PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] AC Initiates; back online yet?

The_Kiwi_
08-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Back before Initiates went down, I had 100% in AC2 but then my PS3 broke and I lost my save (I thought I had it on PS Plus cloud but it was only my 93% one). When I got a new PS3 and redownloaded all my saves again, I went onto AC2 and the only save was the 93% one, then my progress on Initiates actually got pulled back due to my missing 100% save. HOW ******** IS THAT, RIGHT? I've never heard of someone losing XP before. Anyway, I thought I'd get AC2 back up to 100% and then check my progress on AC Initiates as I thought it would be up by now, BUT IT ISN'T WTF. I've been looking everywhere for an answer to when it will be back up and AC Initiates official twitter said themselves that the site was up and live on the 24th of April, yet I still can't get on even after deleting all my cookies and everything. I even went onto the website from my phone, iPod and PS Vita, yet all went to the same ******** homepage with the twitter feed.
Has ANYONE managed to get online? A few people have posted their complete 100% progress screenshots on the twitter since April 24th, so they could get on, but has anyone here managed to get back on?

Locopells
08-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Nope, not back yet.

Ureh
08-27-2014, 07:17 PM
The site went offline again around June 27th, it's currently undergoing a huge overhaul in preparation for AC Unity. None of us have access to the site. No one knows when it will go back online (when they do post an announcement of the return date it'll be on twitter and likely on these forums as well).

Here's more about the site's current status (if you haven't read it already): http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/895217-AC-Initiates-Important-update

You can log-in to https://assassinsnetwork.ubi.com
to check if the Uplay servers recorded your most recent stats.

arkane78
08-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Recently purchased AC4 on UPlay, in the e-mail I received it mentions AC Initiates (something I'd vaguely heard of).
It also said that if I were to go to AC Initiates then I could claim the following items:

* Splitblood Sail
* Black Skull Sail
* Maid of Amsterdam Song
* Connor Costume
* "The Initiates" Title

When I click the link it gives me a 404, I also have no code to redeem (or none that I have found in the e-mail received) and my UPlay activation codes do not work on AC Initiates.
I also cannot find a 'login' or 'register' link to connect my UPlay account to AC Initiates (I've seen posts on the forums about AC Initiates that it sync's to your UPlay account somehow).
Is this because AC Initiates is down that I cannot login/sync/register?
Is there more I need to do to try and claim the above items or do I need to simply be patient?

Ureh
08-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Hello,

You're not doing anything wrong. Initiates is currently undergoing a huge overhaul in preparation for Unity. So none of us can access it at the moment. You can read the FAQ here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/895217-AC-Initiates-Important-update

When the site reopens you should be able to redeem most of those bonuses.

arkane78
08-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks Ureh,

So from what you've said - when the site re-opens, I should be able to login and/or my UPlay account will sync to it and I'll be able to redeem the bonuses without any kind of code?
(I purchased the Digital Deluxe version of AC4)

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 11:12 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH, that is incredibly useful!

EDIT: Re-reading this, it looks like I'm being sarcastic but I'm not, I do appreciate the help and it is useful, thank you.

Ureh
08-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks Ureh,

So from what you've said - when the site re-opens, I should be able to login and/or my UPlay account will sync to it and I'll be able to redeem the bonuses without any kind of code?
(I purchased the Digital Deluxe version of AC4)

Before the site closed, it worked along these lines:

1. Log-in to Initiates with your Uplay acc.
2. Click the Sync button (looks identical to a recycle symbol).
3. It'll check to make sure you're a Level 3 (there is a Level and XP system on Initiates). Lvl 3 is quite easy to reach.
4. Select your platform (PC, PS3, 360, etc).
5. Redemption code will be emailed to you.
6. Enter code inside the game's extras menu.

Hope this helps.

arkane78
08-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Before the site closed, it worked along these lines:

1. Log-in to Initiates with your Uplay acc.
2. Click the Sync button (looks identical to a recycle symbol).
3. It'll check to make sure you're a Level 3 (there is a Level and XP system on Initiates). Lvl 3 is quite easy to reach.
4. Select your platform (PC, PS3, 360, etc).
5. Redemption code will be emailed to you.
6. Enter code inside the game's extras menu.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Ureh, that does indeed help clarify the process and makes me confident that I'll be able to get on-board as soon as the site is back on-line. :cool: