PDA

View Full Version : just for my peace of mind

BSS_CUDA
01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I was in a game last night on another squads server flying against them. everyone was in P51's when I dropped in behind one of them to clear my wings six, I was approx 30 - 50 out. I put a few rounds into him saw his tanks start to leak, he then went into a flat turn, we were on the deck, after the first turn he started to out turn me drastically I Immediately drop flaps and cut air speed, I got down to 170kts and full landing flaps and with in 4 revolutions he was on my 6 and shot me down. I need to know for my own peace of mind. do I just suck and need to keep practicing? or is the the time compression thing I've read about. I went back and checked the server the time check was not on. I'm new to FB about a month and 1/2, but i'm not new to flight sims flew some CFS1 and lots of CFS2, I just need to know if im being paranoid because of all the cheating I saw going on over there or is this a possible case in FB that I will need to remember to stay away from this squad? please any input would be grateful

BSS_CUDA
Co-Founder of my family

BSS_CUDA
01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I was in a game last night on another squads server flying against them. everyone was in P51's when I dropped in behind one of them to clear my wings six, I was approx 30 - 50 out. I put a few rounds into him saw his tanks start to leak, he then went into a flat turn, we were on the deck, after the first turn he started to out turn me drastically I Immediately drop flaps and cut air speed, I got down to 170kts and full landing flaps and with in 4 revolutions he was on my 6 and shot me down. I need to know for my own peace of mind. do I just suck and need to keep practicing? or is the the time compression thing I've read about. I went back and checked the server the time check was not on. I'm new to FB about a month and 1/2, but i'm not new to flight sims flew some CFS1 and lots of CFS2, I just need to know if im being paranoid because of all the cheating I saw going on over there or is this a possible case in FB that I will need to remember to stay away from this squad? please any input would be grateful

BSS_CUDA
Co-Founder of my family

VW-IceFire
01-25-2004, 08:24 AM
What were you flying?

If it was another P-51 then how much fuel did you have in your tanks at takeoff?

- IceFire
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/spit-sig.jpg

BSS_CUDA
01-25-2004, 08:52 AM
I was also in a 51 with 25% fuel and I had been flying for a while

BSS_CUDA
Co-Founder of my family

That was some of the best flying yet! right up to the part where you got killed.
you NEVER NEVER leave your wingman.

Jester : TopGun

Maple_Tiger
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
You may not beleave this but if you had your Rad open then and his rad was closed then yes you where destenned to get shot down first.

ZG77_Lignite
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Another thing that may have impacted this situation; his airspeed (energy) management. If you dropped down to 170kph (100mph?) you are FAR out of the Mustang's best turn speed. This puts the enemy on behind you in a surprisingly short time. Admittedly you probably should have been able to pull a high deflection shot with your smaller turn radius (slow airspeed), but if you didn't shoot or missed then its all over.