PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Confessions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 04:14 AM
For things you want to say but feel you can't say anywhere else.

Note: this is not a debate thread. If you disagree with someone's opinion DO NOT reply. That's not what this thread is about.

I'll go first:

The negative confessions:

I dislike how initiates works. I find it hard to understand. I find lots of the information produced by it to be too deliberately ambiguous and the structure to be too disjointed. I didn't mind as much but initiates sometimes presents info that affects the future of some AC characters (such as Connor) and presents information that I felt should have been presented in other forms of media. I let that slide eventually but rumors suggest that it is required to use AC initiates to 100% AC Unity and I just don't want any of that. (initiates at least is being revamped so perhaps my opinion will change over time. Im sorry Esco it's just how i feel DX)

I dislike ACIV's modern day. It's not fun. I feel like I'm playing frogger(hacking minigames) and am reading the AC wikia(paragraphs of hacked information). I also feel very limited as to what I can do. It doesn't feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed. Not only that, but there is little-to-no modern day plot progression IMO. Juno continues to lurk without a body, a character introduced is immediately killed off (sage), the templars' search for the blood viles goes cold and assassins do their own thing behind closed doors. Looking at the franchise as a whole the modern day in ACIV served little-to-no purpose IMO. (Im so sorry Darbs I just had to let that out. I listened to the loomer podcast but I just disagree regarding the modern day sry)

I find it completely messed up that Connor killed that one thief for taking a map that did not belong to him. I also find it messed up after you beat AC3 you can play a fun 'sport' with the man who burned your mother alive. Connor should be aiming to hunt Washington down after that. And things only get much worse for the natives later. Seeing him on decent terms with Washington sickens me. I also was siding with the templars and was totally up for Washington being assassinated in favor of being replaced by Charles. Charles may have choked Connor and indirectly caused the Boston Massacre but at least he didnt purposly burn innocent women and children alive.

I find the "dont kill innocents" rule of the creed completely pointless because the perception of innocence is different from person to person. I find all the guards who are just doing their jobs and have families waiting for them back home innocent but the assassins don't so it's perfectly fine to kill them apparently. So having that tenant feels almost disingenuous to me. (not to mention there are instances where pretty much every assassin kills someone 'innocent' even by their own definition)

I dislike how in Rogue you can kill civilians. I know templars don't have a creed but that just makes them look like ruthless murderers. True, templars are more "the end justifies the means" kind of people but doesnt mean every templar is Jack the Ripper.

When I played AC for the first time I was super excited. I was then immediately disappointed when I found out the parkour/free-running is performed automatically and all you have to do is hold down one button. I expected more freedom to aim/jump like in Shadow of the Colossus. I understand that would slow down the flow but it kind of ruined a bit of the magic for me. Luckily, Unity is said to involve more button pressing in the parkour/free-running so at least there is that.

I didn't understand Liberation. It was presented in a manner i found hard to understand. Aveline felt very reactionary and I didn't get a feel for her character. As a whole I did not like the game. (but Gerald, Connor, the swamp, the disguise system, and music were all great IMO)

The constant Connor dodging from UbiDevs annoys me to no end. Is Connor a Kenway or not? If not, stop continuing to call him Connor Kenway. Sheesh.

The game content being cut up to seperate editions and DLCs annoys me to no end.

Too many weapons in the franchise that pretty much do the same thing.

Other than ACIV, there's almost no reason for money IMO. In ACIV, money was used on upgrades that innovate gameplay. In pretty much everywhere else it's useless. I didn't even bother to buy the crossbow in brotherhood.

There's little to no motivation to go to stores when I can just loot supplies.

I feel Pieces of Eden should be used to innovate gameplay in a way. They're essentially supernatural relics in a video game. They can be used outside cutscenes and contextual prompts.
---

The positive confessions:

The AC community and dev teams are (generally) great. I've never seen a group of developers so interactive with their fans. I really feel like I have influence over the franchise or in the very least am having my voice heard. And though I complain a lot (ex: twitter Q&A's) I really appreciate the constant flow of news and updates we've been getting from the devs. The podcasts are great. The interviews are (mostly) great.The twitter responses (seperate from Q&A's) are great. And I couldn't ask for a more interactive community that communicates any better. I even admit I've gotten greedy in terms of spoon-feeding information because of this.

I friggin' love the overarching narrative of AC. I love the characters. I love the world. I love all the connections being made. So when I get upset about ACIV's modern day having 'little-to-no plot progression' it just shows im passionate and eager to dig deeper into the progression of the franchise.

I grew up playing nintendo consoles. My favorite franchise was zelda. Unfortunately, zelda games take years to release. (skyward sword took 6 years) When I first got my hands on AC, I felt like I was playing a game as fun and full as zelda. And to get to experience that every year is such a privilage for me.

I'm pretty friggin' annoying and creepy so I appreciate being put up with. :rolleyes:

Do you have anything you'd like to get off your chest?

luknbwui
08-27-2014, 04:23 AM
I lurk a lot.

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 04:32 AM
ACB is my favorite AC.

I don't like Connor cause I find him dull.

I don't like AC4's side activities cause I find them repetitive, I don't like the game itself because I feel it did very little to innovate the series.

Nearly every system introduced into AC3 was an abomination to me and I had to put the controller down and walk away for 15 minutes. Combat was made 10000x easier, functions were stuffed into buttons that were already stuffed with too many damn functions, parkour was kinda meh and escaping a fight was too difficult to be of any use in most cases.

Money was indeed useless in practically all AC's, the worst part is that in AC3 many of the activities served to give you items that go towards other items that you don't need or care about... Like Hunting... you don't need to craft and you don't need money.

Almost every feature in AC's since AC2 is superfluous, shallow, repetitive, and utterly pointless fluff. I'm so sick and tired of Ubisoft stuffing unnecessary and underdeveloped features into the games in a PATHETIC attempt to artificially increase the value of the game. STOP IT. Put in valuable side content with MEANINGFUL rewards that's enjoyable to play through even if it had no reward at all. The task I do to get the reward should be a reward in itself through the story it presents if any or the game play experience it provides.

I hate the constant race to simplify and broaden audiences. Screw the people who didn't jump on in the first place, stop trying to attract everyone at the cost of the games quality. NO MORE DUMBING DOWN GAMES FOR RANDOM PEOPLE.

I hate the immunities in enemies. How the HELL is a Jager trained enough to stop me from countering? Are you friggin kidding me? He's a stupid common soldier. Elite or not I'm an ASSASSIN. Stop with the nonsensical crap, I should be able to stab him just as easily as the other worthless guards. The ONLY people that should be capable of stopping me from insta killing them is Templars. Period.

Don't you EVER dare do what you did with AC4 ever again. Don't try to distract the fact that you've done little to nothing with the main game by inserting some other completely different type of game play. I'm not an idiot, I saw what you did and it wasn't anywhere near enough to save it. The ONLY reason you made any money is because we're fans and you capitalized on the butthurt fans of pirate games who were aching hard after Risen 2 flopped so hard that nobody wanted to touch pirate games ever again. You made a good move at the right time, that's IT. You're a cool guy Ashraf and I know that you put effort into it but it wasn't focused enough on what it needed to be focused on. Finally with Unity you guys have figured it out.

I-Like-Pie45
08-27-2014, 04:49 AM
I hoping Elise has really lovely arm hair and that there will be a button where Arno gets to pull up her hair and feel those furs! :)

Stealth Gamer92
08-27-2014, 05:12 AM
I want a wild west assassin. I want Wyatt Erp to be an assassin.

ALSO

I want an Assassin to have a dog he personaly trained to aid him on missions.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 05:21 AM
-I don't like this fanbase, I tolerate it but I don't like it. it's a dreadful place that's only brought me annoying headaches--They like a story that's SO dumbed down from the original and inspired premise of the first game, a story that's filled with inconsistencies, poor writing and terrible characterization and another story that's a bedtime for 8 year olds--the Games i'm talking about are AC II and ACB, yes they suck and they're horrible and you should feel ashamed if you think they're the best thing that ever happened to this once beautiful franchise--they're average games at best and idiotic at worst, they're dumb stories at best and insulting at worst--there're only 2 positive things about this place--improving my English. This fanbase is filled with pretentious, entitled casual brats who worship AC II and fantasize about Ezio.

-AC III, AC I and AC IV are the best games in the series for different reasons, everyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

-I think the mods are mean bullies who sometimes like to exercise their powers by threatening people and bossing the around.

-The Watch Dogs forum is hell

-none of the above is true, I loves you guys:)

-

I-Like-Pie45
08-27-2014, 05:21 AM
I also wish you could kill dogs without penalty in AC games.

Sigv4rd
08-27-2014, 05:22 AM
*May contain spoilers

-I didn't feel bad when Mario died... Not even slightly.

-Despite AC3's modern day missions being completely ridiculous I actually enjoyed them more than any of the other modern day segments.

-I liked the visual style of the Desmond's Journey missions in AC:R, I just wish they where in third person.

-Despite being told not to kill civilians, the first thing I did when I played AC1 was kill civilians.

-Before watching the Desmond autopsy video in AC4, I made myself a bowl of popcorn and laughed maniacally while the video played... Looking back on it I don't think it was that funny.

-When I first discovered that you could carry bodies in AC2 I began knocking out civilians and carrying them to the nearest hay bale so they would wake up later with a bunch of strangers.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 05:30 AM
I liked den defense and the Desmond memories

Lonnie_Jackson
08-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Positive:

* I love Assassin's Creed as a whole in overall concept.
* The artist and design group put a lot into the characters (love the artbooks)
* Everytime I really like an Assassin, another one is even cooler.
* Love the cross media (comics/ short films)
* Statues are a huge hobby of mine so thank you for making them every game.
* Unity seems like it will be what I have always wanted as far as movement and freedom.
* Music
* Templars (make more awesome ones even if they are not so grey characters)
* Favorite video game series.

Negatives:
* Stop changing the outfit after the first CGI trailer! If not for technical reasons, leave it how it was meant to look. (Arno CGI please)
P.S. Keep his coat long, it looks bad in the closed beta.
* Collectors Editions... There just needs to be something done about this. Please in the name of (insert here) please, I beg you. Either everyone has an equal opportunity or screw it.
* Keeping items/weapons on the character we didn't want to have! Enough using glitches to get them looking like they were supposed too. (Also skipped crossbow)
* If you are going to make an ultimate armor please make it make sense.
* The story seems to drift further and further away from templars and assassins importance. Hoping Unity brings this back.
* We need to see more of the orders on both sides. Again, fingers crossed Unity.
* More importance from the Templars or Assassins in past games if in the same time period or close. By either being in the game or has done something for the time period of actual importance. Not just mentioned briefly.
* Atmosphere... I like the settings but I think Assassin's Creed games lack mood and the feeling of being somewhere that might look like depressing or stinky. The words might come out or it might be said but the feel isn't there. Besides diverse cycling of the day there needs to be points where it just gives off those kind of feelings in the plot or areas.

I'm an immersive player so sorry if a lot of those seemed cosmetic. Until unity I can't really add technical problems I have had with other games till I see what they have fixed. I like this thread :)

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 05:35 AM
ACB is my favorite AC.

I don't like AC4's side activities cause I find them repetitive, I don't like the game itself because I feel it did very little to innovate the series.

AC IV is "greatest hits" kinda thing.... Now The templars hunts have the same freedom which means you can choose how to kill the targets. The plantations re-fill, so again you can choose how to loot them, the forts work the same, with the difference that you cannot replay them.... I strongly disagree, AC IV as a whole is the best sandbox in the series.

I hate the constant race to simplify and broaden audiences. Screw the people who didn't jump on in the first place, stop trying to attract everyone at the cost of the games quality. NO MORE DUMBING DOWN GAMES FOR RANDOM PEOPLE.

I agree!!!!!

I hate the immunities in enemies. How the HELL is a Jager trained enough to stop me from countering? Are you friggin kidding me? He's a stupid common soldier. Elite or not I'm an ASSASSIN. Stop with the nonsensical crap, I should be able to stab him just as easily as the other worthless guards. The ONLY people that should be capable of stopping me from insta killing them is Templars. Period.

Hey!!!! You lied, I though you disliked the games being dumbing down, yet you complain about the jagers.......

Now my confessions:

1 I think AC Rogue is THE biggest cash cow in the series!!!!!!

AC III´s setting was kinda boring to begin with, but that was NOT enough, now Ubi decided to reuse an ENTIRE CITY . Oh wow!!!!!! This revamped version of NY has a non burnt buildings of two storeys tall, YAY!!!!!!!!!! Why not Quebec?????? I know why, GREED.....

2 In regards of Connor, I like the character, but I CANNOT tolerate his fanbase at the current moment. I mean, I know you want him back, but sometimes they cross the line with those CRAZY theories, like that one about the guy at the first AC Unity trailer being Connor in disguise, or making cameo, or appearing in the so called Comet, etc etc ETC.....

3 I could have lived without ACB......

4 Noah Watts bored me! One of the reasons behind AC III´s not so good reception. I liked Roger Craig and Matt Ryan work better. ....

More to come :P

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Megas, friendly reminder debating with people is not allowed in this thread.

---

Some forgotten confessions

-Im afraid the pursuit of Juno is going to be dragged on

-Im afraid the modern day is slowly getting more and more condensed with less interactivity and plot progression.

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 05:41 AM
AC IV is "greatest hits" kinda thing.... Now The templars hunts have the same freedom which means you can choose how to kill the targets. The plantations re-fill, so again you can choose how to loot them, the forts work the same, with the difference that you cannot replay them.... I strongly disagree, AC IV as a whole is the best sandbox in the series.

SHHHHH OP says no debates.

I agree!!!!!

Hey!!!! You lied, I though you disliked the games being dumbing down, yet you complain about the jagers.......

I didn't lie, adding immunities is false difficulty and thus dumbing it down. It's the same as taking a boss and giving it 100,000 more hp and 200 more damage per attack to increase difficulty. It's stupid lazy game design and it doesn't add any thought for the player.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 05:41 AM
I thought Noah Watts and Phillip Shahbaz were amazing.

accents are dumb and Altair's one in Revelations is not authentic nor is it immersive

i'm glad Unity has no french accents but the localized accents are dumb

I hate the color hue in Venice

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 05:45 AM
Oh, those laughing children in AC3.... I wanted to brutally stab them in the throat and leave their corpses at their parents door. WTH UBISOFT Why did you add those annoying beasts into the game and then NOT allow us to stab them?

MAKE THE LAUGHING STOP!!!

Sigv4rd
08-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Guards in AC2 looked like the Mario Bros...

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Parkour in AC III is better than in AC II

I-Like-Pie45
08-27-2014, 05:54 AM
I wished Connor was a girl so I could use the prisoner's outfit and just stare all day

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Sorry about the no debate stuff, my bad :(

5 AC IV had great potential in regards of possible platforming levels scenarios!!!!! More mayan Ruins that could have related to TWCB, pre columbian non mayan caves, mines..........

6 ENB, Sweetfx, 4K textures simulator, bluetooth and Sixaxis driver for PC... LOVED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 You broke my heart Hutchinson: no frozen lakes, no random battles between factions, no great fire of New York..

LoyalACFan
08-27-2014, 06:12 AM
1. I want to slap people who spell "tenet" as t-e-n-a-n-t, the latter means somebody who rents an apartment

2. I also want to slap people who spell "rogue" as r-o-u-g-e, the latter is a type of makeup

3. Konner iz dum

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 06:17 AM
AC III for me since it came:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

Right now I am in the " there were parts of it that weren't very good though"

Namikaze_17
08-27-2014, 06:27 AM
- Altair is my favorite Assassin
- AC3 was my first AC game
- Connor was the first playable Assassin I played with.
- My twelve year old brother got me into AC.
- My reception of Edward wasn't great at first as I thought he was gonna be an Ezio 2.0 ( My bad ^.^)
- I actually prefer Templars over Assassins.
- Kenways are my favorite part about AC
- I think 18th Century is vastly underrated, and will be missed.
- AC3 is my favorite AC.
- I actually liked Des-Des-Ugh! Forget it! Was it something Miles?
- Nikolai Orelov needs a game
- Aqulius Needs a game
- Next AC game should be in Victorian London
- I don't want an Arno Sequel
- Connor Sequel
- I hope Shay is the breaker of the Assassins= Good Templars= Bad notion.
- I hated Ceasre Borgia
- I liked Rodrigo more ;)
- AC should be a show not a movie.
- AC2/ ACB are overrated
- Ezio is overrated
- Kenways are underrated
- MD is just...there?
- Haytham is my favorite Templar
- Forsaken was just... *Sobs* T-T
- Aveline Needs an Ending
- I secretly have a Crush on Aveline. *Hides in Box*
- I like AC Fanfiction...though sometimes it can get ridiculous.
- I did'nt take a liking to Connor at first.
- I couldn't pronounce Altair's name for a time.
- I get annoyed with Fanbases of all AC characters. ( I.e Yusuf fans)
- My least favorite AC is liberation
- AC3/ AC1 Templars are the Best.
- I also have a thing for Rebecca Crane. *Closes Tabs*
- I actually thought AC3's ending wasn't half bad, fans just want to complain I guess.
- Shao Jun needs a mention/ Game.
- No japan setting
- WHEN ARE WE GOTTA PUNCH JUNO IN THE F***ING FACE!?

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 06:27 AM
People don't like Connor because he's not a copy of Ezio

People don't like AC III because it's hard

People complain about optional objectives because they're hard

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 06:50 AM
- Being a fan since 2007.
- Combat in AC III is my favorite!
- Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus. Florence, Venice, San Gimignano, Rome, Constantinople, La Habana and Paris have sites of UNESCO World Heritage.Guess what game does not......
- Being Paul Revere´s driver is the worst mission ever.
- I like Matt Ryan´s Constantine, Roger Craig did a very good job in Arkham Origins and RE6, despite the games being kinda weak. I wonder what Noah watts is doing right now.......
- Vittoria Agli Assassini is the worst moment ever for this franchise, not even herding pigs comes close.
- Love Rome in real life, hate its ACB´s version.
- ACB is my least favorite AC game.
- AC III ruined the Daniel Cross.
- I believe Ubi does not have ANY idea what to do with the modern story.
- Dont want a Connor sequel, but a cameo
- Enough of the XVIII century.
- I will miss the naval stuff.

Namikaze_17
08-27-2014, 06:52 AM
- People who Complain about Edward being a pirate, and not an Assassin.
- People who Complain about Connor & Edward not being "true" Assassins.
- Optional Objectives are annoying
- People who complain about Stealth, when I think it's just fine really.
- People who will Complain Unity still isn't "Stealthy" enough.
- People who Complain about AC3's "Cliffhanger" yet every game except AC4 has one.
- People who Complain about Naval, yet are getting Rogue.
- Fanbases that will defend a character to the ends of the earth. ( Guilty as Charged ^.^)
- People who Complain about Accents in Unity, yet thought Ezio's was top-notch.
- People who Complain about a Character's motives, story, background, personality, etc. Yet never ask themselves: "What if this was me?"

tinrisky
08-27-2014, 06:56 AM
I think Rogue would be a better live action movie, Lineage was a good tie in with Giovanni. The game itself just looks annoying and repetitive to play.

CoachAssassin
08-27-2014, 07:17 AM
I really want a protagonist who is going against the big stream of that time period. So far all of our assassins have been on the side of the successful group from our general histories POV, or on this third group who coincidentally aided the group who won the most. Connors character to me was fine and intense, but the fact that what he said/thought didn't stroke with what he was doing was the thing that ultimately killed AC3 for me. I had high hopes we would actually see a game from the British POV as well, seeing as how the natives sided with the loyalists, but instead we get some ******** story about him joining histories favorite anyways. Do something really out of the situation, push boundaries. Isn't AC's greatest thing that it shows ''history'' in it's truest form?

Edward was the character we needed after Connor I think, it was a reaction to what people thought about Connor. I like how Edward wasn't living by a creed, yet truer in his intentions then most assassins.

jeordievera
08-27-2014, 07:39 AM
I hate fake accents so it was really painful to listen to them. I am glad that Ubi decided not to use them in Unity.

AC3 has the best soundtrack IMO.

Ezio is my least favourite assassin. I like him but I feel like Altair, Connor and Edward were far more better written and I could relate to them/like them.

I played AC3 straight for one month (everyday) That s*** is addictive!

I already hate disguise skill :-P

Modern day to me is like 'meeeh lets get over with it so I can play the main story'.

I love this community! You guys are great <3

SolidSage
08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Disappointed that Unity won't offer a custom character option. So we can all be represented however we would like.

Excited for all the promise and potential Unity shows. What's in there we don't know about yet? Coop moves? Friendly fire?
So cool it has buddy heal and a bunch of other SplinterCell tech. The free running looks liberating...appropriate setting :)

Sigv4rd
08-27-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't like Rogue because Shay's motivation makes him sound like Templarzio (Templar-Ezio if that wasn't clear) and his animations are all taken from AC4.

I have a slight fear that Arno's relationship with Elise will consist of; Elise playing the damsel after getting herself into trouble while searching for revenge forcing Arno to save her over and over...

HypeR.tgL
08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
The game numbering system and subtitling system. It annoys me how it's gone:

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Comet

I wish it had more consistency. Just annoys me everytime I look at my collection.

RinoTheBouncer
08-27-2014, 09:35 AM
POSITIVE:

1. Ezio and his 3 games are the best thing every happened to Assassin’s Creed.
2. Desmond’s Saga >>>>>>>>>>> FPS
3. The First Civilization and Modern Day are my most favorite parts of AC games.
4. Assassin’s Creed is the best franchise in terms of story-telling, or at least it was.
5. The connectivity between the series entries and real-life conspiracies as mind-blowing.
6. I’m really excited for Elise and Arno’s story. I hope it turns out to be a major part of the game.
7. No other franchise presents better historical tourism than Assassin’s Creed.

NEGATIVE:

1. ACIV Modern Day (and obviously AC:Ro and AC:U’s as well) are the worst part of AC ever.
2. I’m as worried about AC:U and AC:Ro as I am excited to get them.
3. AC:Initiates worries me a lot. It acts as a substitute for proper modern day in the games, but it’s not very well made.
4. The graphics of AC:U are better than ACIV, yet it is nowhere near the top limits of the potential of the consoles AND the PC.
5. ACIII was perfect but the ending marked the beginning of the end for the franchise.
6. I’m disappointed that the numbering system has been dropped, at least for now.
7. Assassin’s Creed is becoming more focused on the mainstream historical locations, periods and characters than actual story-telling and exploration of the game’s mythology.

AherasSTRG
08-27-2014, 09:44 AM
- As my sig suggests, people who find Connor dull, also believe that Edward was fighting for money. What I want to confess is that I cannot understand how people are unable to understand what AC4 was about. Heck, the game itself makes fun of the people who say that AC4 was about being a pirate, drinking rum and plundering ships (Devils of the Carribean cinematic). Generally speaking, I am displeased about how short-sighted some people are when it comes to judging art (for me video games are art) and refuse to analyse the most basic of information to deduce logical conclusions on the background and motivations of the character.

- I found Ezio unrealistic and annoying with no actual depth in his journey (apart from the 2-minute speech in Bonfire of the Vanities, great title btw). The Ezio games were awesome gameplay wise and their plot was also rather interesting, but you keep nothing from them when it comes to your own personal life.

Kermi81
08-27-2014, 10:39 AM
I prefered the series when the Assassin's fought for peace, as in AC1, as opposed to freedom in AC3 and 4.
Whats got me hyped for Unity more than any other feature that we know about is that it won't focus on the revolution
I enjoyed the ending of AC3.
Not gunna lie, i'll miss those kill streaks, but am excited to see how combat plays in Unity.
For me the saddest moment of the series is when Edward realises who an what he has lost and how no matter how wealthy he is, he can't replace his friends and family

wvstolzing
08-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Negative: I should be writing a dissertation right now; but I spend all my time either playing AC, or reading about it. Great escape mechanism----but an awful waste of time.

The_Kiwi_
08-27-2014, 10:49 AM
I was willing to get another PS3 and hook it up to my second TV just so I could get that stupid DLC trophy in AC4, so I could get 100% in the trophies and complete my 100% AC trophy collection.
I bought a PS Vita JUST for Liberation, I've hardly touched it since.
I HATE Ezio, can't stand him. His games are great, not the best ACs though, but Ezio is so ****ing vain and arrogant, I hated him.
I feel like Unity has diverged too far from Assassin's Creed, because of this, I am looking forward to Rogue far more, as I know that will be the AC game I know.
I hate people who complain about no female characters, I just want to kill them all.
AC3 is one of my favourite games, I don't understand the hate for it. Connor is amazing and the story is emotional (even more so after reading Forsaken), it may be grey and lifeless at times, but it's still amazing.
I am deeply ashamed of Ubisoft. The first Assassin's Creed game since the launch of next-gen is next-gen only, I feel like they betrayed 9/10ths of their fans without a second thought. They should have made another game for this year, and left Unity and Rogue for next year so that more fans have a better chance of getting a console.
Revelations was the first game that ever choked me up so bad I almost cried; that scene where Ezio found Altaïr and gave that speech, it was phenomenal.
AC4s main theme is one of the best compositions I have ever heard, it narrowly beats Road to Masyaf from Revelations and Ezio's Family from AC2.
If I think of anything else, I'll post it straight away :D

The_Kiwi_
08-27-2014, 11:08 AM
I totally agree. The one thing I remember that wasn't in the final product was how some parts of The Frontier could only be explored during certain seasons, due to frozen lakes and stuff.

roostersrule2
08-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Positive:

AC2

Negative:

AC

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 11:37 AM
· I hate that I just got up and now have to read 4 pages
· I love all my forum braz an sistaz

other than that...

· I like ACIII (BOOM!)
· I like Desmond

and

· I friggin hate ACIII's ending

Now I have to think about the details and post them...

GunnerGalactico
08-27-2014, 12:10 PM
- I am a huge fan of Ezio and Connor.

- I dislike it when most people say that AC4 was not about the Creed.

- I felt that Ezio's charisma and light-hearted personality was fresh and unique- but after that, people only wanted characters with that type of personality. :(

- I will admit though, I enjoyed playing all 3 of Ezio's games.

- I really enjoyed the soundtracks in AC3 and AC4, I felt that it captured the atmosphere of their respective settings.

adventurewomen
08-27-2014, 12:18 PM
I'M FREAKING OUT FOR A WEEK SINCE I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT CONNOR IN UNITY!!!! Please let this be true, and for Marquis de Lafayette to take Connor on a tour of Paris, like he said he would in AC3!!!!! <3

Sabuto78
08-27-2014, 01:00 PM
The npcs in ac3 ...... i hate how they would automatically detect you and then just stand there staring in your direction like.... :rolleyes:. i try to replay the game but it's so flipping frustrating

AC2/ACB/AC4 my fav games from the series, Ezio my favorite assassin **** the haters..
Hidden pistol my favorite weapon in all of the games OF ALL TIME (Which I think would give ezio the edge over the other a assassins if they ever went at it :))

I hate Connor I felt i was a lapdog for the brothers of freedom or w/e it was the entire tea party sht i felt like a pawn just standing in a corner waiting for instructions lmfao

Wish we would have gotten an AC revelations game Where connor would have gotten Edwards journal and through it learn of his epic/badass Grandfather which would have triggered Edward Sequences while Conner is on the way to visit his families old house and meeting Jenny. But it's all dreams now :/

Sushiglutton
08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
This one is so horrible I have to put spoiler tags on it:

I really like black and white stories/characters!

Even though I disliked AC3 a ton I spent more time roaming the frontier than I care to admit. Amazing space, one of the most unique in gaming ever. Really want Ubi to make another forest style playground.

I thought AC4:BF was fantastic, but I just can't play it anymore. Every time I fire it up I get bored after like five minutes. It's the shallow gameplay in combination with the annoying collectible design that prevents me from getting in to it again.

What I most look forward to in Unity is to do nothing. I really like in AC games to just roam around without really participating in any of the organized activities. I just wanna climb around the landmarks and observe the crowd from the rooftops and enter various building to see what's going on.

Shahkulu101
08-27-2014, 01:29 PM
- I got into video games because of Assassin's Creed and now gaming is such an enjoyable aspect of my life and I attribute becoming a gamer to being a better, happier person - AC remains my favourite series. :o

- I get incredibly riled up when people make up illogical arguments regarding ACIV simply being 'Pirates Creed' and had nothing to do with the Creed and also arguments against Connor.

- Edward and Connor are my favourite characters, but I still love Ezio.

- AC1 is terrible and I skip playing it when I replay the series. I like Altair though, but he's not up there in terms of favourite protagonist.

- Darby is my favourite writer and I love his work.

- The AC community is one of the most informative and insightful out there, and I love that the devs answer twitter questions and Loomer gets to do his interviews with the performers.

- I'm glad to have met so many interesting people on these forums and happy to call some of them friends. :)

That was longer than I expected. :p

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Sorry, I know commenting isn't allowed but I have to quote this:

The AC community is one of the most informative and insightful out there, and I love that the devs answer twitter questions and Loomer gets to do his interviews with the performers.
Thanks, Shahkulu, because this is so true. I've tried to get into many different Forums, but AC defnitely has the best community in terms of people and information.

Shahkulu101
08-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Yep. I tried to read and get familiar with other forums like The Last of Us, Walking Dead and a few others but I only feel comfortable here. :)

DumbGamerTag94
08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
@Mayrice.

Not meaning to derail the thread here just a little info to clear up your confusion on George Washington and Connor being friends:

Washington did order his village burned but never did it maliciously or with any hate for the natives or Connor/his people.

The first time when Connors village was burned it was the 7 years war and the Mohawk were one of those tribes that some villages fought with France others with Britain, and Connors was supposedly neutral(but we may see some motive for the British to burn it in Rogue(and I have a suspicion that Shay will be present) like perhaps Ziio(who was all but an assassin) may have assassinated a British Officer or something. Which wouldn't make her evil if he were a Templar, but would make her village a target.

But either way the first time was because the natives were largely Britain's enemy and in that time Europeans didn't really understand native culture and largely thought one tribe went along with the whole group and were lead by male chiefs, but realistically they were independent villages that formed alliances in time of war(wich reminds me Ziios allies in AC3's Braddock mission were all tribes sided with France during the war(there's our probable motive there).

So the first time he was only doing what a good soldier should do defending the colonies and ejecting the French and their allies by force. It's not really his fault. Ziio and the village were collateral damage unfortunately of war....which sadly is an inevitability in any conflict

The second time was during the Revolution when Connors tribe actively sided with the British. So he had to remove it or risk allowing an enemy base of operations behind his lines. He didn't have a lot of choice that time either. Even less than the first time since they openly sided with Britain this time.

We have to remember than Washington and Connor are a lot alike. They both fight doggedly for their respective people. When their interests align they make great allies. But when their interests don't align they can cause problems for eachother. For instance Connors tribe was a hinderence for Washington's goal of independence. But Connor wants to protect his people. So the tribe is not important to both. Yet they both have an iterest in colonial independence. They are also alike in other ways. Both fairly quiet and reserved, calm, kind, and avidly loyal to their people. They are practically a mirror of eachother one in the native and one in the white world.

Also in TOKW DLC(which is canon but everything is a dream/hallucination except for the very end cutscenes). Washington turns down the apple, he never wanted the power it gives, he knows that a King is not what his people needed. The apple only confirmed it. irl Washington was being pushed by many to become King of the US but repeatedly declined even though 99.999% of historians will tell you his popularity and respect was so high he could have easily pulled a Napoleon. But he didn't. He asked Connor to get rid of it. Only bad could come of it. Connor learns from this that Washington was never in it for power or glory, only for the good of his people. Just the same thing that Connor fights for.

Also Connor never kills Washington in game and even helps him for a few reasons. 1 he isn't a bad man he was very well intentioned his interests just didn't always fall in line with Connors. 2 he was the people's chosen leader. 3 Connor and he both sought free A merica with the same outlook and desire for a republic and not dictatorship or kings. So Washington is an Ally of Connors the whole time even though there is some unfortunate history there between them, and they don't always see eye to eye(but who ever does?)

Also after the war and becoming president Washington worked very very hard to help the native Americans. In fact the first treaty of his government(and the US) was the treaty of New York which was supposed to create an independent native Nation for the Cherokee I believe(in what is now Alabama Tennessee, Mississippi, and pars of Floridas panhandle). They were supposed to be recognized as a seperate county by the US and Washington hoped to do this with other major Indian confederations to stop the warfare between whites and natives and hopefully one day these nations would join the US as states of their own. This was Washintons goal and it's historically documented. However the problem is that back then the federal gov didn't have much power. And the southern states never respected the treaty...dashing Washington's hopes and the Iroquois refused to humiliate themselves with a simmilar deal and instead sought war...which happened in the 1790s under president Adams and perhaps the latter years of Washington's presidency I don't remember. So that wasn't Washington's fault either. He tried hard to help them. The people just didn't want to unfortunately.

So in short Washington wasn't some sort of native hating butcher. He was known for burning villages but that was during times if war. Not out of malace. He liked natives and worked alongside them during the 7 years war. It's just unfortunate history unfolded as it did.
So Washington didn't burn his village to watch children cry as their mothers go up in flames. He was just clearing the area of the enemy. Just as any good soldier should. He didn't do it with evil intent. It's easy to think that when taking that one event out of context but you have to look at the big picture. Washington himself tries to explain this but Haytham cuts him off and Connor gets all emotional and doesn't want to talk to anyone.

So basically once the revolution ends and after the apple incident Connor being a kind and fairly rational dude probably realized that Washington wasn't a bad dude and was only doing what he had to. Nobody can really be blamed for what happened in the village all those years ago. Washington was only helping his people.... Which is exactly what Connor did so it be hypocritical to hate George for it. The two men share the same goals the same victories the same morals and personalities. Nobody even George Washington or Connor is perfect. They just have to key bygones be bygones and forgive. Which must have been what happened because they are playing games together and Washington shows Connor the apple by the end of AC3 so it's fair to reason they are friends of some kind or at least close allies.

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 03:15 PM
@Bmark

My opinion has nothing to do with evil intent, but like I said in the OP debate is not allowed.

On-topic please.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Hmm, this ought be good to anyone who reads it ^_^;;

- I loved Altair. I thought he was badass with a little bit too much pride, but like him anyway. ACI was my number one game.

- I didn’t really get too attached to Ezio. I was tired of clichéd characters (ladies man and likes to curse a lot), but the VA was well known so I think that’s why a lot of people liked him too.

- ACIII is my number one game now.

- <3 Connor (He’s my big time crush now :o). Very relatable character and different from all the clichéd ones, not to mention how humble he was and his fight for justice speaks volumes more than Duty-Altair and Revenge-Ezio.

And here’s a bonus:

…I think I am sexually attracted to the man. That voice, that moment the camera hits his face/expression at the right moment *SWOONS*.. and I have fantasized about him more than I care to admit X_X. I know I'm terrible. If Ezio people can do, why not Connor people, right? :p

- AND I loved his attitude in TOKW.

- Loved Haytham, my second favorite character. And I have a thing with British accents :o

- Alex Hutchison/Jonathon Cooper/Corey May are the bomb!! And I think Yves sounds adorable <3

- AC4 was a good story. Still technically not an AC story because he technically wasn’t an Assassin until later. That’s what Darby was trying to pull off anyway.

- And I think Darby is a troll too, and this is not disrespecting the man as he has confessed this before, so at least he's honest :p

- Aveline was…. Okay. Her accent/speech was very weird (and people thought Connor’s tone was “off”). So was Connor in Liberation. And he seriously didn’t need to be in that mission with her.

- I like this "bond" me and Mayrice have for some reason :p

- I really respect Adventurewoman and wish to know more about her culture one day :)

- Mr. Shade/Loco are the BOMB! :p

- Loomer does awesome work!

- I love M/Bmark/Hans's posts! Cant tell whose posts are better xD

- I'm glad to have met so many interesting people on these forums and happy to call some of them friends. :)

Glad to hear that, Shak :)

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I have slept with my AC4.

Sounds like one of my jokes but.. I did.

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 03:36 PM
- I like this "bond" me and Mayrice have for some reason

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/132/f/8/tumblr_inline_mhux8x3e2q1qz4rgp_by_orochimaruxdd-d652in7.gif

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 03:37 PM
I have slept with my AC4.

Sounds like one of my jokes but.. I did.
Ugh!

I once wished I was Ezio, when he and Sofia had some fun in Monteriggioni. :(

ACfan443
08-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Enjoy the following shopping list.

Positives:

AC1 is my favourite AC game.

Altair is my favourite protagonist.

I didn't think AC1 was repetitive.

I loved the colour filters in AC1.

I thought Rome was a beautiful city and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my free-roam sessions. (Not so keen on the bland countryside though).

I didn't experience a single glitch in AC3. (Not really a confession but I felt like sharing that).

I loved the overarching narrative. In fact, for me it was the main incentive behind purchasing the sequels.

I thought Desmond was an awesome character with wasted potential.

I loved the present-day continuity and consistency in the earlier games, case in point AC2 directly picking up where AC1 left off.

I thought Rebecca's face looked fine in AC3.

Negatives

Boston and New York are two of the ugliest locations I've had the displeasure of exploring in a video game.

Parkour in AC3 sucked.

The world in AC3 felt dead and soulless because of Ubisoft's inexplicably inane decision to discard Balfe's ambient tracks and opt for a music-less free roam experience.

I didn't like the Homestead missions. And in general I was disappointed with how much the game was padded with frivolous, half-baked filler material.

When I entered Renaissance Italy for the first time in AC2, I hated it. I missed the dark, gritty and serious tone of AC1, so the stark contrast in atmosphere was jolting. But it grew on me as I progressed further into the game, and eventually AC2's cities became some of my favourite.

I dislike the stupid recruit meta game that ACB introduced, as well as its various iterations and re-skins throughout the series.

I hate the butchering of the present day narrative post ACB, as well as the plethora of unresolved loose threads.

I'll forever remain bitter over AC3's abysmal present-day ending.

I hate that the modern day AC4 sections are presented in a first person perspective. I also have nothing but contempt and disdain for the present-day morgue that is AC Initiates.

I dislike naval.

I hated the shoehorning of pirates and naval into the AC franchise.

Venice's blue filter is repulsive.

Desmond's face in ACR was criminally hideous. What the hell were they thinking?

I previously said that ToKW was the worst piece of DLC the series had seen, but I retract that statement because I completely forgot about TLA. What a piece of sh*t that was.

Aside from some of the ambient tracks, I really dislike Lorne's bombastic Hollywood-esque scores. I sincerely hope Ubi steers clear of Hans Zimmer clones in the future.

I began to dislike Connor purely because of his annoying fanbase.

I hate it when people who regard Connor with disfavour are branded ignorant or dumb because they fail to understand how 'deeply layered' and 'complex' his character is. Cut the pretentious crap.

I found it incredibly stupid that Ezio was joking around and in pursuit of his next sexual conquest after only just witnessing the unjust execution of his family.

ze_topazio
08-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I was actually a bit disappointed by AC2 when I started playing it, I missed the exquisite philosophical discussions from the first and hated the constant time skips, the overall more laid back atmosphere of the game took a while to grown on me, as some of you may know eventually it became my number one.

I believe I already said this before but my first AC game was Altair's Chronicles, something I'm not proud of.

wvstolzing
08-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I also have a crush on Rebecca. I wonder whether she uses Linux or FreeBSD on her machines.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't dislike Brotherhood and II as much as I seem to, I only say I do to rustle some fanboy jimmies

m4r-k7
08-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Ac 1 is the best ac game
Ac 2 is the second best game
Ac 3 doesn't deserve the hate it gets. ****test setting and loads of bugs and crap combat but I still enjoyed it loads.
Ac brotherhood is my least favourite as it is basically a dlc for ac 2 but with new combat
Ac revelations was my second least favourite. The hook blade is the stupidest tool yet
Ac 4 was absolutely fantastic even though I was so sad when I heard it was a pirate themed ac game.
I hated ac 3 naval but loved ac 4 naval
The worst thing to happen to the series is tyranny of king washington
I'm very scared for Unitys crowds and tons of bugs in the game. I love the gameplay but in every vid there has been glitches, even more than ac 3 which scares me.

I love the series. My favourite in gaming.

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 06:14 PM
New confession: Sometimes I don't like the development of this Forum.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2014, 06:17 PM

And the mods and comdevs go...

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/tumblr_lbj668mzhy1qat7rw.gif

Xstantin
08-27-2014, 06:22 PM
I grew tired of seeing Brotherhood Ezio's robes.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
- AC1 still remains as my favorite game of the series.
- Mobile AC games are extremely flawed. I am still waiting for a decent spin off series in mobiles.
- AC1 has the best templars IMO with Garnier de Naplouse probably being one of the coolest of the series.
- I enjoyed AC2 but not nearly as much as most people did.
- I actually like Multiplayer a lot.
- My favorite armor is the Brutus Armor.
- I loved Den Defense and I want it back at some point.
- I enjoyed killing Cesare Borgia.
- I always pick Shahkulu, Davenport and Silvestro Sabbatini in Multiplayer (and a random one in BF)
- I want a new game with Altair
- I think AC3 had all the potential to be awesome but they lacked in execution (glitches and stuff makes me think twice about playing it again)
- I obsessed with completing the achievements of these games.
- I want a game with Aveline and Connor as COOP partners
- I want a videogame adaptation of The Fall
- I do not dislike Connor as a character and I actually think he is pretty badass.
- I am not a big fan of Edward.
- I am not a big fan of AC4 story.
- I want a sequel in the Caribbean with Adewale becoming the mentor of the Caribbean Order.
- I would have liked to spend more time in the cities of the Caribbean in AC4 than in the sea.
- I want a fun spin off series (fighting game, moba, i dont know)
- I really want a game in the Persian Empire and Ancient Egypt.

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 06:35 PM
People don't like Connor because he's not a copy of Ezio

People don't like AC III because it's hard

http://averyteoda.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/lololol_gif.gif

Hooooooooooooooo boy! You just wrote comedy gold ;P you're hired for 20 dollars an hour.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
http://averyteoda.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/lololol_gif.gif

Hooooooooooooooo boy! You just wrote comedy gold ;P you're hired for 20 dollars an hour.
I humbly decline, for there are far more talented people suited for the comedy role:

Positive:

AC2

Negative:

AC

The npcs in ac3 ...... i hate how they would automatically detect you and then just stand there staring in your direction like.... :rolleyes:. i try to replay the game but it's so flipping frustrating

AC2/ACB/AC4 my fav games from the series, Ezio my favorite assassin **** the haters..
Hidden pistol my favorite weapon in all of the games OF ALL TIME (Which I think would give ezio the edge over the other a assassins if they ever went at it :))

I hate Connor I felt i was a lapdog for the brothers of freedom or w/e it was the entire tea party sht i felt like a pawn just standing in a corner waiting for instructions lmfao

Wish we would have gotten an AC revelations game Where connor would have gotten Edwards journal and through it learn of his epic/badass Grandfather which would have triggered Edward Sequences while Conner is on the way to visit his families old house and meeting Jenny. But it's all dreams now :/

thank you, though:)

jayjay275
08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
I think Machiavelli was a ****.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
New York is the most underrated AC city

Mr_Shade
08-27-2014, 07:06 PM

And sometimes I don't like having to use common sense for other people when they lack it - but stuff happens ;)

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 07:09 PM
And sometimes I don't like having to use common sense for other people when they lack it - but stuff happens ;)
let it all out, you poor man

Mr_Shade
08-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Nah I'm good ;)

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Nah I'm good ;)
Proud of you:)

Kaschra
08-27-2014, 07:31 PM
- I like Den Defense
- I'm more interested in Shay than in Arno
- I'm also more interested in Elise than in Arno
- playing as Haytham in the beginning of AC3 is my fave part of the game
- AC3's soundtrack is underrated
- I really like Desmond
- AC4 is my fave game, followed by ACR
- Edward is my fave protagonist
- I actually liked Connor at first, but then I started to dislike him (and his fanbase made it worse)
- I can't stand Cristina, and her lovestory with Ezio
- Darby is love, Darby is life

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 07:32 PM
- Darby is love, Darby is life

Best back off, son.

Don't make me go Connor on you.

I called dibs.

Kaschra
08-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Best back off, son.

Don't make me go Connor on you.

I called dibs.

I guess we'll have to fight to death then, huh?
:p

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 07:38 PM
I guess we'll have to fight to death then, huh?
:p

1 vs. 1 me Super Hexagon

Person with most seconds in Hexagonist mode wins a date with the Darbs

Let's go *rips shirt off*

Kaschra
08-27-2014, 07:39 PM
1 vs. 1 me Super Hexagon

Come at me bro!
Darby is popular LOL

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 07:40 PM
1 vs. 1 me Super Hexagon

You're late. Me & Darby are already married :p

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't dislike Brotherhood and II as much as I seem to, I only say I do to rustle some fanboy jimmies

Thing is those AC II / Ezio fanboys are as scarce here these days as non linear missions in AC III, they´ve been bullied and expelled by 2013 and onward Connor/ AC III fanboys....

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Oh got another confession.

Sometimes I feel reluctant to say something and get self-conscious because I feel the devs are constantly watching and judging me.

http://whatsmyage.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/paranoid.gif

ESPECIALLY when I critisize something designed by a developer I like.

You're late. Me & Darby are already married :p

http://media.tumblr.com/a8f60b1b5301292c8421624277faf03d/tumblr_inline_mk4ycwrZ9z1qz4rgp.gif

Kaschra
08-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Does Darby know how popular he is? :p

Got another confession:
- I really like Liberation and think it gets too much hate

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes.

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 07:53 PM
I got Assassin's Creed 3, 7 days early.

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Oh got another confession.

Sometimes I feel reluctant to say something and get self-conscious because I feel the devs are constantly watching and judging me.

http://whatsmyage.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/paranoid.gif

Silly girl, it's the other way around. I'm always watching and judging the devs.

I see you Amancio. You better do good or I'll make a very ragey thread ;P

Get some spine loli, before this becomes you ;P

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3iuwsEoON1qeve54o4_r1_250.gif

Actually, I'd hit that, low self esteem or not. I like red heads :3

My condolences for your pain and suffering 7 days before everyone else.

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 08:00 PM

How? From that website that ships games like a week prior to release?

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 08:04 PM
How? From that website that ships games like a week prior to release?

They were defo on drugs. Normally I get games 3 days before release but with AC3 they just threw it at me. And it was the special edition too, when I ordered standard and the Special Edition was retailer specific.

Which meant they probs stole them.

GunnerGalactico
08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-L2boJviCUKU/Uhq60Vm0AQI/AAAAAAAABqc/bkYyCZ_Biyo/s1600/tumblr_m34ghacSPK1rr35iyo1_500.gif

- My favourite writer is also Darby :p

- I felt that Aveline is a good character, but I did not enjoy playing ACL ... that's just my opinion, anyways.

- Mary Read is my most favourite supporting female character in the AC series. My second favourite is Maria Thorpe.

- As much as I like Ezio, when I got half-way through the campaign in ACB... I got tired of him quickly.

- While playing AC3, I didn't take a liking to Connor at first. After playing sequence 8, he grew on me.

- Honestly, I did not think Ubi was serious when they said they were releasing 2 AC games this year.

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
@Pac

PM or tweet me site pls?

@gunner

looks like I must kill you too

GunnerGalactico
08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
@gunner

looks like I must kill you too

I'm waiting for you. Come on!

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 08:15 PM
It's the secret site :( no one will know.

Soz :P people have asked before and I was a **** about it then.

AND I WILL BE A **** ABOUT IT NOW

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 08:16 PM

Someone told me what it was before but I forgot about it.

C'mon son do me a solid. D:

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2014, 08:36 PM
@Mayrice, I thought you gave up on Darby. Giviing him another chance or still holding onto hope that he'll become single? :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 08:37 PM
@Mayrice, I thought you gave up on Darby. Giviing him another chance or still holding onto hope that he'll become single? :rolleyes:

My love can only be restrained for so long. I can wait it out.

killzab
08-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I must be the only one who doesn't care for him at all

Sesheenku
08-27-2014, 08:52 PM

Actually I don't care either, about any of them anyways, not like these guys anyways ;P.

Respect to Patrice for his role in the series though. Perhaps Amancio will earn that too, we'll see.

killzab
08-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Actually I don't care either, about any of them anyways, not like these guys anyways ;P.

Respect to Patrice for his role in the series though. Perhaps Amancio will earn that too, we'll see.

I like Ashraf and Jean Guesdon, Patrice isn't here anymore but I respect him a lot , Amancio seems to be pretty good too, ACR was alright, we'll see about Unity

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM

I'm not really bothered. I appreciate what he's done for the series, but I'm not attached. I only said I was married to him to annoy Mayrice. :)

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Back to confessions: I think I'm in love with Elise. :eek:

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
To add to my confessions and emphasize one of the den...I want Den Defense to be back

ACfan443
08-27-2014, 09:29 PM

So coy ;)
You told me about it a couple of years ago, there's two if I remember correctly, right?
I used the UK based retailer and got my copy of AC3 2 days early. (Same with Black Flag).

Anyway, another confession: I really enjoyed the '60 minutes' of Aveline gameplay in AC4, which seems to be contrary to popular opinion.

Mr_Shade
08-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Someone told me what it was before but I forgot about it.

C'mon son do me a solid. D:

They don't ship outside of the UK last I checked - so you out of luck anyway? ;)

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 09:34 PM
They don't ship outside of the UK last I checked - so you out of luck anyway? ;)

OTL OTL OTL You win again, region exclusivity!

Edit: Oh wait, there's another site doe! #there'shope

Mr_Shade
08-27-2014, 09:38 PM
TBH - if you add in international shipping - you might not get it at release - let alone early ;)

It's only early due to being close to the stores mailing office ;) - and then it's only like 1 or 2 days early - by the time you factor in 6 days postage to the US - would be quicker to get locally.. ;)

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 09:40 PM
TBH - if you add in international shipping - you might not get it at release - let alone early ;)

It's only early due to being close to the stores mailing office ;) - and then it's only like 1 or 2 days early - by the time you factor in 6 days postage to the US - would be quicker to get locally.. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/259wmMu.gif

Oh....I see...

Lucky Pac....

m4r-k7
08-27-2014, 09:43 PM
I got black flag 4 days early from "the" website and unity is releasing on a Tuesday too so I will probs get it from there again, unless the price is stupid xD

ze_topazio
08-27-2014, 09:44 PM
The advantages of living in a small country, I order something in the afternoon, next day in the morning is here.

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I got black flag 4 days early from "the" website and unity is releasing on a Tuesday too so I will probs get it from there again, unless the price is stupid xD

I probably won't get it early because I don't think I ever have when ordering from Ubi. I always get them on time, but never early. The only AC I've had early was ACB when I ordered the codex edition from play.com.

aL_____eX
08-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I hope Uplay shop is on schedule with the Guillotine Case this time. I hate how I got Black Flag on Oct 30 last year. :(

But I will have Rogue one day early I hope.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I hate AC Brotherhood with a passion.

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Thing is those AC II / Ezio fanboys are as scarce here these days as non linear missions in AC III, they´ve been bullied and expelled by 2013 and onward Connor/ AC III fanboys....
Don't care...they still get their jimmies rustled and I intend to rustle every jimmy

DavisP92
08-27-2014, 10:02 PM

I hate how people think the optional objectives are hard and don't seem to get how pointless they are

I hate how Ubisoft, as a way to make the game more "challenging," added the sync. system even though it didn't make it challenging

I hate how Assassin's creed which started off with so much potential; dropped from AC2-ACBF

I hate how the new fan base has also ruined the series by condoning the developers for creating game after game with lower quality

I hate how people prefer a easy game rather than a real hard one that challenges your skill and how you think.

I hate how even though i've been saying do co-op, add customization, etc. it took them more than 7 years to do it

I hate the fanbase that said co-op wouldn't work for the series or wasn't a right fit

I hate how the people that normally say this are just loners and were being selfish (of course i was also being selfish by wanting co-op. but at least i was saying allow people to have the best of both worlds)

I hate Ubisoft's idiotic statements for why they can't do something. Be it the female assassin thing (personally i prefer to play as my gender [male]) a new race (there was a black assassin during Ezio's time) or their dumb excuse to why they didn't have co-op in the first game "it didn't make sense for the animus"

I hate how as more gamers start playing AC, the ones that are actually jumping in are starting from a point of AC2 or up and don't see the good qualities of AC1

I hate how AC1 is the only AC game where you are an assassin, where you investigate, find, kill your target, and escape the scene

I hate that AC1 looks the best in my eyes (of the games out right now)

I hate how AC1 even though it had the perfect formula, Ubisoft abandoned it

I hate how in AC1, even when i assassinated my targets without anyone knowing, the bell still went off; signaling the whole city the target died

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 10:09 PM
I hate how people think that I think the optional objectives are hard

DavisP92
08-27-2014, 10:11 PM
I hate how people think that I think the optional objectives are hard

lol i already know you don't. I remember way back we had a long talk about should they be in or not. Your comment just reminded me about the sync. wars haha

Assassin_M
08-27-2014, 10:16 PM
lol i already know you don't. I remember way back we had a long talk about should they be in or not. Your comment just reminded me about the sync. wars haha
Well, i'm not in love with them but like I said then, they're optional and have a nice replay value to them, I didn't mind their replacement with something better:p--Unity seems to have done away with them in favor of the blackbox level design concept.

Yatta

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 10:17 PM
I hate that f**king tank mission in ACB. Why did Ubi make it so hard to 100%?

jeordievera
08-27-2014, 10:18 PM
This was a nice thread when people kept up with the rules and were not commenting or being off topic :nonchalance:

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 10:18 PM
I hate that f**king tank mission in ACB. Why did Ubi make it so hard to 100%?

Come one...sometimes it is good to have a challenge and not just get the 100% in one weekend :P

Namikaze_17
08-27-2014, 10:19 PM
- I personally like/ liked Shaun
- I don't understand Mayrice's Obsession with Darby?
- I think Nicholas Biddle's death speech is underrated.
- I hated AC2/ ACB death speeches.
- I Actually liked Prince Ahmet as a Templar/ Character.
- I hate it when AC4 Templars are branded as just...there.
- I don't understand why some fans love Yusuf. *Shrugs*
- Revelations Ezio is my favorite version of him.
- I don't consider myself a fanboy of Connor, I admit his flaws, and I didn't care for him in my first playthrough.
- I hate it when people label AC4 as a "pirate game".
- I can't stand Ezio's love story with Christina, Sofia was right for him.
- On that note, Sofia is hot
( Love me some redheads ;) )
- AC3 guards made me rage quit once.
- Connor's fighting style is my fav.
( Even if it's more like a warrior than an Assassin)
- I just laugh at the people who were "Shocked" Mary Read was a woman.
- I think Balfe, Tyler, and other future composers will be severely underrated by the AC Fanbase.
- I LOVE THE AC COMMUNITY!!!
- I don't hate Aveline or Liberation, I just thought the acting and other aspects could've been better.
- On that note, Aveline is hot.
- I actually like William Miles as character. ( Too bad for his what's his name Son)
- I'm getting Suspicions from these "Council" of Assassins.
- I actually find Lucy innocent... :(
- On that note, Lucy is hot...
( In ACB ;) )
- I've never had the need to 100% any AC game.
#86%forlife
- I actually thought Agate was a bad*** mentor.
- I actually agree with Altair's atheist quotes...
( I'm not an atheist)
- Strange are the people on these forums...
- AC3 MD is the best IMO
*Hides in Box*
- Elise's book should be interesting. :)
- On that note, Elise is hot.
- Rebecca's a GREAT character...
*Closes all Rebecca tabs*
- AC chronicles/ bloodlines/ and Discovery need an HD remake.
- What's happened to Erudito? :(
- I always loved the way Altair and Connor walked.
- I don't hate Ezio, I just think the other Assassins are more relatable and realistic.
- MD Assassins/ Templars suck...
- AC should be a hit show...
- And finally, I hope Arno and Elise have that NEXT-GEN sex scene. *Smirks*

DavisP92
08-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Well, i'm not in love with them but like I said then, they're optional and have a nice replay value to them, I didn't mind their replacement with something better:p--Unity seems to have done away with them in favor of the blackbox level design concept.

Yatta

Yea i remember I gave alternatives like the mini missions within the main missions (like what they're doing now) but i didn't like how they asked you to kill in a certain way and if I wanted to get everything i had to do it their way.

lol I remember when they first said it was gone. then there was a screenshot with it back, and now they say they're gone again. I'm just going to wait and see haha

SixKeys
08-27-2014, 10:22 PM
No-one here is posting actual confessions, just stuff they don't mind admitting in any of the other threads. Pansies. :p

-I actually don't mind Den Defense all that much. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. I can understand people's hate for it because it's so different from what they expect from AC, but I personally don't hate it.

-I don't believe AC will ever again have the special spark that got me hooked in the first place. Only the first three games (AC1-ACB) continue to give me the same unadulterated, pure joy and excitement every time I replay them. I think it's the atmosphere, the mysterious glyphs, the bold challenging of religion and politics and the fact that modern day still seemed to be headed towards an epic conclusion. Even AC4, which I liked a lot, didn't recapture the magic. I don't think Unity will either.

-Certain aspects of AC3 strike me as more impressive than I originally gave them credit for.

-Freedom Cry felt more like AC1 than any other AC game in one aspect: the moral greyness was interwoven within the gameplay rather than stuff down your throat. Adewale didn't have a happy ending, you could never free all the slaves because there would always be more, and not all the slaves were willing to choose freedom over comfort and (relative or imagined) safety. I think it's an overlooked gem in the AC canon.

-I don't mind the black-and-white Templars in AC2 and ACB. I love them, especially ACB. I love Cesare's voice and drama queen-ness, I love Lucrezia's over-the-top vixen design and the proud way she carries herself. I know the story is almost Disney-ish in its simplicity and caricaturish characters, but I like Disney so I don't care.

-It bothers me how many people seem not to have noticed or cared that Ezio and Cristina's "love story" was in fact a story about an entitled, obsessive stalker who ended up sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend. It bothers me that the writers turned Ezio into that kind of character without explicitly condemning that kind of behavior. It's like they didn't even realize it wasn't romantic at all but creepy and wrong. The fact that so few people seem to care implies to me Ubi's customers think it's okay too, and that concerns me.

-Even though I disliked Connor as a character, I applaud the writers for creating a non-white protagonist for a major game. I'm worried that after AC3's critical failure, they're afraid to do so again.

-I think the special editions of AC games have gone downhill since ACB. Yes, all of them. Even the coveted European ones Americans are always pining after. I think the statues are of poorer quality than they used to be and the other extras, like Washington's diary or an American flag, are completely uninteresting. ACB's special edition came with a gorgeous, decorated box in which to keep all the nice pre-production art lithographs, soundtrack etc. Pretty and practical.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-27-2014, 10:30 PM
- I felt as though AC 3 and AC 4 constantly broke emersion by giving both Connor and Edward special abilities assassins had before they ever came in contact with the creed.
- AC 3 was really slow and should not have focused on Haytham as much in the beginning.
-Haytham makes a sudden and unexplained change in both forsaken and AC3 from starting out as a man who wants to become the best of both assassins and Templars to someone who just doesn't care anymore.
- I think Connor deserves his own sequel on next gen. a stealthy Connor would be awesome
- I wouldn't mind a character with his or her own trilogy again.
- soon I would like AC to go back before the time of guns
-I would've rather had a game about Connors mother than Connor himself. she had a cool sarcastic sense of humor and an interesting personality
-altair and Ezio are tied as my favorite assassins.
- i want altair to get a proper sequel on consoles.
- i want a first person AC game set in modern day as you play as yourself after you begin to feel side effects of the bleeding effect.
- i want another third person modern day protagonists.
- i don't want co-op to become a permanent thing in AC
-i would love an AC in the wild west
-i hate people who dump on fans of ezio and stamp them as casuals.
- AC 3 was a glitchy mess and was way overhyped.
-on that note i still love AC 3
-i felt connor complained about things often
- i found altair way more darker than Connor
i would love a story about a branch of assassins who use the creed and interpret in their own dark way. this would show that the creed can be dangerous as well.
- i want to question my belief that assassins are the GOOD GUYS
- i feel Ubisoft is scared of giving a colored character a cooler personality rather that the smug cold silent type

Also i am ok with it if you disagree and want to reply

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 10:31 PM
@sixkeys

my actual confessions would get me banned so... :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 10:34 PM

Or steal it

Disclaimer - I don't condone stealing.

Might as well actually take part in this:

1. I liked the Aveline DLC in AC4 and I would like a full console release with her as a protag
2. I really like Naval, but don't like it being shoved down by pants
3. I've pre-ordered every AC game from AC2 onwards, except this year for AC:Rogue
4. I got a superstore to sell me AC4 at midnight even though they werent doing a midnight release
5. I've bought every AC season pass even though I never know if its gonna be good
6. I dislike AC's MP. Not cause if its design, but for all you dumb kids that run around to get 100 point kills and ruin my stalkiness
7. The AC Encyclopedia is one of the coolest AC collectible things in my opinion. What I didn't like was how the completely money swagged this and released another one just one year after.
8. I dislike companion apps in my games
9. Despite not liking AC3's mission design, pacing, 100% sync objectives, collectibles, side quests and the fact that viewpoints don't reveal the whole map; I have played it 8 times and have over 150 hours clocked.
10. AC4 restored my hope in the franchise, honest truth. If AC4 was not what it was advertised to be, I was going to leave this forum and franchise, so thank you, Ashraf and team
11. I have the most expensive collectors edition of AC:B, AC:R and AC3. Soon to be Unity as well.
12. When I first got AC4, I had a 2 minute sleep with it in my bed cause I was happy the store gave it to me

ACfan443
08-27-2014, 10:36 PM
@sixkeys

my actual confessions would get me banned so... :rolleyes:

You like incest, we know.

ACfan443
08-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Or steal it

Disclaimer - I don't condone stealing.

Might as well actually take part in this:

1. I liked the Aveline DLC in AC4 and I would like a full console release with her as a protag
2. I really like Naval, but don't like it being shoved down by pants
3. I've pre-ordered every AC game from AC2 onwards, except this year for AC:Rogue
4. I got a superstore to sell me AC4 at midnight even though they werent doing a midnight release
5. I've bought every AC season pass even though I never know if its gonna be good
6. I dislike AC's MP. Not cause if its design, but for all you dumb kids that run around to get 100 point kills and ruin my stalkiness
7. The AC Encyclopedia is one of the coolest AC collectible things in my opinion. What I didn't like was how the completely money swagged this and released another one just one year after.
8. I dislike companion apps in my games
9. Despite not liking AC3's mission design, pacing, 100% sync objectives, collectibles, side quests and the fact that viewpoints don't reveal the whole map; I have played it 8 times and have over 150 hours clocked.
10. AC4 restored my hope in the franchise, honest truth. If AC4 was not what it was advertised to be, I was going to leave this forum and franchise, so thank you, Ashraf and team
11. I have the most expensive collectors edition of AC:B, AC:R and AC3. Soon to be Unity as well.
12. When I first got AC4, I had a 2 minute sleep with it in my bed cause I was happy the store gave it to me

The last point - didn't you also lick a tomahawk?

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 10:38 PM
You like incest, we know.

That actually wasn't what I was referring to at all. :I

Namikaze_17
08-27-2014, 10:45 PM
- I felt as though AC 3 and AC 4 constantly broke emersion by giving both Connor and Edward special abilities assassins had before they ever came in contact with the creed.
- AC 3 was really slow and should not have focused on Haytham as much in the beginning.
-Haytham makes a sudden and unexplained change in both forsaken and AC3 from starting out as a man who wants to become the best of both assassins and Templars to someone who just doesn't care anymore.
- I think Connor deserves his own sequel on next gen. a stealthy Connor would be awesome
- I wouldn't mind a character with his or her own trilogy again.
- soon I would like AC to go back before the time of guns
-I would've rather had a game about Connors mother than Connor himself. she had a cool sarcastic sense of humor and an interesting personality
-altair and Ezio are tied as my favorite assassins.
- i want altair to get a proper sequel on consoles.
- i want a first person AC game set in modern day as you play as yourself after you begin to feel side effects of the bleeding effect.
- i want another third person modern day protagonists.
- i don't want co-op to become a permanent thing in AC
-i would love an AC in the wild west
-i hate people who dump on fans of ezio and stamp them as casuals.
- AC 3 was a glitchy mess and was way overhyped.
-i felt connor complained about things often
- i found altair way more darker than Connor
i would love a story about a branch of assassins who use the creed and interpret in their own dark way. this would show that the creed can be dangerous as well.
- i want to question my belief that assassins are the GOOD GUYS
- i feel Ubisoft is scared of giving a colored character a cooler personality rather that the smug cold silent type

PM me sometime... ;) We would have the best conversations/ debates. ^.^

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Here are my confessions:
- If you don't like Daniel Cross, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Haytham Kenway, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Nikolai Orelov, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Kenya Orelov, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Claudia Auditore, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Aveline, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Edward, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Connor, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Altair, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Ezio, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Arno, I don't like you.
- If you don't like Shay, I don't like you.

Did I do well?

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Nailed it.

pacmanate
08-27-2014, 11:01 PM
The last point - didn't you also lick a tomahawk?

Ha.. noo

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/Snapshot_20121010.jpg I can't even remember why I did this. But for all of you seeing this for the first time, there was a valid reason...

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Ha.. noo

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/Snapshot_20121010.jpg I can't even remember why I did this. But for all of you seeing this for the first time, there was a valid reason...

That poor tomahawk.

HDinHB
08-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Here are my confessions:

Did I do well?

I like you.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Here are my confessions:

Did I do well?

I like them all! We can be best buds now ;)

Ha.. noo

*shudders*

What the freak were you thinking of when you did that to the tomahawk?

On a side note...

I've noticed some people say they hated Connor because of the fan base...

So does that mean if the fan base never was .. "crazy," you would have liked him? If so, why should the that fan base ruin your opinion?

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Wha?

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 12:17 AM
Wha?

What's wrong?

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 12:20 AM
On a side note...

So does that mean if the fan base never was .. "crazy," you would have liked him? If so, why should the that fan base ruin your opinion?
Because they're sensitive little jelly beans who let others affect their opinions

though the fanbase can be really frustrating sometimes, Humble--even I can admit that.

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 12:21 AM

Nope, my opinion of him was already negative, it only got worse because of the fanbase

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 12:24 AM
though the fanbase can be really frustrating sometimes, Humble--even I can admit that.

i can agree with that to some extent. It can get out of control sometimes.

Nope, my opinion of him was already negative, it only got worse because of the fanbase

Sorry to hear :(

Wha?

Confused by my question I guess?

SixKeys
08-28-2014, 12:29 AM

^ This. I was neutral towards Connor, the only thing I actively disliked was his voice-acting. Then his fanbase got me on the defensive when they started saying stuff like anyone who disliked Connor was stupid, didn't understand his character, only liked stereotypes like Ezio etc. My opinion of him turned more negative for a while because of these people. Now that things have calmed down, I'm back to neutral.

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm marrying someone I met here

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 12:32 AM
wait what? srsly?

I know someone who did that in NF.

SixKeys
08-28-2014, 12:33 AM
It's LightRey, isn't it?

Shahkulu101
08-28-2014, 12:35 AM

Yourself?

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 12:36 AM
^ This. I was neutral towards Connor, the only thing I actively disliked was his voice-acting. Then his fanbase got me on the defensive when they started saying stuff like anyone who disliked Connor was stupid, didn't understand his character, only liked stereotypes like Ezio etc. My opinion of him turned more negative for a while because of these people. Now that things have calmed down, I'm back to neutral.

Ah, I thought it was always negative. Good to know.

Now that that's cleared up, would you be willing to give him another chance if the time arises?

OMG gratz, who's that?

SixKeys
08-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Ah, I thought it was always negative. Good to know.

Now that that's cleared up, would you be willing to give him another chance if the time arises?

I have given him a chance, I ended up neutral. I see nothing wrong with that. I'm neutral towards Edward, Adewale and Aveline too.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 12:40 AM
I am neutral towards Edward, Ezio, and Adewale.

Negative on Aveline.

Positive on Altair, Connor, and Haytham.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Neutral towards Edward, Ezio, and Adewale.

Negative on Aveline.

Neutral towards Edward, Ezio, Adewale, and Aveline.

I have given him a chance, I ended up neutral. I see nothing wrong with that. I'm neutral towards Edward, Adewale and Aveline too.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with that. Was just asking how you felt and would feel :)

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Like/dislike something or somebody is entirely subjective and that can vary in time relying on many factors. Overexposure might be one of them......
In this case, the 895485309850934805803958039 Connor theories that flooded almost every thread from mid 2013 to early August of him being back and the whole pretentious speech of "only deep, smart gamers understand and like Connor" , because otherwise..........

I still like Connor, but less than in 2012.

Shahkulu101
08-28-2014, 12:46 AM
I'm only neutral towards Adewale as a protagonist, never found him particularly interesting. Harrowing backstory and all, but I was never enamoured with his character like I was with Edward and Connor. Fantastic voice work from Tristan though, and such a badass I can't help but enjoy playing as him.

Never played Liberation so no opinion on Aveline. Love Edward, Connor and Ezio and like Altair.

EDIT: Hmph. I see this has turned into an insult the fanbase thread.

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 12:47 AM

And I played cupid for them... ;)
But the marriage part is new to me? You serious, Mo? :O

Sabuto78
08-28-2014, 12:49 AM
I hate how optional objectives stop me from completing a mission the way i would like to. I wanna hang a guard jump to another tree air assassinate,hide in the bushes while they are distracted by dead bodies then disappear

AC Brotherhoods robes my favorite robes It was so perrty
AC4/Ac3s robe second place

I love how AC2s soundtrack flowed great with the game especially in the races
AC3s main theme the GOAT
AC4s Soundtrack rather forgetful but had it's moments

I haven't played AC1 which really sucks..

and I also hate how connor is such a dumb brute. Atleast he had 1-2 missions where he showed some brains. I also lol @ the homestead missions. Also lol@ the broken ai in AC3 a npc could be looking opposite direction and detect you. then just stares in your direction, while you have to follow a opt objective. such an awesome game R.I.P. to connor the dumb brute.

Haythem was such an awesome character I miss him cant wait for Rogue because of him

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 12:50 AM
And I played cupid for them... ;)
But the marriage part is new to me? You serious, Mo? :O
Yup...I am forever grateful to this woman for being cupid...forever grateful, Kachra woman.

Oh yes, definitely...just need to find me a friggin job in this cesspit and then i'm proposing...you think we can get Ubisoft to sponsor our wedding and stuff? some lines like this could work: "Our forums...talk about AC, meet new people and even...marry them" or "AC has united these 2 love birds" or something like that

Yourself?
oh come on, man...don't make me shy now......yes

It's LightRey, isn't it?
Weren't you the one who was supposed to do that? and you were gonna have intellectual childrens and stuff:p

wait what? srsly?

I know someone who did that in NF.
Yeah, figured i'd settle down now

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 12:52 AM
How romantic! :o

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Yup...I am forever grateful to this woman for being cupid...forever grateful, Kachra woman.

Oh yes, definitely...just need to find me a friggin job in this cesspit and then i'm proposing...you think we can get Ubisoft to sponsor our wedding and stuff? some lines like this could work: "Our forums...talk about AC, meet new people and even...marry them" or "AC has united these 2 love birds" or something like that

Holy ****, I'm literally cupid XD

Oh god, that would be something - a wedding, and the AC forum is invited. And you marry in Assassin robes xD

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 12:59 AM
I would like to see the wedding on Skype or something Q-Q

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Holy ****, I'm literally cupid XD

Oh god, that would be something - a wedding, and the AC forum is invited. And you marry in Assassin robes xD
I'll put on Haytham's coat and she can put on ziio's robes.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 01:01 AM
I'll put on Haytham's coat and she can put on ziio's robes.

And then there's a fire and your future son stabs you in the neck. :rolleyes:

aL_____eX
08-28-2014, 01:02 AM
I just don't know if this is serious right now? If yes, best love story ever.

HiddenKiller612
08-28-2014, 01:10 AM
- I've enjoyed every main game, and enjoyed Liberation as well
- I like each assassin, though some have had too little development...
- Adewale would be awesome in a full game, kind of sad he won't receive one.
- I grow tired of the constant Connor in every thread, and at points dislike both sides of the argument
- I often take leave of the forums because of this.

SixKeys
08-28-2014, 01:12 AM

Yves should be the priest and Darby the best man.

I didn't think you were actually being serious, but wow. Congrats.

Shahkulu101
08-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah, congrats M - that's awesome. :)

Locopells
08-28-2014, 01:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPfW0Wc5hxI

...sorry...

Seriously though, congrats M!

ACfan443
08-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Wait, what? I thought you were joking around. Who's the lucky lady?
or man

Shahkulu101
08-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Wait, what? I thought you were joking around. Who's the lucky lady?
or man

It's Frost.

ACfan443
08-28-2014, 01:20 AM
It's Frost.

Ah, makes sense.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 01:20 AM
It's Frost.

I am thinking of Syd haha

EmbodyingSeven5
08-28-2014, 01:24 AM
PM me sometime... ;) We would have the best conversations/ debates. ^.^

I look forward to it

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Wait a minute... Frost is a guy? Holy crap!

#themoreyouknow

Gratz anyway :o

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
I look forward to it

Good...you think you have what it takes? To outwit me in a conversation? Prepare for the BATTLE OF YOUR LIFE!

Nah, I'm jk. ;)

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 01:33 AM
Wow...I eat dinner, and I come back to see M about to marry someone...

Congrats, Mate. ;)

#themoreyouknow

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 01:37 AM
toomuchinternettoomuchinternettoomuchinternettoomu chinternettoomuchinternet

Shahkulu101
08-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Wait a minute... Frost is a guy? Holy crap!

#themoreyouknow

Gratz anyway :o

It's not Frost.

I made that up.

You are gullible.

LoyalACFan
08-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Wait wut

M's getting married to another forumer? Seriously, this isn't a joking thing? Congrats! First I heard of it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 01:42 AM
It's not Frost.

I made that up.

You are gullible.

http://www.digiday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/out.gif

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Way to hijack a thread, M.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Sorry but a confession of a marriage to another UF member is worthy enough for a momentary topic change. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 01:51 AM
I hate it when members troll other members to death...
:nonchalance:

ACfan443
08-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Knowing M, I'd wager this is all just a joke. He's probably had the most intense fits of laughter in his whole life during the past 30 or so minutes.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Ms getting Married? I remember that one time we....................... uh.................................. well anyway congats........ you troll

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Congrats M!

Big confession: Ii always looks like I really hate Edward...I do not although it is my least favorite "main" assassin

EmbodyingSeven5
08-28-2014, 01:58 AM
Good...you think you have what it takes? To outwit me in a conversation? Prepare for the BATTLE OF YOUR LIFE!

Nah, I'm jk. ;)

OK! ME, YOU TOMORROW............. ILL BE WAITING.............................:p

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Knowing M, I'd wager this is all just a joke. He's probably had the most intense fits of laughter in his whole life during the past 30 or so minutes.

If this is a joke.....:mad:

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:05 AM
OK! ME, YOU TOMORROW............. ILL BE WAITING.............................:p

*Polishes Blade* Yeah, Tomorrow...
:rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-28-2014, 02:06 AM
M was joking?!

M.... I love you too much to hate you, but don't troll us please T_T;

GoldenBoy9999
08-28-2014, 02:13 AM
-I sometimes kill civilians for fun, although I don't want to break the 3 tenets.
- Altair was a boring and flat character. ( these things about AC1 are coming off of a 5 year memory of the game and will probably change when I get the game back :D)
-AC1 was boring and repetitive. It was a pain to even finish the campaign.
-AC1 was my least favorite setting of all the games and I got tired of it.
- I can't understand how people say that AC2 had no improvements over AC1 with the countless things I loved such as shops, customization etc that I feel are completely missing from AC1.
I believe AC2 was a great revising of the series but isn't the greatest because of things like linear missions.
-AC3 had the best idea of an AC game ever and probably will be.
-I loved the over-arching modern day story from 1-3.
- I love the people on these forums so much, and I hope some of you consider me as friends becuase I certainly do the same for you :o
- Mayrice is probably my favorite person on these forums because I love her humor and personality. Don't worry, everyone else has a special place in my heart and I have special memories of you :D
-Try as I might, I can't find a single thing me and Assassin M agree on. Some of your posts make me angry seeing as they are the complete opposite of what my thoughts are but I'm sure you're an AWESOME person in real life. No hard feelings at all mate.
- I've had a great time with you folks and I'll miss you when the games come out this fall. :)

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 02:16 AM
- Mayrice is probably my favorite person on these forums because I love her humor and personality. Don't worry, everyone else has a special place in my heart and I have special memories of you

http://x3.cdn03.imgwykop.pl/c3201142/comment_rBVaNdv4HLlOK037leVHIVEhXrP3IcWH.gif

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:16 AM
@Golden

What about me? *Puppy eyes*

GoldenBoy9999
08-28-2014, 02:22 AM
@Namikze You're the guy/gal that makes good, thought provoking comments and I never have a problem with :o

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 02:27 AM
@Namikze You're the guy/gal that makes good, thought provoking comments and I never have a problem with :o

And I'm the person who accidently spoilered Mary's death for you :nonchalance:

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:29 AM
@Golden

Ah, well thanks mate...

And it's Guy. :cool:

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:31 AM

Ah, but I like you Kaschra... :o

Assassin_M
08-28-2014, 02:31 AM
Confession: I was not trolling.

now, back on topic.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:39 AM
I never liked any Assassin's early designs...

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 02:44 AM
- I think Edward looks kinda ugly in the CGI trailer. For some reason he reminds me of Prince Charming from Shrek 2?
- even though I miss playing as a character, I still like Modern Day in AC4

Ah, but I like you Kaschra... :o
Thanks lad xD

I-Like-Pie45
08-28-2014, 02:46 AM
Kaschra, will you marry me?

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Kaschra, will you marry me?
I'm already married to several fictional characters, so no. Sorry :p

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 02:54 AM
@Kaschra
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/06/assassinscreed4blackflag.jpg
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131219154141/the-mystery-case-files/images/7/77/Shrek_Prince_Charming.jpg

Well since you say that... ;) And you're welcome lass.

Kaschra
08-28-2014, 03:01 AM
@Kaschra
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131219154141/the-mystery-case-files/images/7/77/Shrek_Prince_Charming.jpg

Well since you say that... ;) And you're welcome lass.

It's the haircut, I think xD
I think someone mentioned it on tumblr and ever since that day I couldn't unsee it.

GoldenBoy9999
08-28-2014, 03:05 AM

Don't feel bad. It wasn't that big of a deal and I had no clue how she died so it was still a surprise. She's also one of my favorite characters.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 03:05 AM
It's the haircut, I think xD
I think someone mentioned it on tumblr and ever since that day I couldn't unsee it.

Yes, I always thought Edward looked awkward in that shot... Then again, Arno looked weird in his final shot with no eyebrows. ^.^

rprkjj
08-28-2014, 03:09 AM
I'm already married to several fictional characters, so no. Sorry :p

I always thought Edward looked a lot like Ron White in that trailer. Google if you don't know him.

-Edward is my favorite assassin.
-I've probably played Brotherhood the most.
-I thought Connor was alright and unique.
-I'm the one M's marrying.
-jk
-I really liked AC3 at first.
-I later realized how bad it was on the second play through.
-I don't like naval that much.
-I only flock to the forums whenever there's news.
-They should really make a mobile version of the the forums.
-I think Mayrice and Sushiglut are awesome.
-Altair's accent completely kills his character for me.
-I beat AC1 for the first time only a year ago.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 03:20 AM
@rpr

EDWARD WASN'T AN ASSASSIN!!! HE WAS A PIRATE DUH!
:rolleyes:

Sabuto78
08-28-2014, 04:07 AM
@kaschra

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131219154141/the-mystery-case-files/images/7/77/shrek_prince_charming.jpg

well since you say that... ;) and you're welcome lass.
lol

Sabuto78
08-28-2014, 04:14 AM
how cute, Assasin Creed creating relationships. This is why you don't take a video game too seriously. lmfao hf you two.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 04:15 AM
how cute, Assasin Creed creating relationships. This is why you don't take a video game too seriously. lmfao hf you two.

What is that supposed to mean? :/

UniteUnderPower
08-28-2014, 04:25 AM
The Connor dodging from the developers pisses me off to no end. I'm starting to think they have no pride in the character. Especially now that it's looking like they're not putting him into one of Unity's additional features that I can't say on here.

Now...to my confessions:

- I liked AC: Revelations' modern day segments and bought "The Lost Archive" to experience more of them.

- I hate Ezio and I laughed when he died in Embers.

- Sometimes, I get the strong urge to spam the forums with threads telling Ubisoft to create a Connor sequel.

- I loved Desmond as a character and it pissed me off how it seems like they just recently decided to get rid of him and replace his segments with the segments presented in AC4.

- I don't hate Assassins Creed: Brotherhood as much as I appear to and don't hate Rome as much as I appear to.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 05:12 AM
@Unite

You interest me...you should PM me sometime.

Don't really see alot of members like you...

UniteUnderPower
08-28-2014, 07:15 AM
@Unite

You interest me...you should PM me sometime.

Don't really see alot of members like you...

Really? Kind of flattered :p

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 11:16 AM
I have 2,328,528 florins in Brotherhood.

jeordievera
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Marry me! :p

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Marry me! :p

Haha. :D

I can go to the Thieves Den and just gamble it all away. :)

aL_____eX
08-28-2014, 12:03 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/bd6bd7cc358c648563df7a8c9b130845/tumblr_n31x1hfQl31tqjkj4o1_500.gif

I think the worst thing in ACIII gameplay-wise were the guild challenges.

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Every single time I played Brotherhood and I called a horse while activating eagle vision, I wanted to snap my controller in half.

That horse whistle button will remain as the worst addition to any AC ever. No doubt about it, it made me rage so ****ing much.

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Every single time I played Brotherhood and I called a horse while activating eagle vision, I wanted to snap my controller in half.

That horse whistle button will remain as the worst addition to any AC ever. No doubt about it, it made me rage so ****ing much.

Well you don't know the difference between holding a button down and tapping it :| first time I've heard of that "issue".

roostersrule2
08-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Another Positive:

Ezio

Another negative:

Con

Fetti

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 03:03 PM
How is that a negative :|

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 03:38 PM
What I find funny is in ACB, your horse runs away from you as you try to mount on it. In AC3, when you dismount from your horse, it follows you, and you don't want it too. It's especially annoying in combat when you counter an enemy and the horse in in the way.

jeordievera
08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
What I find funny is in ACB, your horse runs away from you as you try to mount on it. In AC3, when you dismount from your horse, it follows you, and you don't want it too. It's especially annoying in combat when you counter an enemy and the horse in in the way.
Truth, sometimes you think you finally lost him and then *boom* the stalker horse is there.

jayjay275
08-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Truth, sometimes you think you finally lost him and then *boom* the stalker horse is there.

How come horses are the only domestic animals that you cannot kill in AC?

jeordievera
08-28-2014, 03:59 PM
How come horses are the only domestic animals that you cannot kill in AC?
Can you kill cats, dogs and cows? I don't think you can tho..

aL_____eX
08-28-2014, 04:00 PM
da sw33t horsezz in AC

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lye32hg2vn1r8elyho1_1280.jpg

just the bottom 3 pictures. that's three major confessions.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/27fc8063de118f95b490acf70d37474c/tumblr_mhrzxxI34b1r2njwko1_400.gif

I hate horses in AC.

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 04:02 PM

It's Mayrice in a past life as a horse whilst she is searching for Darby. She smells Darby on Connor. :p

jeordievera
08-28-2014, 04:02 PM
da sw33t horsezz in AC

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lye32hg2vn1r8elyho1_1280.jpg

just the bottom 3 pictures. that's three major confessions.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/27fc8063de118f95b490acf70d37474c/tumblr_mhrzxxI34b1r2njwko1_400.gif

Who can blame him, I would get attached too!
LOL at twerking horse!

Journey93
08-28-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm a fan since AC 2 played AC1 after that
Love every AC game every game has someting good and unique to offer if I had to choose
my favourite would be the Ezio Trilogy (like one big *** game for me) and my least favourite would be AC 4 (I know a very unpopular opinion)
I didn't like how much time was wasted in being a pirate Edward should have become an Assassin much sooner

Naval Combat was a fun addition but I don't want to see it again its not what AC stands for
Connor is awesome no idea why so many people dislike him and think he is boring
I don't like the Templars sure I like that they are going away from the Black/White stuff BUT I liked it more when Templars were actually enemies and
not Allies (like Elise is going to be)

I desperately want the Series to finally move on from the 18th century its been way too much what about Ancient times
A game in Egypt? A game in Ancient Rome?
They are wasting way too much time here

I really want a black protagonist like Adewale to have his own game its really boring to have the same
english dude every game just because people didn't like Connor
I also want accents depending on the setting they add to the atmosphere I hate how in Unity everyone has an english accent

I hope AC goes on forever even though I would like a conclusion to the MD arc after that they should just keep making the series
I really liked Desmond its a shame he didn't get his own game well I suppose if you count everything since AC1 it was almost a full game

BoBwUzHeRe1138
08-28-2014, 07:45 PM
WHAT A SHOCK! I wish there were more female Assassins in the series. As main playable characters. On mainstream console games. Not handhelds. Joss Whedon should write an AC.

I also desperately want a game set in China. Perfect time to also feature a female protagonist by either making it about Shao Jun OR creating a new character if they want to set it in China during another time period.

I would prefer regional accents instead of this whole "England is Europe" trope thing going on.

If Unity manages to do everything it wants and is as good as it sounds on paper. Never again -- never AGAIN stray from that because it's too good. Even if Unity doesn't reach it, continue to strive for what it's going for. This is what AC should be about, acquiring targets and finding a solution to assassinating them. Hitman, barring Absolution, has more or less always given you freedom in finding ways to kill the target(s). Some were better than others but that's besides the point. After Absolution they realized, thanks to the fans, wait -- that's not what Hitman is about. Okay, we'll make a real Hitman game now. I'm thankful that Ubi has finally done this with AC. It feels like AC2 was the last REAL AC game. ACB and ACR were basically just glorified expansions with minimal changes to gameplay. The few changes they DID make simplified things and made things a whole lot easier or simply weren't necessary (e.g. Den Defense). AC3 made the assassinations completely linear. AC4, while probably a solid game, didn't seem much like an AC game -- it seemed to drop urban traversal in favor of sailing and exploring islands. Unity feels like a true AC once again and better yet, an AC with a lot of improvements and necessary changes.

I'm not a fan of microtransactions. As long as they're to unlock things immediately and not items you can ONLY get by purchasing them then whatever. If someone either doesn't have the time to invest but still wants all the stuff OR simply doesn't care about working for it. Then whatever. As soon as microtransactions become things I can't get normally, I'm going to be pissed.

I'm very excited for Unity. That's not so much a confession as it is a reaffirmation of how excited I am for the game.

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Confession: I actually like this thread

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 11:02 PM
I always preferred the look of Rogue, it's going to be my favourite, but now that Unity is releasing the same day, I'm befuddled. My original plan was play Unity on release as I am interested in seeing how it plays out, to see if I like it or not, continuing playing it until Rogue comes out then play Rogue religiously and get the platinum trophy, then go back to Unity and get that platinum trophy. Now, I don't know what to do, I'll want to play Rogue first but that will mean postponing Unity for however long it takes to get the platinum, or do I take a break then go to Unity? AHHHHH DAMMIT UBISOFT

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I find the Elise/Arno relationship extremely disturbing as they grew up together as brother and sister. I know it's not proper incest, but if I got adopted by a family I wouldn't start having a relationship with my adoptive sister.

wvstolzing
08-28-2014, 11:13 PM
I find the Elise/Arno relationship extremely disturbing as they grew up together as brother and sister. I know it's not proper incest, but if I got adopted by a family I wouldn't start having a relationship with my adoptive sister.

Arno was most likely nothing more than a 'kid under protection' for Elise's father, not really an 'adoptive son', propertly speaking. That is, he paid for his expenses, gave him a place to stay, etc., but didn't treat him as a son.

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Arno was most likely nothing more than a 'kid under protection' for Elise's father, not really an 'adoptive son', propertly speaking. That is, he paid for his expenses, gave him a place to stay, etc., but didn't treat him as a son.

Still, they grew up together like brother and sister, it's still very weird.

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Still, they grew up together like brother and sister, it's still very weird.

Not really. They likely didn't see each other as siblings, but rather friends. It's not legally wrong either. You're only put off because of the title of "adoptive brother".

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2014, 11:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTXGL0xPyLA

The_Kiwi_
08-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Not really. They likely didn't see each other as siblings, but rather friends. It's not legally wrong either. You're only put off because of the title of "adoptive brother".

This is all just speculation at the moment, all we know for sure is that Arno lived with Elise as a child as her father took him in. We won't know anything else, like if they enjoyed each other's company, if the father treated Arno like a son etc until the game comes out, but from what we do know, I think it's weird that Ubisoft are giving them a romantic relationship after they spent their childhood as bro/sis.

Remember what the OP said, no arguing.

aL_____eX
08-28-2014, 11:50 PM
If she's 'the one', you most likely would.

pacmanate
08-28-2014, 11:55 PM
I get both sides.

They did grow up as brother and sister... but at the same time they arent related at all.

But at the same time, if I grew up as an adopted child with a sister, I wouldnt because it was like family.

Then again, Elise is hot as hell, so I probably would.

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't see the issue, I like inc-I mean relationship Stories...

;)

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 12:20 AM
This is all just speculation at the moment, all we know for sure is that Arno lived with Elise as a child as her father took him in. We won't know anything else, like if they enjoyed each other's company, if the father treated Arno like a son etc until the game comes out, but from what we do know, I think it's weird that Ubisoft are giving them a romantic relationship after they spent their childhood as bro/sis.

Remember what the OP said, no arguing.

http://disruptingdinnerparties.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tumblr_lzvydg1wgd1r5jtugo1_250.gif

Just joking. I won't argue anymore. :)

Xstantin
08-29-2014, 12:29 AM
I think one of Game Informer articles actually states they don't have brother-sister relationship though.

SixKeys
08-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Goddammit, spoiler tags for Unity, guys. I had managed to avoid the spoilers about Arno and Elise thus far.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 12:31 AM
Confession: I totally want to be in Arno's position in terms of
relationship with Elise. And I'm okay with them being a couple (or whatever they are in the end), because there's nothing wrong about it.

@SixKeys: Oops, sorry.

wvstolzing
08-29-2014, 12:31 AM
I think one of Game Informer articles actually states they don't have brother-sister relationship though.

Arno can't be more than 'the kid my father feeds, clothes, and shelters' for Elise; they almost certainly won't be 'growing up as brother and sister'.

The_Kiwi_
08-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Goddammit, spoiler tags for Unity, guys. I had managed to avoid the spoilers about Arno and Elise thus far.

My sincerest apologies, I had assumed it was common knowledge.

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:37 AM
I don’t mean to argue with anyone but I don’t see how it’s "gross” to have a relationship with someone you were raised with. I mean in most middle eastern countries, people marry their cousins whether they’re Christians or Muslims, so I don’t see how two people who just grew up together are looked down upon for loving one another. I mean there was a story a few weeks ago about a married man and a woman who were married for years and suddenly discovered that they’re brother and sister but then they refused to get divorced and they said we’re in love and nothing’s gonna change that.

So I guess even though it could be the opposite case here, it’s still alright if that’s what your heart wants.

The_Kiwi_
08-29-2014, 12:44 AM
So I guess even though it could be the opposite case here, it’s still alright if that’s what your heart wants.

I know it isn't proper incest, but I think that if Ubisoft wanted Arno to get with Elise, they shouldn't have scripted that they were adoptive brother/sister. In that same sense, if they wanted them to be bro/sis, they shouldn't have scripted a romantic relationship.

I do agree with you, it's not illegal or anything, but it puts me off. I miss Maria and Altaïr...

Also, another confession:
I HATE it when I see comments about Arno and Elise where people say "OMG UBISOFT HOW DARE YOU, YOU CAN'T MAKE A TEMPLAR/ASSASSIN RELATIONSHIP".
Really guys? You call yourself AC fans yet don't know about Maria/Altaïr? They were doing forbidden love before it was cool.

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 12:48 AM
I know it isn't proper incest, but I think that if Ubisoft wanted Arno to get with Elise, they shouldn't have scripted that they were adoptive brother/sister. In that same sense, if they wanted them to be bro/sis, they shouldn't have scripted a romantic relationship.
We don't know the whole story yet. Maybe they were just raised together for a short time and then didn't see each other for years.

I missed the point: What I want to say is, we don't know if there really is a brother/sister relationship between them, or if they're just called brother and sister because of their shared past.

SixKeys
08-29-2014, 12:49 AM
I don’t mean to argue with anyone but I don’t see how it’s "gross” to have a relationship with someone you were raised with. I mean in most middle eastern countries, people marry their cousins whether they’re Christians or Muslims, so I don’t see how two people who just grew up together are looked down upon for loving one another. I mean there was a story a few weeks ago about a married man and a woman who were married for years and suddenly discovered that they’re brother and sister but then they refused to get divorced and they said we’re in love and nothing’s gonna change that.

It's fine as long as they don't have kids. Incestual relationships can have some very unfortunate genetic side effects on offspring. Considering that AC's whole premise hinges upon its main heroes always having kids, it's a bit problematic, to say the least.

Cousins are different from siblings anyway. I read a study once that said siblings generally don't develop romantic or sexual feelings for one another if they grew up together up to a certain age. It's the same reason why parents and kids generally don't develop romantic feelings for each other either. Cousins generally aren't around each other 24/7.

Edit: Okay, from what I'm reading it seems Arno and Elise aren't blood relatives, so I guess my incest point is moot.

JustPlainQuirky
08-29-2014, 12:50 AM

Because dern society and its social expectations, yo.

Ureh
08-29-2014, 12:52 AM
1. I bought my copy of AC3 as used. Someone was selling their limited edition for a decent price, so I couldn't resist!
2. The hood that I used for the AC2 live by the creed activity was actually a pillow case but I folded it to look like a beaked hood. :p
3. I like to troll the AC4 multiplayer every once in awhile, especially deathmatch sessions. x)
4. I was less than 2 meters from Gabriel Graziani but I was too bashful to talk to him. :o

That's about it for now.

The_Kiwi_
08-29-2014, 12:56 AM
It's official, my games store (EB Games) has now updated Unity with the new release date of 13/11/14. That means it releases 2 days after Rogue for me.

New confession:
Even though I prefer Rogue, I'm upset I won't get to play Unity first...

Also, ACR=Revelations, but now it also means Rogue, does that mean we'll have to abbreviate them to ACRe and ACRo now? D:

HiddenKiller612
08-29-2014, 12:58 AM
It's official, my games store (EB Games) has now updated Unity with the new release date of 13/11/14. That means it releases 2 days after Rogue for me.

New confession:
Even though I prefer Rogue, I'm upset I won't get to play Unity first...
so wait and play Unity first :rolleyes:

aL_____eX
08-29-2014, 01:02 AM
Rogue's official release date in Europe has also been updated to Nov 13. In NA it's Nov 11. So both games are released the same day, Nov 11 in NA and Nov 13 in EMEA.

The_Kiwi_
08-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Rogue's official release date in Europe has also been updated to Nov 13. In NA it's Nov 11. So both games are released the same day, Nov 11 in NA and Nov 13 in EMEA.

It has indeed, if that's just to accommodate for the Unity change, I think that's a little sad...

SlyTrooper
08-29-2014, 02:15 AM
It has indeed, if that's just to accommodate for the Unity change, I think that's a little sad...

That is exactly why. I think it's because of the Unity spoiler at the end of Rogue. It's better to have them come out the same day rather than make Rogue come out later than Unity for no reason or have it released before Unity.