PDA

View Full Version : No Other Account Saves? AC4: Black Flag

Soporific
08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
I played AC4: Black Flag for about 250 hours in the first few weeks it came out. Then after a while the game would just get stuck on "synchronizing". After putting the game down I get another computer and reinstall, thinking my game saves were in the cloud or on Steam, My Documents, even the Steam folder. As I'm sure everyone is aware, Ubisoft's cloud sucked and there seems to be nothing.

Is there no way to install a game save at 65% or whatever without it being from the same account? I couldn't care less about online points, etc., I just want to "finish" the game. I have achievements, which are worthless but no game progress and I don't want to repeat that time.

YazX_
08-26-2014, 11:36 PM
sorry to say it, saves are encrypted per account, so other saves wont work.

BridgetFisher
08-27-2014, 12:04 AM
COuld you suggest a DLC that unlocks all sequences for older games? For many of us we own many platforms over a ,lifetime or PC's and its useful being able to feel like even years later we can pick up where we left off.

YazX_
08-27-2014, 02:17 AM
COuld you suggest a DLC that unlocks all sequences for older games? For many of us we own many platforms over a ,lifetime or PC's and its useful being able to feel like even years later we can pick up where we left off.

there is no DLC that can unlock progress, same as in most games, you cannot repeat a mission without reaching it first, in this case you cannot do that with AC sequences, and unfortunately there is no cross-platform integration for Ubisoft games nor saves, i'm not sure if this is going to change in future, but its the case for now.

However, you can transfer saves from one PC to another as long as they fall under the same UPlay account(s) and ofcourse there is UPlay saves cloud (yah it doesnt support all games and sometimes it causes problems) , i'm not sure about consoles since i dont own any, but per my knowledge, consoles have their own saves clouds provided by MS/Sony, so saves are not an issue. i could be wrong about consoles though.