PDA

View Full Version : Throwing knife mechanic improvements

D3f4ltg4ming
08-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I believe there may already be a thread for stuff like this but i am not sure. Throwing knives will almost definitely return in Unity and i mean in full, not like Black Flag where you could only carry one. I thought it could be a good idea to be able to use throwing while you're running. Obviously the accuracy would have to decrease the faster you run but it would be much cooler running at two guards and throwing knives at them instead of stopping and killing them one at a time. Any thoughts?

Matt.mc
08-26-2014, 09:15 AM
I have thoughts!
I would like/hope they took..."inspiration" from the Arkham games with the way you use the batarangs. Free aim or you can tap the button to quick fire, even when running.

Fatal-Feit
08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Throwing knives were replaced with the Phantom Blade, I think.

pacmanate
08-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Throwing knives were replaced with the Phantom Blade, I think.
wut

Fatal-Feit
08-26-2014, 12:35 PM
wut

We haven't seen any throwing knives, and their icons weren't shown when Arno was shifting through the tools during the Gamescom demo. Also, the Phantom Blade functions almost the same, except more balanced and realistic looking. I believe it's going to be like how Connor's bow replaced it.

aL_____eX
08-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm okay with the knives being replaced by the new Phantom Blade. The functions are the same, but the blade doesn't look so stupid. I didn't like the knives at all, especially in Revelations where Ezio looked like he was playing some fancy frisbee when throwing a knife.

GoldenBoy9999
08-26-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't think they would have both the Phantom Blade and the knives in one game. I like the Phantom Blade better though just because it seems like a cool mini crossbow thing. I also like how you can free-aim it.

m4r-k7
08-26-2014, 05:21 PM
I really want throwing knives back! They are the assassin's traditional weapon. They should really bring them back with the arkham batarang approach where you can run and chuck them. Imagine how awesome it would be. The phantom blade is just a glorified dart blower which is annoying me. Throwing knives is the one weapon you would think an assassin would have (after the hidden blade)
They were so awesome and handy in ac 1 as you didn't have any glorified weaponry. The bow and arrow and throwing knives are my favourite ranged weapons.

Ureh
08-26-2014, 07:51 PM
That would be kinda awesome if the phantom blade could take down multiple guards in one shot like Connor's bow. Did they already confirm that?

Hans684
08-26-2014, 08:00 PM
I like the Phantom Blade more, it's the most subtle and stealthy way of carrying multiple throwing knives. Same reason I like the Hidden Blade, it's a subtle way of carrying a knife. Both is hidden versions of it's clumsy original.

LoyalACFan
08-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Throwing knives were meh. They always looked so stupid when you threw them. As others have said, the Phantom Blade is essentially a more balanced version of the same thing, and it's already been confirmed that it has free-aim.