PDA

View Full Version : GI: Watch The Largest Crowd Assembled In Assassin's Creed Unity

Sushiglutton
08-25-2014, 09:53 PM
GI Joe time again: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/25/watch-the-largest-crowd-assembled-in-assassins-creed-unity.aspx

"While visiting Ubisoft Montreal for our September cover story on Assassin's Creed Unity and Rogue, we spoke with A.I. lead Aleissia Laidacker and cinematic director Jesse Sweet about the new development team within Unity's production that's focused on building out the massive crowds."

It's a very cool, unique feature that has never really been done before me thinks. Let's just hope Yves gives them enough time to polish. The crowds do seem a little buggy at times. That said even if it won't be perfect it's still exciting :)!

Fatal-Feit
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Every time I see gameplay, the crowds are glitchy and unpolished.

souNdwAve89
08-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Every time I see gameplay, the crowds are glitchy and unpolished.

Possibly an old build of the game. I remember some people were talking about the differences between the E3 and Gamescom demo too.

pacmanate
08-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Crowds are aliens. The pop in and morph the hell out. That said.. old code as the Mr Shade will say.

RafaelAuditore.
08-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Possibly an old build of the game. I remember some people were talking about the differences between the E3 and Gamescom demo too.

What differences?

Namikaze_17
08-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Gameinformer videos never work for me... :(

And I agree, the Crowds do seem glitchy and over the place sometimes. Hopefully it's not like "**** this ****" cringe worthy like how AC3 glitches were.
:rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Seeing as they are boasting about dedicated crowd team and a stupid amount of NPC's, it best be well optimized with none of this crowd morph/pop in stuff.

Raibuscus
08-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Looks fine, I don't know why you guys don't like it :/

Fatal-Feit
08-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Look closer. The NPCs are a mess, and screws up a lot of gameplay showcases. Like the E3 demo where Arno battles 3 guards. One of the NPC's were in the middle of the fight moonwalking at the speed of light.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-25-2014, 11:25 PM
Thanks for posting.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 11:27 PM
2:45 in the video. Holy sh... That's a huge amount of NPCs on screen. I wonder how the performance will be in this particularly moment.

And I have to agree with Fatal, the crowd still looks very messy. I hope they sort things out in the final development stage.

Btw, what's wrong with gameinformer's media player, it says HD but that's definitely no HD. Too bad, the interview is interesting. #firstworldproblems

masterfenix2009
08-26-2014, 04:45 AM
I think you guys over analyze some things. I didn't see any problems with the crowds in this.

shobhit7777777
08-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Impressive...very impressive.

I wonder if guards are in dense crowds there visibility goes down....you can move through and out of crowds...stand in the open and lose your pursuers inside the crowds.

jeordievera
08-26-2014, 08:34 AM
2:45 in the video. Holy sh... That's a huge amount of NPCs on screen. I wonder how the performance will be in this particularly moment.

And I have to agree with Fatal, the crowd still looks very messy. I hope they sort things out in the final development stage.

Btw, what's wrong with gameinformer's media player, it says HD but that's definitely no HD. Too bad, the interview is interesting. #firstworldproblems
Yeah that huge crowd and them talking about claustrophobic people freaking out. That's going to be me, I hate crowds! :)

The crowd is glitchy to be honest but it's not really something that would bother me that much, I would just like them to smooth out the crowds motion when they are moving out of your way.

Matt.mc
08-26-2014, 09:08 AM
It bothers me that there isn't a gentle push button anymore, it needed now more than ever. It would have been alright if they made it automatic when Arno gets near a crowd.

Helforsite
08-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Lol, with their technique of loading just the people near you with Hi-Res animations, obviously you will have glitches like where one NPC was just frozen-.-
Anyway, it still has things that they could to better, like how since AC2 when a crowd is angry they just hold their hands in the air and make strange motions and the whole crowd does the exact same thing-.-