PDA

View Full Version : Why AC unity don't provide split screen co-op

roseflakes123
08-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Why AC unity don't provide split screen co-op? Can't they think of brothers in a family or some of the people enjoy and like to play with friends 2-4 players on one platform. Ubi provide co-op but not for split screen, they really thought every customer is the only son in the family? Or they're expecting every family has the ability and enough rich to buy the ps4 or xbox one as much as their sons since connect to network is the only way to play co-op. Seriously disappointed to their decision and only concern about how to make game fast and earn money. No offense and i'm sorry if my words hurt anyone.

Ureh
08-25-2014, 08:33 PM
If I recall correctly, the only reason they gave in an interview is that split-screen would've ruined the immersion and experience. The game is meant to be played full-screen, apparently.

I'm not saying it's a good reason or anything like that, but that's what I remember reading.

Fatal-Feit
08-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Personally, I think it's because of hardware limitations.

But their excuse is that it would hinder gameplay, which I agree to a degree.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 08:39 PM
Splitscreen makes sense in racing games for example, but not in AC. You have to have a view on the whole environment, even more in Co-op. And that's not given with Splitscreen. So, maybe it's an excuse, but it would definitely narrow the experience.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Split screen would have been great, but like Ureh said, it might really ruin the immersion..

Or it could be the hardware can't handle, so it could be both to a certain extent.

GunnerGalactico
08-25-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm not very keen about having split screen for AC. It will just ruin the whole gameplay experience. I would really hate to see the open world from an obscured view.

roseflakes123
08-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah, i agree with that, it might narrow the experience when if the screen become smaller, but there is joyful to play with friends in the house. So they can provide option to let players choose whether the players want to split screen or online if the development group really got the heart to do it. By the way how to add friend from outside to play together? Or the system will simply searching online players around like watch dog?

marvelfannumber
08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Splitscreen would have been the best thing, but I believe the main reason they aren't doing it is because of hardware.

I mean I still play Star Wars Battlefront on my PS2 with Splitscreen and the framerate drops to horrifying levels even on that, so I can imagine.....

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah, i agree with that, it might narrow the experience when if the screen become smaller, but there is joyful to play with friends in the house. So they can provide option to let players choose whether the players want to split screen or online if the development group really got the heart to do it. By the way how to add friend from outside to play together? Or the system will simply searching online players around like watch dog?
I think you'll just have the option to invite friends from your friends list to a session like in every AC MP before. In Watch_Dogs you can free roam with friends, so it's gonna be like that.

roseflakes123
08-25-2014, 09:05 PM
I think you'll just have the option to invite friends from your friends list to a session like in every AC MP before. In Watch_Dogs you can free roam with friends, so it's gonna be like that.
Thats mean can only play with friends in real life? Since unable to search for new friends in the network

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 09:07 PM
No, sure you can also play with random players. The problem is, playing missions with 3 people you don't know and you can't communicate with via headset (worst case) will be very difficult. Playing with friends is a lot easier.

marvelfannumber
08-25-2014, 09:11 PM
@Daniela425

What if I play with friends without headset? :rolleyes:

Will it be better or worse I wonder......

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
You so smart. :p Honestly, I don't know, it depends on your preferences and the peop... well, no I can't answer this with seriousness. :o

roseflakes123
08-25-2014, 09:19 PM
That's why... Because i am the only one owned a ps4 around my friends. Its sad...

marvelfannumber
08-25-2014, 09:19 PM
You so smart. :p Honestly, I don't know, it depends on your preferences and the people you play with I guess. Not sure about it though. :rolleyes:

Well judging by me and my friends playstyles it's gonna maybe go something like:

We sneak into the building, scouting the area to look for an opening, I go first and get spotted by a guard right away. I say "**** it" whilst my friend facepalms and kills the target stealthily while I get killed by the guards.

Fun times are coming.....

Sushiglutton
08-25-2014, 09:56 PM
If they could push a button and make it happen I'm sure they would. It's probably technically difficult in some way, dunno.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2014, 11:02 PM
the point in getting a second controller is almost gone. so many big fun co op games drop splitscreen

GoldenBoy9999
08-25-2014, 11:46 PM
I saw that interview and I don't believe the only reason split-screen isn't included is to not break the immersion. I mean, if you don't want to break immersion don't play split-screen. I wouldn't mind if he just stated that the hardware wasn't capable of it at the moment.

rickprog
08-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Who would the other player play as if you're using Arno in your game? The single player and multiplayer are pretty much the same thing, so there's only one character per game. If I had to explain it, I would say the modern day protagonist ("you") are playing via Helix, controlling Arno. There can't be another "you", or another Arno on the same Helix.

GoldenBoy9999
08-26-2014, 12:00 AM
"Everyone plays as Arno". Both players would play as Arno on their screen and if you don't screen cheat then you would never know. :rolleyes:

rickprog
08-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Whose Arno, though? There's no way the other player has an Arno on your single player campaign, and having play with the exact same character as you is both immersion breaking as it misses the point of co-op.

aL_____eX
08-26-2014, 02:55 AM
Whose Arno, though? There's no way the other player has an Arno on your single player campaign, and having play with the exact same character as you is both immersion breaking as it misses the point of co-op.
For you, other players look like the other Assassins from the co-op trailers. They see themselves as Arno (like you see yourself as Arno) on their own screen though.

rickprog
08-26-2014, 03:15 AM
I know, that's not what I meant. I was talking about the customization aspect. It would be impossible for the second player to customize his Arno, because there's only one on the single player campaign. Let me put it this way: It's one Arno per disc.

GoldenBoy9999
08-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Well they obviously aren't providing split-screen in this installment so if they want to include it next time they could just say, In co-op you can play as any member of the brotherhood you want. Maybe there could be pre-crafted characters with background stories so that way there would be less immersion breaking and the story would make sense.

rickprog
08-26-2014, 05:22 AM
That would make a lot more sense, since those would be different characters and the story could be developed in that particular way, but I suppose they really wanted to make the single player and multiplayer experience unite...

Seamlessly.

Ureh
08-26-2014, 05:34 AM
I know, that's not what I meant. I was talking about the customization aspect. It would be impossible for the second player to customize his Arno, because there's only one on the single player campaign. Let me put it this way: It's one Arno per disc.

What if it's like past AC games where we can create up to three save files? That might change things, I guess.

Ignacio_796
08-26-2014, 08:59 AM
I would pay por a split screen co-op mode. Dont care about the one Arno per disc or customization. The simple fact of playing with a friend is amazing

aL_____eX
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Ah okay, I see. I got you wrong then, sorry. :o

I also believe, that if it's possible with the current hardware, the next AC will feature split screen Co-op.

pacmanate
08-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't have a brother :(