PDA

View Full Version : Prop Pitch Mngm't ???

der_Skorpion
02-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Hello guys, I originally "Private Topic'd" this to PYE since he put up a really good explanation of PPM, but he has yet to answer since 2/16/04 (maybe he is busy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)so I would appreciate an answer from anyone who can help with this: Original POST:
First of all thanks for explaining the "PPM" so well. I am really trying to use the concept like you explained, but I'm not doing too good This is my usual start procedure.
1.PP 80%
2.Start engine, flaps, panel lights, lock tail wheel.
3. When ready to take off Keeping rpm's to 2500
I get left in the dust by my flight. I usual ly can't even start to catch up to them untill they reach a cruising altitude to the target. I have the concept pretty good as far as combat itself goes, but just catching up to my flight takes forever unless we are flying around our airfield. Even if I cut inside their turning radius I get left behind when they go to level flight. You mentioned in your post about PPM to keep RPM's at 2500 the best you can. When I put my aircraft on autopilot it consistently throttles up to 3000 RPM's. And stays their for pretty much the whole flight. Can I use the 3000 RPM also, because that would really help me to catch up like I mentioned before. I would send you a screen shot showing you this, but can't figure out how to retrieve it out of the folder I look forwards to your response. I am flying the bf-109 also. "Is their anything else to fly???" Would appreciate your input.
der_Skorpion RogerP =0)

der_Skorpion
02-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Hello guys, I originally "Private Topic'd" this to PYE since he put up a really good explanation of PPM, but he has yet to answer since 2/16/04 (maybe he is busy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)so I would appreciate an answer from anyone who can help with this: Original POST:
First of all thanks for explaining the "PPM" so well. I am really trying to use the concept like you explained, but I'm not doing too good This is my usual start procedure.
1.PP 80%
2.Start engine, flaps, panel lights, lock tail wheel.
3. When ready to take off Keeping rpm's to 2500
I get left in the dust by my flight. I usual ly can't even start to catch up to them untill they reach a cruising altitude to the target. I have the concept pretty good as far as combat itself goes, but just catching up to my flight takes forever unless we are flying around our airfield. Even if I cut inside their turning radius I get left behind when they go to level flight. You mentioned in your post about PPM to keep RPM's at 2500 the best you can. When I put my aircraft on autopilot it consistently throttles up to 3000 RPM's. And stays their for pretty much the whole flight. Can I use the 3000 RPM also, because that would really help me to catch up like I mentioned before. I would send you a screen shot showing you this, but can't figure out how to retrieve it out of the folder I look forwards to your response. I am flying the bf-109 also. "Is their anything else to fly???" Would appreciate your input.
der_Skorpion RogerP =0)

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 08:44 AM
2500 rpm is not the rule. Set rpm according to the manual, as each plane is different.

Also, you can go to higher rpms for short periods.

Practice, you'll get it.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

der_Skorpion
02-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Baldie, What is the rule and where do you get these correct RPM guides? TY for the comment

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 09:07 AM
On the second CD there is a pdf with information on each plane and its preferred settings.

In order to keep up with others on take-off, don't wait too long after the plane in front of you starts moving. As soon as you get your take-off roll straight, let the plane do what it wants. The common mistake is to try to get airborne at a certain speed. Don't do it. Let the plane decide when it wants to come up, and then keep her nose slightly above level, letting the flaps create the lift (which keeps speed up). Watch the plane in front of you: it will dive a bit when it raises flaps. If you use the F and V keys for flaps, try to raise yours when you come to the place where the AI raised his. If you have flaps on a slider, just ease them up slowly.

You want to be really gentle on the stick during take-off so that you don't bleed off speed. With practice, you'll out-climb the AI on take-off.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>