PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag is Abandonware?

BridgetFisher
08-25-2014, 05:08 PM
I noticed that all future Community Challenges are cancelled and there is no listing for more. Did Black Flag get all support dropped due to how poorly it did in sales?

Id like more community events or ongoing challenges.

delimontana
08-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Poorly in sales? Black Flag has shipped around 10 million copies in retail and probably another million or two in digital downloads.

My guess would be they are switching focus either to this holidays release of Unity or some other game in developement for future release!

BridgetFisher
08-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Your reply has nothing to do with me asking about community challenges.

Your in Sweden so maybe you didnt know but Ubisoft gave away hundreds of thousands of copies of AC4 with video cards and other promotions at least here in the western world. It would make sense that since they lost too much money on this game like you said they had to move on to other projects leaving Black Flag as abandonware.

Anykeyer
08-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Ha. It happens every year. Has nothing to do with sales (and I believe they made a lot of money), just their usual annual release cycle. They simply dont want you to keep playing AC4 and divert your attention from new releases.

skebod
08-27-2014, 11:36 PM
To op the answere is Nope.
And remember there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people XD

Milarwen
08-28-2014, 03:41 AM
I noticed that all future Community Challenges are cancelled and there is no listing for more. Did Black Flag get all support dropped due to how poorly it did in sales?

Id like more community events or ongoing challenges.

More likely that it sold so good they jumped on the next two projects to feed hungry customers. Unity and Rogue is released very soon.

King_of_Ricers
08-29-2014, 03:02 PM
By the looks of it, yes.