PDA

View Full Version : Game screenshots/images/artworks disscusion

trancedellic
08-25-2014, 03:45 PM
I will start by asking if this town design/graphics is final.
It looks fine but some things are looking odd.
http://i.imgur.com/UxLUQcn.jpg

logical.dust
08-25-2014, 04:11 PM
There have been much more 'monumentaility' in H5 town screens. If they polish the 2d animations of background it could be quite good. I personally didnt liked H6 castle screen - those birds at the edge have been so unnatural. On this one shadow casting seems to be little strange.

trancedellic
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
I like where the art style is going.

In that screen the shadows are weird, the right bridge too and also it's too small if you compare it to other objects. The left wall is strange looking too.

I do hope this is an alpha version of the game and the town screens will be greatly improved.

logical.dust
08-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes also the overall perspective seems to be off. But since I am not the artist, I definetly would not have done it better :D. I like the colors and fairytale look. Mountains in background are nice also the grass in the foreground. If the grass is animated and there were some layered environmental effects, it could look very good.

trancedellic
08-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes also the overall perspective seems to be off.

This. :) I saw many people complaining by this.
They have a lot of work to do.

logical.dust
08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
The buildings should also blend better to the environment, they look like they were just put there randomly. Also the waterfall in the video is animated, but rest of the water is not, which also looks strange. I dont mind if I can not rotate town screen in 3D, but this one view should be made more 'live'. For example the shadows cast by clouds should move, sun should cast rays, perhaps day/night switch or occasional rain / snow would be nice. Overall it should look like live city not as static image. I would involve people who made rayman legends, those people seem to know how to make 2d animations look great.