PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft You're advertising Free 2 play But it isnt

MIGHTY318809
08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Explain to me how you plan on a work around to microsofts bullcrap.You are advertising free to play like the pc version but it isnt only solo is free.Solo is also crap its just a tease to the game.We all know the rewards are in Pvping online.Which most people cant or wont pay another 60 dollars a year to microsoft when they already have internet.I refuse to pay for a gold account and i want to know if anything will change.I am mortallustdemon in game but i dont play online because i dont have Xbox Gold account.Wont in near future either.

InsaneFirebat
08-26-2014, 04:03 PM
only solo is free
Solo is still playing. You sound like you've been ripped off, which is odd because you just claimed you have never and will never spend money here. You're still getting all of the same core gameplay in solo. All of the same core units, pilots, items and mechs are available to free players just as they are to paying players. Even the drop chances are the same between solo and multiplayer. (Becoming Silver VIP in-game increases this, among other things)

Even if you're still not satisfied, you still got to try out this game without paying a dime to the companies providing it. It's a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Th3Tater
08-26-2014, 04:31 PM
*Disclaimer: You must also buy a 360 console, controller, and a TV of some sort to play it on. Not to mention Rent. Electricity. :p

SpliffsIsDead
08-26-2014, 09:40 PM
We at least go the 500 free gems. I played the PC version the other day and didn't get that. So we actually get more the the f2p PC.

MIGHTY318809
08-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I beta tested the pc version so i know the game very well.I also spent money on the pc version.That being said if this is in beta still access to online should be avaiible for testing at least.To say something is free to play means it is free to play with options of buying certain upgrades etc for ingame.

Also i got tons of free gems in Pc version.I dont know what your talking about.

My main concern is the microsoft/xbox live crap.This would be the first true free to play game if they made a workaround for not having to spend more money dishing out to gold accounts.I already pay 30 dollars just for internet.I dont want to dish out 10 a month on a gold account.Besides this question was directed towards Ubisoft.

Insomniac311
08-28-2014, 02:54 AM
I beta tested the pc version so i know the game very well.I also spent money on the pc version.That being said if this is in beta still access to online should be avaiible for testing at least.To say something is free to play means it is free to play with options of buying certain upgrades etc for ingame.

Also i got tons of free gems in Pc version.I dont know what your talking about.

My main concern is the microsoft/xbox live crap.This would be the first true free to play game if they made a workaround for not having to spend more money dishing out to gold accounts.I already pay 30 dollars just for internet.I dont want to dish out 10 a month on a gold account.Besides this question was directed towards Ubisoft.

It's Microsoft. It's their console and they control xbox live. They dictate the terms. There's no chance for a work around.

Good news is that CarbonGames has been constantly improving the AI lately and hopefully when Arena gets patched those changes will be in there. Once they are I'm sure you'll enjoy playing against the AI on Ruthless setting (or 1v3 AI even).

Can I ask why you are so interested in the xbox version since you've spent money on the pc version already?

MIGHTY318809
08-29-2014, 08:26 AM
It's Microsoft. It's their console and they control xbox live. They dictate the terms. There's no chance for a work around.

Good news is that CarbonGames has been constantly improving the AI lately and hopefully when Arena gets patched those changes will be in there. Once they are I'm sure you'll enjoy playing against the AI on Ruthless setting (or 1v3 AI even).

Can I ask why you are so interested in the xbox version since you've spent money on the pc version already?

I have arthritis so a controller is a big step up.
At the time of this post i was having issues but they have been resolved and i can play ranked games now.Thanks for the fix.Although connection issues are getting really bad.

sasrocks69
09-04-2014, 01:11 AM
duno waht prob he has the game is free you not Need xboxlive for this silver acc is enow

REDRUN.
09-04-2014, 04:51 PM
I have arthritis so a controller is a big step up.
At the time of this post i was having issues but they have been resolved and i can play ranked games now.Thanks for the fix.Although connection issues are getting really bad.
Did you know you could plug in your Xbox Controller into the PC and play AirMech like it is on the console. The control schemes is identical to AirMech Arena on the 360. This was possible since day one of the PC beta.
I would welcome you to the Xbox community, but I figure you'd be too busy stomping Smurfs :)