PDA

View Full Version : Why was Desmond left at the precursor site? Haven't found any answers

Liquid_Sun1
08-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Ok, I'm replaying AC IV again and as I get to the first Subject 17 video that starts explaining what happened to Desmond after AC 3, I'm like wait a minute! So Abstergo says they were able to recover Desmond's body but why the heck did Desmond's dad, Shaun and Rebecca just take off from the precursor site and leave Desmond there? It doesn't make any sense at all, unless I missed something.

Anyone with any answers, please help me understand this better.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Desmond told them to do so because no one knew what would happen inside the vault.

Liquid_Sun1
08-24-2014, 10:43 PM
I do remember him telling them to get the heck out of there but still, you would think they would at least attempt to go back and see what happened or get Desmond. I mean the templars do eventually get there and recover his body.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Looks like Ubisoft decided to don't let them go back to recover his body so Abstergo has an easy time recovering all the data and info. Just for the plot, you know, the plot they never gave any appropriate ending. :rolleyes:

Ureh
08-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Yep, the Assassins (Will, Becca, Shaun) want to recover Desmond's body. But once again, Abstergo beats them to the punch. But they definitely aim to recover his body. I think it was mentioned in Initiates, they owe it to Desmond.

I guess another reason why they left in a hurry is cause they needed to gather all their equipment (the animus, computers, supplies, etc). And they weren't sure if it was safe to go back inside the vault (the Abstergo analysts were wearing hazard suits and who knows if they were still affected by something despite wearing protection).

pacmanate
08-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Cause they didnt know what was going to happen, there could have been a massive xplozion or something. Abstergo could have got to the precursor site whilst Shaun and Co were still driving away

Fatal-Feit
08-24-2014, 10:54 PM
I do remember him telling them to get the heck out of there but still, you would think they would at least attempt to go back and see what happened or get Desmond. I mean the templars do eventually get there and recover his body.

They had to escape or else the Templars will catch them as well.

hood3dassassin5
08-24-2014, 10:56 PM
There's only one thing that confuses me. What ever happened to the apple of eden? If Abstergo had it, it would've been in evidence, and we know the Assassins don't have it. So where is it?

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 10:58 PM
There's only one thing that confuses me. What ever happened to the apple of eden? If Abstergo had it, it would've been in evidence, and we know the Assassins don't have it. So where is it?
It went missing in one of the writers' minds. Mhmhmhmh... :confused:

Liquid_Sun1
08-24-2014, 11:00 PM

This is seriously another thing that confuses me. Who the heck has the apple? If the assassins do have it, it's never been mentioned and has just kind of gone under the radar.

Shahkulu101
08-24-2014, 11:03 PM
bc desmond suks

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 11:05 PM
bc desmond suks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfrNmiRjc8

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfrNmiRjc8

That isn't funny for me. It just makes me want to cry.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Wasn't meant to be funny. I really really love TWD and I liked Desmond, but this video could be used for being funny because of the acting.

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Wasn't meant to be funny. I really really love TWD and I liked Desmond, but this video could be used for being funny because of the acting.

Don't you ever criticise Rick!!! :)

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Don't you ever criticise Rick!!! :)
One of the best ever characters in a series I've watched. :) But that's a whole different story... so back to Desmond and why the Assassins didn't recover his body.

pacmanate
08-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Good question.. where is thy apple?!

I-Like-Pie45
08-25-2014, 12:11 AM
Chilling with the sun and your son.

Ureh
08-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Also that sphere in the pedestal was "missing". I guess the shards on the ground belonged to it, maybe?

This is probably old news but it looks like Desmond's body moved?
Notice where he's standing when he touches the sphere. Then where his body is when Juno says "Now it's time that I played mine." Then it moves back to the correct position in the Abstergo vid.
Original position: http://youtu.be/4hLLDdVgfD0?t=14m13s
Moved: http://youtu.be/4hLLDdVgfD0?t=15m27s
Abstergo vid: http://youtu.be/nSau4IKNDR0?t=16s

MAsON9656
08-25-2014, 12:35 AM
i am pretty sure in three that when desmond released juno the she took the apple with her to where ever she may be which will obviously be shown in unity :cool:

hood3dassassin5
08-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Chilling with the sun and your son.
Oh yeah, forgot about that one, lol that one doesn't make sense

souNdwAve89
08-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about that one, lol that one doesn't make sense

It wasn't supposed to. I believe it was Darby that stated that it was just one of Clay's nonsense ramblings, but some fans didn't think so.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Iíve wondered about that as well. I mean why didnít they just go back, retrieve him, give him a proper burial at least and at the same time, prevent Abstergo from using his genetics any further.

CoachAssassin
08-25-2014, 04:08 PM
The sun seems pretty obvious, the sun was about to burn ze earthz, so that one is explained. As to the whole ''your son'' thing, it might have been a hint towards William Miles but that IDK for sure.

As for the OP's question it's pretty simple, whatever happened when Desmond touched that thing caused something that reversed the magnetic field of the earth, I'm pretty sure the templars having that location under watch would notice it and go there almost immediately. Rebecca, Shaun and Miles sr. all knew there was no way in hell they could return there without compromising themselves or the brotherhood, so they had to leave Desmond behind. I believe that they will recover his body eventually though, or at least try like said in Initiates; they owe to him.

I'm pretty sure this whole ''eve'' thing is going to be one of those small mysteries uncovered over time. We are building up the incoming female characters so I wouldn't be suprised if the one to finish off that part of the story is actually a female character; be it in history or present.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 04:10 PM
As for the OP's question it's pretty simple, whatever happened when Desmond touched that thing caused something that reversed the magnetic field of the earth, I'm pretty sure the templars having that location under watch would notice it and go there almost immediately. Rebecca, Shaun and Miles sr. all knew there was no way in hell they could return there without compromising themselves or the brotherhood, so they had to leave Desmond behind. I believe that they will recover his body eventually though, or at least try like said in Initiates; they owe to him.

I'm pretty sure this whole ''eve'' thing is going to be one of those small mysteries uncovered over time. We are building up the incoming female characters so I wouldn't be suprised if the one to finish off that part of the story is actually a female character; be it in history or present.
I have a feeling, that we (the new modern day protagonist) are about to recover Desmond's body somehow. I don't know how it develops yet, but that's what I think is going to happen.

Anyway, nice explanation on why they didn't come back. Makes sense. :)

CoachAssassin
08-25-2014, 04:16 PM
I have a feeling, that we (the new modern day protagonist) are about to recover Desmond's body somehow. I don't know how it develops yet, but that's what I think is going to happen.

Anyway, nice explanation on why they didn't come back. Makes sense. :)

Thanks, and I somehow doubt that though, didn't they say they wanted to make a fresh start so no old assassins would make cameos in the story? That would mean MD as well I assume, maybe as side content but certainly not a plot twist. I think we can banish Desmond to Initiates content :(

However, they always have the shroud of eden to try and revive him for their 10th anniversary *cough cough* ;p.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Well, that some wild guess, but maybe we discover his body and yet don't know him. So it would be the same experience for new players and old AC 'freaks'. We just get to find someone called Desmond Miles in the game, someone who died and bla bla but there is no real connection to the player in the end.

Yeaaaaah... I'm not able to explain it properly. :rolleyes: