PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep up with the series.

Daredevil_Diver
08-23-2014, 08:21 PM
As someone who is largely happy with the quality of the series overall, I have to say despite the tightly scheduled releases (cough cough *yearly*,) the series is full of great offerings. But I'm wondering, is it too much? I haven't considered even picking up Liberation's PS3 re-release and just began on Black Flag.

I'd like to follow the series as closely and passionately as i follow others, like Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Borderlands, and Grand Theft Auto (to name a few). These series and Assassins Creed are top notch offerings. All of which drew loyal fan bases despite constant exposure.

Assassins Creed can survive a hiatus of the same sort. Maybe after Unity and Rogue release, give us slowpokes a little time to catch up.

JustPlainQuirky
08-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Oh pls.

I just got into the franchise a couple months ago and I already beat all the main games (with exception of freedom cry) and am highly anticipating the next ones.

It's super easy to catch up.

could be cuz I have no life but...

Megas_Doux
08-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Cant say I blame you.......

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 08:45 PM
You can skip Liberation if you're on a tight schedule. You won't miss much.

JustPlainQuirky
08-23-2014, 08:47 PM
modern day isnt even really relevant anymore.

you could skip black flag even.

wvstolzing
08-23-2014, 08:49 PM
In any case, there's no competition to beat all of them before a deadline.

You can take your time.

Xstantin
08-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Looks like a veiled complaint about yearly releases :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 08:53 PM

The meat and bone of the series are the ancestors' parts, not modern day. :p

Aphex_Tim
08-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Oh pls.

I just got into the franchise a couple months ago and I already beat all the main games (with exception of freedom cry) and am highly anticipating the next ones.

Not everyone has that much time on their hands. If it already takes me over two weeks to finish The Last Of Us while playing it every day, (something I usually don't even do), I can easily see myself getting overwhelmed with the massive amount of AC games available right now. I haven't played Liberation yet, I'm anticipating Unity, which I'm sure will keep me busy for quite a while, and then there's also Rogue. I'm afraid by the time the next AC is gonna be released next year, I won't even be fully be up to date yet.

JustPlainQuirky
08-23-2014, 08:54 PM
hence why I emphasized it might be cuz I have no life :p

at least until summer ends

Ureh
08-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah I think I know what you mean, I started falling behind after ACB. Since ACR, I've been playing all the releases about 6-8 months after launch. I don't play many other games otherwise I'd probably never be able to catch up.

SlyTrooper
08-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Oh pls.

Wait... you only started AC a few months ago? NOOB!!!!!

Just kidding :)

I don't understand how you can fall behind. I've completed all of them except AC1 to 100%. And I started working on 100% for AC1 today.

By the way, has anyone 100% completed AC1? It's so boring. I'm really glad that ACB started the trend of showing collectables on the map. I thought AC2's feathers were bad, but the flags in AC1... Let's just put it this way, I've collected over 80 flags today & I want to die. At least when I've got Richard's flags it will be easier. Cities are easier to navigate & I can remember when I've been somewhere due to the buildings. :)

souNdwAve89
08-23-2014, 10:15 PM
I never had a problem because I rarely play multiple games at once. The only time I buy a game day 1 is something that I REALLY want to play ASAP. Other games, I tend to wait after I finish a current game or purchase it during a price drop/sale.

SixKeys
08-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't understand how you can fall behind. I've completed all of them except AC1 to 100%. And I started working on 100% for AC1 today.

By the way, has anyone 100% completed AC1? It's so boring. I'm really glad that ACB started the trend of showing collectables on the map. I thought AC2's feathers were bad, but the flags in AC1... Let's just put it this way, I've collected over 80 flags today & I want to die. At least when I've got Richard's flags it will be easier. Cities are easier to navigate & I can remember when I've been somewhere due to the buildings. :)

I tried to 100% AC1 a while back. Printed out maps of all the flags and Templar knight locations in each district of each city and combed through them meticulously. Gave up when after scouring through Jerusalem with a map and all, I still ended up with 99/100 flags.

To the OP: I don't blame you, especially now that they seem to have stopped numbering the games. It looks like from now on they'll all have a subtitle like Unity or Rogue. OTOH, modern day is becoming more and more meaningless, so maybe it won't matter so much anymore if you skip one or two titles.

wvstolzing
08-23-2014, 10:36 PM
I remember Patrice Désilets saying something to the effect that the flags in AC1 were meant to troll players, essentially. (I hope I haven't just made this up.)

I was personally annoyed that the Saracen flag was that of the Turkish Republic. Not to mention that the guards in Jerusalem spoke Turkish*. Makes no sense whatsoever.

(To make it worse, it was awfully scripted, and even worse 'voice-acted'.)

SixKeys
08-23-2014, 11:04 PM
I remember Patrice Désilets saying something to the effect that the flags in AC1 were meant to troll players, essentially. (I hope I haven't just made this up.)

I was personally annoyed that the Saracen flag was that of the Turkish Republic. Not to mention that the guards in Jerusalem spoke Turkish*. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Yep, you're right about the flags.

I can't speak for the Turkish, but the German soldiers weren't played by real German voice actors (they did a pretty good job anyway IMO). Maybe that goes for the Turkish soldiers too.

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 12:18 AM

That's a d*ck move to put them in just to troll us. My current stress & boredom exists because of that trolling. When it's done I will be very happy.

Landruner
08-24-2014, 04:29 AM
Oh pls.

With all my respect and without to offend you (Because it is not my intention Mayrice) - The OP concerns and your response are the problem that slit the fans of that franchise apart -
Some of the old AC fans are getting a bit tired of the fake promises and old other issues that are far of being resolves and we feel tired of that casual repetitiveness whereas new comers in that franchise feel differently than most old ones do .

I wish I could rediscover that franchise as a new comer like some of you do, but I have been there stuck at playing those AC games for so long (AC1 beta in late 2006) that I am expecting perhaps more than they actually are.
I am an old AC Fan (I believe I am a Fan, I am indeed but I get a social life too) and I just get upset and tired regarding the new Ubisoft practices toward that franchise and I do not like the fact that they turn over a game after its release in anticipating for the next one.

(Style: Sorry we (Oh sublimate Ubisoft) screwed up and you (customers) wasted your money , we kown (we have some tears for you misery - Lol!), but trust us, the next AC should be mintybetter, sorry again (hihihihi)) - Oh.! Oh!....Oh by the way, the next AC is coming out soon and it is going to blow your mind (Just Check our fake trailer from E3....) and please dear customers & fan idiots you are , don't forget to pre-order it, signed Ubisoft), and they serve us always those crappy excuses after each game release thinking we are brainless idiots.

Am I wrong or right in writing this? I do not know? I just want Ubisoft to be successful in their perspective for that franchise and their game in general and that they offer me the best experience with an AC game I could ever get, but after being part of AC franchise and somewhat part of Ubisoft (back in the old days, at least my ex wife was....) and I have been putting a lot of money and "effort" into those games (which is finally my favorite franchise ever), l I do not want to be the slave of their incompetence and the total forgiver for Ubisoft for failing in giving me at least this (a total AC experience like it should - not an over rated one, but a simple one). Consequently I am not anticipating the one(s), I know that Rogue is going to be like AC4BF which I believe is okay for me (I can play an AC4BF part 2 ), but regarding ac/Unity and what I could read or hear so far, yes may be the all AC thing could have been in hiatus because I do not believe that Unity is going to be that great an experience.

Disclaimer: I am not a troll like most of the people including the moderator(s) of this forum this community may think, I just happen to love and encouraged and supported the old Ubisoft ways in the past (At least what Ubisoft used to be in the old days) and I can stand the way Ubisoft turned into in especially praising greed and laziness and taking their fans for incommensurable idiots like they recently do.
I really love the AC games as much as most of you on this forum do and despite the appearances that I probably and unfortunately give via my posts, I am glad to be part of this AC community.

Mayrice I read that you are an Artist writer, so am I indeed - I am Former canal plus artist (France/TV shows and Parodies) I am currently writing TV and movie scripts in the USA Now.

Jexx21
08-24-2014, 05:18 AM
modern day is still relevant and not meaningless

AC4 had the most meaningful modern day in the series

but you could probably skip games and not have to worry about the modern day story, they are trying to make it so that you don't have to be aware of the actual story to be able to jump into it, but the people who do know those things will be able to recognize what led up to what's going on now.

basically, it's like a TV series, where you could pretty much hop into it from any episode and start watching, but certain events will make more sense if you've been following it.

Hans684
08-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Access The Animus(site and YouTube), AC Wiki is two major sites I highly recommend to not get Lost in this series. One is a news and speculation site and the other is an archive. It's why I'm so "defensive"(a label given to me) regarding stuff like MD, think Charles Lee when looking for Zio. Haytham said he never stopped looking and followed any leads/hits/trace he got. That's my position regarding AC. I'm not lost at all, it might be cloudy a few times but I always get back on track. It's all about having connections, the more people you know the more you hear about what's going on around you. You could follow this series by just following Access The Animus and the AC Wiki, you wouldn't even need to buy the games anymore. It's that easy, at least from my experience(but I still be the games, comics etc...). I also recommend Kosappiuni(YouTube), he has a lot of deleted audio and such. All this should clear the air if you try.

susann_z
08-24-2014, 02:36 PM
I felt like this in between too. I started shortly before the release of ACIII and have only a few hours each week to play, if at all. So far I have finished only ACII, but since I got spoilered for the modern day story anyway, I just play ACB, ACIII and ACBF in parallel, the stories are disconnected enough. Sometimes ACI too, but can't say that I enjoy it much atm.
If you don't stress yourself about how fast you 'need' to finish a game the new releases don't matter so much.
Though I would not mind a longer pause to catch up, I can see that a lot of the fans who are already done want more. That Ubisoft releases pretty much two at once seems to be somewhat... ambitious. I hope the story does not suffer for it.

Fatal-Feit
08-24-2014, 02:47 PM
The stories have indefinitely gotten better than before. The only thing the concerns me are the gameplay.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty positive Unity will have the best story so far. Detailed and emotional like Ezio's arc and refreshing like Black Flag. I'm not so sure about Rogue, I really hope it's not a rushed cash grab in the end because the idea has a huge potential, let's hope they can deliver something big.

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2014, 03:01 PM
You definitely can. It usually takes me 3 days maximum to finish an AC game for the first time. You don’t need to collect the pointless collectibles like flags, feathers, fragments..etc. if you just wanna know the story. The Glyphs and Rifts of ACII and AC:B are important and 35 of the Animus Data Fragments of AC:R are important. Other than that, you can skip them. AC:L isn’t really that special, but play it for the sake of completing the series. Trust me, you’ll have enough time until the release of Unity and Rogue. You can keep yourself busy with those until then.

I might even start the franchise from ACI in a few moments. I wanna finish the whole saga, again for like the 4th time, before Unity and Rogue are released. So happy gaming!

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty positive Unity will have the best story so far. Detailed and emotional like Ezio's arc and refreshing like Black Flag. I'm not so sure about Rogue, I really hope it's not a rushed cash grab in the end because the idea has a huge potential, let's hope they can deliver something big.

Honestly, I'm just as hyped about Rogue as I am about Unity. I think that the reason why you guys feel so underwhelmed & I originally felt the same is simply because Unity is such a massive change to the franchise. Rogue offers small changes that should be impactful. They have mentioned small changes to the parkour, better mission objectives that allow for more freedom, & a larger world than we've had in any other AC. We also need to consider that there is no multiplayer, which shows it's a more focused experience. They could have just shoved it in there, but they didn't. And we don't really know much about it yet; we haven't even seen New York.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo hyped for Rogue, it just has a higher risk to not unfold its huge potential because Unity is the game with focus on this year. So my only guess is, if Rogue had an independent release like next year as ending part of the North America saga, the chance that it delivers more is way higher. But I still think/hope Rogue is going to be worth all the hype and I know I will be enjoying it like all the games before... With playing as a Templar a long time dreams finally comes true. Plus Haytham. And Icebergs. And reversed assassinations. :)

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo hyped for Rogue, it just has a higher risk to not unfold its huge potential because Unity is the game with focus on this year. So my only guess is, if Rogue had an independent release like next year as ending part of the North America saga, the chance that it delivers more is way higher. But I still think/hope Rogue is going to be worth all the hype and I know I will be enjoying it like all the games before... With playing as a Templar a long time dreams finally comes true. Plus Haytham. And Icebergs. And reversed assassinations. :)

If Rogue did come out next year with the game being more similar to Unity, it would cause issues since we've been in this time period too long & people want to move on to something else.

Daredevil_Diver
08-28-2014, 06:28 PM
modern day isnt even really relevant anymore.

I'm enjoying black flag, actually.

Daredevil_Diver
08-28-2014, 06:51 PM
With all my respect and without to offend you (Because it is not my intention Mayrice) - The OP concerns and your response are the problem that slit the fans of that franchise apart -
Some of the old AC fans are getting a bit tired of the fake promises and old other issues that are far of being resolves and we feel tired of that casual repetitiveness whereas new comers in that franchise feel differently than most old ones do .

I wish I could rediscover that franchise as a new comer like some of you do, but I have been there stuck at playing those AC games for so long (AC1 beta in late 2006) that I am expecting perhaps more than they actually are.
I am an old AC Fan (I believe I am a Fan, I am indeed but I get a social life too) and I just get upset and tired regarding the new Ubisoft practices toward that franchise and I do not like the fact that they turn over a game after its release in anticipating for the next one.

(Style: Sorry we (Oh sublimate Ubisoft) screwed up and you (customers) wasted your money , we kown (we have some tears for you misery - Lol!), but trust us, the next AC should be mintybetter, sorry again (hihihihi)) - Oh.! Oh!....Oh by the way, the next AC is coming out soon and it is going to blow your mind (Just Check our fake trailer from E3....) and please dear customers & fan idiots you are , don't forget to pre-order it, signed Ubisoft), and they serve us always those crappy excuses after each game release thinking we are brainless idiots.

Am I wrong or right in writing this? I do not know? I just want Ubisoft to be successful in their perspective for that franchise and their game in general and that they offer me the best experience with an AC game I could ever get, but after being part of AC franchise and somewhat part of Ubisoft (back in the old days, at least my ex wife was....) and I have been putting a lot of money and "effort" into those games (which is finally my favorite franchise ever), l I do not want to be the slave of their incompetence and the total forgiver for Ubisoft for failing in giving me at least this (a total AC experience like it should - not an over rated one, but a simple one). Consequently I am not anticipating the one(s), I know that Rogue is going to be like AC4BF which I believe is okay for me (I can play an AC4BF part 2 ), but regarding ac/Unity and what I could read or hear so far, yes may be the all AC thing could have been in hiatus because I do not believe that Unity is going to be that great an experience.

Disclaimer: I am not a troll like most of the people including the moderator(s) of this forum this community may think, I just happen to love and encouraged and supported the old Ubisoft ways in the past (At least what Ubisoft used to be in the old days) and I can stand the way Ubisoft turned into in especially praising greed and laziness and taking their fans for incommensurable idiots like they recently do.
I really love the AC games as much as most of you on this forum do and despite the appearances that I probably and unfortunately give via my posts, I am glad to be part of this AC community.

Mayrice I read that you are an Artist writer, so am I indeed - I am Former canal plus artist (France/TV shows and Parodies) I am currently writing TV and movie scripts in the USA Now.

Very well put, Landruner.