PDA

View Full Version : GameInformer: Assassinís Creedís Tech Master Leads Us Through The Seriesí History

Locopells
08-23-2014, 10:38 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/22/assassin-s-creed-s-tech-master-leads-us-through-the-series-history.aspx

Sesheenku
08-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Optimize? No offense meant but their optimization has never been very good... I'm a PC player and haven't had too much trouble but when I watch my little bro play AC2 or ACB I can see the fps is barely ever even 30 fps lol.

When AC3 came out though on high end PC's people had their rigs chugging in Boston in certain spots.

killzab
08-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Optimize? No offense meant but their optimization has never been very good... I'm a PC player and haven't had too much trouble but when I watch my little bro play AC2 or ACB I can see the fps is barely ever even 30 fps lol.

When AC3 came out though on high end PC's people had their rigs chugging in Boston in certain spots.

You know ... I have a 780 Ti and a i7 4790k and I can't even run AC3 maxed at 60 fps lol it's THAT bad, it's an abomination

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 11:12 AM
You know ... I have a 780 Ti and a i7 4790k and I can't even run AC3 maxed at 60 fps lol it's THAT bad, it's an abomination

Clearly, something is wrong with your rig if it's still like that after the patches. My 770 and i5 4670k does just fine with it. AC:3 is nowhere as demanding as Watch_Dogs or AC:IV, however. I'm sitting at around 30-60fps on Watch_Dogs. 30fps comes from driving, and the 60 comes from small interiors like any game. The average is 40-50 in the city. High settings, btw. Not max. With AC:IV, I'm around 40-60fps (40fps in islands or areas with high vegetation) with SMAA, not TXAA like AC:3. Everything else is cranked up to max. I don't know why your 780 Ti is faltering.

killzab
08-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Clearly, something is wrong with your rig if it's still like that after the patches. My 770 and i5 4670k does just fine with it. AC:3 is nowhere as demanding as Watch_Dogs or AC:IV, however. I'm sitting at around 30-60fps on Watch_Dogs. 30fps comes from driving, and the 60 comes from small interiors like any game. The average is 40-50 in the city. High settings, btw. Not max. With AC:IV, I'm around 40-60fps (40fps in islands or areas with high vegetation) with SMAA, not TXAA like AC:3. Everything else is cranked up to max. I don't know why your 780 Ti is faltering.

It only fails with AC3,

I can max ACIV at 60 fps ( without Physx though, those smoke effects are an unoptimized piece of **** )

wvstolzing
08-23-2014, 11:16 AM
I can't give FPS numbers, but on Intel 4650 *integrated graphics*, I'm able to play AC3 very smoothly at 1280x720 (all low settings).

I mean, *integrated graphics* ... it's quite a feat, honestly. On the same machine, GTAIV doesn't even launch.

Oh, and I meant to say: the link doesn't seem to be working.

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 11:18 AM
It only fails with AC3,

I can max ACIV at 60 fps ( without Physx though, those smoke effects are an unoptimized piece of **** )

Your AC:3 probably just needs a re-installation or patch. It's nowhere as demanding as AC:IV. If you can sit around 40-50 fps on islands,swamps, or in Kingston, you should have no trouble with AC:3 .

Oh yeah, those smoke effects are total ****. lel

I'm expecting Unity to run like AC:3's Boston on release. No doubt about it.

Sesheenku
08-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Lol jeez, to be fair though it's probably the i7, I bet it's not optimized for that type of hyper threading since console CPU's are ancient. That just speaks to the fact the lazy punks didn't optimize it for PC though.

Nah it's definitely the fact that AC3 isn't optimized for i7's I can almost guarantee it. I5's are usually better at four streams than I7, I7 wins in using development tools though. Which proves they were too lazy to optimize it for i7's.

It only fails with AC3,

Lol.

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Nah it's definitely the fact that AC3 isn't optimized for i7's I can almost guarantee it. I5's are usually better at four streams than I7, I7 wins in using development tools though. Which proves they were too lazy to optimize it for i7's.

That could be it. Saves me the trouble of regretting a i5 4690k purchase in the near future.

HiddenKiller612
08-23-2014, 11:28 AM
decent article... and yea it's crazy thinking back... AC1 looked phenomenal when it was first released, and it doesn't look too shabby even now. I remember seeing the first trailer for AC1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmFwfiKQwR8 and thinking... wow, this game is going to be awesome.... and here we are... so many years and so many sequels later... and I get that same feeling from Unity.

Sesheenku
08-23-2014, 11:33 AM
That could be it. Saves me the trouble of regretting a i5 4690k purchase in the near future.

Yeah for now i5 is the best for gaming. Till developers start taking advantage of i7's type of hyper threading.

I could probably get a bit more than 30-40 in AC3 (on max save for AA which is a bit lower) on my laptop if I had an i5 quad instead of an i7 quad but I chose the i7 cause this machine is for development tools as well as being capable in gaming until 2012 hit lol.