PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys like to see an AC game with a story about an Assassin civil war

X_xWolverinEx_X
08-22-2014, 11:59 AM
?

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 12:02 PM
An Assassin Civil War? Was there ever one? I'm not too familiar with the lore outside of the games.

X_xWolverinEx_X
08-22-2014, 12:04 PM
don't know could of been but it was remove from their history for reasons

rob.davies2014
08-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I think a schism in the Assassin Order would make for a good story. I could see one happening soon in the modern day....

I think we're all pretty sure that 'Unity' refers to (among other things) the unification of Assassins and Templars with Arno and Elise. It was also touched upon with Connor and Haytham.

I think the modern day is building up to an Assassin/Templar alliance against Juno HOWEVER there will be some hardcore Assassins (and probably Templars) who oppose this alliance and there we have a schism.

Hans684
08-22-2014, 02:13 PM
I'd love it.

moneyspills1
08-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I think we're all pretty sure that 'Unity' refers to (among other things) the unification of Assassins and Templars with Arno and Elise. It was also touched upon with Connor and Haytham. You might want to see this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqLwz-Csa88

Hans684
08-22-2014, 07:37 PM
I support such ideas highly, thing is it might be to "controversial" among fans. People are already screaming against Rogue because they won't kill their "brothers" and play the "bad guy". This series should have so much grayness that people would be confused about what side to choose. Equal treatment of both orders is my proposal, the Templars have been show in black and white view because of the Ezio trilogy. So why not have something like "Mafia's Creed"(because that's what people would call it if Ubisoft did even with the AC name, same case with Pirates(BF)). Obviously the name of the game won't the "Mafia's Creed", it will be AC [number or not and or subtitle related to theme/focus]. An AC during times where Mafias had creat influence and fought agains each other. Now let's say each Mafia order is a broken part of a big disagreement in the entire Assassin Order. Because of that the Assassins split up but all their goal still collide so they fight each other "for a better future"(their usual main goal). That's something I'd love to explore and in such a game the Templars will be the authority hunting the Mafia.

Or we can turn that idea on it's head, the order still split up and fight but we are a Templar Agent(and cop) hunting the Mafia(Assassins/criminals). It can be considered an Assassin Civil War from both perspectives but in one we are in the middle of it and in the other we try to stop it.

GoldenBoy9999
08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't really know. I'm usually okay with whatever the background is as long as it introduces some new stuff into the gameplay like Unity.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-22-2014, 08:49 PM
sounds interesting. assassins creed needs to go more outside the box in terms of story anyway. main stories in last few games are all basically similar.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 09:09 PM
AC:IV's story was nothing like AC:3's.

rickprog
08-22-2014, 09:17 PM
I actually think we'll be seeing one rather soon. Everyone's aware of how the games have aimed at presenting the conflict on a different way, not bad vs good but an ideology vs another one. Now, that very same thing could happen inside the assassin brotherhood, similar to what has been said will happen in Unity with the Templars: some people inside the brotherhood could think it's time to change certain things while others don't and there comes the schism.

If I'd like it? As long as it is well presented, sure, why not?

In any case, I don't think it will happen in the modern day story. They'll focus on the brotherhood's growth with the inclusion of the Initiates and such.