PDA

View Full Version : What disappointed me in AC IV

Agentdoskol
08-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Hello. This thread isnt about flaming to UBISOFT, because I am really glad of their AC IV. I just want to share what things dissappointed me, and what things i do not like.
I was playing in every AC what comes out, and I am experienced in whole series. I know all advantages and minuses of games. But AC IV makes me pain.

AT FIRST.
I am not so good in ENGLISH language. I bought version with POLISH subtitles. It could be ok, but in AC IV subtitles are rly unreadable. Bright entertainment and white subtitles are bad connection. In AC I, II, B, R subtitles were on with black background. It was amazing and pretty easy to read them. Why didnt you use this in AC III and IV? I have no idea. My first BIG MINUS. I coudnt feel this plot, those dialoges, i coudnt read almost 30% of dialogues :(

The second one.
SPY QUESTS.
Following and eavesdropping.
OK. First time was exciting I rly liked it the first time, the second one, but there was totally to many quests like FOLLOW AND EAVESDROP. I was totally bored of those quests, Its was tiring and iritating. It is assassin's creed or spy's creed? Second minus for boring, repeating patterns.

3th. A few small things that i didnt like
Small minus for only one ship that we could use, stupidity of enemies (were you serious with that?), still OVER POWER counterattack, and too easy fights.

Now some good words. AC IV was amazing for me. I love pirates, ships, cutlasses etc. Game was really playable. Plot was exciting, I have cryied when Mary Read died.
Storms and fogs are just AWESOME! It was like nerdgasm while proceed through high sees.

If not those minuses I could give 10/10 for amazing story of greedy Edward, and how they present us Abstergo, their files etc.

Unfortunatelly you did bad job with subtitles, thats why my rate is 7/10

As I told, I've played all ACs, I can rate all of them.
AC - boring, same patterns, but fresh idea, parkour connected with assassinating, good plot and this WTF at end. 6/10
AC II - still same patterns, but some news, proceed with plot, amazingWTF moments, better fight (not only X spam) 7/10
AC Brotherhood - this game gaves me a lot of fun. Nothing changed if going about fight, still counterattack op, but you can hire your own assassins 7/10
AC Revelations - This plot, this Ezio, this Altair, this Yusuf. I just falled in love with this plot, those "retrospections". Own assassins masters, mini tower defense 9/10
AC III - First contact with see, ships, animals, just rainbow to my eyes. Very well presented old towns of America, Haytham - best badass in whole AC series, but... i didnt like ending. It dissappointed me a lot, just weak idea. 8/10
AC Liberation HD - it should be threated like DLC, I cant rate this..

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forums!

1st. AC:IV's subtitles are indeed bad. The grammar and the way they capitalized almost every word was just intolerable...

2nd. I always thought they were the same thing... Jk, I agree to an extent. Tailing didn't bother me at all. Eavesdropping however.... Hurray for Unity.

3rd. I'm more saddened by the fact that we have a smaller brig than the Aquilla. And that Rogue's will be even smaller than the Jackdaw.

Hey, your ratings on the other Assassins Creed almost matches mine! Except I gave AC:IV a 9/10 since subtitles didn't bother me.

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 10:03 PM
It could be ok, but in AC IV subtitles are rly unreadable. Bright entertainment and white subtitles are bad connection. In AC I, II, B, R subtitles were on with black background. It was amazing and pretty easy to read them. Why didnt you use this in AC III and IV? I have no idea. My first BIG MINUS. I coudnt feel this plot, those dialoges, i coudnt read almost 30% of dialogues :(

I didn't use subtitles, but that deos sound like a very annoying problem! Must have sucked to miss so much of the story :(.

The second one.
SPY QUESTS.
OK. First time was exciting I rly liked it the first time, the second one, but there was totally to many quests like FOLLOW AND EAVESDROP. I was totally bored of those quests, Its was tiring and iritating. It is assassin's creed or spy's creed? Second minus for boring, repeating patterns.

Yeah they really went overboard with the tailing/eavesdropping missions. This has been fairly consistently criticized so hopefully they will reduce the amount for Unity. What we know is that you won't insta-fail them anymore in Unity. If the guy who you are following sees you the mission will transform to a chase (for example). This should at least make them a bit less annoying.

Small minus for only one ship that we could use, stupidity of enemies (were you serious with that?), still OVER POWER counterattack, and too easy fights.

AI is not that great and I agree the fights are easy to a point of becoming a chore. Ubi says they have fixed this for Unity, we'll see about that ;)!

Now some good words. AC IV was amazing for me. I love pirates, ships, cutlasses etc. Game was really playable. Plot was exciting, I have cryied when Mary Read died.
Storms and fogs are just AWESOME! It was like nerdgasm while proceed through high sees.

Sounds like you had a pretty good time anyway :)! I thought AC4 was overall a great game, despite some flaws. Here's hoping Unity will be even better!

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 10:39 PM
AC II - still same patterns, but some news, proceed with plot, amazingWTF moments, better fight (not only X spam) 7/10
AC Brotherhood - this game gaves me a lot of fun. Nothing changed if going about fight, still counterattack op, but you can hire your own assassins 7/10
Smart man

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Smart man

Indeed.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Smart man

Sh.

Gonna admit when I saw the angry face and the fact you called this "The HATE thread", I couldn't help but lol. But your OP was actually interesting to read.

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Gonna admit when I saw the angry face and the fact you called this "The HATE thread", I couldn't help but lol. But your OP was actually interesting to read.

Yeah wasn't expecting this in an AC4 hate thread lol:

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Well this might just be the most civilised hate thread I've ever come across.

Was expecting ye olde "Edwird iz pyrate - gaeym no aboot cread".

StocktonBrawler
08-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Edward was the most prolific character in the series thus far, heck, just look at the success of AC4 and the respect most gamers have for Edward Kenway. He's a hero's hero's hero.

Assassin_M
08-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Edward was the most prolific character in the series thus far, heck, just look at the success of AC4 and the respect most gamers have for Edward Kenway. He's a hero's hero's hero.
godammit, now I can't like Edward because you like him...

Landruner
08-22-2014, 03:16 AM
What I hated the most in AC4 BF are those stupid Social community events into the SP that did not even work correctly because of some lack of synchronization with the servers. I am mad and furious about that crap, and no support from Ubisoft - they did not even patch anything for that game for months. :mad:
I despise the lack of support and follow up for that game.:mad:
Another glitch that irritates me is hat ridiculous floating blue/white Royal ship on my map that prevents me to get that Aquila figure head since after plundering some 200 of Royal ship I should have unlocked it. I got that issue since day 1 and I was hoping after so many months the problem could have been resolved. :mad:

If not I really like AC4 Black Flag (Mostly for the Naval part) and I agree with the OP regarding the tailing missions. (Spy quests) Like OP wrote and Foes were a bit moronic as well.

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Hello. This thread isnt about flaming to UBISOFT, because I am really glad of their AC IV. I just want to share what things dissappointed me, and what things i do not like.
I was playing in every AC what comes out, and I am experienced in whole series. I know all advantages and minuses of games. But AC IV makes me pain.

AT FIRST.
I am not so good in ENGLISH language. I bought version with POLISH subtitles. It could be ok, but in AC IV subtitles are rly unreadable. Bright entertainment and white subtitles are bad connection. In AC I, II, B, R subtitles were on with black background. It was amazing and pretty easy to read them. Why didnt you use this in AC III and IV? I have no idea. My first BIG MINUS. I coudnt feel this plot, those dialoges, i coudnt read almost 30% of dialogues :(

The second one.
SPY QUESTS.

If not those minuses I could give 10/10 for amazing story of greedy Edward, and how they present us Abstergo, their files etc.

Unfortunatelly you did bad job with subtitles, thats why my rate is 7/10

As I told, I've played all ACs, I can rate all of them.
AC - boring, same patterns, but fresh idea, parkour connected with assassinating, good plot and this WTF at end. 6/10
AC Revelations - This plot, this Ezio, this Altair, this Yusuf. I just falled in love with this plot, those "retrospections". Own assassins masters, mini tower defense 9/10
AC III - First contact with see, ships, animals, just rainbow to my eyes. Very well presented old towns of America, Haytham - best badass in whole AC series, but... i didnt like ending. It dissappointed me a lot, just weak idea. 8/10
AC Liberation HD - it should be threated like DLC, I cant rate this..

Hey baby, let's go grab some pizza sometime or whatever it is you like to eat.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 09:54 AM
What I hated the most in AC4 BF are those stupid Social community events into the SP that did not even work correctly because of some lack of synchronization with the servers. I am mad and furious about that crap, and no support from Ubisoft - they did not even patch anything for that game for months. :mad:
Another glitch that irritates me is hat ridiculous floating blue/white Royal ship on my map that prevents me to get that Aquila figure head since after plundering some 200 of Royal ship I should have unlocked it. I got that issue since day 1 and I was hoping after so many months the problem could have been resolved. :mad:

I really, really hope they don't try to bring those back in Rogue. Knowing their budget, it'll take them an entire year to fix it.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 07:16 PM

Yeah...about that...no...

Jackdaw951
08-28-2014, 05:09 PM

If not I really like AC4 Black Flag (Mostly for the Naval part) and I agree with the OP regarding the tailing missions. (Spy quests) Like OP wrote and Foes were a bit moronic as well.

I sympathize completely with your plight. While I managed to navigate through the whole community-events schedule, I believe that forcing any part of the SP content online is dead wrong--as wrong as wrong gets in this industry. Kenway's Fleet is the other related sin. Not only is it online when it could easily be offline (using the PC's or console's internal date/time clock), but it's also global, with no way to reset it. You can't play it anew when you start a new game, and all those items and cash are simply dumped into your inventory without you getting the chance to earn them. Very poor design, and my guess as to why it's so poor is that it was forced on the dev team by the suits, whose agendas include forcing everyone online.

The game the devs wrought is absolutely stellar. Too bad it had to suffer so.