PDA

View Full Version : Next Assassin's Creed Game Visits Feudal Japan...But It's a Free Card Game On iOS

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Remember when people asked for a Feudal Japan game?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-assassins-creed-game-visits-feudal-japan-but-/1100-6421858/

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/1534/15343359/2632932-2917664852-10482.png

Assassin's Creed Memories is a card battling RPG that explores new areas the console and PC games have yet to feature.

When fans requested that the next Assassin's Creed game be set in Feudal Japan, this probably isn't what they meant. Ubisoft announced that Assassin's Creed Memories is available for free starting today on the iOS app store (no word on Android). According to the game's listing, it combines "card battle, RPG, and strategy gameplay" as well as "20 vs. 20 Guild vs. Guild combat."

But the most interesting inclusion in this new title are the new locations. In card-battling form, you'll be able to visit two locations that haven't come to the main series yet: Feudal Japan and Imperial Mongolia.

Is Ubisoft setting players up for further console adventures in these locations? Only time will tell. But there's no indication that the game's are tied to any upcoming titles. This isn't the first mobile game to carry the Assassin's Creed moniker, however. Assassin's Creed Pirates came out for both iOS and Android last year. And this fall, the Assassin's Creed story is splitting in two directions with Assassin's Creed: Rogue for 360/PS3 and Assassin's Creed: Unity for Xbox One/PS4/PC.

But what do you think about this lastest addition to the Assassin's Creed family? Even if you're not sold on card games, at the very least it's free, but do you want to see Ubisoft continue to experiment with bringing the franchise to these new genres?

Should we be mad?

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
No android... ;.;

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Nope, shouldn't be mad.

GunnerGalactico
08-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Can't really say that I'm thrilled right now, but at least it has 2 Asian locations that people want to see in future AC titles.

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 08:20 PM
We already had a thread for this actually, it already sunk in to the dark parts of forum, but we did had one.

killzab
08-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Old news, I already made a topic about it some weeks ago

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 08:22 PM
We should be mad.

With THOSE outfits. Mmm mmm gurl.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Should we be angry?

Hell no, this is hillarious!

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Old news, I already made a topic about it some weeks ago

People post a lot of old news these days it seems. I thought I read this before haha

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I ain't even mad haha

killzab
08-21-2014, 08:29 PM
I ain't even mad haha

I am ... if we don't ever see a game set in Feudal Japan I 'll ... be as mad as Connor's fans :mad:

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I am ... if we don't ever see a game set in Feudal Japan I 'll ... be as mad as Connor's fans :mad:

Never be that mad, never. I'll be hear to support you x

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 04:49 AM
What... the ****!

No. No. NO. NO. NO. NO! NO!!!!!

What are you doing Ubisoft? You trying to fail hard like Square Enix with FF recently?

Inb4 pay to wait inb4 pay to win inb4 microtransactions at ridiculous prices inb4 Ubisoft loses all dignity, sanity, and respect from customers with asinine business moves.

The end is NIGH!!!

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Hells_Truth/hell_forever_and_ever.jpg

travilanche
08-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Kinda glad about this. Now it is a lot less likely that they will waste a console title on a location that I couldn't possibly give a fug less about.

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Kinda glad about this. Now it is a lot less likely that they will waste a console title on a location that I couldn't possibly give a fug less about.

Off with your head!

killzab
08-22-2014, 08:56 AM

Well a lot of people like me would like a game set in Japan so stop being selfish

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Well a lot of people like me would like a game set in Japan so stop being selfish

I've marked down his response in order for a cold retaliation slap if they ever make his preferred location into an IOS game.

I am the king of grudge holding.

jeordievera
08-22-2014, 09:11 AM
I downloaded the game, tried to play it but I don't get it.. Next..

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
I downloaded the game, tried to play it but I don't get it.. Next..

Assassins Creed : Yugioh!

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DUEL!!!!

NYAAAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA..... NYAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOOOOOO YUGI OH OH OH OH OH!

jeordievera
08-22-2014, 09:27 AM
It kinda remings me of Street Fighter :D

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 09:28 AM
It kinda remings me of Street Fighter :D

Whut... So it's a card game with hadoukens?

jeordievera
08-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Whut... So it's a card game with hadoukens?
Something like that or at least its how I see it

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Something like that or at least its how I see it

That sounds totally weird and not like anything I'd like to play. Unless it was a Street Fighter card game. Combining RPG/Card/RTS though... Who was smoking the crack at Ubisoft and came up with this?

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 09:51 AM
They had a card game for Brotherhood before. I heard it was good.

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Assassins Creed : Yugioh!

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DUEL!!!!

NYAAAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA..... NYAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA NYAAAA nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaa nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOOOOOO YUGI OH OH OH OH OH!

Lol, I was worried about that. That's why I'm also not keen on anything that's made into to a card game.

"First, I'll place Altair in attack mode, then Connor in defence mode... then I'll throw down a face-down to complete my turn" :p

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Lol, I was worried about that. That's why I'm also not keen on anything that's made into to a card game.

"First, I'll place Altair in attack mode, then Connor in defence mode... then I'll throw down a face-down to complete my turn" :p

Did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Depends on what card you draw. I know you can only summon one monster per turn. Don't worry- I was being silly on purpose. :p

Sesheenku
08-22-2014, 10:44 AM

I actually like YuGiOh... well not competitive, I hate when they sell me cards and then tell me I can no longer use them cause they're restricted. I just play with friends.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Depends on what card you draw. I know you can only summon one monster per turn. Don't worry- I was being silly on purpose. :p

You didn't get my reference. :(

LatinaC09
08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
It's alright. I'm not too upset over it as they already have 2 console games incoming in a few months.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 12:40 PM
snip

I have the T-Shirt(s) for that. Legit.

sleeplust
08-22-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure whether UBI designers have reallized the tricky question.
In the story background,the Order of Assassin have taken place very much earlier than the English or Arab word of "assassin","hashshashshin" or some other form,like Chinese word:刺客.That means if some day,the franchise covers an era before the Middle Age,the name of the order should be changed,like the setting in Aquilus and the age of Caesar Rome.
I see some feudal dynasties of Japan,such as Kamakura Bakufu were not in an early period the Middle Age,however it still sounds strange that ancient Japanese members of the Order and Templar called themselves "Assassins" or "Templars".They should be local members of the local fractions,not the alien or "imported" ones and need not to use the European or Mid-East words and corresponding translations.
http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/assas...es/id885419846

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Ninja

Hans684
08-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Ninja

Ninja =/= Assassin.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Shinobi.

m4r-k7
08-22-2014, 03:47 PM
How about shoguns? I always thought a good take on a Japanese ac game could be about the Japanese brand of assassin's who are corrupt and the Japanese mentor is actually the shogunate. Rather than the traditional ninja / samurai story that ubisoft are clearly scared to make, they could tell us a time in feudal Japanese history where the assassin's are corrupt, which coincidentally fuels the assassin's to operate a shogunate government. Would be interesting to see other assassin factions from other countries fighting them in an assassin "civil" war.

Assassin's creed: Corruption

Gin0r
08-22-2014, 04:08 PM
I think it works this way: The Animus has an universal translator anyway, he just translates the local / period specific word the orders use for themselves into Assassins / Templars. The Mayan Assassins surely didn’t call themselves Assassins, they just noticed that their beliefs were similar—Ah Tabai mentioned something like this, I think—once the European Assassins arrived.

Or another theory: The etymology of the word Assassin / Templar is simply different in the AC universe and they were called that since the time of TWCB.

BATISTABUS
08-22-2014, 11:09 PM
"Imperial Mongolia" sure looks a lot like "Imperial Caribbean"...

Xstantin
08-22-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure whether UBI designers have reallized the tricky question.
In the story background,the Order of Assassin have taken place very much earlier than the English or Arab word of "assassin","hashshashshin" or some other form,like Chinese word:“刺客”.That means if some day,the franchise covers an era before the Middle Age,the name of the order should be changed,like the setting in Aquilus and the age of Caesar Rome.
I see some feudal dynasties of Japan,such as Kamakura Bakufu were not in an early period the Middle Age,however it still sounds strange that ancient Japanese members of the Order and Templar called themselves "Assassins" or "Templars".They should be local members of the local fractions,not the alien or "imported" ones and need not to use the European or Mid-East words and corresponding translations.
http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/assas...es/id885419846

That'll be the curse of Japanese-themed AC game (if it ever happens), people will nitpick and tear it to pieces. Not directed at you exactly, but just accept it as fictional work developed by multicultural blah blah, so inconsistencies will be there.

sleeplust
09-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Story inconsistencies seem unavoidable with the "multicultural groups or some other thing" working for it,while the tricky mechanics should better be kept for the future possibilities.
I've seen that the story is set as "Assassins and Templars both imported that time",and this sounds like a "wise" avoidance made for my question,hehe.
Just found that my thread moved here,okay.