PDA

View Full Version : Gamescom Q & A

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Not sure if posted... http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-167041-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Some interesting ones handpicked by me :). (The spoilers are fairly mild, but still...)

Q: Is the free-aim with the pistol back? If so can we free aim with the Phantom Blade?
A: Yes, you can free aim with both pistol and Phantom Blade!

Q: What are the different ways you could receive skill points?
A: Completing missions in the single-player campaign, Brotherhood missions (co-op) and finding hidden collectibles.

Q: Will any past Assassins make an appearance in Unity?
A: For AC Unity, we are focusing only on the story of Arno and the French Brotherhood, so no past Assassins. But you can unlock costumes for some previous Assassins... you'll have to play the game to find out how!

Q: Is Arno's personality more serious like Conner's or more active like Edward/ Ezio's?
A: He's definitely closer to Ezio. He's sharp and witty. He's dedicated to avenging his step-father.

Q: What kind of skills will we be able to learn throughout the game?
A: There are basic moves like Double Assassination, use different types of weapons and lockpicking, to name just a few.

Q: Will we have any help from some NPCs? Like Leonardo DaVinci and Ezio / Antoine Lavoisier and Arnaud?
A: Sure... Arno will meet different historical characters, like the Marquis de Sade and Robespierre.

There are more if you follow the link (+ some for Rogue)
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-167041-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 07:04 PM
This was posted somewhere already but thanks :)

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 07:06 PM
This was posted somewhere already but thanks :)

I figured, people here are quick to post stuff :). Just saw it on the AC twitter feed.

dimbismp
08-21-2014, 08:30 PM
The interesting part is that we can get a second hidden blade,if i understood correctly

Braders06
08-22-2014, 12:19 AM
The interesting part is that we can get a second hidden blade,if i understood correctly

I think we still keep the one hidden blade. Learning how to double assassinate probably just gives us the ability to perform a similar animation to the one shown in the gamescom demo, where Arno puts one guy in a kind of headlock and stabs him, and then flicks his forearm out to cut the other guard's throat with the same hidden blade (nasty way to go :p) all in one fluid movement.

I'm also pretty sure they stated in a Facebook post somewhere that you only get one hidden blade.

souNdwAve89
08-22-2014, 03:09 AM
What? It says that there will be double hidden blades in the link unless they worded it incorrectly. Taking away the option of having double hidden blades seems like a bad idea since we've had it since AC2. They'll probably do what Brotherhood did, which is giving the player an option to upgrade.

Layytez
08-22-2014, 03:14 AM
What? It says that there will be double hidden blades in the link unless they worded it incorrectly. Taking away the option of having double hidden blades seems like a bad idea since we've had it since AC2. They'll probably do what Brotherhood did, which is giving the player an option to upgrade.
Didn't say anything about double hidden blades. We have seen him perform a double assassination with one hidden blade. I prefer it this approach to be honest since it brings out some cool animations. We may get the choice between one or two blades but can still perform double assassinations regardless.

souNdwAve89
08-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Didn't say anything about double hidden blades. We have seen him perform a double assassination with one hidden blade. I prefer it this approach to be honest since it brings out some cool animations. We may get the choice between one or two blades but can still perform double assassinations regardless.

Yes, I know, but I'm talking about this question and its answer.

Q: Can we use double hidden blade?
A: Yes. We still have Double Assassination and Aerial Double Assassinations!

Layytez
08-22-2014, 03:23 AM
Yes, I know, but I'm talking about this question and its answer.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Yes, I am talking about the same thing. They could go either route on this one to be honest.

Ureh
08-22-2014, 03:53 AM
I think we still keep the one hidden blade. Learning how to double assassinate probably just gives us the ability to perform a similar animation to the one shown in the gamescom demo, where Arno puts one guy in a kind of headlock and stabs him, and then flicks his forearm out to cut the other guard's throat with the same hidden blade (nasty way to go :p) all in one fluid movement.

I'm also pretty sure they stated in a Facebook post somewhere that you only get one hidden blade.

It's kinda hard to tell. But it looks like his left arm (the one with the blade) never actually stabs the guy in the headlock.

Braders06
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
It's kinda hard to tell. But it looks like his left arm (the one with the blade) never actually stabs the guy in the headlock.

Sorry, I was writing from memory, you seem to be right. It looks like he twists the guys neck (one-armed. Impressive) but it happens so quickly, and he has his hidden blade hand (left) with a open palm, which usually indicates the hidden blade is out. It's hard to tell, either way it looks cool :p

RinoTheBouncer
08-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you. I was there too, the last day. I asked about 4-5 questions

1. Why was the numbering system dropped?
2. What’s the fate of Modern Day, will there ever be a third person gameplay in modern day?
3. Could the franchise go back in time way before Atlair where the Assassins rely more on skill than weaponry?
4. Will there be more expansion about the story of Juno, or will she just be erased from the system?

EmbodyingSeven5
08-22-2014, 06:18 PM
I hape I can get a past assassins outfit with my uplay points. I have been saving up for AC rogue and Unity!

Hans684
08-22-2014, 06:27 PM
I hape I can get a past assassins outfit with my uplay points. I have been saving up for AC rogue and Unity!

So you knew of both games years before everyone else without saying anything?

Layytez
08-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Thank you. I was there too, the last day. I asked about 4-5 questions

1. Why was the numbering system dropped?
2. What’s the fate of Modern Day, will there ever be a third person gameplay in modern day?
3. Could the franchise go back in time way before Atlair where the Assassins rely more on skill than weaponry?
4. Will there be more expansion about the story of Juno, or will she just be erased from the system?
I neeeed to know.