PDA

View Full Version : UbiDevBlog: Elise

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Creative Director, Alex Amancio, has been very busy as of late but he managed to find some time to sit down with us to talk about Elise de la Serre.

As Creative Director, Alex’s duties are vast! He is in charge of all creative elements of the game including visuals and narrative.

Ever since the release of Unity’s second cinematic trailer, fans have been chomping at the bit to know more about the red-headed Templar. Perhaps we can start by clarifying her relationship with Arno.

“Elise is not Arno’s sister. They grew up together but never shared a brother/sister relationship. They became fast friends and, as the years went on, they eventually fell in love.”

“Elise was born into a noble family, a very influential family. Her family’s influence greatly surpassed their title and that is because of their Templar connection. Elise had a very privileged childhood, she would never want for anything, but she wasn’t interested in sitting around and doing nothing. She’d rather be hanging out with the servants playing pharaoh than going to a ball. She has always been one for adventure and, more often than not, would drag Arno along, getting him into trouble.”

Growing up in an influential Templar family mustn’t have been easy for young Elise. How young do Templars start their training?

They became fast friends and, as the years went on, they eventually fell in love.
“She has had that training throughout her whole childhood, it was just disguised as other things. Fencing classes may have seemed like a fun activity but she was being trained to fight. The training was never obvious; it was just a part of growing up. She was never aware of what the applications of these activities would be but she was always very fit and well educated. Her christening into the Templar order only happens much later and it is something you witness in the game.”

“Elise and Arno are two sides to the same coin. She is extremely driven, fiercely independent and deeply in love with Arno. Their choices and events around them have brought them to this point but while Arno is on a quest for redemption, Elise is driven by vengeance.”

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/elise-in-article_166669.jpg

#EliseFacts: She once convinced Arno to hide from guards by jumping a fence into an orchard. Unfortunately it was being patrolled by guard dogs.
When asked if Elise would be able to beat Arno in a swordfight, Alex reflects for a moment before answering:

“Elise could probably take him. Arno is an efficient fighter and would go for a quick kill but Elise is very strategic and would have planned for each of his moves.”

There is one last question that seems to be on fan’s minds: If Arno was raised in a house with a Templar family and fell in love with a Templar, why is he an Assassin?

“You’ll find that out when you start playing the game!”

Alex Amancio started his Ubisoft career in 2005 on the game Far Cry 2. He joined the Assassin’s team in 2010 as Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed Revelations and moved on to Unity after it shipped. He once saved his Montreal studio mates from a confused bat by trapping it in a cardboard box in the 5th floor cafeteria.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:33 PM
servants playing pharaoh

...wut

Oh, are they talking about faro? Like the card game?

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Alex Amancio... He once saved his Montreal studio mates from a confused bat by trapping it in a cardboard box in the 5th floor cafeteria.

The stuff of legends here.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
He once saved his Montreal studio mates from a confused bat by trapping it in a cardboard box in the 5th floor cafeteria.

0_o

Ok how did a Bat get inside a building like that? You'd think it would be bright in there.

Oh well, time to write a new chapter in the Amancio bible....

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Shobhit, I think Amancio is now Batman.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
He once saved his Montreal studio mates from a confused bat by trapping it in a cardboard box in the 5th floor cafeteria.

But did he do it...

seamlessly?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111018161323/forgottenrealms/images/9/95/User_terroblades_troll_eyes.png

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Shobhit, I think Amancio is now Batman.

An illustration of the happenings at the Ubisoft Montreal offices that day:

http://i.imgur.com/FXYGnkC.gif

He continued to fight criminals seamlessly night by night!

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Elise is going to be an amazing character, I just know it...

Quick, let's ship her and Haytham together.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 05:42 PM
...wut

Oh, are they talking about faro? Like the card game?
Haha yeah I was like "the video game?!"

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Elise is the female version of Ezio.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Elise is the female version of Ezio.

Does this mean Arno will die tragically in her arms after being married for several years to a bearded dork named Manfredo?

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 05:49 PM

Let's not.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:50 PM

Haytham died when she was 11, perv.

Hans684
08-21-2014, 07:30 PM
“Elise could probably take him. Arno is an efficient fighter and would go for a quick kill but Elise is very strategic and would have planned for each of his moves.”

So should we take it as a confirmation that she won't die? Arno's flaw in fighting seams to be by going for a quick kill(be being to direct), doesn't sound planned at all. Elise is Sherlock(RDJ) at fighting.

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Does this mean Arno will die tragically in her arms after being married for several years to a bearded dork named Manfredo?

People have asked for a gay Assassin in the past.

Xstantin
08-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Elise sounds cooler each time they bring her up :)

GunnerGalactico
08-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Elise sounds like the most kickass female character to date. I like her already.

killzab
08-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Indeed, can't wait to see her in the game

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 08:21 PM

Woah slow down there Bruce!

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 08:24 PM
They have a footage of him catching the bat..
http://slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/curiosities/images/catcatchesbat.gif

Sigv4rd
08-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Elise is strong independent Templar woman and she don't need no Assassin man!
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy250/bestisunkind/Necessary%20Gifs/24ynt5yjpg.gif