PDA

View Full Version : Is present day all but dead or is slowly dying?

eaglefan129
08-21-2014, 04:17 AM
So i guess im wondering if there is a tradional present day cotent (meaning 3rd person) in rogue that maybe sets up the i guess scinerio for untiy?

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:20 AM
AC Initiates is not a fan site.

And it didn't have any concept art of Shay at all, it had concept art of Eseosa. The present day female Assassin was Galina. They're both characters that are only on Initiates so far.

The present day isn't dead or dying, in fact, it's becoming stronger in the way it produced content and how much content it's introducing, but it's changing from AC1-AC3 where you played as a character in third-person.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 04:21 AM
I dunno....but I don't care......cuz according to the description of Unity's modern day it sounds like it's finally getting the guillotine treatment!!!! Which is what I've wanted them to do for years ;)......because guess what a lot of people could give a crap less about MD!

eaglefan129
08-21-2014, 04:25 AM
i should have looked that up i relized that after i posted it

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:29 AM
Actually Unity's modern day sounds promising in what it could deliver, even if it is all in-animus, which isn't actually confirmed by the way, that's all rumors and speculation.

But I LOVE the modern day, and I'm excited for what Unity and Rogue could deliver on. I'm gonna take a guess and say that Rogue's modern day will have us as the Abstergo entertainment employee again, and in Unity, we'll be an Initiate who is sent a new Assassin animus called the Helix, and that we'll receive video updates, e-mail updates, perhaps even have a few segments where we may control a drone, we'll probably use the Animus to hack and retrieve more data. There's also an interesting possibility of perhaps actually using Animus simulations for modern day story sections, so maybe we infiltrate a network using some sort of Animus simulation, maybe we get past a "firewall" by sneaking through an animus-generated "wall" full of enemies :P, maybe the last mission could end with us pulling Juno into the Animus and we kill her through an animus simulation "deleting" her "data."

It's all a possibility. Amancio did say that modern day would also be like a new start for the series, and he seemed to be at least a little bit excited for it, so I'm excited for it.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:30 AM
If Unity's MD is in interface formatt and Rogue continues the tradition of black flag, yes I would say it is slowly dying.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:37 AM
If Unity's MD is in interface formatt and Rogue continues the tradition of black flag, yes I would say it is slowly dying.

But, it's actually getting stronger, and becoming more viable.

Black Flag has the strongest modern day portion in the series to date. It adds the most to the lore, it has a clear, strong storyline, and it added some final developments to the story of Desmond. It also started the development of the group called the Instruments of the First Will.

The modern day portion is not dying, it's just becoming less forced on players and it's becoming more of a side narrative, but it's also strengthening the modern day story itself. At least, if take the time to actually follow it through the games and AC Initiates.

I'm really happy with the way it's going right now, and I think it's something that they can more easily carry forward and give a good story.

Layytez
08-21-2014, 04:38 AM
All we know is that we will be contacted by the Assassins to look through Arno's memories. What for, I do not know but I have hope for something good.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:38 AM
Well I personally think the modern day is getting more and more condensed with less and less direct impact on the modern world around you.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Oh my god, these dramatic titles "is the Modern day slowly dying?" "I feel like i'm the only one who [insert something widely popular here]" "I am heart broken by Assassins Creed" "I feel so betrayed"

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:45 AM
I don't think that's true, at least not the less impact on the modern world. I won't say that the AC4 modern day wasn't short, because it was, but you did accomplish a good amount of things for both the Assassins and Abstergo, also, you inadvertently got a sage killed, not sure how much impact that's going to have on the instruments of the first will.

I'm really interested in the modern day story right now, too bad not many people wanted to talk about it. Guess they feel cheated out of getting answers on Subject 16's stuff, and the whole Eve thing, although I'm pretty sure that the Eve thing is still happening.

Oh my god, these dramatic titles "is the Modern day slowly dying?" "I feel like i'm the only one who [insert something widely popular here]" "I am heart broken by Assassins Creed" "I feel so betrayed"

M, what's your opinion on the current modern day situation.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:48 AM
I just don't like walking around doing what feels like nothing while people engage in 'secret affairs' away from me.

I want to get involved dang it. Not just slowly figure out what's going on but not able to be an active participant.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:51 AM
I just don't like walking around doing what feels like nothing while people engage in 'secret affairs' away from me.

I want to get involved dang it. Not just slowly figure out what's going on but not able to be an active participant.

Then I suppose the current modern day isn't for you, but I don't think you can say that it's actually dying, considering it's just changing the way it's doing things, and it's not disappearing, and the stories that it adds to the series are actually becoming stronger.

Actually, Assassin's Creed from the beginning should have featured different modern day protagonists in my opinion.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:53 AM
Well, if the modern day in Unity is in interface formatt then I would say it is slowly condensing i.e. dying because it's even less interaction/impact than ACIV's.

It would feel as disconnected as initiates IMO

Ureh
08-21-2014, 04:54 AM
In AC1 I actually felt like we had no idea about the secret conflict, then slowly over the course of the story we find out who Desmond really is and that Abstergo are the Templars. So maybe that's what they're doing here.... we might be in a similar situation to Shaun where he didn't know about Assassins/Templars but eventually he joined the fight.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:57 AM
format*

But that's pretty much what modern day should have been in the first place. In fact, I'd argue that AC1 and AC2's modern day was pretty much like that, just with being able to walk around but more annoying.

In my opinion, Initiates is a great way to continue the modern day story and tell brief historical stories.

I don't think it means it's dying at all. And I already explained how an in-animus modern day (or interface formatt as you call it) could have different situations that actually do have you making a strong impact.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 05:00 AM
Well I guess it just depends on our perspectives of the initiates-esque structure.

I personally think it's terrible but hey that's what agreeing to disagree is for.

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 05:05 AM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/20/20e5ff8993a0d8b8a09ec7c248c59ab586037c73e2115a74b0 978a1216c989ee.jpg

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Well from the sounds of what Alex has said about the modern day is that WE are the character, not us as a abstergo employee or anything like that, actually US, so with that I think that maybe abstergo have made the animus an actual thing you can pick up at a shop like an Xbox/PS and play as a "game".
I could be wrong but that's my assumption.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Abstergo already did that.

I think we're supposed to be Initiates and the Assassins send us their version of the Animus console.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:30 AM
In AC1 I actually felt like we had no idea about the secret conflict, then slowly over the course of the story we find out who Desmond really is and that Abstergo are the Templars. So maybe that's what they're doing here.... we might be in a similar situation to Shaun where he didn't know about Assassins/Templars but eventually he joined the fight.

This.

People who haven't played an AC who were just introduced to AC:IV's modern day actually enjoyed it a lot. They got the same goosebumps we once had from AC:1's modern day. Except less restricted, and with more secrets and fan-service to go on. Personally, I prefer that over the Ezio's Trilogy teen drama-like fillers.

If AC:RO's another first person, I'm satisfied. But I'm know for a fact that I'm going to enjoy AC:U's VR-like HUD interfaces. It should have stayed that way since AC:1.

Layytez
08-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Abstergo already did that.

I think we're supposed to be Initiates and the Assassins send us their version of the Animus console.
I think their version will either give you backdoor access to the Abstergo servers or take you off the grid. It may not be an actual console they send but s software patch.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:43 AM
I think their version will either give you backdoor access to the Abstergo servers or take you off the grid. It may not be an actual console they send but s software patch.
I'm excited at the prospect. Maybe they won't deliver, but I'm still excited :P

Layytez
08-21-2014, 05:48 AM
I'm excited at the prospect. Maybe they won't deliver, but I'm still excited :P
Me too. I hope Notre Dame or another important landmark has some First Civ ties. Not because we are looking for something but to be told some important information.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 06:34 AM
M, what's your opinion on the current modern day situation.
Love it, best it's ever been since AC I.

king-hailz
08-21-2014, 09:46 AM
To be honest I was really distraught after hearing about unity's modern day! But as long as there are still lots of conspiracies that relate the game to the real world then ill be happy... I also want something similar to glyphs in AC2 while you are talking to shaun as he explains to us how the world is run by templars. However I have no idea how juno is going to relate to this.

Hans684
08-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Only if you can't keep up with it. If you miss a single pice of the puzzle you won't get the big picture, so from my perspective it ain't dying. It's expanding, it's becoming this beautiful place that you can get lost in for days, yet never feeling lost. It's a garden with exotic plants from all over the world in a perfect mix creating Eden. And their new way of approaching MD is like changing a few plants for the better of the entire garden, some enjoy it, some hate it but still is Eden.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Well I personally think the modern day is getting more and more condensed with less and less direct impact on the modern world around you.

feel the same way. and I love the modern day it seems it started going downhill after AC R. hate the ending to AC 3s MD. And AC 4 didn't give much progression in MD either

thinking about it AC Rs MD wasn't great either

Kakuzu745
08-22-2014, 09:05 PM
MD in AC1 was so awesome...I loved it...it was somehow mysterious and had this nice thing going on with clues from Subject 16. Then all of a sudden it went into a direction that tbh it was not my personal preference at all.

If you ask me I think we are going back to something nice...I dont want to jump in Modern Day, that is why I have the animus content...in MD I prefer to explore, find new things, explore lore further.