PDA

View Full Version : How is the economy system going to work? (Unity)

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 04:15 AM
AC4 had a limitless stream of income thanks to the raiding and boarding pirate loop, so naturally Rogue will too, but I'm wondering what will be done in Unity. Will it be just like the Ezio games, do you think? Where you only get money from completing missions and looting chests? The renovation loop (aka "get free money every twenty minutes") seems to be gone.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:21 AM
it looks like we get customization pieces from missions so far. So I'm gonna take a wild guess of speculation and say:

Assassin's Creed Unity will not feature a monetary economy system, for the first time since Assassin's Creed (2007).

eaglefan129
08-21-2014, 04:28 AM
it looks like we get customization pieces from missions so far. So I'm gonna take a wild guess of speculation and say:

Assassin's Creed Unity will not feature a monetary economy system, for the first time since Assassin's Creed (2007).

which i kinda like saves play time of looking for stuff and what not.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:31 AM
My idea of there not being money in Unity is supported by the fact that the gamescom demo had no money indicator on it's HUD, which past AC games have had when they had money. So, yea, I'm gonna go and say that I believe that Unity will not feature money. I feel like that makes sense, personally, due to the circumstances of the French Revolution.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 04:33 AM
which i kinda like saves play time of looking for stuff and what not.
Yeah, why bother with exploration? why waste gameplay time on that ****? yeah, give me all za moneys and armors

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 04:38 AM
Pretty sure Amancio has said we can buy gear with in-game money Jexx...

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:40 AM
Yeah, why bother with exploration? why waste gameplay time on that ****? yeah, give me all za moneys and armors

It's already been confirmed that not all side missions are revealed on the map anymore when you synchronize a viewpoint :P

And Shahk, source?

Ureh
08-21-2014, 04:42 AM
I thought there was money in the gamescom demo. When he pulled the guard into the haystack, it instantly looted him, and then when Arno jumped out you could see the franks icon floating above him.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 04:46 AM
It's already been confirmed that not all side missions are revealed on the map anymore when you synchronize a viewpoint :P

And Shahk, source?

Too tired to get link but it was said in that Playstation Access interview in which Amancio confirmed microstransactions.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:46 AM
oh

nevermind there's money

dang I liked my idea

oh well

i'll go die now

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 04:51 AM
didn't you notice when Arno stole the keys, he also got 15F... also..

http://segmentnext.com/2014/07/21/assassins-creed-unity-improves-weapons-economic-systems/

This year, we’re really proud to introduce our deep and relevant customization system. This customization is about Arno and his journey. All the gear and the weapons that you can buy within the game have a real impact on your gameplay and the player will also feel the necessity to customize his own version of Arno in order to continue his progression and become a master assassin. Obviously, the money value of a gear will vary with its rarity and its effectiveness. Consequently, the economic system will be an integral part of the ACU experience.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:58 AM
didn't you notice when Arno stole the keys, he also got 15F... also..

http://segmentnext.com/2014/07/21/assassins-creed-unity-improves-weapons-economic-systems/

This year, we’re really proud to introduce our deep and relevant customization system. This customization is about Arno and his journey. All the gear and the weapons that you can buy within the game have a real impact on your gameplay and the player will also feel the necessity to customize his own version of Arno in order to continue his progression and become a master assassin. Obviously, the money value of a gear will vary with its rarity and its effectiveness. Consequently, the economic system will be an integral part of the ACU experience.

oh

nevermind there's money

dang I liked my idea

oh well

i'll go die now

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 05:03 AM
there's more than just you in this thread :rolleyes:

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 05:22 AM
I absolutely LOVE the idea of instead of just buying equipment and clothing you have to go out (like the Romulus missions) and do missions to get things, it makes it more rewarding IMO.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 06:00 AM
The renovation loop (aka "get free money every twenty minutes") seems to be gone.

You sure about that?

http://i.imgur.com/UlLgAvR.jpg

That looks like one of the landmark icons to me (except it's Notre Dame instead of the Colosseum).

Also, I could swear we heard somewhere that it was back in Unity, maybe I am wrong.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 06:01 AM
maybe that marker is just to show that it's a landmark, not that we're able to buy it (which quite frankly, is sort of weird).

I think marking landmarks is a good thing.

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 06:02 AM
We do own a cafe... and can purchase more... so you never know.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 06:03 AM
maybe that marker is just to show that it's a landmark, not that we're able to buy it (which quite frankly, is sort of weird).

I think marking landmarks is a good thing.

I guess, but what would the point? I mean isn't the entire point of a landmark to be recognizable? What would be the use of marking it I wonder?

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 06:05 AM
You will always be broke in Unity, I tell you.

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 07:17 AM
You will always be broke in Unity, I tell you.

Nah man I'm too obsessed with efficiency. Never been broke in AC games ;P

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
I think Amancio said you will buy a cafe and that's where the economy system will be at. I have no idea how will this work - will Arno serve a coffee, fresh croissants and baguettes? :p

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Nah man I'm too obsessed with efficiency. Never been broke in AC games ;P

Well, you don't aim for 100%. When it came to 100% completion, AC:IV was one of the most taxing. I had to take advantage of the Black Flag APP to make enough gold in that game. The Ezio Trilogy made money for you, regardless. And AC:3 wasn't very demanding.

I'm thinking Unity will force players to spend their money wisely, this time around. Especially since it's CO-OP. They wouldn't be putting microtransactions in if everything was as easy to obtain as the previous titles. I'm guessing it'll be in reminiscence of consecutive MP, or exactly the same. That's not too bad, IMO. Just as long as they don't make those ****ing exclusive microtransactions equipment.

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 09:18 AM
lol AC4 I went after the big fish... Royal convoys. took 'em down without entering into naval combat because my ship wasn't upgraded enough... Just swam up to them, climbed aboard, and make me some quick cash. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Well, you don't aim for 100%. When it came to 100% completion, AC:IV was one of the most taxing. I had to take advantage of the Black Flag APP to make enough gold in that game. The Ezio Trilogy made money for you, regardless. And AC:3 wasn't very demanding.

I'm thinking Unity will force players to spend their money wisely, this time around. Especially since it's CO-OP. They wouldn't be putting microtransactions in if everything was as easy to obtain as the previous titles. I'm guessing it'll be in reminiscence of consecutive MP, or exactly the same. That's not too bad, IMO. Just as long as they don't make those ****ing exclusive microtransactions equipment.

Dunno what cost you 100%'ers so much in BF, I easily upgraded the sip with just treasure maps and diving and if I recall that's the most expensive thing in the game. On top of that since Naval combat has the easy exploitation I've said various times, it's no trouble to go blow a man of war out of the water that has lots of sugar and rum and get a crap ton of money for it.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Dunno what cost you 100%'ers so much in BF, I easily upgraded the sip with just treasure maps and diving and if I recall that's the most expensive thing in the game. On top of that since Naval combat has the easy exploitation I've said various times, it's no trouble to go blow a man of war out of the water that has lots of sugar and rum and get a crap ton of money for it.

Upgrades, specifically, flowed similarly to the Ezio Trilogy. They're all easy, yeah.

But stuff like upgrading the Great Inagua and buying all the treasures/accessories will cost you a lot. The Great Inagua, itself, is around 300-400k. You only need about 100k to upgrade Edward.

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Upgrades, specifically, flowed similarly to the Ezio Trilogy. They're all easy, yeah.

But stuff like upgrading the Great Inagua and buying all the treasures/accessories will cost you a lot. The Great Inagua, itself, is around 300-400k. You only need about 100k to upgrade Edward.

I had so much to waste I did spend some on Inagua. I finished it after I beat the game JUST because I had the money. Could be because I had a compulsion to blow up any ship with anything decent on it.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 09:50 AM
They're addicting, so who would blame you for taking out the Spaniards in the South. lul

Sesheenku
08-21-2014, 09:59 AM
They're addicting, so who would blame you for taking out the Spaniards in the South. lul

They were to me at first I really wanted for this game to meet my expectations so I played the crap out of it, I indulged in every side activity at least a bit and completed the ones that had sensible rewards.

You know how I feel about it now but at first I gave it a sincere and honest try.

I won't lie that the fact my gaming laptop can't run it super well (30 fps in most places but it dips on islands with lots of foliage) and that can kind of impact my enjoyment but yeah.

When I get a new PC I might try it again to see how much hate that gave to me. When I first played AC3 I got a lot of random dips, I had to open up and clean my fan, it had collected an unbelievable amount of dust, I thought MSI would have cleaned it when I sent it to them for a repair on the ac adapter but I found they did nothing.

Now I can get a comfortable 40 on AC3 and it was less of a chore to play.

Either way Ubisoft does a poor job on PC optimization anyways.

naumaan
08-21-2014, 10:50 AM
well it seems like .. we are going to buy the stuff like hoods and armors and jackets .. and trousers pants and stuff for arno .. so i guess it wont be without any economy system, there will be an economy system but of what kind .. we will know soon enough

SHADOWGARVIN
08-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Pretty sure Amancio has said we can buy gear with in-game money Jexx...

Yes, he said it in an interview.

chris.hayes151
08-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I imagined equipment being separated (maybe not literally) into Standard, Advanced and Rare. Standard being purchasable pretty much whenever. Advanced being mission rewards. Rare just being difficult to get, I.e random chest loot... and yeah i imagine when unlocked we will then have to pay for it. ("Mission Complete: Robes of Ultimate badassness unlocked in shops")

jayjay275
08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I seriously hope you don't get forced to buy an item of equipment this time. I hated Machiavelli for that in Brotherhood.

RinoTheBouncer
08-21-2014, 12:52 PM
I hope we get to have the “Free money every 20 minutes” thing back.

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I seriously hope you don't get forced to buy an item of equipment this time. I hated Machiavelli for that in Brotherhood.

haha I literally just played that mission 20 minutes ago and got a frown because of it! I loved the look without the spaulders!

jayjay275
08-21-2014, 01:39 PM
haha I literally just played that mission 20 minutes ago and got a frown because of it! I loved the look without the spaulders!

Exactly. Machiavelli is a scapegrace anyway. He told Ezio that he'd meet him at the location of the first Romulus mission (The Halls of Nero), so I thought oh okay, I'll walk there with Machiavelli. At first, I thought he was walking to the destination, but he was going to a completely different place. Never trust him.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:20 PM

I definitely don't.

Gives WAY too much money by the end.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 04:47 PM
I definitely don't.

Gives WAY too much money by the end.

And it's pretty exploitable. You can just leave your game on for an entire day, and you'll be richer than the Templar themselves.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 04:55 PM

I don't. That was a pretty stupid feature IMO. In AC2 it was somewhat passable considering you had to make a special trip back to the villa to claim it, and ain't nobody got time fa dat. But in ACB and ACR you could just stop by a bank every time you passed one and snag some money for nothing. And you didn't even have to play the gee-tar on the MTV.

I think Amancio said you will buy a cafe and that's where the economy system will be at. I have no idea how will this work - will Arno serve a coffee, fresh croissants and baguettes? :p

I can see Arno being a snarky Starbucks barista who deliberately misspells the Templars' names on their coffee cups.

But seriously, I think the cafe-theatre thing is supposed to be the new equivalent of the Homestead. It may or may not tie in to the economic system, but apparently it serves as Arno's home base and when you free other cafes around town, your main one gets new shows, performers, lecturers, etc. At least that's what I think I heard.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I hope for the coffee and the pastries.

Arno throwing bread out the door to the beggars, and then he gets slapped because his mother doesn't want to do it, and then he falls in love with Beggar!Elise and when they're drafted for the event where kids have to fight each other they fall in love.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM

Ugh, please no. One of the most annoying features in the Ezio games were the constant pop-ups: "The bank is full! She cannae take any more, cap'n! Go collect some cash!"

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Ugh, please no. One of the most annoying features in the Ezio games were the constant pop-ups: "The bank is full! She cannae take any more, cap'n! Go collect some cash!"
Edzio

GreySkellig
08-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Okay...so my biggest takeaway from this thread has been: My favorite series now has microtransactions, of which I was unaware, and now I need to go find a hole to scream into.

Seriously though, if Unity fails to deliver on gameplay and story...goodbye, Assassin's Creed. Preorder bonuses, retailer-specific DLC, and now microtransactions? I'm just about done with this.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Okay...so my biggest takeaway from this thread has been: My favorite series now has microtransactions, of which I was unaware, and now I need to go find a hole to scream into.

Seriously though, if Unity fails to deliver on gameplay and story...goodbye, Assassin's Creed. Preorder bonuses, retailer-specific DLC, and now microtransactions? I'm just about done with this.

AC4 had microtransactions in the form of timesaver packs. In multiplayer they've had MTs since AC3. You'll still be able to buy everything with in-game money, MTs are just for people with little patience.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't think we will have renovations.

They said there are 7 districts, each with their own feel, rich, poor etc.

If we just start renovating poor places then they won't be poor... if that makes any sense. If I go to a poor distract, I want to see broken shops, buildings etc.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
AC4 had microtransactions in the form of timesaver packs. In multiplayer they've had MTs since AC3. You'll still be able to buy everything with in-game money, MTs are just for people with little patience.
Wasn't there microtransactions in ACR's MP as well? I feel like I remember being able to use "abstergo credits" to purchase items there too.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:38 PM

The series have always have those. The thing I'm more concerned about are ULCs...

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Pre-Order bonuses aren't anything to get worked up about, its just normally an extra sword or something crappy.
Retailer specific DLC doesnt exist for ACU
Microtransactions shouldnt matter as they only unlock stuff you can get by playing the game. If you had to pay for things you can ONLY get by paying, then it would be a problem

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:54 PM
The series have always have those. The thing I'm more concerned about are ULCs...

At least the MacFarlane figures aren't coming with ULC codes this year. That was a clusterf**k of epic proportions with AC4. Not only were there like half a dozen figures each with their own unique game content, but then they didn't even work on next-gen systems (without any prior indication that this was the case).

Bastiaen
08-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Money is definitely back. Check the 5:50 Mark.

http://youtu.be/xryotcO4zzw?t=5m57s
When he picks the guys pocket, he gets 15 Francs. The important question really is how we earn money, not whether or not it's in the game.

Moultonborough
08-21-2014, 07:41 PM
I thought there was money in the gamescom demo. When he pulled the guard into the haystack, it instantly looted him, and then when Arno jumped out you could see the franks icon floating above him.

Also when he pickpockets the guy for the keys at 6:09.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Of course money is in the game lol, who said it wasnt?

Xstantin
08-21-2014, 08:13 PM
I really do hope weapons and ammo are super expensive though

Hans684
08-21-2014, 08:30 PM
I hope the economy don't involve money :p