PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TEMPLAR!!!

EmbodyingSeven5
08-21-2014, 01:32 AM
hey guys name your favorite Templar. and please if you are set on saying Haytham take a second and name your second favorite as well. mine would be the doctor from AC 1. I thought he really embodied the believes of the Templars by sacrificing few to save many

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Haytham and Garnier de Naplouse (the doctor from AC1). Al Mualim too, but I don't really consider him a Templar since he betrayed them.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Haytham and Garnier de Naplouse (the doctor from AC1). Al Mualim too, but I don't really consider him a Templar since he betrayed them.

thanks for reminding me of is name! :)

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Haytham and Elise and Shay

:P

If we're talking about Templars that aren't practically protagonists...

hmm... Pitcairn.

Stealth Gamer92
08-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Deffinitely Ben from AC4. We think alike he and I. :cool:

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 01:55 AM
HAYTHAM all the way... and CHARLES LEEEE!!!

But seriously... Haytham and Sibrand

And I hope Shay will come on the list. :)

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
Haytham doesn't really have any fair competition TBH. But I really liked William of Montferrat, Thomas Hickey, and especially Pitcairn. He seemed like such a good dude put into an impossible situation. Plus he said the word "madness" really awesomely.

GoldenBoy9999
08-21-2014, 02:04 AM
Haytham and maybe Shay. He looks like he could be very interesting.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 02:24 AM
Haytham doesn't really have any fair competition TBH. But I really liked William of Montferrat, Thomas Hickey, and especially Pitcairn. He seemed like such a good dude put into an impossible situation. Plus he said the word "madness" really awesomely.

I was going to list Hickey too, but I never really consider him to be a Templar. Before he died, he did confess that he didn't care about the "cause" of the Templars and the only reason he hung out with was because they had the money and the power.

And yes, Pitcairn's voice was sooooo lovely :p

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 02:27 AM
I'm Scottish like Pitcairn, y'all ought to hear my sexy accent.

I actually consider Scottish accents pretty unpleasant.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 02:32 AM
Haytham

All other Templars didn't really get much screentime to establish them. I mean, Cesare was a whiny kid and Rodrigo Borgia was hardly around in AC2 and in AC:B he wasn't the main focus. AC:R again didn't have any massive Templar characters... AC4 had Torres but again, didn't really do much, was pretty bland now that I think about it.

AC1 had that Doctor guy, he was most memorable to be cause of how crazy he sounded, not to mention cruel

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Am I the only one who couldn't stand Thomas Hickey? He was just a lazy bum and had as much depth of personality as ACB's villains.

Ureh
08-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Haytham or Maria. They both tried to surprise me.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Haytham and Elise.

Unless Shay turns out to be awesome.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:23 AM
All the Templar in the 18th Century Saga besides Liberation.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Shaythamlise!

king-hailz
08-21-2014, 09:41 AM
I actually think AC1 had the best set of templars out of all of them. Some of the scenes in that game were presented so well it was disturbing like when the first guy you kill is killing that old man!

However Al mualim is my favorite villain so he is my favorite templar!

Kakuzu745
08-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Shahkulu an then Garnier de Naplouse

Megas_Doux
08-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Haytham withoud ANY doubt and then Robert de Sable !!!!!

Ahmet from ACR is cool too, but I chose the former ones because they literally can kick your arse haha.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Haytham withoud ANY doubt and then Robert de Sable !!!!!

Ahmet from ACR is cool too, but I chose the former ones because they literally can kick your arse haha.

Ahmet was a punk, I didn't feel like he was threatening at all. At any point Ezio could have just thrown a knife in his face.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Ahmet was a punk, I didn't feel like he was threatening at all. At any point Ezio could have just thrown a knife in his face.

Ezio screwed up so much with that kill.

jayjay275
08-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Haytham Kenway. Did anyone else get creeped out from how his lips were always wet...?

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Haytham, Haytham, HAYTHAM!!!!

Oh and Al Mualim I guess, mainly because of his amazing beard and voice.

Kaschra
08-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Haytham of course. That guy is a beast. By far my favourite Templar.

I also like Pitcairn, Ben Hornigold and Ahmet a lot. Al Mualim too. And CHARLES LEE

I'm very interested in Elise and Shay, but I can't fully judge them before I played Unity and Rogue.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Am I the only one who couldn't stand Thomas Hickey? He was just a lazy bum and had as much depth of personality as ACB's villains.

But he was a happy lazy bum. That was the point of his character. Connor spent his life doing good and helping everyone, and wound up with nothing. Hickey spent his life chasing tits and getting wasted, and had a good twenty-year run on top of the world. He wasn't supposed to be some deep, philosophical character, he was just to show how unfair Connor's fight was. And how pointless the war was. He was the voice of mindless hedonism.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Haytham Kenway. Did anyone else get creeped out from how his lips were always wet...?

Lol, I thought I was the only one :p

Hans684
08-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Lol, I thought I was the only one :p

He properly has a few outlets.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 07:01 PM
He properly has a few outlets.

Lmao. Ezio reference.

According to Forsaken, he did have a lot of meaningless relationships to keep him... for lack of a better word, satisfied?

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah Haytham it is for me as well I suppose.

GunnerGalactico
08-21-2014, 07:11 PM
My favourite is definitely Haytham (obvious choice), Robert de Sable, John Pitcairn, Benjamin Hornigold and Thomas Hickey (because he's funny).

Hans684
08-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Lmao. Ezio reference.

According to Forsaken, he did have a lot of meaningless relationships to keep him... for lack of a better word, satisfied?

I'm sure Benjamin Franklin can help with that

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 10:25 PM
But he was a happy lazy bum. That was the point of his character. Connor spent his life doing good and helping everyone, and wound up with nothing. Hickey spent his life chasing tits and getting wasted, and had a good twenty-year run on top of the world. He wasn't supposed to be some deep, philosophical character, he was just to show how unfair Connor's fight was. And how pointless the war was. He was the voice of mindless hedonism.

He was still annoying as hell. I don't understand why so many people diss ACB's villains as one-dimensional yet praise Hickey. Cesare's "Guaaaards!!" was annoying but Hickey's greasy "a beer in one hand and a ti**y in the other" wasn't? ACB's the Banker was the voice of mindless hedonism as well but I don't see people saying he was an amazing Templar.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 10:39 PM
That's because Hickey's greasy ''a beer in one hand and a ti**y in the other'' wasn't. He was intended to be the comic relief of the Templar, and he succeeded, while also adding to Connor's development.

SixKeys
08-22-2014, 02:42 AM
When was he ever comical? I must have missed that.

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Hickey was hilariously annoying IMO

He's supposed to be obnoxious.

If you're annoyed, he's doing his job.

Assassin_M
08-22-2014, 02:46 AM
When was he ever comical? I must have missed that.
Odey- who? 'e a new guy?

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 02:46 AM
Odey- who? 'e a new guy?

The greek god you lobc*ck.

Assassin_M
08-22-2014, 02:51 AM
Hickey, first and foremost, had more screen time than the banker so he's more familiar than the banker. Secondly, his presence as a vain character does LOADS for Connor's story. Hickey is a plot device, he's the personification of how Connor is fighting an uphill battle...Hickey chose a simple goal--pleasure, vanity and wealth--he wasted no time thinking about others, only himself--Connor? HIS WHOLE fight is for someone else. That contrast is what makes Hickey so special, especially the following scene too where Putnam calls him a scoundrel and kicks him then Connor stops him and tells him that he's still a man.

The banker did nothing to the plot. It's not about what you are, it's about how relevant to the plot you are.

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 02:59 AM
So I just got a warning for "flaming" M for making that Charles Lee quote response to Hickey's "Ode-who" quote from AC3 :I

I would understand if it was for swearing but...

Edit:

Ah, nevermind. B_W reversed it. Thank goodness >n>

Assassin_M
08-22-2014, 03:01 AM
So I just got a warning for "flaming" M for making that Charles Lee quote response to Hickey's "Ode-who" quote from AC3 :I

Some mod doesnt remember the script of AC III lol.

You can send the mod who gave you the infraction a PM, i'm sure they'll understand.

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Yeah she reversed it when I told her.

It's all good.

Black_Widow9
08-22-2014, 03:03 AM

Edit:

Ah, nevermind. B_W reversed it. Thank goodness >n>
Really? I'm sure you realize this is what PM's are for. You should give me more than two seconds to respond.

Please read over the Rules. If you have an issue with a decision, hashing it out here is not allowed.

Assassin_M
08-22-2014, 03:04 AM
Really? I'm sure you realize this is what PM's are for. You should give me more than two seconds to respond.

Please read over the Rules. If you have an issue with a decision, hashing it out here is not allowed.
I'm sorry.

DumbGamerTag94
08-22-2014, 03:09 AM
My favorite Templar would definitely have to be John Pitcairn

I mean the guys a military commander, devoted to the Templars, loyal, seeking goals for all the right reasons, an all around bad ***, and he's freakin Scottish. Nuff said

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Wasn't aware.

Apologies.

SixKeys
08-22-2014, 03:51 AM
Odey- who? 'e a new guy?

That scene was only (mildly) amusing because of Lee's response. Then again, I'm one of the few people who also find Shaun highly annoying, so maybe I just have a different sense of humor.

Namikaze_17
08-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Haytham is definitely my favorite Templar...

But others I like are: Pitcairn, Robert de Sable, Al Mualim, Prince Ahmet, Garnier, Jubair, and Torres.

Hopefully Shay and Elise can join this list too... ;)

travilanche
08-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Thomas Hickey. Dat white room speech!

jeordievera
08-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Thomas Hickey. Dat white room speech!
"Don't look at me like that! We're different you and I! You are just some blind fool who's always chasing butterflies! Me? Where's I'm a type of guy who likes to have a beer in one hand...and a titty in the other! Thing is boy I can have what I seek, had it even! You? Your hands will always be empty!"
That was very touching! :p
I always wonder how they are able to make so god damn long speaches when dying!

Farlander1991
08-22-2014, 09:29 AM
I think the difference between Hickey and ACB's Templars is:
a) the self-awareness factor (i.e., Hickey himself knows he's not in it for anything but personal pleasure, no philosophical idealism or anything, while some of the ACB Templars are supposed to be something more than that but in reality aren't really)
b) he's the only person like that in the Templar group, providing a contrast, rather than being among others like himself. This contrast also exists to show a point.

Which is why Hickey was received better than the whole lot of ACB Templars, even when, yes, technically speaking he's not deeper or more interesting character-wise than ACB Templars.

Namikaze_17
08-22-2014, 11:09 AM
The Thing I like best about Hickey and Edward
( before becoming an Assassin) is that it provided a deeper insight and perspective on how the "Common Man" sees both Orders, And how Both used them for their personal gain.
( Money, etc.)
( Edward During Assassination Contracts)
"They can sing their songs about mankind and it's troubles. They can make their plans and spring their traps, don't bother me none. They PAID me so I said yes. Didn't care to ask who or how or why. Didn't Care."

Isn't this basically how Hickey and Edward
( Before becoming an Assassin) saw the two sides and their endless war?

Plus I liked what M said about how Hickey is a reflection of Everything Connor is against, and arguably could've been if he chose not to be become an Assassin. And Roberts was the Reflection of everything Edward wishes he could've been and more...of how he could have had everything he wanted, but also have nothing as well.

"A Short life, but a merry one." - if I shall say myself. ;)