PDA

View Full Version : So, what will your Arno be like?

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Although it's been confirmed that you will eventually be able to unlock all the skills in the skill tree, there will obviously be benefits to building a certain type of character according to your playstyle before you can max him out. In co-op the balance is even more important between four players.

Which skills do you think you'll be mainly focusing on? Will your Arno be first and foremost a stealth master, an acrobat or a tank?

I've always been a stealth player myself, but I'm also intrigued by the changes to parkour in ACU. So I'm most interested in an agile, cat-like, stealthy Arno who may be weaker in combat but a pro at dodging pursuers.

I-Like-Pie45
08-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Leroy Jenkins

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:33 AM
he'll be a complete jerkhole who kicks puppies and eats babies

oh, you mean how will I play?

ParkourStealthMan

oh and I'll use a spear

EmbodyingSeven5
08-21-2014, 01:34 AM
half combat skills and half stealth skills

rprkjj
08-21-2014, 01:36 AM
I might tank out just for the lulz. Although I'll probably just pick the most interesting sounding skills. Like ones that give you new abilities instead of stat boosts.

Sigv4rd
08-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Social stealth and lock picking focused, with a knife if possible, alternatively sword...
dressed like the guy to the left of Arno in this image:
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/assassins-creed/ac/CGI_580x350_147284.png

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 01:53 AM
I always naturally gravitate toward stealth, but I think it would be fun to specialize in parkour, buy a rifle, and try and build a sniper archetype. Sneak in, find a high point, take the shot, and GTFO, avoiding close-quarter kills altogether. It's something we've never really been able to do in AC before, so it might be cool just for the novelty.

Other than that, I know I'm going to wear thin, light clothes. None of that bulky medieval-looking armor. And no axes. If I get tired of the sniper thing, it's gonna be spears and rapiers all the way.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 01:57 AM
I suck at combat in games, so I'm gonna go with mastering stealth and parkour :p

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm going to retain as much of the original outfit as I can, and spend most of my sync point on the stealth and parkour branches.

GoldenBoy9999
08-21-2014, 02:02 AM
I'm going with stealth and some parkour to get away when I'm detected.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 02:02 AM
I'm going to retain as much of the original outfit as I can, and spend most of my sync point on the stealth and parkour branches.

It's said that you don't have an "original outfit," as in, the outfit we see in the promotional material isn't the outfit that Arno has at the beginning of the game, it's probably something you can mash together by say.. Sequence 9, I guess.

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 02:07 AM
It's said that you don't have an "original outfit," as in, the outfit we see in the promotional material isn't the outfit that Arno has at the beginning of the game, it's probably something you can mash together by say.. Sequence 9, I guess.

Oh, didn't know that. Well in that case I'll try to get it as close to the promotional/cover art outfit as I can.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Skills - Parkour, and here is why.

I LOVE stealth, hence why I will not be upgrading the ability. I want stealth to be as much of a challenge as possible. Not upgrading the combat cause stealth.

The only reason for Parkour is if I get into crap. So I can flip around and run to safety in a flashy way :D

Namikaze_17
08-21-2014, 02:12 AM
Stealth and Parkour...

Arno isn't a Man of War like Connor...

But his stealth seems the Best since Altair...

So yeah. :)

rprkjj
08-21-2014, 02:16 AM
I always naturally gravitate toward stealth, but I think it would be fun to specialize in parkour, buy a rifle, and try and build a sniper archetype. Sneak in, find a high point, take the shot, and GTFO, avoiding close-quarter kills altogether. It's something we've never really been able to do in AC before, so it might be cool just for the novelty.

Other than that, I know I'm going to wear thin, light clothes. None of that bulky medieval-looking armor. And no axes. If I get tired of the sniper thing, it's gonna be spears and rapiers all the way.

This sniper idea is awesome. It'd be cool if you could actually use the rifles that way.

Xstantin
08-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Stealthy, avoiding any combat unless the game requires it.

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 02:47 AM
I always pick fights... just love taking out guards... but I also like to be stealthy, and parkour... so a little of all three... master of none until the end of the game more than likely.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 02:51 AM
Jack of all trades. Or Arno, rather.

I'm predominantly a stealth man but there's going to be a lot of opportunities for different play-styles. Why not spice it up?

souNdwAve89
08-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Stealthy, avoiding any combat unless the game requires it.

Same. I've been playing that way since AC2. Only time I go all out action is if the game tells me to or after I finish the campaign.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 02:54 AM
This sniper idea is awesome. It'd be cool if you could actually use the rifles that way.

I don't see why not. They already confirmed that you can carry rifles on your back.

HiddenKiller612
08-21-2014, 02:58 AM
I don't see why not. They already confirmed that you can carry rifles on your back.
lol you'd have to run like hell after each shot... every guard in a location will be alerted.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 03:05 AM
lol you'd have to run like hell after each shot... every guard in a location will be alerted.

Silencers. Carry pillows around.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 03:05 AM

That's the idea. The chases in AC1 were one of the highlights of the game.

rickprog
08-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Most people seem to be going with the stealth/parkour mix. Will there really be any variety or complementarity in the end? I'm going that way too, just because it seems to be the unadmitted way to play the game. In any case, I'll try to focus more on the parkour side of things, so that the stealth side is more challenging. And I think I'll pick communal sense in the end, but I'm still not sure about it.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Most people seem to be going with the stealth/parkour mix. Will there really be any variety or complementarity in the end? I'm going that way too, just because it seems to be the unadmitted way to play the game. In any case, I'll try to focus more on the parkour side of things, so that the stealth side is more challenging. And I think I'll pick communal sense in the end, but I'm still not sure about it.

At least we can't break the game by going in loud due to the AMM :D

rickprog
08-21-2014, 03:28 AM
@pac that's true. But at the same time (and yes, I'm speaking about this subject again) if you take the guns blazing approach during a co-op mission, you'll be getting a smaller reward for it, which doesn't really sound like you can play the game the way you want...

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Tank. Hate stealth so I'm picking those skills dead last.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 03:47 AM
@pac that's true. But at the same time (and yes, I'm speaking about this subject again) if you take the guns blazing approach during a co-op mission, you'll be getting a smaller reward for it, which doesn't really sound like you can play the game the way you want...

This is where Optional Objectives are going to annoy me.

I feel like the game is designed to do what you wish to complete a mission, eg. Go loud and not actually fail a mission, but OO's will still be "be stealthly" or some such thing.

Ureh
08-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Gonna have to look at the skill tree and get a feel for the gameplay first. My initial plan is to be a jack of all trades, so I'll level up all of them as evenly as possible.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 04:50 AM
Guns blazing.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 06:03 AM
A combat enthusiast. I always make sure I've mastered the combat, and have exploited everything related in Assassin's Creed.

Matt.mc
08-21-2014, 06:24 AM
If I can do this;
One hidden blade
Phantom blade
Small sword/Dagger

White and red robes.
Stealth gear, but not so sleathy that it becomes easy.
Little armour

Hans684
08-21-2014, 12:25 PM
First I'm going classic stealth, I have not much interest in Resitence(a skill) but I'm going to for the most part put my sync points in Deadly(another skill), Agile(skill) and If I remember corectly Unseen(a stealth skill, what ever it's called in Unity). I'm gonna be a smooth criminal.

Second I'm gonna be semi-stealth sniper. I'm gonna enter the place silent, pull the trigger one the target is in sight and just run to nearers exit and escape, before that I'm always going to clear the floor I'm on(if I'm inside). If not it's going to be a rooftop assassination with a horizon of to escape with. They won't hear me knock, Just the watch result of a pulled trigger and chaos.

Third I'm going to be stealthy sniper, I'm going to use my Phoantom blade as my sniper and walk away. They won't hear a shot, only watch the body drop. It's still gonna clean my floor of guards and the range of the PB isn't that long so it will be tricky but fun.

No interest in combat at all, I'm not gonna be a tank

jayjay275
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I'll prefer to be and look stealthy, but we'll see when the game comes along.

Layytez
08-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Aigle and fast.

rrebe
08-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Stealth focused, guard trolling king of the rooftops who may or may not sometimes trip on his own feet and fall off the roofs into conveniently placed haystacks. It's going to be glorious. But yeah, I'd like to be as stealthy as possible but sometimes be able to cause some mayhem and live to tell the tale.

RealRonaldo09
08-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Nothing is more satisfying than sneaking round a bunch of guards un-detected. But personally, I love killing the guards, I think im going to make arno into a tank, just go straight for the kill!! Thats how i like to play. Only go stealth if the games requires me to.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't know yet, I really like being sneaky but then I usually get detected and end up being chased by bunch of guards. So I will distribute my skill points evenly :)

aL_____eX
08-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Definitely wearing the standard robes. Apart from that, stealthy with a razor-sharp blade.

I'm not interested in huge open combat scenes at all. I hope they improved the stealth experience so much that you're now really able to stay hidden if you're smart and it's not just luck anymore. I love playing TLoU on Survivor/Grounded because it really requires you to act smart and handle your ammo thoughtful.

Locopells
08-21-2014, 02:56 PM
As white and red as I can get him. There are disguises now, for times when traditional Assassin colours make him stand out.

As for skills, max out if I can, so he can do everything, but stealth first.

naumaan
08-21-2014, 03:58 PM
stealth ... parkour .. and all else later

aL_____eX
08-21-2014, 03:59 PM
stealth ... parkour .. and all else later
I read 'and all Elise' later at first. :cool:

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I read 'and all Elise' later at first. :cool:

I'd take parkour then have all of Elise. Need to keep my stamina up.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 04:34 PM
well, if we're gonna talk about what robes we'll be wearing..

Stealth/Parkour/any skills that interest me
Spear
Green clothes that I think look cool.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 04:42 PM
They better have some purple outfits.

I like purple.

Megas_Doux
08-21-2014, 04:43 PM
As sleek as possible, I liked the longer coat better too.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 04:54 PM
The longer coat should be a secret unlockable that has really good stats.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 04:55 PM

I like purple.

Me 2! Purple and Black are my favourite colour combo.

What they should do for the next game, customisation wise, is to be able to use a colour pallete and colour different segments of boots, torso pieces etc.

That way I can make a rainbow assassin

GreySkellig
08-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm going to go with the most historically plausible outfits and weapons. Way too many of the articles of clothing and weaponry I've seen for the game have been from the middle ages, and just not something you could get away with carrying around without looking conspicuous. A 14th century brigandine? A 16th century fouchard? It'd be the modern equivalent of walking around town dressed like an 18th century Parisian. Too attention-grabbing for me to RP satisfactorily.

For weaponry, I've been planning on going the sniper route (rifle) with a parkour/close combat combination for my first playthrough. I don't want the stealth bonuses because I will be trying to make my assassinations as painstaking as possible--I don't want to be able to breeze past a guard, I want it to be work. I want to be able to dispatch guards quickly in (very) small numbers, and escape quickly after I take the shot.

I'm super excited about the ability to carry a rifle. I expended a lot of effort in AC3 bringing rifles into rooftop assassinations. I'm particularly looking forward to being able to take my shot from inside a building, where I can quickly break line of sight and escape out the opposite side.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Me 2! Purple and Black are my favourite colour combo.

What they should do for the next game, customisation wise, is to be able to use a colour pallete and colour different segments of boots, torso pieces etc.

That way I can make a rainbow assassin

They said they didn't do individual item dyes specifically so people couldn't make rainbow Assassins :p Would kind of ruin the immersion for anyone playing co-op with you.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Lots of people seem to be into the sniper idea. Personally I don't see what's so fun about it. In AC4 you could do every assassination contract by sniping the target from afar (with poison or berserk dart) and the mission was over in just a couple of minutes. I find it much more satisfying to sneak past all the guards for a close kill.

jeordievera

I like purple.
You mean like this?
http://partycity5.scene7.com/is/image/PartyCity/_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge?$_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_zoo m$&$product=PartyCity/538371

aL_____eX
The longer coat should be a secret unlockable that has really good stats.
You will have to find the old tailor who lives in the catacombs for nearly 150 years, so that he can make you the long robes.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/f17a1b15fbc75b86073908e652b636a7/tumblr_mmt50ttq8w1s7w3v0o1_500.gif

just follow the 'Esmeraldaaaa' cries!

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:01 PM
They said they didn't do individual item dyes specifically so people couldn't make rainbow Assassins :p Would kind of ruin the immersion for anyone playing co-op with you.

Wha, how would it ruin the immersion?

I think eventually it will go that way though. We can already customise different parts now, so customising colours should be the next step. There are plenty of outfit parts that I like in Unity that I have seen so far, but the preset colours ruin them for me.

Im not talking about LOADS of different colours, just like making a torso have 3 segments, boots having 2 segements etc

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:04 PM

This makes no sense. Why put in lots of customisation options if you're not going to allow the players to make their assassin the way they want? Like I'm gonna care if my co-op partners are dressed like clowns as long as they're good at what they do.

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
On a slightly unrelated note, if the customisation is as extensive as they claim, I wonder if they'll maintain the breadth of options in titles to come. I can imagine it'll be a lot of work designing a myriad of unique outfits for each game.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Lots of people seem to be into the sniper idea. Personally I don't see what's so fun about it. In AC4 you could do every assassination contract by sniping the target from afar (with poison or berserk dart) and the mission was over in just a couple of minutes. I find it much more satisfying to sneak past all the guards for a close kill.

I prefer either sniping or melee kills in most games.

Like the Spy and the Sniper in Team Fortress 2. Although I also loved to play as the Scout and the Engineer in Team Fortress 2.

jeordievera
08-21-2014, 05:08 PM
This makes no sense. Why put in lots of customisation options if you're not going to allow the players to make their assassin the way they want? Like I'm gonna care if my co-op partners are dressed like clowns as long as they're good at what they do.
Because they still want to game be tasteful and serious? It would be silly if there were running pink assassins and nobody noticed..

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:09 PM
You mean like this?
http://partycity5.scene7.com/is/image/PartyCity/_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_badge?$_ml_p2p_pc_carousel_zoo m$&$product=PartyCity/538371

Yes, reminds me of my Saint's Row character. Even if they made a purple pimp suit a $10 DLC I'd buy it.

I was kidding Ubisoft don't take that as encouragement!

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Because they still want to game be tasteful and serious? It would be silly if there were running pink assassins and nobody noticed..

Yeah but it's a game, I don't think anyone will care if there are pink Assassin's running around in Co-Op

GreySkellig
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM

Because in an urban setting you can't just saunter over to your target and shoot him like in AC4, and because with a loud rifle you will attract just as much attention as if you'd air-assassinated the target. It's just a different (and more historically sensible) way of achieving the same results.

And a lot of it is about roleplaying a sniper. Sure, you could maybe just take potshots at all the targets as soon as you see them, but the idea (for me at least) is to carefully survey the surroundings and choose a position, make my way there avoiding or quietly killing guards, line up the perfect shot, and then disappear before any guards can climb to my vantage point. It's a different thrill than the familiar (but still enjoyable) one of stalking and stabbing the target in broad daylight. And nothing's to say I will always play a sniper, or always operate as one even when I am using that build.

Jexx21
Pretty sure that Amancio said something that sounded like each customization item has different color options to choose from, but that doesn't mean that they'll be colors from all spectrums of the rainbow.

jeordievera
Yeah but it's a game, I don't think anyone will care if there are pink Assassin's running around in Co-Op
I do, I would slap them with my hidden blade! :p

Yes, reminds me of my Saint's Row character. Even if they made a purple pimp suit a $10 DLC I'd buy it.
Pimp your Arno

LoyalACFan

Speak for yourself, I know for sure I don't want an Assassin wearing five different pastel colors running around in my game. I don't get your point, so unless you can make your character look like literally anything, customization is pointless? You can still dye your outfits, you just dye the whole thing at once just like in previous games. Except now you can dye any outfit, not just the default Assassin robe.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:12 PM
I might do the sniping thing ONLY if I have to sneak into a good vantage point. Otherwise it seems cheap imo just standing back and shooting.

It's like the contracts in AC4, you could just stand back as far as possible and use a berserk dart on your target. Cheap kill and you get the stealth bonus/

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Speak for yourself, I know for sure I don't want an Assassin wearing five different pastel colors running around in my game. I don't get your point, so unless you can make your character look like literally anything, customization is pointless? You can still dye your outfits, you just dye the whole thing at once just like in previous games. Except now you can dye any outfit, not just the default Assassin robe.

Oh okay, I thought dyes were out completely. It's a bit strange though, considering the browser game (for Europeans) where you could customize Arno allowed you to dye all individual parts of his outfit, from the hood to the belt. Why would they advertise something like that if you weren't able to do it in the game?

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:18 PM
I might do the sniping thing ONLY if I have to sneak into a good vantage point. Otherwise it seems cheap imo just standing back and shooting.

It's like the contracts in AC4, you could just stand back as far as possible and use a berserk dart on your target. Cheap kill and you get the stealth bonus/

AC4 was pretty wide-open though. If you're talking about an urban map with a ton of interiors, sniping is going to be a lot more of a challenge.

Say for instance if you played the Sivert assassination as a sniper. You'd still have to find your way into the church, get to a vantage point, etc. so it would essentially be the same amount of work as setting up an air assassination on him. Plus if you don't feel like using a gun would make sense in any given scenario, you still have your hidden blade, so CQC stealth kills are still an option. Basically all a rifle would do is force you to run away instead of fight if you get caught, which I dig. Makes stealth a lot tenser.

Oh okay, I thought dyes were out completely. It's a bit strange though, considering the browser game (for Europeans) where you could customize Arno allowed you to dye all individual parts of his outfit, from the hood to the belt. Why would they advertise something like that if you weren't able to do it in the game?

We all know how accurate Ubisoft's marketing is to the final product. Just ask stoic, politically neutral, stubble-faced Caucasian Connor.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:18 PM

Preset dyes though.

We already have 4 arnos running around at once. Having 4 pink arno's should ruin the immersion seeing as 4 arnos is "immersion" breaking enough

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:20 PM
The four Arno's all have different faces and outfits from you though... They look like different Assassin's.

ACfan443
08-21-2014, 05:20 PM

You could also change his skin colour.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:22 PM
You could also change his skin colour.

Which makes me think the character creator website was made by a completely disconnected team who had no idea what the game was like.

Jexx21
You could also change Arno's skin color.

That's why Radman thought we could make a black Arno.

pacmanate
The four Arno's all have different faces and outfits from you though... They look like different Assassin's.

So? I know that, doesn't mean they aren't still all Arno. Having a pink, blue, purple and yellow arno shouldnt break immersion

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Maybe Arno has his own solarium in the game.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:25 PM
So? I know that, doesn't mean they aren't still all Arno. Having a pink, blue, purple and yellow arno shouldnt break immersion

Well they don't appear as Arno, they are supposed to be members of the Brotherhood. On the mission, the only one that's supposed to be Arno is you. Therefore it does not break immersion that everyone is technically Arno.

And a rainbow assassin team would look stupid as **** in my opinion so I'm glad they aren't allowing that.

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 05:26 PM
And a rainbow assassin team would look stupid as **** in my opinion so I'm glad they aren't allowing that.

Are you kidding me? It would be hilarious. Power Ranger assassins!

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I want to be a fat Arno.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:28 PM
I want to be a fat Arno.

Don't open that can of worms, this'll turn into another one of those body representation threads

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:28 PM

Nope, it's a four man team.

Power Rangers are normally 3 or 5, but then they usually gain more members later in the series.

TEENAGE MUTANT ASSASSIN TURTLES

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Well they don't appear as Arno, they are supposed to be members of the Brotherhood. On the mission, the only one that's supposed to be Arno is you. Therefore it does not break immersion that everyone is technically Arno.

WHAT. It's a GAME, it's not real. I would think it would be great to have a rainbow league

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Yeah maybe I do need to lighten up a bit...

RAINBOW ASSASSINS FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT!

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:32 PM
WHAT. It's a GAME, it's not real. I would think it would be great to have a rainbow league

it's a game trying to set a tone and a precedent

you can ruin that tone by allowing certain ridiculous things.

barring that, Revelations had some ridiculous color options.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Revelations is the only game that allowed a purple outfit so I forgive it.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:34 PM
it's a game trying to set a tone and a precedent

you can ruin that tone by allowing certain ridiculous things.

barring that, Revelations had some ridiculous color options.

so you're saying that cause its trying to set a tone that it cant break away to allow for random fun things?

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 05:37 PM
so you're saying that cause its trying to set a tone that it cant break away to allow for random fun things?

Meh, only if you're the one breaking away from it. If you're in super-duper hardcore Assassin mode wanting to do some co-op and some purple polka-dotted guy pops up in your tavern, that would be kind of frustrating.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Meh, only if you're the one breaking away from it. If you're in super-duper hardcore Assassin mode wanting to do some co-op and some purple polka-dotted guy pops up in your tavern, that would be kind of hilarious*.

Fixed.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Meh, only if you're the one breaking away from it. If you're in super-duper hardcore Assassin mode wanting to do some co-op and some purple polka-dotted guy pops up in your tavern, that would be kind of frustrating.

Well I wouldn't ever think of doing Unity co-op with randomers anyway.

I would want to do it stealthy, other randomers might hate stealth, might not have a mic, everything would go to **** and we would all be out of sync

SixKeys
08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I can't imagine co-op being immersive anyway. The only way to do it without getting frustrated as hell (if you're going for stealth) is to play with friends, in which case all four of you will probably be talking random crap over the mic anyway. It's hardly going to be immersive when one of your friends starts talking about how they just spilled Mountain Dew all over themselves while you're supposed to pretend to be a band of badass assassins.

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm gonna go for Parkour and then stealth.

I can't imagine co-op being immersive anyway. The only way to do it without getting frustrated as hell (if you're going for stealth) is to play with friends, in which case all four of you will probably be talking random crap over the mic anyway. It's hardly going to be immersive when one of your friends starts talking about how they just spilled Mountain Dew all over themselves while you're supposed to pretend to be a band of badass assassins.

Yeah MP is mostly about goofing around in my experience. I'm kind of sceptical about stealth co-op in general. Played some Monaco with a couple of friends and it was kind of a disaster lol. Stealth requires way more coordination than something like say Borderlands.

Xstantin
08-21-2014, 10:38 PM
It's hardly going to be immersive when one of your friends starts talking about how they just spilled Mountain Dew all over themselves while you're supposed to pretend to be a band of badass assassins.

I doubt anyone will be talking the way the devs were talking for one of these Division's demos, but I'll take it as long as people don't get into 'moar kills for me, gonna wreck you' mentality.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 10:46 PM
I doubt anyone will be talking the way the devs were talking for one of these Division's demos, but I'll take it as long as people don't get into 'moar kills for me, gonna wreck you' mentality.

Thing is with Co-Op, or any team based thing is the team needs to work as a whole. Splinter Cell Blacklist has the best stealth co-op I have ever played, thats what I want from ACU.

DavisP92
08-22-2014, 04:06 AM
So from what i've noticed we can not only customize our characters looks (gear) but we can even place weapons on our body. I saw a picture with an assassin and a sword was on his back rather than on his waist. Also i remember reading there were about 85 weapons in the game, so do any of those include daggers/short-swords since they were taken out of Black Flag? if so I want my Arno to have his dagger on his lower back like Ade had his machete. Gear wise i want one arm exposed (unless they have sleeveless shirts). other than that idk.

Pure navigation and stealth

Matt.mc
08-22-2014, 05:38 AM
Dude if that's true I will be one happy fella.

Matt.mc
08-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Thing is with Co-Op, or any team based thing is the team needs to work as a whole. Splinter Cell Blacklist has the best stealth co-op I have ever played, thats what I want from ACU.

It really is the best! But it's really hard to find a buddy who wants to play exactly like yourself.

maxometer123
08-22-2014, 01:10 PM
So from what i've noticed we can not only customize our characters looks (gear) but we can even place weapons on our body. I saw a picture with an assassin and a sword was on his back rather than on his waist. Also i remember reading there were about 85 weapons in the game, so do any of those include daggers/short-swords since they were taken out of Black Flag? if so I want my Arno to have his dagger on his lower back like Ade had his machete. Gear wise i want one arm exposed (unless they have sleeveless shirts). other than that idk.

Pure navigation and stealth

I know the picture you are talkng about but he is wearing the sword on his back because it is one of those big two hand swords so i think you cant place the weapon where you want .

dimbismp
08-22-2014, 02:38 PM
This is really bad....Every assassin till now had a standard outfit which was identical to him.Plus the outfit shown at the trailers etc was the only one i have seen that is plain and that helps imo to blend.I feel worried because of all these RPG elements.

naumaan
08-22-2014, 04:10 PM
I wish and I can only wish at this point that I can change arno's costumization to a level where his dress is like altair's .. but so far from the looks of it ... it seems not possible

m4r-k7
08-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Parkour is one of my favourite aspects of the game so I will max that first and then get a bit of stealth and combat. Has it actually been confirmed that we can max every pillar?

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 04:15 PM
I wish and I can only wish at this point that I can change arno's costumization to a level where his dress is like altair's .. but so far from the looks of it ... it seems not possible

Amancio said that there will be clothing from past Assassins like Altair which you can unlock in the game.

aL_____eX
08-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Parkour is one of my favourite aspects of the game so I will max that first and then get a bit of stealth and combat. Has it actually been confirmed that we can max every pillar?
Yes, it has been confirmed that you can max every skill. Because only then you'll become a 'Master Assassin'.

SixKeys
08-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Amancio said that there will be clothing from past Assassins like Altair which you can unlock in the game.

They better put some effort into the legacy outfits this time.