PDA

View Full Version : Future Assassin's Creed Games Location & Setting Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Black_Widow9
02-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Since both Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue have now been announced and the settings are known, please use this thread for further speculation.

You can find the previous thread here: Future AC Titles (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424)

Thanks!

drakkar321
02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
ok, so this is my first post just read it and tell me what you think :D Ancient Greece as the next location! It would have tyrants seizing control and fighting against democracy in Athens, then Sparta, who agreed more with two kings ruling them, you would have your Templars from Sparta and your assassins from Athens, the Peloponnesian war between Athens and Sparta would be the focus, set in the 5th century B.C. (a time never visited). Plus back in the time of the Greeks tyrants weren't seen as bad and neither were democratic politicians, this is similar to the way Assassins and Templars have a common goal which is good but controversial methods on either side? The ancient Greeks were fantastic inventors and you could meet people like Socrates and his pupil, Plato!! They could invent things and if they were slightly too advanced for the time it could be said that there isn't any archaeological evidence for them.
Dylan Duke.

Funny, I have been thinking for a while that I would love to see a Spartan Assassin lol. The greatest warriors that ever lived and the period would certainly be unique from any other game. Spartans even believed in order and Athens in freedom, the perfect setting for Templars vs Assassins. However, I should also point out that Ubisoft has said more than once that they are not influenced by player suggestions for the AC locations or time periods lol. They likely already have the locations and time periods already planned out for future AC games. It would be fantastic to see this setting though. Who knows, maybe we will be lucky and it is one of the periods they already have planned lol.

guidomista
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM
ok, so this is my first post just read it and tell me what you think :D Ancient Greece as the next location! It would have tyrants seizing control and fighting against democracy in Athens, then Sparta, who agreed more with two kings ruling them, you would have your Templars from Sparta and your assassins from Athens, the Peloponnesian war between Athens and Sparta would be the focus, set in the 5th century B.C. (a time never visited). Plus back in the time of the Greeks tyrants weren't seen as bad and neither were democratic politicians, this is similar to the way Assassins and Templars have a common goal which is good but controversial methods on either side? The ancient Greeks were fantastic inventors and you could meet people like Socrates and his pupil, Plato!! They could invent things and if they were slightly too advanced for the time it could be said that there isn't any archaeological evidence for them.
Dylan Duke.

...for not mentioning that ancient greek MUST have been a crucial moment in this story....
It's strange you haven't talk about First Civilazation names...
Minerva, Juno, Jupiter... You know... :)

bye

YazX_
02-04-2014, 12:54 AM
it might be but there is still Nikolai the russian assassin who is still not featured in any game and shown in the picture that has all assassins we played with so far, before announcing Liberation HD, i expected it to be Aveline , but since they already released it, the only guy left is Nikolai.

but they might introduce new assassins in AC5 and make a similar game as Liberation to feature Nikolai, this will provide more money milking and seems its the way to go xD

Cornik22
02-04-2014, 03:36 AM
It's going to be China, period. Too many hints to think it's anything else ;)

Fatal-Feit
02-04-2014, 04:24 AM

Wrong... It takes place in Mordor, starring an Assassin name Talion. There was a leaked gameplay demo about a week ago.

...Bloody newbs.

drakkar321
02-04-2014, 09:26 AM

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in China or Japan, but I really hope that it is not either. An Asian setting wouldn't really be anything unique. The one thing that has really set the AC franchise apart from other game franchises, is that they tend to pick fairly unique setting locations. The pirate theme is the only one, that I can think of, that has been seen in another game. There has not really been many pirate games made and certainly not any good ones for a very long time. For the record though, there have been all kinds of hints about many different places.

Locopells
02-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Wrong... It takes place in Mordor, starring an Assassin name Talion. There was a leaked gameplay demo about a week ago.

...Bloody newbs.

Heh!

guidomista
02-04-2014, 02:54 PM

...Bloody newbs.

...yes. And it uses AC2 engine! ^^

ACLexter
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I definitely want to see a setting of Japan or China (Asia), but I bet it will be french revolution

AherasSTRG
02-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I definitely want to see a setting of Japan or China (Asia), but I bet it will be french revolution
I 'd probably go with believing the French Revolution is possible, but I changed my mind recently. There is an achievement in AC Initiates that is called 18th century tourist, which is awarded for completing the stories of ACL, AC3 and AC4. If one of the next games was going to be set during the French Revolution, they would have kept that achievement for when it was released.

As far as Ancient Greece is considered, I believe that an AC game could take place during the Peloponisian War, during the Persian Wars, during the rise of the Macedonian Dynasties or the rise of Thiva. There are dozens of time periods related to significant events in ancient greek history, that characterised by controversial matters. The most controversial of course being the Pelopnisian War. Also, we shouldn't forget that the Roman gods, eg Jupiter, Juno, Minerva etc actually originate from their greek counterparts: Era, Athena, Kronos etc and that Ancient greek culture embodies ideas adopted by both the Templars and the Assassins.

Of course, I highly doubt Ancient Greece to be the setting of the next game. I am nearly convinced that this year, we 'll be sprinting atop of pagodas and trees bloomed with white flowers. At first, I did not like the idea of an AC game set in Asia, mainly because of my fears about the voice acting. AC is a series that tries to capture the hue of the character's origin. Giving a chinese hue to an english sentence does not seem like a very good idea to me. But knowing Ubisoft, the production standards in the voice acting will most likely end up being high as always. Nevertheless, if the game ends up being in a Chinese / Japanese setting, I am only asking for one thing: Dual wielding katanas... forming an X or a / / or a = while on the character's back. Well, if this happens, I am gonna buy every single piece of statuette they create.

ACLexter
02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Okay, let see what will it be.
But I also like Japan/Chinese setting, really. Using katana, even not dual swords, only one.. More stealth features (like crouching) and improve combat system.

Like ubi said, I believe, don't expect naval combat on AC5.

guidomista
02-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Also, we shouldn't forget that the Roman gods, eg Jupiter, Juno, Minerva etc actually originate from their greek counterparts: Era, Athena, Kronos etc
Juno=Era
Minerva=Athena
Jupiter=Zeus (not Kronos, that actually was the father).

I love feudal Japan. I actually studied historical characters and events of Sengoku era (Fighting Countries Era), so I could love a ninja-assassin.
But, as some people say, it wouldn't be so new...
More I think on it and more I like the idea of a Victorian London Assassin's Creed. It has all what it takes for doing a perfect Assassin's Creed. Even the best, if they are smart.
Think about it:
Foggy London, syncronizing on the top of The Big Bang.
Narrow and dark streets.
It's the era of Jack the Ripper, Sherlock Holmes or Arsenio Lupin (even Paris in the same period could be wonderful! Tour Eiffel was build in 1889...).
You have sin and crimes everywhere.
And a lot, A LOT of invention has designed in that period: bicycle, photography, steam engines, cars, first airplanes, telephone, electric light, and so on...
Many of the things we take for granted today were invented during Queen Victoria's reign.
Look at this list: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/homework/victorians/inventiotimeline.html
The politics are in a critic moment. The world is nearing the First World War (THE World War at that time. They couldn't know there will be another one).
That could be a good scenario for the war between templars and assassins.

In conclusion, even if I love feudal japan (maybe more than other hisorical period in the history), at the moment I can't think a better place than Victorian era for the next Assassin's Creed.
Also, Europe and Middle East (Ezio and Altair) give that atmosphere, that ancient feeling, that America or Caribbean island can never give you.
I don't know with misterious and ancient East (China and Japan)...
Maybe it could work...

I only hope they don't choose ancient Egypt. I don't know what can they pull out from that...
... not even Far West.
Enough in AC3, for me...
...IMO...

bye!

AherasSTRG
02-04-2014, 05:06 PM
More stealth features (like crouching) and improve combat system.
More stealth yeah, crouching no.

An idea struck my head just 15 minutes ago, while playing Black Flag. Remember the twitt about the hint to AC5? "Keep looking at the stars" or something like that... Do you remember the following badass guy from the hacked e-mail?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/024/b/d/cowboy_assassin_by_azraellavolpe-d4njino.jpg

Now... if you look closely to the picture:
1. You 'll notice that the guy he just killed wears a star on his coat (sherifs in Far West used to wear stars as a symbol of authority)
2. The assassin's posture follows the same motive that started with AC3's cover art (assassin just killed someone and standing over them)
Also, when we talk about cowboys, we refer to the middle to late 19th century, same time the American Civil War took place. But what was the real dispute in that civil war? The stars... the number of states allied and/or occupied by each warring side. The number of these states was depicted in its army's flag as... stars.

And now, you gonna say: "but hint were four Adeval De el see". And you do get me there...

So, for me, possible locations:
1. China / Japan
2. Egypt
3. Wild West
4. Aztecs / Inkas

AherasSTRG
02-04-2014, 05:09 PM
...syncronizing on the top of The Big Bang
Oh, man, the results are going to be explosive /rofl .

guidomista
02-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Oh, man, the results are going to be explosive /rofl .

...yeah, sure!
It's EXACTLY what I mean!...

...i mean Big Ben, of course! ^^

bye

ACLexter
02-04-2014, 05:34 PM
I dont know if anyone remember, but years ago, there was a offcial debate on ubiworkshop forum about ninja or pirates. so ninjas are really in their list.
maybe its ninjas turn.

J0kerj0nes
02-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I think that guidomista makes an excellent point about Victorian London. I have been thinking the same thing. So MANY possibilities to considder there. I think that the perfect combination would be for the location to be in Victorian Era London and for the Assassin Character to be FEMALE. Yip, that would make it EPIC!

HappyChappy101
07-25-2014, 10:40 AM
When it comes to the end of one Assassin's Creed game, we are always guessing what the nest one will be... So I have created this poll for you guys to vote on which location/setting would be suitable for a future Assassin's Creed game...
If you have any other cool locations which aren't on the poll, please share in the comments!

YazX_
07-25-2014, 01:07 PM
well i believe its a bit early to do this poll now since ACU has not been released yet, i would think such threads might get better attention when they are created after people are done with next AC to be released aka ACU, so maybe in December-January.

xRedMosquitox
08-12-2014, 06:23 PM
It's probably already been said, but I'd like to see the origins of the Assassins, the Templars, and the war between them.

GoldenBoy9999
08-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Who thinks a game in Switzerland would be cool? A mountain setting with new weather and other refined Frontier features.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:09 AM
how is this in any way different from the future AC titles topic

we weren't discussing Rogue and Unity there

Black_Widow9
08-21-2014, 01:40 AM
how is this in any way different from the future AC titles topic

we weren't discussing Rogue and Unity there
It's similar to the progression of the BUWYWL topic.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 01:44 AM
but.. why?

the BUWYWL thread being closed and a new one made after 100 pages is sort of dumb anyway, we only do it because of "tradition."

I just feel like this breaks up the flow of conversation.

rprkjj
08-21-2014, 01:46 AM
I'd honestly like to see an American Civil War AC. I just think it'd be unique, and it would allow Ubisoft to play off the relevant topics like slavery and brother fighting brother, along with some cool tie-in events, battles and historical figures. It could have been what AC3 promised to be. An obvious pick would be China or Egypt just about whenever. I've seen some comments about people wanting an ancient Rome/Greece setting which I originally wasn't fond of, but it's grown on me.

Sigv4rd
08-21-2014, 01:48 AM
16th century Ming China with Shao Jun as the protagonist

Black_Widow9
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
but.. why?

the BUWYWL thread being closed and a new one made after 100 pages is sort of dumb anyway, we only do it because of "tradition."

I just feel like this breaks up the flow of conversation.
There are locations and settings in there that are now in the new games so a fresh one is due. I linked it for reference in case anyone wants to look back at it. ;)

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 02:00 AM
Ok, I guess I'll deal with it :P

Sigv4rd
08-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Tudor England.

DynastyEmpire
08-21-2014, 03:20 AM
So i guess this thread is for future assassin's creed discussion

I really hope ubisoft is done with the 18th century, i'm getting tired of it now.

unity will defiantly be cool though.

So here are my suggestions.

1. First Civilization.

2. Ancient era.

3. Medieval era.

Hell, even Atlantis & the trojan war, along with king Leonidas & king Arthur are welcome, or even Alexander the great time periods too:).

We have too many games in the 18th century, lol.

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-21-2014, 03:38 AM
I'd love to have:

Victorian England
British Raj
1500's China with Shao Jun
American Frontier (Wild West) (this one is a pipe dream, but I'd love it)

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 04:07 AM
My ultimate dream for AC is to have a 2 part series following one protagonist. That covers his dealings during the American Civil War. And then his actions post war in the Wild West and frontier areas(which includes the urban areas of St.Louis, San Francisco, and Chicago).

Following the same character from around 1850 to 1890s or the turn of the century. It would be a really cool adventure. Covering the epic events of the civil war and how it lead to the creation of the "Wild West" and then witness that fade away as outlaws are tamed and native conflicts ended by the turn of the century.

Not to mention all the cool stuff we could get from historical figures and inventors

Get advice from fameous wits like Abe Lincoln and Mark Twain. And gadgets from inventors like Richard Gatling, or Thomas Edison and/or Nikolai Tesla.

It would make for an awesome addition to the series!!!!

I-Like-Pie45
08-21-2014, 05:05 AM
An ambitious next-next-gen game defying conventions and blending genres.

Assassin's Creed: Murdergasm

Three playable open-worlds: A rising phoenix in Ming China, 19th Century America from the Civil War through Reconstruction, and the rise and fall of the Third Reich.

A modern day storyline that ties them all together as the Assassins and Templars unite in a very unique way to finally stop Juno.

Multiple playable characters, and other historical settings waiting in the wings...

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:18 AM
In 2015, we will have Victorian London.
In 2016, one more similar setting to complete the Unity Saga, like usual.
In 2017, it's going to be an entirely new setting that's not as influenced by Europe. A whole new fresh start with new aesthetics, characters, everything from the ground up. Like Imperial China.
In 2018 another similar setting.
In 2019, another similar setting that completes the saga.
In 2020, a whole new fresh start in Egypt with an engine rebuilt from the ground up to suit the next-gen consoles aka the PS5 and Xbox Zero. Modern Day is in virtual reality.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Well I think an AC game in the Great Depression would be hype as ****, but everyone but me would probably hate that so I'll just say something more mainstream.

Ancient Rome would totally be the best thing.

JustPlainQuirky
08-21-2014, 05:38 AM
China
Feudal Japan
American Civil War
Victorian London
Russia
Egypt
India
Spain
Ancient Rome
Modern Day
TOWCB time
Glitchy Animus World
Sci-Fi future (joke DLC)

Sigv4rd
08-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Mughal India

UniteUnderPower
08-21-2014, 07:04 AM
The next current-gen game should be a final Arno sequel set during the Napoleonic Wars with Marsailles and surrounding places as the location. The next(and possibly final?) last-gen game should be a Connor sequel, possibly ending his story. It should feature Davy Crocket and some returning characters from AC3. The locations will be Philadelphia, an upgraded version of the frontier, as well as the homestead with all the upgrades from AC3 already in place plus some new upgrades not yet set. We should also now be able to paint the buildings and have frozen lakes. Naval will be included as well, with various islands to explore. Although I doubt this idea for a last-gen game will happen, so my second option would be Mexico during the time of Cortez with upgraded naval combat. The game will show the fall of the aztecs(or were they mayans?) and feature a tribal assassin as the main playable character. This will bridge the way for Spain as the following current-gen game location.

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Portugal

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Wishlist:
1. Connor/Aveline co-op sequel
2. Eseosa game
3. Shao Jun game in China
4. Russian game
5. Arno/Elise co-op sequel
6. Discovery Remake (not gonna happen :()
7. Bloodlines Remake (also probably not gonna happen)

Kakuzu745
08-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Persian Empire => IDC about Prince of Persia, it can be a very different game
Ancient Egypt => come on we all know it is overdue :D
Ancient Rome =>Just because is such an important setup..and YES I do want more Italy (to be honest the empire was so big that you could travel so such a vast array of locations...north africa, france with gauls, etc...)
Medieval China => Because everyone knows this setup would be badass after seeing the art in deviant
Russia => Just make a Nikolai Orelov game guys...
Spanish conquest in Americas => Imagine being an aztec kicking spanish butts
India => Just because

When it comes to historical setups

Wishlist:
1. Connor/Aveline co-op sequel
4. Russian game
6. Discovery Remake (not gonna happen :()

Your ideas really need to happen like right now! Especially No.1 :)

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Industrial Revolution game with a Scottish Assassin as the main protagonist, with Glasgow and London as the two major cities.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Spanish conquest in Americas => Imagine being an aztec kicking spanish butts

I'd sooo be up for that honestly, now if only we could kill that bastard Cortés it would be perfect, but that won't happen because history is depressing.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Industrial Revolution game with a Scottish Assassin as the main protagonist, with Glasgow and London as the two major cities.

Give me Dublin too and I'm sold.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Give me Dublin too and I'm sold.

*Gives Dublin*

Now if you could just ring up Yves for me and sort something out...

Locopells
08-21-2014, 06:17 PM
English Civil Wars. Soooo much to play with.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 06:23 PM
English Civil Wars. Soooo much to play with.

Use your status as international forum moderator to make it happen :)

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 06:37 PM
I would take the English Civil War over the Victorian era any day.

Megas_Doux
08-21-2014, 06:43 PM
I just want other eras/places:

1 China as my main favorite!!!!!! Anything from the Warring states to the Opium Wars and even the Boxers Rebellion.
2 Ireland, England, Scotland during the Victorian era, or a medieval one like the XIII century.
3 Mughal India.
4 The thirty years war.
5 Spanish Reconquista.

However I am calling for an Arno sequel featuring the Napoleonic Wars, probably set in Germany.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_PLHVQC00

Bloodborne made my hunger for a Victorian setting even stronger.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah it would be awesome to get a Victorian setting in a game that will actually be good.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 06:48 PM

I second that!

Unless they did Victorian era across the ENTIRE British Empire. With London, South Africa, India/Afghanistan, and China). The story would have to take you to all of these problem areas across the empire in an attempt to stop the Templars from dominating the world. The story could be from the 1870s to around 1900. It could make for an awesome epic AC adventure.

But that would be the only way id like Victorian London.

If we are talking England/Britain only as a setting then definitely I would prefer the English civil wars by farrrr

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-21-2014, 06:54 PM
I wouldnt mind an AC game in both of the World Wars. :)

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 06:57 PM
However I am calling for an Arno sequel featuring the Napoleonic Wars, probably set in Germany.

Or the Iberian peninsula man, but the German Confederation or whatever it was called and Austria too would be great, I would particularly like if they included the city of Vienna.

marvelfannumber
08-21-2014, 06:58 PM
I wouldnt mind an AC game in both of the World Wars. :)

I wouldn't mind World War 1, I think that would be alright. But World War 2 is far too overdone, I think it would be way better as a comic or movie perhaps.

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Bloodborne made my hunger for a Victorian setting even stronger.

God, From's monster design is just amazing!!! But yeah, it's a very cool era and it would be interesting to see a "realistic" take on it in form of an AC game.

D.I.D.
08-21-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm going to be very disappointed if the next AC is also about a war, or worse still a civil war or a revolution.

I would like to see a time of relative peace and surface success, visible prosperity, with that wealth causing turmoil and contracted killings behind the scenes. History is full of those periods, and that's when the past's real assassins have been at their busiest. War doesn't facilitate the kinds of stories AC tries to cover, and you could say that the chaos really gets in the way of that. Also, attempting to place your protagonist on either side as the "right" side is trite, and it's not necessarily more sophisticated to have the protagonist sit on the fence either.

If you must have uprisings, there are many that weren't revolutions, and many that appeared to fail at the time. Those are interesting stories too, as much as any revolution. I really think art and culture need to be brought to the forefront, though. Damaged, torn environments are very attractive to a games industry that's been in love with grit and texture for the past 10 years, but now we've got the technology to represent beauty really well, that's what I'd rather explore. The co-op gameplay demo interior was great to see: pretty, shiny and symbolic of something rotten at the same time.

Megas_Doux
08-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Or the Iberian peninsula man, but the German Confederation or whatever it was called and Austria too would be great, I would particularly like if they included the city of Vienna.

That could be an option too!!!

Either way, I think we will get an Arno sequel.....

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm just going to call it now and say that the next game(or possibly with a year gap) will be an Arno sequel covering the Napoleonic Wars. Centered on Eastern Europe. With the main cities being Vienna, Berlin, and Moscow.

This would explain why it would be significant for Arno to be part Austrian. With an Austro mother it can be assumed that Arno can speak German. Making perfect sense for him to go to Austria and Prussia. Since they were allied against Napoleon and many events happened in the Germany/Austria region. I would also expect to cover some of the events in Russia as that would be really cool and Moscow would be an awesome city.

Probably side missions to places like Waterloo, London, Spain/Portugal, Paris, and Elba(where Napoleon was imprisoned) would be included as well.

That is my guess for the most likely upcoming AC game

Sushiglutton
08-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm going to be very disappointed if the next AC is also about a war, or worse still a civil war or a revolution.

I would like to see a time of relative peace and surface success, visible prosperity, with that wealth causing turmoil and contracted killings behind the scenes. History is full of those periods, and that's when the past's real assassins have been at their busiest. War doesn't facilitate the kinds of stories AC tries to cover, and you could say that the chaos really gets in the way of that. Also, attempting to place your protagonist on either side as the "right" side is trite, and it's not necessarily more sophisticated to have the protagonist sit on the fence either.

If you must have uprisings, there are many that weren't revolutions, and many that appeared to fail at the time. Those are interesting stories too, as much as any revolution. I really think art and culture need to be brought to the forefront, though. Damaged, torn environments are very attractive to a games industry that's been in love with grit and texture for the past 10 years, but now we've got the technology to represent beauty really well, that's what I'd rather explore. The co-op gameplay demo interior was great to see: pretty, shiny and symbolic of something rotten at the same time.

Agree a ton with the bolded part, not just for AC, but for games in general. That said I can see why there are gameplay benefits to the violent, chaotic settings, with lots of armed men walking the streets, that Ubi has chosen lately.

Shahkulu101
08-21-2014, 07:22 PM
The Caribbean was a bright and beautiful setting and there was a contrast between the clear seas, beautiful Mayan isles and the poor, sick, and lawless Nassau. Although that wasn't that big of a theme, and the Caribbean lacked any real atmosphere and was pretty empty in terms of people. So they didn't feel like real locations.

rickprog
08-21-2014, 07:23 PM
@DoubleclickTF I agree. That's precisely why I enjoyed Renaissance Italy so much. It was a time of huge cultural and intellectual growth. Of course, the French Revolution was an obvious way to go at some point because of how gameplay development could be presented, but having AC games on times of prosperity usually implies the chance for historical bending to show the Templar/Assassin conflict going on during that period in the classic conspiracy way.

@Bmark94 I know current gen is rather advanced, but it still sounds like what you're proposing is too big of a setting.

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Don't get me wrong, I also prefer time periods instead of specif events like wars.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 07:28 PM

As I have repeated time and again EVERY AC game has taken place during war. And at least strongly referenced it or puts you in it.
AC1: Crusades
AC2: Papal Wars of Italian Unification/Venetian Ottoman War/City State conflicts: ex:Battle of Forli, Papal troops in Florence during the bonfire of the vanities, civil war in Florence during the Pazzi conspiracy, constant updates in Venice's war with Ottomans from criers, etc. There is actually war in AC2
ACB: Cesare's campaigns during the papal conquest of Romania and Napoli. As well as King Louis XII campaign in Italy.
ACR: Civil War in Ottoman Empire between Ahmet and his brother for the throne. As well as Byzantine rebels.
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: Heavy references to the war of Spanish Secession, and the Campaigns by Royal Navies to crack down on Piracy and eradicate the pirate republic of Nassau.
ACFC: the Maroon insurrection
ACL: the Louisiana Rebellion/uprising
ACU: French Rev and war of first coalition.
ACRogue: French and Indian War

So again I don't get what anyone is saying when they say AC needs to go away from wars. That's all it's ever been. When there's great political turmoil there is war always following behind.

Some "peaceful" periods I've heard
Victorian England: Nope wars in the British Empire include the Zulu Wars, Opium Wars, Indian Insurrection, 2 of the 3 Afghan wars, aid to the US civil war Confederacy, Arms race with Germany, etc just to name some.

Wild West: The Indian Wars.

Industrial Revolution: sort of coincides with anything in the Victorian era already listed

ze_topazio
08-21-2014, 07:30 PM
In the past, there was always some war happening in Europe.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 07:38 PM
In the past, there was always some war happening in Europe.

Exactly by some people's rationale that would remove Europe as an option during any time period!

It's very simple due to AC's story nature it has to take place during a time and area where there is a power shift or political turmoil. Unfortunately when you have that it ALWAYS leads to war or conflict be it Civil War, External War, Genocide, Rebellion, or witch hunts like the French Rev.

Large Political change always leads to some level of violence. Thus why Clausewitz famously said "war is politics by another means".

D.I.D.
08-21-2014, 08:48 PM
As I have repeated time and again EVERY AC game has taken place during war. And at least strongly referenced it or puts you in it.
AC1: Crusades
AC2: Papal Wars of Italian Unification/Venetian Ottoman War/City State conflicts: ex:Battle of Forli, Papal troops in Florence during the bonfire of the vanities, civil war in Florence during the Pazzi conspiracy, constant updates in Venice's war with Ottomans from criers, etc. There is actually war in AC2
ACB: Cesare's campaigns during the papal conquest of Romania and Napoli. As well as King Louis XII campaign in Italy.
ACR: Civil War in Ottoman Empire between Ahmet and his brother for the throne. As well as Byzantine rebels.
AC3: American Revolution
AC4: Heavy references to the war of Spanish Secession, and the Campaigns by Royal Navies to crack down on Piracy and eradicate the pirate republic of Nassau.
ACFC: the Maroon insurrection
ACL: the Louisiana Rebellion/uprising
ACU: French Rev and war of first coalition.
ACRogue: French and Indian War

So again I don't get what anyone is saying when they say AC needs to go away from wars. That's all it's ever been. When there's great political turmoil there is war always following behind.

Some "peaceful" periods I've heard
Victorian England: Nope wars in the British Empire include the Zulu Wars, Opium Wars, Indian Insurrection, 2 of the 3 Afghan wars, aid to the US civil war Confederacy, Arms race with Germany, etc just to name some.

Wild West: The Indian Wars.

Industrial Revolution: sort of coincides with anything in the Victorian era already listed

Why would I be tired of wars if I was not aware that AC games have been about wars and revolutions a lot of the time? That's the whole point.

And I said "relative peace", not "peace", and specifically talked about wanting a location that is not itself torn and damaged. So you can have distant war and whatever, that's fine. I want a location where the population is somewhat unaware of movements under the surface. That would be more interesting to me.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Why would I be tired of wars if I was not aware that AC games have been about wars and revolutions a lot of the time? That's the whole point.

And I said "relative peace", not "peace", and specifically talked about wanting a location that is not itself torn and damaged. So you can have distant war and whatever, that's fine. I want a location where the population is somewhat unaware of movements under the surface. That would be more interesting to me.

Then name such a period that doesn't involve war or violence and is historically significant in some way.

And just because of war we don't HAVE to see all cities bombed out or in chaos. Boston was in tact during AC3, AC4 Havana never saw conflict, Rome had war but wasn't bombed out or dilapidated, Florence we saw in war and peace, Venice was untouched, Damascus and Jerusalem showed no sign of damage(save a church tower or mosque her or there), Constantinople was in tact, etc.

Nobody says that you have to have barricades or level half a city to set it during war. Most cities don't get destroyed or see action in war. The COD view of bombed out streets and chaos is more of a later thing that wasn't extremely common in wars until WW1.

Personally I like the contrast of seeing a city in peace and war. For example Florence we saw at peace. But we also saw in chaos during the Pazzi conspiracy, and then even saw it become dark, cluttered, sporadic fighting, and book burnings during the bonfire of the vanities. I thought that was rather cool.

D.I.D.
08-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Then name such a period that doesn't involve war or violence and is historically significant in some way.

And just because of war we don't HAVE to see all cities bombed out or in chaos. Boston was in tact during AC3, AC4 Havana never saw conflict, Rome had war but wasn't bombed out or dilapidated, Florence we saw in war and peace, Venice was untouched, Damascus and Jerusalem showed no sign of damage(save a church tower or mosque her or there), Constantinople was in tact, etc.

Nobody says that you have to have barricades or level half a city to set it during war. Most cities don't get destroyed or see action in war. The COD view of bombed out streets and chaos is more of a later thing that wasn't extremely common in wars until WW1.

Personally I like the contrast of seeing a city in peace and war. For example Florence we saw at peace. But we also saw in chaos during the Pazzi conspiracy, and then even saw it become dark, cluttered, sporadic fighting, and book burnings during the bonfire of the vanities. I thought that was rather cool.

I'm not talking at all with someone as pointlessly angry as you. Last time we had a conversation, you demanded that I apologise for stating that modern Spanish culture owes a big debt to the period of Moorish civilisation, and I had to stop talking to you then too because it was exactly this tedious.

DumbGamerTag94
08-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Well I'm not mad about this if it came across that way. I don't mean to sound angry.

I merely pointed out that every AC game has been set in a War of some kind. Because the no more wars argument comes up a lot here and people Seem to ignore that it always had been a part of AC.

I didn't mean to sound antagonizing or angry. I'm just rather confused.

I just don't see why war in the historical narrative would automatically mean we'd have a bombed out city. AC2, ACB, and ACR are perfect examples of that.

Could you pease explain what kind of periods you mean? Or elaborate on one specifically?

wvstolzing
08-21-2014, 09:51 PM
4 The thirty years war.

If this is so much as hinted at, I'd have to resort to makeshift cryogenics (like Cartman in the 'timechild (Wii)' episode); otherwise I wouldn't have the patience to wait for it.

Me too; though I'd prefer the earlier War of the Roses.

Xstantin
08-21-2014, 09:56 PM
I'd love a game about Victorian England or old Tsarist Russia. Unity has my dream setting though

murmurmur22
08-22-2014, 03:49 AM
I know it doesn't work for a couple hundred reasons (fictional, no descendants to enter an animus), but incorporating the gritty mythology of Game of Thrones could add some fun new elements to AC. The game would veer into GOT history revision, but you'd play as a faceless man, paid by (pick your favorite villain, insert here) to incite and fuel the war of the five kings. You'd have targets from all of the major houses, and eventually you're tasked with killing Daenerys and her dragons. As you travel westeros, and eventually the free cities, you'd learn more about your employer, and the white walker threat. End of game you can either choose to fight Daenerys & dragons (side with employer), or join her and fight white walkers in the north (betray employer). Prospect of two entirely different battles (ice or fire) would add replay value. So much to do here you could easily make a trilogy of games.

I know other people have toyed around with this idea, but I just heard about it today and want to know what other people think. I think it'd be incredible. Faceless men are assassin's, with their own creed, and GOT is desperately needing a quality video game. It would be a refreshing new take on AC, and it would give GOT fans a more immersive view of their favorite places.

JustPlainQuirky
08-22-2014, 03:50 AM
u w0t m8?

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 09:44 AM
No thanks. I've had enough crossovers in my MMO/RPGs to last a life time.

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 09:50 AM
^ I think I'll pass, thanks. No crossovers please!

HiddenKiller612
08-22-2014, 09:54 AM
I'd rather see a cross between batman and assassin's creed... :D

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 09:58 AM
I'd rather see a cross between batman and assassin's creed... :D

Now, that crossover will work :D

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 10:30 AM

I dig it. But only if it's a costume in Rogue.

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I dig it. But only if it's a costume in Rogue.

Yes, why not!? :p

I also think that The Witcher would also be a nice crossover. You could use Geralt's armour or weapons.

jayjay275
08-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Medieval England.

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2014, 10:46 AM
The Witcher would be perfect for Rogue. lul

I'll take an easteregg if that doesn't happen.

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
The Witcher would be perfect for Rogue. lul

I'll take an easteregg if that doesn't happen.

Of course, The Witcher had an Assassin easter egg after all

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/703986001756348976/35F4FAF118BBB2FE40A31E5319CB3EEAEFEF82D6/1024x575.resizedimage

True_Assassin92
08-22-2014, 11:04 AM
I would like to see the Spanish Reconquista, 100 years' wars, Ancient Rome or China medieval times.

rob.davies2014
08-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Victorian London, Medieval Prague (or any period, we just need to have Prague in some form!), Ancient Mesopotamia (Babylon/Assyria etc)

Hans684
08-22-2014, 02:17 PM

It would be Batman agains the political criminals(Templars) and criminals(Assassins), we all know Batman always win so their war will end fast.

Democrito_71
08-22-2014, 09:53 PM
The Thirty years war 1618-1648 AD:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

A total seamless open world Germany and a part of the Czech republic. The main cities I would suggest are Prague, Heidelberg, Magdenburg and Berlin, several smaller cities, villages in good shape/ruined villages and castles in good shape/ruined castles. Untouched wilderness but not the same as AC 3 where it was impossible to ride horses but more opened area so you can transport yourself faster on horse and then you come too areas like thick forests for example where you obviously can't ride your'e horse, you have to free run through the forests. And I would love if Ubi included the huge mountain ranges in Germany http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountains_of_Germany

Events that occurred during in the Thirty years war

1618 The Defenestration of Prague

1619 Protestant Bohemia refuses to offer the crown to the Emperor Ferdinand II. The Emperor defeats the Bohemians and imposes the Catholic religion.

1623 Protestant states go to war against the Emperor. Wallenstein leads the Emperor’s victorious army.

1624 Protestant Dutch join the conflict closely followed by Catholic Spain.

1625 The Protestant Danish army moves into imperial territory to try to stop Wallenstein. The Danes are unsuccessful and give up their effort in 1629.

1630 The Protestant Swedish Army, financed by Catholic France, moves into imperial territory. Gustavus Aldolphus leads his troops in many victories.

1631 The Battle of Breitenfield (a Swedish Victory)

1632 The Battle of Lüten (another Swedish victory) Gustavus Aldolphus is killed in battle.

1633 Battle of Steinan (an imperial victory)

1634 Arrest and murder of Wallenstein

1635 Catholic France finances Protestant Holland as well as Sweden in the war. French troops are sent into battle against Imperial troops.

1639 Catholic Spain loses control of the Atlantic sea route.

1643 Spanish army defeated by French at Rocroi.

1648 Emperor capitulates: Treaty of Westphalia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague 1618

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_White_Mountain 1620

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Heidelberg_(1622) 1622

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lutter 1626

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Magdeburg 1631

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Breitenfeld_(1631) 1631

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lützen_(1632) 1632

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rocroi 1643

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Prague_(1648) 1648

GoldenBoy9999
08-22-2014, 11:06 PM
^ That's pretty much the same thing I want. I want some mountains in AC! I wonder if they could make them meaningful to gameplay besides a hill to climb like regular flat land.

aL_____eX
08-22-2014, 11:10 PM
^ That's pretty much the same thing I want. I want some mountains in AC! I wonder if they could make them meaningful to gameplay besides a hill to climb like regular flat land.
That's why I want China/India/Tibet one day. Just imagine a TWCB vault in the snowy mountains of the Himalaya which can only be reached by climbing and travelling through snow storms. But since we're getting pretty much this in Far Cry 4, it's not a big deal for AC atm.

UniteUnderPower
08-23-2014, 06:20 AM
You people must think the current-gen consoles are some kind of advanced alien technology...

JefTheReaper
08-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately I'm not sure where the actual suggestion box is, so I decided to just drop the idea here and hope it gets read, even if not, I still got my idea out here.

Just in case if a future Assassin's Creed game goes taking place in the events of the first world war,
It would be amazing if the assassin's group that is in the game would be of multiple country's, rather then just one, to put more depth in "even tough we are from different places, together we stand as one" theme.
something usually the assassins are a lead runner in.

mainly my suggestion is also more of a question,
rather then, "if there will be a AC game based on the events the the first world war, will the events of 1914: Battle of Mons, be added to the story?"

It would make a great event for the Assassin's
Note that this is just a raw suggestion on my part, tough it would be amazing it if could happen as AC always had a way of making historical events look more amazing by adjusting them towards myths.

in this time there existed a large myth that the British soldiers who were heavenly outmatched by the German troops invading.
for the Assassins (in theory) this could mean a problematic moment if they were trying to defend the place that was being attacked along with the British soldiers who were heavenly outmatched in both numbers and weaponry.
along with that a Templar general that would not leave the camps behind the front lines they had to assassinate.

Giving one of the more theatrical Assassin leaders a plan,
a plan that would solve all problems at ones,
to boost the moral of the British soldiers,
demotivate the German soldiers,
and would clear a path towards the Templar general.

during a set amount of time while the attack was going on (or before depending on how much info they had on the plans of the German soldiers)
they would gather enough things made out of or containing Magnesium, and wrap it in packages soaked in old tied up on the point of a arrowhead,
(or arrowheads made out of or coated in Magnesium, with oil soaked over it, Unfortunately I'm not very sure what type of usage of Magnesium would produce the best white flame effects, nor it it would even be possible, but the idea is quite all right)

when morning was about to come and the entire battle field was surrounded by thick fog, they would gather up on the building rooftops of location, with there backs facing the rising sun, in front of them the battle field.
the lead assassin (the player character) would stand on top of the tallest building with a glider on back (somewhat like Leonardo's machine from the past games, but a more modern version, smaller)
they would then lit the oil packages on there arrows, the Magnesium turning the flames into a white color.

in the eyes of the soldiers, the rising sun in the fog would look like a divine light, the shades of the assassins with flaming arrows would look like mysterious figures aiding them, the assassin on top of the largest building would look like a Angel due to the glider on his back looking like wings,

when shooting the barrage of flaming arrows the Germans would face a wall of fire, severely pushing them back, the sight of "angels" demoralizing them, and routing up the troops of British soldiers, convinced a divine force was aiding them.

the flaming arrows would serve 3 purposes:
1 the flames would burn the arrows away, leaving no evidence of arrows being shot after the battle, feeding the mysterious event even more.
2 the white flames due to the Magnesium in the bags would give a divine looking white flame for a short while, making it look as if the flames were unearthly.
3 the fire's that would start over the battle field would give the lead assassin with his glider the perfect heated air to "fly" towards the back of the battlefield, to descend out of the sky, and at the last moment let go of the glider to air assassinate the Templar General.

The traditional Assassin robes being mostly white also helps to add to the myth. In the fog, it would look like mysterious white dressed beings would be standing/floating in the sky, as they shot a barrage of mystic flaming arrows, along with a mysterious winged angel flying over the battlefield.

Obviously this would not be fully historically correct, but considering its based on a myth it would make it a very interesting chapter to play true, the idea was based on the painting "Les Angles de Mons"

GeniepantsV1
08-23-2014, 04:16 PM
An idea I've had for awhile (and was briefly mentioned by someone in this thread a few pages back) would include the Civil War and the Wild West. I'd suggest starting before the actual Civil War itself. The main character discovers that Templars are on both sides and start the war so that they can destabilize America enough where they can swoop in and take over. (I know it sounds a lot like Darth Sidious' plot in the Star Wars prequels) Once the war starts, the Assassin tracks down Templars on both sides, protects certain major characters (Grant, Lincoln, etc), frees slaves, etc. Eventually, the war ends. The hero fails to protect Lincoln from a Templar agent, i.e. John Wilkes Booth, but tracks down Booth's employer and takes him/them out to finish the game.
This hero can then be in another game detailing the Reconstruction, westward expansion, etc. I don't have any particular plots in mind for this one, but it seems an obvious progression. Certain historical figures can factor in, like Wild Bill Hicock, Buffalo Bill, Billy the Kid.... jeez, that's a lot of Bills. But you guys get the point.
And since several people have mentioned Victorian England, it's not hard to imagine this same Assassin playing some kind of role, either leading or supporting character, of a game in this setting.

SlyTrooper
08-23-2014, 10:34 PM
I want an Arno sequel, but I also want AC to go back further in time. A game with this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_of_Cassingham), this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hattori_Hanz%C5%8D), or this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Fitzwalter) would be quite cool. Keep in mind that these characters are actually canon as of now. Ubi hasn't said that they aren't, & they don't conflict with the established lore, so they exist in the AC universe.

Megas_Doux
08-23-2014, 11:14 PM
I want an Arno sequel, but I also want AC to go back further in time. A game with this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/William_of_Cassingham), this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hattori_Hanz%C5%8D), or this guy (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Fitzwalter) would be quite cool. Keep in mind that .

There goes one of my favorite settings, England during the XIII century.....

I-Like-Pie45
08-23-2014, 11:19 PM
All of those were historical figures so none of them would be the actual character you'd play as.

SlyTrooper
08-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Just expanding on my idea:
- If we have a game about William, you can see his main weapon is the bow. This would allow for gameplay to be changed up. I know Connor had a bow, but because AC3 was based more around melee combat it was rarely useful. Now that Unity has made stealth the main approach, the bow could become very useful.
- Customisation would be just as important as in ACU, if not more. Camouflage could be implemented in the place of dyes for a more gameplay centered impact. We could change our camo based on where the target we're after is e.g. grey camo for rocky areas or green camo for grassy areas.
- Weak points could be given to the AI so that the bow could be used to injure instead of kill. For example, we could shoot an enemy in the leg & then interrogate him for information.
- To go with the weak points, they could bring back hunting. It could be given more importance by making money hard to come by - money would be needed for arrows, other consumables & for getting info about missions. Hunting would also be more fun with the new stealth & customisation. Maybe they could add a mechanic that would allow us to mask our scent.
- Eagle sense could be improved, allowing us to see the weak points by upgrading it & allowing us to track animals, which will be hard to hunt without preperation. This could also allow him to hear AIs in the forest, giving us a notification to use our eagle sense to see where they are coming from (a more improved version of what is in Rogue). For example, there could be large groups of soldiers coming towards him that he needs to hide from or sneak up on.
- The frontier would be more immersive, with lots of smart animals that run away if they smell or hear you, hunters trying to find something to kill, soldiers (because of the civil war), convoys, & outlaws that will try & rob you & others on the road or if they find you in the forest.
- They could adapt the new parkour for climbing trees, as I'm sure there would be a lot of forests in England around this time. They could make it so we can climb any tree without needing to start at a specific point. Maybe they could even give William the ability to tie a rope around himself if there are no branches to stand on, allowing him to shoot his bow.
- There could be large battles like we were promised in AC3 that happen naturally & we can join in with to fight for King John.
- Weather & seasons could be improved for more of a gameplay impact. Rain could make visibility harder for you & the enemy, fog would do the same, snow would allow for better camo (as long as you wear the correct colours). Maybe there could even be forest fires.
- Cities could be in the same map as the frontier, maybe with all buildings being enterable. Inns would be in these cities where you can hear news about events elsewhere, giving us leads to follow & objectives in our quest log; think like Skyrim.
- There could be many small villages in the frontier; much more than in AC3. These could allow for trading, with different people paying different amounts for your goods. Random events would happen in these villages, such as fires or attacks by soldiers & criminals alike. Side-missions could also be obtained there, with some being random & some being more story-central. These random missions would allow for more ways to make money (although you wouldn't get much) & more assassinations for us to do. One mission could involve killing a gang who raided them.

This is all I've thought of for now. What do you guys think of these ideas? Would you play this game?

GoldenBoy9999
08-24-2014, 08:09 AM
^ That's one of the best ideas I've heard. I'm always wanting a good Frontier and this one sounds awesome. Maybe it'd be the AC3 that everyone wanted.

killzab
08-24-2014, 08:13 AM
All of those were historical figures so none of them would be the actual character you'd play as.

I hope ubisoft is not stupid enough to waste all these great settings on a crappy mobile card game

CoachAssassin
08-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Assassins Creed in New Orleans early 20th century. Oh god, the culture. <3

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 10:51 AM
I hope ubisoft is not stupid enough to waste all these great settings on a crappy mobile card game

Maybe these are hints towards future settings?

Locopells
08-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Assassins Creed in New Orleans early 20th century. Oh god, the culture. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYq-l8ytdto

Sorry, it just popped into my head...

Fatal-Feit
08-24-2014, 11:29 AM
^ ^ ^

Would I be racist if I think she looks a lot like Aveline?

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 11:30 AM
^ ^ ^

Would I be racist if I think she looks a lot like Aveline?
Indeed ... she looks like Aveline :eek:

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2014, 01:54 PM
I really wish we get to have a game set during the time of the Sumerian civilization which is known today as Iraq. It’s very rich, detailed, beautiful and full of mysteries that can be linked to the First Civilization and the mythology of the franchise. If you can remember, in ACII and the very beginning of ACB, there are Sumerian numerals on the walls of the chamber where we speak to Minerva, which means there are certain links to that civilization as well, especially that it’s commonly known for it’s links to Ancient Astronauts theories that were the inspiration of the First Civilization mythology.

I really hope to see something like that happening. I mean throughout the past few games, we’ve been advancing forward in time with bigger weapons and more detailed environments, thanks to the improving graphics and systems, but how about we go to some period where we rely more on skill than weapons and witness the scenery of a beautiful, advanced civilization that is considered to be the real life first advanced civilization that is rarely seen in movies or video games, if at all.

I’m sure it will be a very original move and everybody will want to see how that era looked like and though we don’t know very much about it, which may lead to a large part of it relying on fiction, I believe that a good story is a good story whether it’s real or fiction and I’m pretty sure this era could be a very promising new direction to the franchise.

If you wanna see some artworks showing what Sumer looked like, please see this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817874-Do-You-Want-A-Sumerian-Setting-for-ACV-Spoilers-Forums

However, regarding speculations rather than wishes, I expect the next game to be set in Victorian England or in England in general during any period/era. My second guess would be China or Japan since everybody’s been screaming for this since day 1 or maybe Russia or Germany.

I really hope they do consider the Sumerian or Ancient Egyptian idea for an AC game or perhaps any game set during the Golden Islamic Age or The Arab lands under Ottoman rule which lasted for 400 years, not to mention the Arab Revolt which ended it. That latter does take place between 1916-1918 but it’s still historical to me, like Nikolai’s story was set around that time as well and it was really good.

I’m sure anything set in Arabia will be amazing. It’s been so long sine AC1 and it was in no way defining of the entire arab culture, architecture and history as the “Arab World” is more of a continent than just a few countries and the cultures vary across time and from one country to another, basically like how France is different from Germany and how those are different from Spain, Italy, Albania and Sweden..etc.

Goxxi
08-24-2014, 03:34 PM
I could bet in 20 Euros that after the Unity the next Assassin's Creed game will be taking a place during the Napoleonic wars.

The settings which I would really like to see are :

- South American wars for independence (1809-1830)

- Colonial Brasil (maybe the best period would the the 19. century)

- Africa and old African empires like Mali Empire with capitol of Niani , Ashanti Empire, Ghana Empire, Abisinia, Nubia............etc

- October's Revolution and civil war in Russia (1917 - 1922) beetwen Red Army and White Army.

- Franco - Prussian war (1870-1871)

- China during the Opium wars

Although maybe some settings like medieval England , 100 years war ........etc , sounds intresting I , am not a big fan of them couse in that period architecture and infrastructure were very poor , were not a developed cities , tall buildings,,,,,etc and practically we would have only frontier ,woods and some villages.

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2014, 03:38 PM
I could bet in 20 Euros that after the Unity the next Assassin's Creed game will be taking a place during the Napoleonic wars.

It could be really interesting to see them use Napoleon as an excuse to take the game to Egypt.

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 08:00 PM
With the new leaks, of which I'm not going to go into, I actually would quite like a game set in the early 20th century in America. Although I do want to see a setting go further back in the past, I also feel that the changes in Unity allow them to go anywhere without spoiling the gameplay. Even with the introduction of more modern guns, it wouldn't change how the game is played for the most part; we would still play stealthily. They could introduce gunplay as one part of combat, but melee combat could still be included through ambushes & through the use of bombs. For example, we could use a smoke bomb to blind enemies & then run in & disarm all of them, or Ubi could invent some kind of bomb that releases a gas that stops guns from working. This would allow for more traditional combat. It wouldn't likely be with swords, instead with fists or maybe a knife. If the player did decided to use guns, they would have to use flanking techniques or bombs to be able to survive. They could make it so that we can only take a couple of bullets unless we buy some padding - similar to how we can choose to wear armour for combat in Unity.

The game could be set in a period where there are no major wars going on, meaning that there aren't a lot of people carrying guns i.e. soldiers. It could be set in the 1920s in Chicago during the prohibition era, meaning that the mafia would have a heavy influence & could be the main enemies. Maybe this could have an Assassin civil war story, with some of the Assassins joining criminal organisations as a direct way to oppose the Templars? We could play as an Assassin trying to stop them because they are contradicting the creed.

Is this a terrible idea or is it better than my last one?

marvelfannumber
08-24-2014, 08:09 PM
@Sly

Well an AC game set in 1930's New York, Chicago and Philadelphia would literaly be my dream AC so yeah I think I can agree on this one.

Not but seriously that would be the best thing ever! (to me atleast)

I mean come on guys, you gotta admit this would be the best thing to climb evarz:

http://i.imgur.com/dOyALOc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DfzNEV1.jpg

Especially dat last one! I....I just want to be there alright! I JUST WANNA CLIMB DAT!

And I don't care that they have used NY twice ok, that NY is completely different and is not fun so don't u be tellin' me dat!

DumbGamerTag94
08-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Eh 1900s America while it would be awesome to look at and climb. I just don't see any room for story or how the mob fits in with the Assassin Templar war. They're way too brutal and anti average joe to be Assassins, and they disturb political order and power(which is the Templar wheel house). So they would be natural enemies for both sides. And with nothing else really going on in the US at that time besides the Depression. So I don't see much room for story there really. I mean there could be the whole Anti-Wall St. anti banks and Business angle of that time. But really that angle is FARRRRR better explored in the 1870s-1890s. I mean there's also the anti Communits and anarchists movement like the Palmer raids of the 1920s too. But again that plot is also better in the 1870s to 1890s period as they were responsible for bombings in Chicago and the assassination of two presidents(Garfield and McKinley) during that time.

So if they do the US again the Wild West including Cities of Chicago, St. Louis, and San Francisco from 1870-1899would be far better in terms of story and history. Sure you wouldn't have the Mafia but there's Outlaw gangs which were basically the same thing but less sophisticated. I just feel it makes more sense. And a lot of beautiful tall buildings were around in cities by the 1870s and 80s so it would be simmilar to the pics you've shown minus the modern Art Deco buildings like the Empire State and Chrysler style buildings.

Also West is a lot less covered by games

Good Mafia Games last gen:
Mafia
Mafia 2
The Godfather
The Godfather 2
Scarface
Omerta
A large portion of GTA 4
Also not last gen but GTA Vice City is heavy mob influnced

Good Wild West games:
Red Dead Redeption
And the somewhat decent call of Juarez series(the first 2) but they were FPS and not open world
And................. Yeah that's about it

There was also GUN and the previous gen had Red Dead Revolver.....but those were rather sucky

marvelfannumber
08-24-2014, 08:58 PM
@Bmark
Well apperantly Abstergo was founded in 1936, so the story could revolve around some type of large Assassin/Templar conflict during that time.

Plus the wild west would be kinda....meh. There would be barely any buildings to climb you know. I mean like you said it could be in Chicago and St. Louis, but then it wouldn't really be the WILD west would it?

Plus, have you seen US cities during the 1870's? They're kinda flat honestly.

http://i.imgur.com/FLZafXn.jpg

As said, if they were to do the early 20th century I think I would rather have this:

http://i.imgur.com/haVJYIt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1ZQd9S9.jpg

I believe the pictures speak for themselves.

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2014, 09:29 PM
@Bmark
Well apperantly Abstergo was founded in 1936, so the story could revolve around some type of large Assassin/Templar conflict during that time.

Plus the wild west would be kinda....meh. There would be barely any buildings to climb you know. I mean like you said it could be in Chicago and St. Louis, but then it wouldn't really be the WILD west would it?

Plus, have you seen US cities during the 1870's? They're kinda flat honestly.

http://i.imgur.com/FLZafXn.jpg

As said, if they were to do the early 20th century I think I would rather have this:

http://i.imgur.com/haVJYIt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1ZQd9S9.jpg

I believe the pictures speak for themselves.

I think the US in the early 20th century would be the only condition that I’d wish to see the US again in an AC game. It will be totally different cause everything looks modern compared to the past, yet it’s very historical compared to present day. I mean let’s look at a simple example, 15 years ago, we used to save games on memory cards, play games as characters that only move their heads to indicate that they’re speaking and now we complain about anti-aliasing, hair and plants of photo realistic video games, so it’s clear how much the world has moved forward in one sector which is video gaming, imagine the comparison between the technology, life, people, fashion and everything on the scale of a 100 years or so.

I think anything in the early 20th century or even in the 40’s and 50s would still count as history and works for an AC game. I mean you need high buildings, you need assassinations, parkour skills and a good story. All that can be present in any era including the 20th century USA.

DumbGamerTag94
08-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Well here's San Francisco circa 1870s
http://www.sturm.to/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/elemanuel-1-big-3a28380u.jpg

And here's the downtown area in 1880
http://www.sfimages.com/images/History/400/sf_market_5th_v_east_1880_400.jpg

Here's Chicago:
1880s:
http://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/media/Image/landmark/photos/Chicago-1889.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xfYcjlKEL.jpg

And here's another from 1880s-90s
http://faculty.umf.maine.edu/walter.sargent/public.www/web%20104/Chicago%20c.jpg

And 1870s(granted this is Washington DC but represents an average downtown of the Era)
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/business/800px-Washington_DC_Newspaper_Row,_1874.jpg

The 1870s buildings are maxing out around 10+stories
1880s we see in pics going 20+
1890s maybe 30+

It isn't that flat. Even that picture you used of Chicago(granted it's very early 1870s) only looks low and flat because many of those buildings are also taller. Around 8+ stories. So while there's no super skyscrapers like the 1900s they would still if in game be the tallest cities and buildings of AC so far.

The majority of the game I proposed would be during the 1880s anyway not to mention near the end it would be well into the 1890s

Also it's a very big misconception that the Wild West was in the desert. That's from watching too many movies. Actually a Lot of the actual events of the west happened in the plains, Rockey Mountains, and California countryside(Sierra Nevada mts, Redwood forests, Gold mines). So there would be the cities for industrial political stuff and anarchist/communist stuff. The frontier(with areas representing the plains(full of railroad towns and ranches) Rockies(Full of railroad and mine towns) full of events around the Indian wars, and desert(with canyons, and rock formations as well as the iconic small boom towns). All 3 regions would also cover stories involving outlaws n such. So while one region could be slightly not so great for parkour others could be great and the not so good one could be more story and mini game rich.

I mean the Chicago worlds fair, Indian wars, outlaws, workers riots, corrupt gov, corrupt business, anarchists, bombings, etc it would be pretty rich in history.

Not to mention all the fun. Gunfights with outlaws in the frontier, drinking and fighting at the OK corral, riding with Jesse James and hitting a train for cash, helping the Indians during the war, blasting a tunnel through the Rockies to get to San Fran and unlock that city, gambling on a River boat in St. Louis, mining for gold and dealing with corrupt officials in California/San Fran. There's so much to see and do. The Wild West was so much more than just dusty one street towns with two dirty guys shooting at eachother, sure there was some of that too but there's SOOOO MUCH MORE people don't know/don't typically think about.

It would make for a great game.

Also as for the 20th cent. Those skyscrapers look cool and all but are very impractical for AC. The shear size of 100+ floors would take an hour just to climb. And then where can you parkour to? Those huge buildings are several blocks apart so you really can't just hop to the next one without climbing down. Also there WAYYY too tall to even suspend disbelief for a leap of faith.
I feel there may be such a thing as being too tall to be practical for AC style parkour. Those towers are very overrated from an AC sense as they wouldn't be practical. So you are actually better off with the smaller(but still tall compared to other ACs) buildings of the late 19th century from a practicality standpoint.

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Eh 1900s America while it would be awesome to look at and climb. I just don't see any room for story or how the mob fits in with the Assassin Templar war. They're way too brutal and anti average joe to be Assassins, and they disturb political order and power(which is the Templar wheel house). So they would be natural enemies for both sides. And with nothing else really going on in the US at that time besides the Depression. So I don't see much room for story there really. I mean there could be the whole Anti-Wall St. anti banks and Business angle of that time. But really that angle is FARRRRR better explored in the 1870s-1890s. I mean there's also the anti Communits and anarchists movement like the Palmer raids of the 1920s too. But again that plot is also better in the 1870s to 1890s period as they were responsible for bombings in Chicago and the assassination of two presidents(Garfield and McKinley) during that time.

So if they do the US again the Wild West including Cities of Chicago, St. Louis, and San Francisco from 1870-1899would be far better in terms of story and history. Sure you wouldn't have the Mafia but there's Outlaw gangs which were basically the same thing but less sophisticated. I just feel it makes more sense. And a lot of beautiful tall buildings were around in cities by the 1870s and 80s so it would be simmilar to the pics you've shown minus the modern Art Deco buildings like the Empire State and Chrysler style buildings.

Also West is a lot less covered by games

Good Mafia Games last gen:
Mafia
Mafia 2
The Godfather
The Godfather 2
Scarface
Omerta
A large portion of GTA 4
Also not last gen but GTA Vice City is heavy mob influnced

Good Wild West games:
Red Dead Redeption
And the somewhat decent call of Juarez series(the first 2) but they were FPS and not open world
And................. Yeah that's about it

There was also GUN and the previous gen had Red Dead Revolver.....but those were rather sucky

Like I said: The story could be about an Assassin civil war. Some of the Assassins took over the mob as a way to combat the Templars more directly. They try to get into politics to remove the Templars from power. However, they go against the creed by hurting civilians. They see that as the lesser of two evils, as it allows them to grow in power to defeat the Templars. But not all the Assassins accept this & they go to war. Maybe this group of Assassins could join with the Templars to combat the corrupt Assassins?

You see? There are plenty of interesting stories to be told.

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Also as for the 20th cent. Those skyscrapers look cool and all but are very impractical for AC. The shear size of 100+ floors would take an hour just to climb. And then where can you parkour to? Those huge buildings are several blocks apart so you really can't just hop to the next one without climbing down. Also there WAYYY too tall to even suspend disbelief for a leap of faith.
I feel there may be such a thing as being too tall to be practical for AC style parkour. Those towers are very overrated from an AC sense as they wouldn't be practical. So you are actually better off with the smaller(but still tall compared to other ACs) buildings of the late 19th century from a practicality standpoint.

About the skyscrapers; we don't need to climb them. They could just function as interiors. We could climb them if we wanted, but it wouldn't be important. They don't even need to be synch points. At most Ubi could include an achievement for climbing the tallest skyscraper, but it doesn't have to be done.

Why does everyone assume that all buildings must be climbed? :)

Megas_Doux
08-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Settings that I would love and are plausible:

1 CHINA!!!!! Make it happen Ubi, Anything from the warring states to the Boxers Rebellion is welcome.
2 Medieval England.
3 India.

And now some other I find more complicated to be done::

1 Baghdad during the Islamic Golden Age.
2 Ancient Sumer/Assyria/Babylon.
3 Viking Age.
4 Spanish Reconquista.
5 100 years war.

aL_____eX
08-24-2014, 11:21 PM

1 CHINA!!!!! Make it happen Ubi, Anything from the warring states to the Boxers Rebellion is welcome.
2 Medieval England.
3 India.
^ I know, all mainstream, bla bla. One of these three would be great.

DumbGamerTag94
08-24-2014, 11:39 PM
About the skyscrapers; we don't need to climb them. They could just function as interiors. We could climb them if we wanted, but it wouldn't be important. They don't even need to be synch points. At most Ubi could include an achievement for climbing the tallest skyscraper, but it doesn't have to be done.

Why does everyone assume that all buildings must be climbed? :)

They assume we have to climb them because it's AC not GTA or RDR. It's a major part of the series. Without it it's just another open world game shooting people.

And if they aren't for climbing why include redundant buildings like them anyway? That's my point best to stick with the older tall buildings.

As for interiors the older ones have beautiful ornate offices, stairwells, even the bathrooms and hallways, the modern skyscrapers typically only have one big impressive lobby.....and then the rest of the building is just boring cubicles. Super fun to explore that!(not lol).

So if sky scrapers aren't practical for parkour and the interiors aren't super special why build a game where they are the main draw?

I'm not against the idea of the 1920s-30s AC game with Abstergo's origin story. I just feel that if they go back to the United States as a setting(which may only happen maybe 1 time 2 tops). The Latter half of the 19th century either during the Civil War or Wild West era would be far better time periods. It's not that I don't like the idea of a 20th century AC set in America. I'm an American myself and would love to see more of my country in AC games. But unfortunately they can't set 90 AC games there. So if I have to choose only one or 2 American settings I would prioritize the Civil War and the Wild West era.

It's just my personal preference

DumbGamerTag94
08-24-2014, 11:41 PM

2 Medieval England.
3 India.

And now some other I find more complicated to be done::

1 Baghdad during the Islamic Golden Age.
2 Ancient Sumer/Assyria/Babylon.
3 Viking Age.
4 Spanish Reconquista.
5 100 years war.

The Boxer Rebellion would be awesome in my opinion. And would probably be the least main stream and cliché way to use China as a setting!

SlyTrooper
08-24-2014, 11:44 PM
They assume we have to climb them because it's AC not GTA or RDR. It's a major part of the series. Without it it's just another open world game shooting people.

And if they aren't for climbing why include redundant buildings like them anyway? That's my point best to stick with the older tall buildings.

As for interiors the older ones have beautiful ornate offices, stairwells, even the bathrooms and hallways, the modern skyscrapers typically only have one big impressive lobby.....and then the rest of the building is just boring cubicles. Super fun to explore that!(not lol).

So if sky scrapers aren't practical for parkour and the interiors aren't super special why build a game where they are the main draw?

I'm not against the idea of the 1920s-30s AC game with Abstergo's origin story. I just feel that if they go back to the United States as a setting(which may only happen maybe 1 time 2 tops). The Latter half of the 19th century either during the Civil War or Wild West era would be far better time periods. It's not that I don't like the idea of a 20th century AC set in America. I'm an American myself and would love to see more of my country in AC games. But unfortunately they can't set 90 AC games there. So if I have to choose only one or 2 American settings I would prioritize the Civil War and the Wild West era.

It's just my personal preference

Other buildings would still be useful to climb, just not the skyscrapers. And they could make the inside more interesting. And they're not the main draw. There are plenty of smaller buildings.

ze_topazio
08-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Not a big fan of the Boxer rebellion when a few decades before that we have the absolutely insane Taiping Rebellion, which seems a lot more interesting to me, a man who dreams he's the brother of Jesus and starts a rebellion because of that which ends up being one of the deadliest wars in human history with more than 20 million people killed.

I-Like-Pie45
08-25-2014, 12:02 AM
^Religion of Love

KrYpToNiC95
08-25-2014, 09:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPY-hr-8-M0

Just came across this and couldn't help but notice how good it would be for an action adventure RPG game or even an AC game. I wasn't too keen on a London setting but something like this for a future game would be very exciting.

Fatal-Feit
08-25-2014, 11:43 AM
This would make for a great setting.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Reminds me somehow of the Middle earth saga or Vikings, idk why. But this would be an awesome setting indeed.

And the music is so relaxing.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Beside my obsession with having a Sumerian setting for an AC game, I’d also wish we get something around 1940 and it revolves around WWII and the foundations of Abstergo. I mean, it still is historical. A lot of things have drastically changed since the 40s and the presence of cars isn’t such a catastrophic thing to introduce to the franchise. The origins of Abstergo will justify going to that period.

I also believe it would be great to have a globetrotting AC game. I mean we’ve always stuck in one or two cities and always in the same country unless there’s a very short and limited segment in the prologue or the epilogue that took place somewhere else. AC1 took as us to multiple regions but it all felt like cities of the same country. I wonder if we can have an AC game where we can visit more than one place that both can’t have a game of their own or just not detailed or demanded enough to have a game of their own. Maybe we can visit Russia and Germany around the Nazi period or China and Japan or The Arabian Peninsula as a whole in one game from Iraq to Saudi Arabia to other territories there.

GoldenBoy9999
08-25-2014, 01:43 PM
I really like WW1 and WW2 but I wonder how the combat would be if you got caught. I'd be very interested in it if I knew they could make it good with the presence of so many guns.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I really like WW1 and WW2 but I wonder how the combat would be if you got caught. I'd be very interested in it if I knew they could make it good with the presence of so many guns.

I think if they can manage to create a more stealthy system and of course, make you skilled enough to protect yourself, it could definitely work. They will definitely need to rework the structure of AC in a major way but they can still make it feel like an Assassin’s Creed game. I mean we could swallow sailing for 60% of ACIV, so I’m sure the use of guns can be accepted if done the right way.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Ubi should please never ever make a WW2 game (except Valiant Hearts maybe)! As I'm german myself, I'd hate this setting. I can't see anything related to WW2 anymore...

I really hope they go for either something unique no one expects (like Unity was :rolleyes:) or for something many fans wanted to have in the past like Ancient China, Feudal Japan, Egypt or India. To go back in time many centuries would be something refreshing again.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Ubi should please never ever make a WW2 game (except Valiant Hearts maybe)! As I'm german myself, I'd hate this setting. I can't see anything related to WW2 anymore...

I really hope they go for either something unique no one expects (like Unity was :rolleyes:) or for something many fans wanted to have in the past like Ancient China, Feudal Japan, Egypt or India. To go back in time many centuries would be something refreshing again.

Japan, China and Egypt would be a dream come true for me. But I’d trade them all for this :

https://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/eridu-enkis-boat-trip.jpg

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Sumeria right? I remember so many posts of yours, explaining nearly every detail about the setting you want to have. :p Aaaand I'd buy it.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Sumeria right? I remember so many posts of yours, explaining nearly every detail about the setting you want to have. :p Aaaand I'd buy it.

Yeah. I really want it so bad because it’s so rich and it’s rarely done in art, if at all. I mean how many movies did Sumeria? how many games? zero. AC always captures the soul of historical cities right and it always adds it’s own mythology which makes it even more interesting than a historical tour and that’s why I think it’s the best candidate to portray that era.

aL_____eX
08-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah. I really want it so bad because it’s so rich and it’s rarely done in art, if at all. I mean how many movies did Sumeria? how many games? zero. AC always captures the soul of historical cities right and it always adds it’s own mythology which makes it even more interesting than a historical tour and that’s why I think it’s the best candidate to portray that era.
Biggest problem definitely is the interest people have in visiting Sumeria, a nearly unexplored land which they don't know what they get from and then there's (now) France, China, Russia or Japan. Ubisoft has to make the best profit they can get from the games, and so it's a compromise between being as artistic as possible and still delivering rational things that people know andare interested to re-live.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Biggest problem definitely is the interest people have in visiting Sumeria, a nearly unexplored land which they don't know what they get from and then there's (now) France, China, Russia or Japan. Ubisoft has to make the best profit they can get from the games, and so it's a compromise between being as artistic as possible and still delivering rational things that people know andare interested to re-live.

I completely agree about that, but then again how would you know that something is good unless you experience it? I mean AC one started in an Arab land, starring a Muslim-turned-atheist being the protagonist, something not some common in video games and they choose that setting of all other possible settings that are well-known and highly demanded like France, China, Japan, Italy, England, Spain, America..etc. and still the game made a huge reputation for the franchise which is the reason why it’s selling so well till this day.

I personally think that a well-made product is a well-made product even if it’s unorthodox or not part of the highly demanded parts. I mean Pirates weren’t really expected but they happened. I’m not only saying this to empower my theory but just explaining how it can still be as good as other had it received enough attention and a director/writer with a good vision. It’s sad to see that these days it’s just a voting for famous places rather than taking the game where the story demands or might work best.

Megas_Doux
08-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Sumer/Assyria/Ancient Babylon would be DREAM come true, a top 3 setting for me along with China and Medieval england.
Freeroaming while this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEeY2aMa4c

But just dont see it happening, not even with this 2 games on a year trend haha :(

def4ult1994
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
I think a game just set in the future would be cool. I understand that it would be drifting far from the main aspect of the game but I think it would be something fresh. I also want to get a look at the "head assassins" that were mentioned in Brotherhood. Any thoughts?

CoachAssassin
08-25-2014, 04:14 PM
The problem they kinda created for themselves is that people will now expect either something extremely new with entirely different gameplay like AC4, or something that has cities as immersive and diverse as Unity etc. You can't historically be accurate and go back to places like egypt, most cities didn't look that impressing. China etc. would be a whole different story though.

I'm pretty sure they are looking more at settings then location diversity. Most of our recorded history that we would connect to is primarily european or american, so hence why they would go there each time.

RinoTheBouncer
08-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Sumer/Assyria/Ancient Babylon would be DREAM come true, a top 3 setting for me along with China and Medieval england.
Freeroaming while this plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEeY2aMa4c

But just dont see it happening, not even with this 2 games on a year trend haha :(

WOW! glad I’m not the only one. The music is amazing and this whole period, I can’t even explain how excited about I am to relive that period. And it’s true, I don’t see them being audacious enough to go that far in history even though many might eventually LOVE it.

I think a game just set in the future would be cool. I understand that it would be drifting far from the main aspect of the game but I think it would be something fresh. I also want to get a look at the "head assassins" that were mentioned in Brotherhood. Any thoughts?

Yeah. I think the same as well. I’d do anything for an AC game or spin-off set somewhere in modern day or the future. I wanna see how the Brotherhood will be by that time.

I'm pretty sure they are looking more at settings then location diversity. Most of our recorded history that we would connect to is primarily european or american, so hence why they would go there each time.

That’s their biggest problem. They’re looking for the most relevant and mainstream events in history and they’re even forgetting the story. it’s like their main concern is to show a period that is well known, real characters that we’ve read about and that’s it. I really wanna see something new and I’m sure if they make a great story and present a period like Sumer in their beautiful graphics and interesting new skills and story, they’ll for sure succeed. I mean a good story is a good story.

marvelfannumber
08-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I noticed someone a while back (can't be bothered to dig through the pages to quote it) pointed out a flaw in my early 20th century US setting when it came to the cityscapes.

Now it's true that the skyscrapers would take like half an hour to climb which I have pondered on for a while. Now in ACR they added the hookblade, so since this is further in time than Revelations, what's stopping them from adding some kind of longer, or grappling hook type upgrade to the hookblade to make skyscrapers more traversable? It could also be a good way to escape gun fights if you get detected during a mission.

(Another solution for the typically spoken of gun issue, would be to give us the ability to throw smoke bombs, which would allow for easier escape/recovery)

As for wide streets, again this can be true at times, but since the buildings are taller you'll have way more air time than say AC3, plus what's stopping them from bringing the parachute back and making it a bit faster and more agile?

RinoTheBouncer
08-26-2014, 04:31 PM
I noticed someone a while back (can't be bothered to dig through the pages to quote it) pointed out a flaw in my early 20th century US setting when it came to the cityscapes.

Now it's true that the skyscrapers would take like half an hour to climb which I have pondered on for a while. Now in ACR they added the hookblade, so since this is further in time than Revelations, what's stopping them from adding some kind of longer, or grappling hook type upgrade to the hookblade to make skyscrapers more traversable? It could also be a good way to escape gun fights if you get detected during a mission.

(Another solution for the typically spoken of gun issue, would be to give us the ability to throw smoke bombs, which would allow for easier escape/recovery)

As for wide streets, again this can be true at times, but since the buildings are taller you'll have way more air time than say AC3, plus what's stopping them from bringing the parachute back and making it a bit faster and more agile?

I agree with that, as well. I mean if they added a gun in ACII, what stops them from figuring out a new, original mechanic that helps them climb easily and to be perfectly honest, climbing was never so realistic in AC. I mean I doubt that anyone could climb the Galata tower in less than a minute, in reality so why should it be more realistic with sky scrappers?

DumbGamerTag94
08-26-2014, 09:12 PM

The wide streets can be an easily dealt with problem for any city in America from circa 1850s-1930/40s. Due to the massive amounts of telegraph/telephone and electrical wires(which are cased in rubber/rope like stuff(pre1930s) and wouldn't electrocute you. You could easily use these like the clotheslines from AC2 or maybe even ziplines from ACR.

Those wires were EXTREMELY common back in those days and made a big mess of the skyline in some eras(at its worst from the late 1890s-1920s) eventually they figured out it made more sense to bury them beneith streets and sidewalks

GoldenBoy9999
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I've added 2 more settings to my list of requested places in AC. Early 1900's America and Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia is so interesting and I often think what it would be like to live in such an early culture and what people did in their daily lives or what they thought about.

The other one is very interesting as well. Ubisoft would be able to make the cities very dense with all the new buildings and I personally think the atmosphere and aesthetics would be awesome. Jazz is also my favorite music genre so I would love me some ambient jazz :D

killzab
08-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I've added 2 more settings to my list of requested places in AC. Early 1900's America and Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia is so interesting and I often think what it would be like to live in such an early culture and what people did in their daily lives or what they thought about.

The other one is very interesting as well. Ubisoft would be able to make the cities very dense with all the new buildings and I personally think the atmosphere and aesthetics would be awesome. Jazz is also my favorite music genre so I would love me some ambient jazz :D

I wonder where you got this idea >.>

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 03:47 PM
To be honest, as long as the next game isn't in the 18th or early 19th centuries, it will be very exciting. Unity is good, but I'm not excited for the time period; I'm excited for the city & to see how the Assassins & Templars fit into everything.

Ubi have extablished that feudal Japan is an interesting era for the Assassins & Templars through Memories, so it is looking like a good option for the next game. This setting is also more likely because it's the most requested time period I ever see people asking for. I'm very conflicted at the moment because of Memories. It's making every era they show look really interesting. At the moment my list of most wanted locations for the next AC (in order of most wanted to least wanted) is: Medieval England, feudal Japan & the prohibition era in America.

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 04:19 PM
My concern against feudal japan is that, aside from some big temples and palaces, the regular architecture is made of pretty widespread buildings of two storeys tall at most. I rather have China 100000 times.

However, I think there is an Arno sequel in the making, probably set in Spain or Germany feauturing the Napoleonic Wars.

dm2626
08-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I always liked the idea of a game being set in Ancient Egypt.

ze_topazio
08-27-2014, 05:16 PM
I said before I would like to see Morocco in the late XVI century.

Codarsnacht
08-27-2014, 05:43 PM
I really think 18/19th century London is going to happen.

I genuinely don't see why not -- this doesn't mean I want it. I mean, I wouldn't mind it, the city is incredibly beautiful and rich.

rrebe
08-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I really think 18/19th century London is going to happen.

oh I'd love that if it ever happens

killzab
08-27-2014, 06:51 PM
oh I'd love that if it ever happens

Please no more 18/19th century

jayjay275
08-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Give us Egypt damn it Ubi!

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 06:58 PM
The things I want the most is new game with previous assassins...Connor, Avelline, Edward, Nikolai, Adewale and Arno...it is nice to have new assassins (especially since that allow you to explore new historical settings) but I want to explore more some of these characters.

Because of this my three main requests are:

Aveline and Connor sequel.
Another game with Altair.
A new game with Adewale

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 07:14 PM

Late 19th would be fine, just not early 19th. Early 19th is too similar to the 18th century, but the late 19th is unique.

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 07:34 PM

What's wrong with the 18th/19th century?

It's a perfectly nice and varied setting, I can't really see anything wrong with it.

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 07:55 PM
What's wrong with the 18th/19th century?

It's a perfectly nice and varied setting, I can't really see anything wrong with it.

Thing is XVIII is one of my "favorite centuries", so to speak. But:

1 AC III.
2 AC III Liberation
3 AC IV.
4 AC Rogue.
5 AC Unity.

And even though almost all those games have different architecture that ranges from Georgian, Spanish Barroque, Mayan and Gothic-with the exception of the the HUGE cash cow of Rogue-, it is true that European influenced colonies have been the center of it, ignoring other regions. It´s been enough "history is our playground" Ubi says..... So why not ancient civilizations????? The Far East? India?

It seems that due to the annual releases, Ubi likes to recycle assets and will be stuck for a while in the next era Ubi takes us.....

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
@Megas
Meh, as long as the setting is fun, has an interesting story and has it's own feel, I don't care what geographical location it is on or how many games have been there. That's honestly kind of irrelevant and pointless to complain about.

Simmer83
08-27-2014, 07:59 PM
It would be nice to visit early-mid 17th century Amsterdam during the Dutch golden age. The Dutch trade, science, military and art were among the most acclaimed in the world during that period (so an important place to be for templars/assassins) and it would be great walking over the typical Dutch row houses, climbing the old churches and buildings and looking over the canals. Also they could implement naval stuff again as the Dutch were ahead of their time when it came to building ships, seafaring and trading with the far east (doing missions for the Dutch East India Company). Maybe meeting up with Rembrandt van Rijn and collect his paintings. They could also involve Michiel de Ruyter in the story, the most famous and one of the most skilled admirals in Dutch history, well-known for his role in the Anglo-Dutch Wars of the 17th century. He fought the English and French and scored several major victories against them.

I'm sure Ubisoft could do something creative with a setting like this.

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
@Megas

Meh, as long as the setting is fun and has an interesting story aswell as it's own feel, I don't care what geographical location it is on or how many games have been there. That's honestly kind of irrelevant and pointless to complain about.

That is your opinion, many people seems to differ and they are entitled to. Personally I would like to visit the middle ages again, go to India, have a game in China or in Mesopotamia.

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 08:08 PM
That is your opinion, many people seems to differ and they are entitled to. Personally I would like to visit the middle ages again, go to India, have a game in China or in Mesopotamia.

Oh don't get me wrong medieval times, India, China and especially Mesopotamia would be absolutely EPIC! I would love to visit those as soon as possibile, but my point is not about childish setting preference, it's that the setting itself is not what's important in an AC game, it's the execution.

I still stand by that they could have made revolutionary America work aswell had they executed it properly.

I remember back in early last year, almost everyone thought AC4 was going to suck.....hard. People thought it was gonna be a boring cash grab with more ship battles, but it was executed extremely well and even if you don't like AC4 you have to admit it is a fan favorite (especially compared to AC3).

Megas_Doux
08-27-2014, 08:19 PM
I thought exactly the same and yet AC IV ended up being my favorite gameplay wise, you have a point there. But why not other ages from this point forward?

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 08:24 PM
I thought exactly the same and yet AC IV ended up being my favorite gameplay wise, you have a point there. But why not other ages from this point forward?

Well we all know they will not do the 18th century forever, just like they didn't do Ezio forever.

I've said this multiple times and I will say it again, we should just enjoy the 18th century for what it is now, becase it's probably not coming back, instead of always comlaining about setting staleness.

wvstolzing
08-27-2014, 08:47 PM
It would be nice to visit early-mid 17th century Amsterdam during the Dutch golden age. The Dutch trade, science, military and art were among the most acclaimed in the world during that period (so an important place to be for templars/assassins) and it would be great walking over the typical Dutch row houses, climbing the old churches and buildings and looking over the canals. Also they could implement naval stuff again as the Dutch were ahead of their time when it came to building ships, seafaring and trading with the far east (doing missions for the Dutch East India Company). Maybe meeting up with Rembrandt van Rijn and collect his paintings. They could also involve Michiel de Ruyter in the story, the most famous and one of the most skilled admirals in Dutch history, well-known for his role in the Anglo-Dutch Wars of the 17th century. He fought the English and French and scored several major victories against them.

I'm sure Ubisoft could do something creative with a setting like this.

I'd be really interested to play that!

killzab
08-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Oh don't get me wrong medieval times, India, China and especially Mesopotamia would be absolutely EPIC! I would love to visit those as soon as possibile, but my point is not about childish setting preference, it's that the setting itself is not what's important in an AC game, it's the execution.

I still stand by that they could have made revolutionary America work aswell had they executed it properly.

I remember back in early last year, almost everyone thought AC4 was going to suck.....hard. People thought it was gonna be a boring cash grab with more ship battles, but it was executed extremely well and even if you don't like AC4 you have to admit it is a fan favorite (especially compared to AC3).

Well to me the setting is essential , and how is it childish ?

I've always loved AC because of the modern day and the historical settings.

Since Modern day doesn't matter anymore, if I don't care about the setting, I probably wouldn't buy the game...

Gimme China or Japan and I couldn't sleep for weeks before the game came out ....

Gimme Brazil and .. well I'll buy it because i'm a fan ... by principle that's it

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Gimme China or Japan and I couldn't sleep for weeks before the game came out ....

I said the same thing about the American Revolution one time.....ugh.

Anyways this all goes back to my point, it's not the setting itself that matters, it's how it's executed.

That's why it seems kind of childish to me, because it's a very....how do I put it, simplistic way of viewing things.

Sure it might be important to you, and that's all well and good, but just because you like the setting, does not make the game any better objectively. Nor does it matter from a gameplay perspective (aside from gear, buildings and such).

killzab
08-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Anyways this all goes back to my point, it's not the setting itself that matters, it's how it's executed.

That's why it seems kind of childish to me, because it's a very....how do I put it, simplistic way of viewing things.

Sure it might be important to you, and that's all well and good, but just because you like the setting, does not make the game any better objectively. Nor does it matter from a gameplay perspective (aside from gear, buildings and such).

I don't care about objectivity lol , I only care about what I personally wish and expect from the franchise.

I get your point though

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:03 PM

There is nothing to suggest that a game set in say Feudal Japan could not be executed as well as a game set in the French Revolution. You're saying it in a way that implies that you don't want them to change because it's too risky. Ok, the American Revolution didn't work... who cares? This doesn't mean Ubi should stick to the same setting forever. Change is good, not bad.

marvelfannumber
08-27-2014, 09:06 PM
There is nothing to suggest that a game set in say Feudal Japan could not be executed as well as a game set in the French Revolution. You're saying it in a way that implies that you don't want them to change because it's too risky. Ok, the American Revolution didn't work... who cares? This doesn't mean Ubi should stick to the same setting forever.

I never even said that. I love that they use different settings because it helps add some spice to the series I suppose. What I am saying is that it's all about the execution. Feudal Japan might sound really good, but depending on the devs and the design philosophy it might suck. Just like say a World War 2 game could be great if it was given to the right devs with the right philosophy.

I have no clue where you got this "you don't want change" stuff, but it's not true at all.

What's your point then in the end ?

About me being tired of the 18th century ?

Oh for ****s sake, now we're just going in circles.

killzab
08-27-2014, 09:08 PM
I never even said that. I love that they use different settings because it helps add some spice to the series I suppose. What I am saying is that it's all about the execution. Feudal Japan might sound really good, but depending on the devs and the design philosophy it might suck. Just like say a World War 2 game could be great if it was given to the right devs with the right philosophy.

I have no clue where you got this "you don't want change" stuff, but it's not true at all.

What's your point then in the end ?

About me being tired of the 18th century ?

SlyTrooper
08-27-2014, 09:33 PM

Oh for ****s sake, now we're just going in circles.

I understand what you mean about them not wanting to ruin gameplay for a new setting, but I expect that Ubi has established a good 3 year cycle for each game now due to ACB, ACR & ACIV being less difficult to develop because of assets being reused, so I see no reason why each yearly title can't be as unique as Unity.

Here's my reasoning for 3 years per game (it makes sense to me):

AC1: 2003-2007

AC2: 2007-2009

ACB: 2009-2010

ACR: 2010-2011

AC3 - 2009-2012

ACIV - 2011-2013

ACU - 2010-2014

AC? - 2012-2015 (the starting year is free for development to start)

AC? - 2013-2016 (the starting year is free for development to start)

AC? - 2014-2017 (the starting year is free for development to start)

This means that they won't be starting two titles at the same time, so they know what features are likely to be in the previous game & can improve, change & add to them.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-28-2014, 12:17 AM

don't forget weather, wild life, guards, story, enemys

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 06:39 PM
i have an idea for a story in feudal japan, that time was a war between houses , so here is what i thought : they can make it that the grand templar of japan was assassinated(maybe by you in the first mission),and the important templars will start fighting each other, forming houses,and they will fight because every one wants to be the master templar(and they will be enemy factions, like turks and byzantines in revelations(:, but do it better than in the past games by this improvement,MAKE MORE ENCOUNTERS: in the past games with factions that fight each other the factions meet each other or if you put hard work on luring them together or in a mission, so in this game make it so the factions meet a lot more without you being involved, but A LOT and truly without you, means that you can just roam the city and find a bunch of soldiers fighting each other.(: ) , and one of the templars will ask you for help and you will work together to fight the other houses(that house won't attack assassin's, and you will assassinate a list of templars to eliminate with his men's ade or somthing.)and assassins and templars will work together for the first time,but not for long,and the last mission will be years later and that templar you helped became the grand templar of japan,the master of all japan's templars, and in that mission you need to kill him.:D, i think its a good base for the story, tell me what you think;)

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 06:47 PM
My feudal Japan story would go as this: (I think I mentioned this in another thread)

Instead of the generic ninja samurai story that ubisoft clearly doesn't want to make the game could be set around the shogunate who is actually a corrupt assassin. The assassin faction in Japan is actually corrupt and whilst abide by the assasin laws, they take matters into their own hands and believe more on dictatorship. The shogun in Japan is actually an assassin, rather than a templar and so the game is actually about assassin factions from other countries coming to fight the corrupt the Japanese assassin's in an "assassin civil war" of some kind. It would be a good take on a period of corruption for the assassin's and it avoids the generic ninja assassin story.

Assassin's creed: Corruptipn

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 06:59 PM
My concern against feudal japan is the rather undeveloped architecture temples and castles aside, like 90% of the buildings in Edo, its biggets city, were no taller than a couple of storeys and very widespread also.

The fasr east is needed, but I prefer China 100000000 times.

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
China would probably be a better location although I think ninja stealth gameplay with samurai swordfighting techniques would be awesome.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 07:04 PM
I kinda really want spain for some reason.

Or india.

I don't know why.

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:07 PM
India would be epic. Spain I don't want too much, I get the feeling the cities would look too much like Havana as that had a very big Spanish influence

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 07:08 PM
I loved Havana.

Reminds me of Puerto Rico @-@

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Havana was lovely, it was the best City of black flag but I just want a completely different feel of a city like China or India

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd go for india then.

RenoRex1995
08-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Any setting will be fine, except for those having British as the enemy
I've killed quite a lot British in previous games

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:13 PM
The game after unity will be set in London. Mark my words lol

marvelfannumber
08-28-2014, 07:14 PM

Alright then.....see ya next year :rolleyes:

RenoRex1995
08-28-2014, 07:15 PM

can I stay my blade from the British:eek:?

JustPlainQuirky
I want Victorian London for the fancy dressware and Jack the Ripper.

I hope Jack the Ripper was an assassin. :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
They will reuse some of the building structures of unity as Paris and London shared similar architecture. I just see it happening so much.

marvelfannumber
Victorian and Medieval London would totally be the best.

They will reuse some of the building structures of unity as Paris and London shared similar architecture. I just see it happening so much.

Victorian London:
http://i.imgur.com/A1itbwM.jpg

Paris 1850's:
http://i.imgur.com/duXSzu5.jpg

I think it will be different enough honestly, I guess some of the suburbs of London might look a bit like Paris though....

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Elizabethan England please please please

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 07:20 PM
@marvel yeah they are different, I just see them reusing a lot of the structures then tweaking them. Kind of like ac 2 and brotherhood but a more drastic change.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Spain may have architecture than range from this:

http://images.viralnova.com/000/009/731/alcazar-de-segovia-spain.jpg

http://www.periodistadigital.com/imagenes/2014/01/21/la-catedral-de-santiago-de-compostela.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Catedral_de_Burgos._Burgos_%28Espa%C3%B1a%29..jpg
http://www.lasescapadas.com/fondos/imagenes/alczar-de-segovia.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Escorial-sur.jpg

To this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Giralda_de_Sevilla_5.jpg
http://tours2dream.s3.amazonaws.com/images/tours/f47d88883f0e8c0461a60aeb26b08b94.jpg
http://www.spainwanderer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/segovria-aqueduct-by-petersbar.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
So many synchronization points @-@

BoBwUzHeRe1138
08-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Elizabethan England please please please

Yes, yes, yes. I hate how most people want Victorian England. 1800's?? Blehhhh. I'd much rather join the Gunpowder Plot with Guy Fawkes, meet Shakespeare who could help the Assassins*, etc.

*I say this A. because it'd be a silly little similarity to Da Vinci from the Ezio trilogy but also because the Globe could then be used as a meeting place for the Assassins. Then, the Templars learn of this and burn the Globe down and now you have the 'real' reason it was destroyed!

wvstolzing
08-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Possible feudal Japan scenario:

Shaun, Rebecca, William, and one more Assassin discover a street lamp that's actually a time travel device. They travel back in time, to go to feudal Japan. They fight the evil Shogun. Then they come back.

marvelfannumber
08-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah medieval London would be pretty cool too, not as much architectural diversity, but y'know.

http://i.imgur.com/qJdvbro.png

Shaun, Rebecca, William, and one more Assassin discover a street lamp that's actually a time travel device. They travel back in time, to go to feudal Japan. They fight the evil Shogun. Then they come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3cUP20DUc

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Or Maybe Shakes was a Templar and the Assassins burned the Globe.

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 07:37 PM
I posted some amazing CGI pics of Elizabethan London here once, I will look for them and post them again later.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Ah

Braham is set in india.

#noindiaforawhilethen

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Ubisoft is already using the First Barons' War (1215–17) , one of my favorite settings, for AC: Memories :(

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 07:57 PM
I want Victorian London for the fancy dressware and Jack the Ripper.

I hope Jack the Ripper was an assassin. :rolleyes:

if jack the ripper is an assassin then he must be a corrupted assassin because the assassins don't allow the way he kills is ...

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
the prostitutes could be templars :rolleyes:

or perhaps he doesnt percieve prostitutes as innocent :rolleyes:

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 08:01 PM
My feudal Japan story would go as this: (I think I mentioned this in another thread)

Instead of the generic ninja samurai story that ubisoft clearly doesn't want to make the game could be set around the shogunate who is actually a corrupt assassin. The assassin faction in Japan is actually corrupt and whilst abide by the assasin laws, they take matters into their own hands and believe more on dictatorship. The shogun in Japan is actually an assassin, rather than a templar and so the game is actually about assassin factions from other countries coming to fight the corrupt the Japanese assassin's in an "assassin civil war" of some kind. It would be a good take on a period of corruption for the assassin's and it avoids the generic ninja assassin story.

Assassin's creed: Corruptipn

its a nice idea, i dont want ninjas either but i prefer my version still ;), just my opinion

having time travel will ruin assassin's creed, the whole point of the game(modern day at least) is the animus, if you replace it with time machine you ruin the concept...):

the prostitutes could be templars :rolleyes:

or perhaps he doesnt percieve prostitutes as innocent :rolleyes:

still corrupted... the assassins dont work by what they think, they work by the rules of the creed:)

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 08:10 PM
and the rules of the creed are inconsistant because the definition of innocence differs from master assassin to master assassin.

marvelfannumber
08-28-2014, 08:12 PM
having time travel will ruin assassin's creed, the whole point of the game(modern day at least) is the animus, if you replace it with time machine you ruin the concept...):

I envy you for not having watched the horror that is Ninja Turtles III in order to get that reference.

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I envy you for not having watched the horror that is Ninja Turtles III in order to get that reference.

i haven't seen that movie...

and the rules of the creed are inconsistant because the definition of innocence differs from master assassin to master assassin.

but the assassins don't kill every person who isn't innocent, they kill templars and major issues, and kill innocent people (or uninnocent, doesn't matter)only if they have to,i explaind it bad

marvelfannumber
08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
i haven't seen that movie...

Let's keep it that way. No human being on earth deserves to see that trainwreck.

JustPlainQuirky
08-28-2014, 08:37 PM
but the assassins don't kill every person who isn't innocent, they kill templars and major issues, and kill innocent people (or uninnocent, doesn't matter)only if they have to,i explaind it bad

And the point is "who is innocent" is different from person to person.

So even if the tenant says "dont kill innocents" it hardly holds water.

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 08:41 PM

actually in the first reply i also meant the WAY he kills, assassins don't take the organs of their victims... :(
and also assassins don't kill courtesans, they use them ;)

My ultimate dream for AC is to have a 2 part series following one protagonist. That covers his dealings during the American Civil War. And then his actions post war in the Wild West and frontier areas(which includes the urban areas of St.Louis, San Francisco, and Chicago).

Following the same character from around 1850 to 1890s or the turn of the century. It would be a really cool adventure. Covering the epic events of the civil war and how it lead to the creation of the "Wild West" and then witness that fade away as outlaws are tamed and native conflicts ended by the turn of the century.

Not to mention all the cool stuff we could get from historical figures and inventors

Get advice from fameous wits like Abe Lincoln and Mark Twain. And gadgets from inventors like Richard Gatling, or Thomas Edison and/or Nikolai Tesla.

It would make for an awesome addition to the series!!!!

i know im late but i have to say this, thomas edison was a templar, play ac ii

In 2015, we will have Victorian London.
In 2016, one more similar setting to complete the Unity Saga, like usual.
In 2017, it's going to be an entirely new setting that's not as influenced by Europe. A whole new fresh start with new aesthetics, characters, everything from the ground up. Like Imperial China.
In 2018 another similar setting.
In 2019, another similar setting that completes the saga.
In 2020, a whole new fresh start in Egypt with an engine rebuilt from the ground up to suit the next-gen consoles aka the PS5 and Xbox Zero. Modern Day is in virtual reality.

they will stop making ac games in 2016 or 2017 im sure of it, im not happy with it but i'm sure of it

three things i DON'T want in future ac games:
1). indian assassin, there was enuf of that in ac3 and ac4.

2). europe and the americas (only for a while).

3). and most importantly:18th century(except raj india)there is to much of that time!!! four games ? i think thats enuf.

Raizor9
08-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Would love to see next Assassins Creed set in Scandinavia during the Viking Age. It would be insane to learn about the Norse Gods from our perspective. You could be a young warrior who doesn't like the ways of the Norsemen. Instead you want to give people a more peaceful world to live in. You can then fight against both the Vikings and the christians (Scandinavia was the only european zone where the people wasn't christian). Would be amazing to run around in the beautiful norse woods. You could also sail with viking ships to other parts of the world.

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
I posted some amazing CGI pics of Elizabethan London here once, I will look for them and post them again later.

Found them.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4O316o8e4tg/TyTDJIrjT7I/AAAAAAAAAr0/NV537wW8sEI/s1600/anonymous06.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rn4xMPrQtWw/TrYyysZ933I/AAAAAAAAAko/MzdYdv2c5Ls/s1600/article-2040042-0E04B75E00000578-205_634x286.jpg
http://billdesowitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/anonymous01a_LondonBridge-final.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3SWw5AlQQNk/TrYzAUyRLMI/AAAAAAAAAkw/-3yshj8YyWw/s1600/article-2040042-0E04B5AF00000578-192_634x286.jpg
http://www.gregstrasz.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/anonymous-vfx-art-direction/2011-anonymous-001.jpg
http://www.philiphartmann.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Anonymous_0005.jpg

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 09:39 PM
^wow stunning. I really want an elizabethan game. So much history. They could even put the Spanish armada in for some naval missions.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Just had a look at AC Memories and came across this.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140822203105/assassinscreed/images/4/4b/ACM_Hattori_Hanzo.jpg

It kind of revived my dream of an AC game set in Feudal Japan. I think that Hattori Hanzo would be a great protagonist and having the game set during the Sengoku Period will be awesome.

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 10:02 PM
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10403208_1519744741576059_5441292597945617922_n.jp g

This is sounding better and better :D

m4r-k7
08-28-2014, 10:05 PM
So Templar ninja vs assassin ninjas. Kind of generic.
Could be cool though!

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 10:08 PM
So the Templars and Assassins were really introduced in Japan by us Portuguese, we are such a bad influence.

aL_____eX
08-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Found them.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4O316o8e4tg/TyTDJIrjT7I/AAAAAAAAAr0/NV537wW8sEI/s1600/anonymous06.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rn4xMPrQtWw/TrYyysZ933I/AAAAAAAAAko/MzdYdv2c5Ls/s1600/article-2040042-0E04B75E00000578-205_634x286.jpg
http://billdesowitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/anonymous01a_LondonBridge-final.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3SWw5AlQQNk/TrYzAUyRLMI/AAAAAAAAAkw/-3yshj8YyWw/s1600/article-2040042-0E04B5AF00000578-192_634x286.jpg
http://www.gregstrasz.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/anonymous-vfx-art-direction/2011-anonymous-001.jpg
http://www.philiphartmann.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Anonymous_0005.jpg
Ubisoft, make this reality!

GunnerGalactico
08-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Could be cool though!

Actually it's not generic at all. I looked it up on Wikipedia, in AC Memories, the Templars are actually European. They are Jesuit priests who are trying to spread Christianity in Japan, but they have ulterior motives as well. It's kind of funny though, Ze Topazio and I suggested something like this in the Future AC Titles thread. :p

souNdwAve89
08-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Could be cool though!

And pirates aren't?

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Aztec Assassins in the spanish conquest...throwing my two cents again about this. The more I think about it it becomes one of my favorite possible settings.

Any particular thoughts?

omerluxy
08-28-2014, 10:55 PM
i have an idea for a story in feudal japan, that time was a war between houses , so here is what i thought : they can make it that the grand templar of japan was assassinated(maybe by you in the first mission),and the important templars will start fighting each other, forming houses,and they will fight because every one wants to be the master templar(and they will be enemy factions, like turks and byzantines in revelations(:, but do it better than in the past games by this improvement,MAKE MORE ENCOUNTERS: in the past games with factions that fight each other the factions meet each other or if you put hard work on luring them together or in a mission, so in this game make it so the factions meet a lot more without you being involved, but A LOT and truly without you, means that you can just roam the city and find a bunch of soldiers fighting each other.(: ) , and one of the templars will ask you for help and you will work together to fight the other houses(that house won't attack assassin's, and you will assassinate a list of templars to eliminate with his men's ade or somthing.)and assassins and templars will work together for the first time,but not for long,and the last mission will be years later and that templar you helped became the grand templar of japan,the master of all japan's templars, and in that mission you need to kill him.:D, i think its a good base for the story, tell me what you think;)
just had to post it again else it wont get any attention(:

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 11:27 PM
^ Could work.

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10563099_1521885628028637_4754448394871480522_n.jp g?oh=cd7bf7c8bb4286f0bfb1ec96f6c8a0bb&oe=5464FF01

ze_topazio
08-28-2014, 11:42 PM
Expectations (AC Hattori Hanzo)

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140822203105/assassinscreed/images/4/4b/ACM_Hattori_Hanzo.jpg

Reality (Japanese portrait of Hattori Hanzo)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Hanzo.jpg

SlyTrooper
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Expectations (AC Hattori Hanzo)

Reality (Japanese portrait of Hattori Hanzo)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Hanzo.jpg

The top one is canon to AC lore, so screw history!

wvstolzing
08-28-2014, 11:49 PM
[B][SIZE=5]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Hanzo.jpg

I might have discovered a link between feudal Japan ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/1024px-Shakespeare_Droeshout_1623.jpg

... and Elizabethan England!!!

Megas_Doux
08-28-2014, 11:49 PM
^ Could work.

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10563099_1521885628028637_4754448394871480522_n.jp g?oh=cd7bf7c8bb4286f0bfb1ec96f6c8a0bb&oe=5464FF01

That pic proves my point, aside form the big beautifil temples and castles, the rest of the buildings are, at most, two storeys tall and pretty widespread......

ze_topazio
08-29-2014, 12:00 AM
That pic is not accurate at all though.

Journey93
08-29-2014, 12:16 AM
I really want them to drop the 18th century for like forever (anything beyond that also)
really bored of that
They should go to the Ancient times with interesting settings like Ancient Rome, Greece, Eqypt
or maybe even someting in Japan/China?

There are soo many possibilities but sadly we we have been stuck in the 18th century for like 4 games (5 if you count Liberation)

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
That pic is not accurate at all though.

You just pasted the logo on it???? :(

These are, by the way:

http://japan.stripes.com/sites/japan.stripes.com/files/styles/news_node/public/0404_Edo_Tokyo_Museum_web_0.jpg?itok=cxnRQ2DS

http://www.greatmirror.com/images/medium/014313.jpg

http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_512x512/0/5c6/edo-tokyo-museum--tokyo--japan-5c6e41.jpg

http://mentor4change.com/visitingjapan/files/2012/11/A-model-table-about-Edo-in-Edo-Museum-Ryogoku-Tokyo-Japan-Visit-Japan.jpg

Taken from the Tokyo history museum.

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:25 AM
^wow stunning. I really want an elizabethan game. So much history. They could even put the Spanish armada in for some naval missions.

Would love it if the winter version of the map had the frozen river fairs.

wvstolzing
08-29-2014, 12:27 AM
If they ever do Elizabethan England, I really, really hope they stay away from the 'authorship conspiracies' concerning Shakespeare. I'd hate to see the Earl of Oxford, or Francis Bacon, or, as some people claim [yes, they do exist] Queen Elizabeth herself. Aargh!!....

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 12:31 AM
Despite the argument of Japan having widespread and buildings that aren’t high enough to compare to Florence and Venice, for example. Yet I think we can embrace a new atmosphere and find something else that is just as fun as climbing buildings. Perhaps this time we can climb mountains and synch viewpoints from there... I don’t mind Japan or China, but I’m just saying that the series took a very sharp turn with ACIV and the whole naval thing taking over, and many people accepted it and had no problem with the gameplay at all, on the contrary, many enjoyed it, including me and I don’t even like Naval in general. So I think this could grow on many people.

I mean I can’t stand historical movies yet I’ve been stanning for Assassin’s Creed since the very first game came out.

Locopells
08-29-2014, 12:35 AM
If they ever do Elizabethan England, I really, really hope they stay away from the 'authorship conspiracies' concerning Shakespeare. I'd hate to see the Earl of Oxford, or Francis Bacon, or, as some people claim [yes, they do exist] Queen Elizabeth herself. Aargh!!....

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ef96c0e7192ef6d38a1126b5255f2a5f/tumblr_mmnhvve2XJ1rl43djo1_500.gif

souNdwAve89
08-29-2014, 01:01 AM
The thing with Hattori Hanzo is that he is BOTH a samurai and a ninja. On the outside he's a samurai, but when duty calls, he puts on his Assassin robes.

Megas_Doux
08-29-2014, 02:22 AM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/ef96c0e7192ef6d38a1126b5255f2a5f/tumblr_mmnhvve2XJ1rl43djo1_500.gif

haha

marvelfannumber
08-29-2014, 05:20 AM
You just pasted the logo on it???? :(

These are, by the way:

http://www.greatmirror.com/images/medium/014313.jpg

Taken from the Tokyo history museum.

Well then, that makes New York look like Florence...That seriously looks really boring to free run in.

I really want them to drop the 18th century for like forever (anything beyond that also)
really bored of that
They should go to the Ancient times with interesting settings like Ancient Rome, Greece, Eqypt

There are soo many possibilities but sadly we we have been stuck in the 18th century for like 4 games (5 if you count Liberation)

I've been waiting 14 years for a new Conker game, and you can't even wait 2 years for a new setting? Could you sound more entitled please?

omerluxy
08-29-2014, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=marvelfannumber;10200658]Well then, that makes New York look like Florence...That seriously looks really boring to free run in.

i actually would like to free run there, its kinda like havana...

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 09:32 AM
I actually would love a game where free running over roofs is more proficient then just running through streets, like ACBF and AC3 and to be fair almost all games besides AC1 and AC2.

I think the Venice rooftops were such a succes because the alternative was hell, running around all those bridges etc..

I really would hope one day we get another game with multiple cities full of real content, instead of the somewhat empty feel of ACBF in some cities (I enjoyed Havana though). How amazing would it be if we dive into 1630's and play Assassins Creed with the musketeers. Allow us to play in London, Paris and some countryside France and make me jelly, if next-gen can one day support this i'd be amazed. Storywise just make the musketeers assassins haha, man that would go for some amazing assassin costumes and ****.

marvelfannumber
08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
How amazing would it be if we dive into 1630's and play Assassins Creed with the musketeers. Allow us to play in London, Paris and some countryside France and make me jelly, if next-gen can one day support this i'd be amazed. Storywise just make the musketeers assassins haha, man that would go for some amazing assassin costumes and ****.

But....but the musketeers were a millitary branch of the French monarchy during the reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV, and Louis XIV atleast would kind of have to be a templar considering his reign.

Also Paris during that time would be basically the EXACT same as in Unity, unless they build it to an actual 1:1 scale, but then it would take too much space for London to be a thing.

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 01:11 PM
really bored of that

Well I agree with you, totally. I feel like we’ve stuck in the same time period and the same people for far too long. I want a Sumerian or Ancient Egyptian setting. It’s about time that Ubisoft starts to venture into something that we haven’t seen a trillion times in game and movies.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Well I agree with you, totally. I feel like we’ve stuck in the same time period and the same people for far too long. I want a Sumerian or Ancient Egyptian setting. It’s about time that Ubisoft starts to venture into something that we haven’t seen a trillion times in game and movies.

Assassins existed since roman time so you would have to do egypt after the romans though. Believe me, Egypt 13th century is an amazing setting, you get the nice things of both time settings, and a possible new Ibn La Ahad char :D.

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Assassins existed since roman time so you would have to do egypt after the romans though. Believe me, Egypt 13th century is an amazing setting, you get the nice things of both time settings, and a possible new Ibn La Ahad char :D.

It’s really cool but I was thinking Egypt at the times of the Pharaohs, like BC times, same goes for the Sumerian civilization, going back to 4000BC. It would be really interesting to see the first known advanced civilizations in AC. It would be the most worthy historical tour, at least for me.

marvelfannumber
08-29-2014, 01:50 PM
It’s really cool but I was thinking Egypt at the times of the Pharaohs, like BC times

That wouldn't be too good IMO. It would have the same problem as Feudal Japan, not enough dense cities. Roman Egypt would be way better as you have Alexandria for example to run around in.

i actually would like to free run there, its kinda like havana...

Havana didn't have massive, impossibile to cross streets. It also had taller buildings than that.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 01:50 PM
It’s really cool but I was thinking Egypt at the times of the Pharaohs, like BC times, same goes for the Sumerian civilization, going back to 4000BC. It would be really interesting to see the first known advanced civilizations in AC. It would be the most worthy historical tour, at least for me.

It would seriously amazing, I agree there. It would basically allow them to create a bridge between some of them still living and our understanding of these times.

To be fair, a real arabian game for me would also be nice, for a lot of us that history is still very unknown and I really like the style some arabian writers have. AC Rev focused on the roman influence in Istanbul, AC 1 on english king and the european crusade. Give me an authentic story where we get see stuff from another perspective :).

That wouldn't be too good IMO. It would have the same problem as Feudal Japan, not enough dense cities. Roman Egypt would be way better as you have Alexandria for example to run around in.

Alexandria was there during the ''greek occupation'' as well. Take that time setting :3, Egypt still has their pharaohs, and we might even meet Alexander the Great :o.

marvelfannumber
08-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Alexandria was there during the ''greek occupation'' as well. Take that time setting :3, Egypt still has their pharaohs, and we might even meet Alexander the Great :o.

Well Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great (hence the name), so it wouldn't be super developed or parkour friendly during that time. Plus hey in Roman Egypt you also have some interesting historical figures like Cleopatra and Caesar for example. Aswell as the whole Egyptian civil war that was going on at the time.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Well Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great (hence the name), so it wouldn't be super parkour friendly during that time. Plus hey in Roman Egypt you also have some interesting historical figures like Cleopatra and Caesar for example.

True, but we already know how they die though, the info already spoiled who murdered them etc.

As for Alexandria, it was actually founded 330 BC, and was the 2nd largest city of Alexanders empire, the city was basically a rebuild version of an older city there, iirc. In a few years time it became a massive city with of course the lighthouse as it's pinnacle.

Wouldn't you agree that if we get those setting, I hope they focus on several cities like they did in AC1 and AC2?

marvelfannumber
08-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't you agree that if we get those setting, I hope they focus on several cities like they did in AC1 and AC2?

Oh definetly, they could have Alexandria and Memphis as the two main cities and they could also have Giza and Dashur as a sort of Frontier area and maybe even Athens if we're gonna have it during Alexander the Great's time.

I definetly prefer multiple cities over one, unless the one city is varied enough to remain interesting.

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Oh definetly, they could have Alexandria and Memphis as the two main cities and they could also have Giza and Dashur as a sort of Frontier area.

I definetly prefer multiple cities over one, unless the one city is varied enough to remain interesting.

I like your locations son, I like them a lot. Ubisoft better be watching this :p.

Btw if we would ever get an AC in China or w/e, I'd dig it if there would be a templar named Li and someone would go like: GIVE ME LI!!

RinoTheBouncer
08-29-2014, 04:49 PM
It would seriously amazing, I agree there. It would basically allow them to create a bridge between some of them still living and our understanding of these times.

To be fair, a real arabian game for me would also be nice, for a lot of us that history is still very unknown and I really like the style some arabian writers have. AC Rev focused on the roman influence in Istanbul, AC 1 on english king and the european crusade. Give me an authentic story where we get see stuff from another perspective :).

I completely agree with you. I’d love to see the story through the eyes of an Arab leader and writer, and focus on the important historical events in Arabian history and the Pharaohs and Sumerian Kings thing is really interesting for me because as I said, those aren’t really done commonly or done the right way, if at all, in the various forms of art from video gaming to movies.

Meeting Alexander The Great would be epic and also having something to do with Moses and his miracles, even if they’re merely mentioned would totally be amazing. I find a lot of connections in Sumer and Ancient Egypt with the First Civilization mythology, since those two are heavily mentioned in Ancient Astronauts theories and since those theories are a huge inspiration for the First Civ., I’m sure they’ll make a lot of sense to be part of an AC game.

That wouldn't be too good IMO. It would have the same problem as Feudal Japan, not enough dense cities. Roman Egypt would be way better as you have Alexandria for example to run around in..

I wouldn’t mind Feudal Japan and I don’t see the low buildings being such a problem. I mean the games are allowed to take some drastic changes every now and then and I’m sure if they make a worthy story and entertaining gameplay elements, they will compensate for the lack of view point or over-crowdedness of buildings whether in Egypt or Feudal Japan or even Sumer, which I crave so much.

Devilush
08-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Get rid of the present day stuff and just focus on the Assassin's vs Templar's story...
Shifting perspectives like in GTAV...from Assassin to Templar...anytime you like...
Harder melee combat...
Continued releases on the PS3...it is going to be another five years before I can afford a PS4 :p

CoachAssassin
08-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Get rid of the present day stuff and just focus on the Assassin's vs Templar's story...
Shifting perspectives like in GTAV...from Assassin to Templar...anytime you like...
Harder melee combat...
Continued releases on the PS3...it is going to be another five years before I can afford a PS4 :p

MD is going to conclude I assume, then we get a more HUD style idea. Shifting perspectives would make for a bad complicated story IMO, you can never get serious details in a timeline right, GTA was poor in that as well in my eyes. Melee Combat is already way harder in Unity, so enjoy it there :3. As for continued released, you at least get one in Rogue :3, with probably more to follow..

Hans684
08-29-2014, 07:14 PM

MD is the continuing of the A vs T story/war, it's never ending. The past is previous parts of the war.

omerluxy
08-29-2014, 07:40 PM

that tenant does hold water, because the point of who is different is same for all assassins because they work by the creed and rules of the brotherhood, and the brotherhood differs innocents by this : if they don't ruin peoples life, kill people, disrupt assassins while their in a mission, or work for the templars, then they are innocent , if they do one of this stuff then they are no innocent. so it doesn't matter what the assassin thinks. remember the first game? at the start altair killed a man because he thought the man will ruin the mission, after the mission al mualim found out and lowered him
to the rank of new recruit because to the rules of the brotherhood he was not innocent, that shows my point.