PDA

View Full Version : Wait! Are we still visiting Desmonds ancestors?

EmbodyingSeven5
08-20-2014, 11:53 PM
hey guys I was just wondering if shay Cormac and Arno Dorian are still part of Desmonds ancestors? I get capoosed easily!

D.I.D.
08-20-2014, 11:57 PM
I don't think they have to be anymore. I'm pretty sure Aveline wasn't supposed to be connected to him, or Adéwalé.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-20-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't think they have to be anymore. I'm pretty sure Aveline wasn't supposed to be connected to him, or Adéwalé.

oh yeah I know they weren't. I was talking about the two new ones.

D.I.D.
08-21-2014, 12:00 AM
No idea yet, sorry. I suspect they won't be, though. It makes sense to end his saga with the Kenways, and move forward with somebody else.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-21-2014, 12:02 AM
No idea yet, sorry. I suspect they won't be, though. It makes sense to end his saga with the Kenways, and move forward with somebody else.

just wasn't sure because I thought Arno looked like Ezio and Shay looked like Haytham
oh yay 100th post!

aL_____eX
08-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Ubisoft moved away from playing a 3rd person character in Black Flag's modern day part and Desmond's story was integrated with the 'Desmond files'. They also want to change the whole Animus concept I believe, which means you now play as yourself in the modern day parts. It's most likely (I believe it was even confirmed by Darby?) that Arno isn't an ancestor of Desmond and that Desmond's involvement in the series is over.

Arno is the third of four playable characters not to be related to Desmond Miles, with the first being Aveline de Grandpré, the second being Adéwalé and the fourth being Shay Cormac.
That's what his AC wiki entry says.

hood3dassassin5
08-21-2014, 02:47 AM
While Shay most likely isn't related to Desmond, Arno could be according to the list of Desmond's ancestors' timelines:
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1159165/AC4.jpg
The list shows:
Altair - 12th century Holy Land/Crusades
Ezio - 15th century Itailian Renaissance/16th century - Ottomon Empire
Connor - 18th century American Colonies/War for Independence
and Arno (most likely) - 18th century French Revolution

Let me know what you guys think.

FR0ZENZiNE
08-21-2014, 04:02 AM
He's not. Ubisoft confirmed it. Thats why all the Connor fan girls hope for an appearance of him in ACU...

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 05:02 AM
What did I tell ya, Namikze?

souNdwAve89
08-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah, Arno is NOT related to Desmond. I doubt Shay will be either. I'm glad they're moving away from it because it is ridiculous that Desmond has a lineage of some of the most important key figures in the Assassin Order. As for the Abstergo Entertainment e-mail trail, there is a possibility that any of Desmond's ancestors during those time periods do not have a direct involvement in the Assassin - Templar war. If anything, it can just be that an ancestor was around during the time period, but as a normal civilian.

Ureh
08-21-2014, 09:23 PM
It would be pretty cool if you we came across Desmond's ancestor in ACU while free-roaming. Something irrefutable and instantly recognisable that that is his ancestor!

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Desmond does have an Ancestor in the French Revolution and it was confirmed to not be Connor, so it could be Arno, or Elise.

Jexx21
08-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Desmond does have an Ancestor in the French Revolution and it was confirmed to not be Connor, so it could be Arno, or Elise.

Arno has already been confirmed to not be an ancestor of Desmond, and by that logic, Elise probably isn't either unless she has a kid with someone else.

pacmanate
08-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Arno has already been confirmed to not be an ancestor of Desmond, and by that logic, Elise probably isn't either unless she has a kid with someone else.

Well Idk who else it could be, all I know is Desmond has an Ancestor that fought in the French Revolution and those two characters are the focus atm. And who says Elise doesnt have a kid with someone else?

Namikaze_17
08-22-2014, 12:02 AM
What did I tell ya, Namikze?

Tell me what, Fatal? ;)

souNdwAve89
08-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Well Idk who else it could be, all I know is Desmond has an Ancestor that fought in the French Revolution and those two characters are the focus atm. And who says Elise doesnt have a kid with someone else?

Where did you get the info that Desmond had an ancestor that fought in the French Revolution? Like I said in my last post, just because Abstergo found out that Desmond had an ancestor during that time period doesn't mean he or she had a direct involvement in it. It's also a red herring to get fans speculating, which is why they made that list.

http://i.imgur.com/GHexPKP.png

Gin0r
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
It would be pretty cool if you we came across Desmond's ancestor in ACU while free-roaming. Something irrefutable and instantly recognisable that that is his ancestor!

Just wanted to post that. Would be a nice easter egg. I’m just not sure how they could pull it off WITHOUT just using Francisco Randez’ likeness, which would be a bit silly imo.