PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hidden blade attachments and types.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-20-2014, 05:25 AM
the hidden blade is my favorite fictional weapon hands down. I also love the cool attachments and variants. choose the attachments or blades you would like to see return in latter games. or the just your favorites!

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Hands down, the hidden gun. I thought that was the coolest idea ever.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 05:27 AM
Hidden flamethrower

http://i.imgur.com/3YF4VDQ.gif

Locopells
08-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Hookblade. It's the only one that does stuff not covered by other equipment.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Good ol' standard blade for me, although I do love the hidden gun as well, it was brilliant. Never been much of a poison fan, and the swivel one was pretty cool aesthetically but didn't serve a real, tangible purpose. Phantom blade seems cool, but I'll reserve judgment until later.

I have a love/hate relationship with the hookblade, because it does provide several gameplay perks, but it's SO damn forced and cheesy. They shoved it into situations it had no business being in, like they were desperate to make a case that it "really is useful and new, guys! Revelations isn't just a cash grab, see? Instead of tackling people, Ezio can now do the exact same thing by tripping them with his hookblade! Instead of looting guards, Ezio can grab their pouches with the new hookblade! Instead of using keys, Ezio can use his HOOKBLADE to open every lock in Constantinople! And it's super useful in fights too because it has TWO parts; the HOOK and the BLADE!"

Dear god, that line made me want to cry.

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 05:44 AM
I change my mind. The hookblade is the best.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-20-2014, 06:01 AM
The signature hidden blade, hunting blade, hidden gun and hook blade.

moneyspills1
08-22-2014, 07:18 PM
It's the only one that does stuff not covered by other equipment. Here's a video that confirms that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFG5zfuvRgk

GunnerGalactico
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
My most favourite attachments are: the hidden gun, hookblade and hidden poison blade

GoldenBoy9999
08-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I liked the hookblade pretty good.

GreySkellig
08-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Hookblade all day. All the other ones were sort of nifty, but ultimately were just an optional tool. The hookblade really changed the feel of parkour between faster climbing, safer dropping, and ziplines. It's the only hidden blade variant that I would love to see in every AC title.

The Phantom Blade...could be neat, but at the end of the day, it's basically a free-aim version of the throwing knife. In terms of ranged stealth, Connor's bow remains my preferred tool--despite its absolutely horrifying detection rules.

GoldenBoy9999
08-23-2014, 12:27 AM
I too love the bow. I've used it more than any other tool in AC.

HiddenKiller612
08-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Hidden gun... most definitely. I also like the concept of Connors original hidden blade...

SixKeys
08-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Plain blade and poison blade.

Ureh
08-23-2014, 01:10 AM
It's the only one that does stuff not covered by other equipment. Here's a video that confirms that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFG5zfuvRgk

Did you post the wrong video or something? :p

HiddenKiller612
08-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Did you post the wrong video or something? :p
It's spam...

Ureh
08-23-2014, 02:51 AM
I like all of the attachments. But if I had to choose.... it would come down between the gun and the hook. Let's go with the hook.

I too love the bow. I've used it more than any other tool in AC.

Yeah I love it even though it was kinda overpowered. I think if the guards are lined up just right you can take down 5-6 in one shot. Maybe more! 8O

aL_____eX
08-23-2014, 02:57 AM
I guess I'm going to like the Phantom Blade. So far I'm going with the Hook Blade, which had awesome mechanics (combat and parkour) and cool design.

shobhit7777777
08-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Poison blade

Walking around...oops!..you're poisoned!

RinoTheBouncer
08-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Hookblade and Hidden Gun. Those were by far, the best and most useful. I wasnít a big fan of poison. I didnít use it much, if at all and I donít see whatís so special about having a bow on your wrist. I know it looks fancy and could be useful, but I wasnít a big fan of bows and arrows in AC, either.

aL_____eX
08-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Hookblade and Hidden Gun. Those were by far, the best and most useful. I wasn’t a big fan of poison. I didn’t use it much, if at all and I don’t see what’s so special about having a bow on your wrist. I know it looks fancy and could be useful, but I wasn’t a big fan of bows and arrows in AC, either.
Hmm... the bow was my most favourite tool in Assassin's Creed so far. That's one of the things I loved most about ACIII, running through trees and hunting with the bow.

HiddenKiller612
08-23-2014, 11:39 AM
I love the bow in every game it's in... In Far Cry 3 I used the silent sniper rifle, the bow, and the knife... tested everything else out... but always stuck with mah bow and sniper :D

RinoTheBouncer
08-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Hmm... the bow was my most favourite tool in Assassin's Creed so far. That's one of the things I loved most about ACIII, running through trees and hunting with the bow.

In ACIII it was good cause it fit the atmosphere. I don’t about attacking it to a hidden blade. I mean maybe It’ll grow on me later when I play the game, but it wasn’t as exciting to me as shooting a gun or using the hook blade.

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2014, 12:10 PM
In ACIII it was good cause it fit the atmosphere. I don’t about attacking it to a hidden blade. I mean maybe It’ll grow on me later when I play the game, but it wasn’t as exciting to me as shooting a gun or using the hook blade.

Well, when you think about Unity, it's a fair attachment, especially since it's CO-OP. It's suppose to be the new standard mechanism tool for stealth that isn't degrading or OP. In the previous titles, the stealth tools were either OP or redundant. The hidden gun was not stealthy, the throwing knives were semi-unrealistic and OP, and the bow and arrow weren't as practical as usable as they promised. With the Phantom Blade, they are able to push those features into both SP and CO-OP, and make it practical while giving Unity an iconic weapon.

I don't know if that made sense but you get the point.

king-hailz
08-23-2014, 12:55 PM
The standard double hidden blade... but I do love the hidden gun attachment!

Hans684
08-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Classic HB('s). Simple and effective for most situations.

Poison Blade/Dart, I don't care much for the Poison Blade but I love the dart. It's far more effective.

Hookblade, it's fast and effective. It's mix of two core pillars.

Phoantom Blade, I know I'm gonna like it. It's like mini-bow version of the Poison Dart and it's a mix of two core pillars.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Hidden gun... most definitely. I also like the concept of Connors original hidden blade...

that's the hunting blade

I love the bow in every game it's in... In Far Cry 3 I used the silent sniper rifle, the bow, and the knife... tested everything else out... but always stuck with mah bow and sniper :D

lol just read your location. now im goanna have nightmares!!