PDA

View Full Version : Will I HAVE to change Arnos clothing?

Jish_01
08-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey guys! Sorry if is question has been asked before or if this isn't worthy of its own thread. But I was wondering if it would give me a massive disadvantage in the game if I was to keep Arnos gear the same as in the gameplay videos we've seen so far, just I like to always keep my assassin looking like he's supposed to look (like in the trailers).

Assassin_M
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
You can try NOT changing, i'm sure you can finish the game without any extra stats but it'll be harder....which is awesome.

rickprog
08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I would like to think you don't. However, the devs have been very incisive about customization being key on Unity, perhaps because they're proud of their job at crafting the customization system. Maybe the skill points system should compensate for not customizing your Arno's outfit. It's still an unanswered question officially, though...

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I guess standard Arno will do perfect for players with a more stealthy style of playing. Those who love open combat, are definitely going to need the massive armors.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Consider how open ended Unity is going to be I doubt it, it's just going to force you plan even more ahead if you prefer to play stealthy and you still have the sync points giving you access to skills you consider for your play style. Try combat with Arno's default outfit and you will most likely die, if it's true the combat is challenging.

Aphex_Tim
08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
As long as they don't pull the same stunt as in AC:R and AC4 where you HAVE to buy new spaulders and new swords because the story demands it.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 02:12 AM
As long as they don't pull the same stunt as in AC:R and AC4 where you HAVE to buy new spaulders and new swords because the story demands it.

I don't mind being forced to buy an upgrade or two in a tutorial, as long as I can take if off if I don't want it. That was the only problem with Ezio's armor IMO, once you bought it you could never go back to the default robes. Luckily in Revelations the armor they made you buy was basically just a recolor of the spaulders he already had. Nothing as awful as the Roman armor in ACB, that crap just looked horrid.

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 03:11 AM
I don't mind being forced to buy an upgrade or two in a tutorial, as long as I can take if off if I don't want it. That was the only problem with Ezio's armor IMO, once you bought it you could never go back to the default robes. Luckily in Revelations the armor they made you buy was basically just a recolor of the spaulders he already had. Nothing as awful as the Roman armor in ACB, that crap just looked horrid.

...What we didn't try to escape the upgrades in sequence 2. :(

Lonnie_Jackson
08-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Hopefully they at least make the "CGI Trailer" costume a set you can find later in the game with updated stats. Fingers crossed!

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Well they said you will have to 'upgrade' Arno in order to do missions as the story progresses. I really like Arno's basic robes and don't really want him to wear another stuff just to finish the game.

AherasSTRG
08-20-2014, 10:07 AM
There is a chance individual pieces of gear are going to be upgradeable.

Matt.mc
08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
On this sort of topic, Does anyone else think that (now we have this awesome customization) that even before we don our outfits that we get to customize it ala Saints Row/Skyrim? Or that we will just get those blue robes and then get to go from there?

RinoTheBouncer
08-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I really hope we’ll HAVE TO change. I’ve always loved changing outfits in video games since the classic Tomb Raider and Resident Evil games, and now that we’re expanding with gameplay mechanics and realism, I think we can give outfit more uses than just cosmetic appearance nor the typical “this outfit makes you stronger” thing. But rather suitable to the weather, for disguise, for strength and suitability with certain missions and weapons..etc.

aL_____eX
08-20-2014, 03:39 PM
I really hope we’ll HAVE TO change. I’ve always loved changing outfits in video games since the classic Tomb Raider and Resident Evil games, and now that we’re expanding with gameplay mechanics and realism, I think we can give outfit more uses than just cosmetic appearance nor the typical “this outfit makes you stronger” thing. But rather suitable to the weather, for disguise, for strength and suitability with certain missions and weapons..etc.
I don't mind changing the outfits in games if just some of them wouldn't look so much out of place. For example - and I know it's cool having the opportunity to wear them - but how do legacy outfits make any sense? Or sometimes the alternative outfits are soooo ugly, like this massive armor you got in Revelations when opening the Vault in Hagia Sophia. Or some of the things Ezio could buy in Rome. They give you better health, but also let you look like a clown.

So I only hope you're not forced to use anything that changes Arno's optical appearance, because I really like his standard robes. I think Ubisoft did a great job on the Assassin's outfits in general in the past.

dimbismp
08-20-2014, 04:12 PM
I hope that there is an option to just change the color of the robes,so that we can get the iconic white..

Lonnie_Jackson
08-20-2014, 04:17 PM
The customization is something we, well I think most wanted since AC:B so it's nice to see it in finally. However I believe some like to immerse ourselves with not only the story, but look of our characters. To me it's just as important to keep that immersion flowing as if it was part of the story. Everytime there is an AC game people fall in love/hate the robes so options are great. I just hope those that love the original design are not left out stat wise.

Shahkulu101
08-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes, if you don't change outfits Amancio will personally travel to your house and give you a smack on the bottom for not using the progression system he and his team worked so hard on...

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Good, good. A perfect excuse to kidnap Amancio to take selfies with him. Then you'll all be jealous. Very, very jealous.

LeVoyageur07
08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Won't his clothes start to smell after a while?

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes, if you don't change outfits Amancio will personally travel to your house and give you a smack on the bottom for not using the progression system he and his team worked so hard on...

Well that is something to think about...