PDA

View Full Version : Puckle gun tease.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Anyone remember the discussion between Du Casse and Woodes Rogers about some gun. Turns out it's true.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/James_Puckle

James Puckle (1677 – 1724) was an English inventor, lawyer and writer from London, notably remembered for creating the Puckle gun in 1718, the first modern machine gun.

He was a friend of Woodes Rogers, the Governor of the Bahamas and a Templar.[1] During his time sailing across North America and the Atlantic Ocean, the Templar Shay Cormac had outfitted his flagship Morrigan with a Puckle gun.[2]

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Mister_Walpole,_I_Presume%3F

Julien: I long for the day where one firearm carries four bullets, and not the opposite.

Woodes: I have a friend in England you may like to meet, Julien. James Puckle... he's working on something extraordinary.

Julien: (Wonderful!)

rickprog
08-19-2014, 08:51 PM
He died on 1724, so I guess we won't be seeing him in Rogue... Nice find though!

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that conversation. Nice memory and nice find! :)

GunnerGalactico
08-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that conversation too.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah, I remember that conversation. Nice memory and nice find! :)

Thanks. It's one of the neutral memories, it's goes so smooth that it's almost real. A great performance.

He died on 1724, so I guess we won't be seeing him in Rogue... Nice find though!

Thanks and we don't need to see every historical person.

Aphex_Tim
08-19-2014, 09:12 PM
I remember it as well, it's cool, but is everything that is mentioned in an AC game considered a tease now if it shows up in a next game?
Next thing people are gonna go crazy over a folding chair since it was mentioned in AC3...

SHADOWGARVIN
08-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Anyone remember the discussion between Du Casse and Woodes Rogers about some gun.

Yes, someone pointed this out in a thread about rogue being teased in AC black flag.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:18 PM
I remember it as well, it's cool, but is everything that is mentioned in an AC game considered a tease now if it shows up in a next game?

It's Ubisoft we are talking about, we need to be more eagle eyed about conversations in the games, how many of those "random" teases had turned out to be true? Properly to much, like the discussion between Adéwalé and Edward that mentions Paris. And we get an AC during the FR in France the next year. I'm defiantly going to watch the conversations in future AC games with eagle eyes.

Next thing people are gonna go crazy over a folding chair since it was mentioned in AC3...

Lel.

Yes, someone pointed this out in a thread about rogue being teased in AC black flag.

I know but this is more solid than speculation/assumption.

rickprog
08-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks and we don't need to see every historical person.

I'm actually fine with that. Just thought it was what you meant by making the thread, lol.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm actually fine with that. Just thought it was what you meant by making the thread, lol.

Just pointing out that Ubisoft shows more than we see and clear up the puckle gun situation.

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Just pointing out that Ubisoft shows more than we see and clear up the puckle gun situation.
I agree with you, but sometimes they put so many references and hints into their games that it is hard to decide whether something is planned or just randomly integrated. It's a fact that every game contains hints for the next setting, but in most of the cases the games contain hints for about 10 possible sequels.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:38 PM
I agree with you, but sometimes they put so many references and hints into their games that it is hard to decide whether something is planned or just randomly integrated. It's a fact that every game contains hints for the next setting, but in most of the cases the games contain hints for about 10 possible sequels.

There is some French blog(or something) that had predicted every setting for future AC's, I'd say we fallow him/her and the games conversations.