PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft is "ready to take risks" with Assassin's Creed - "we are very flexible"

ze_topazio
08-19-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.totalxbox.com/80478/ubisoft-is-ready-to-take-risks-with-assassins-creed-we-are-very-flexible/

Just thought this article is fairly interesting.

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Ready to take risks?

Make a Connor sequel.

ze_topazio
08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
^ That is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too risky.

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Then stretch your legs and get more flexible.

TheHumanTowel
So Unity was due to be released in 2013? Jesus glad they got an extra year.

CSKarasu
Ready to take risks?

Make a Connor sequel.

Disagree!

Anyway, I've seen some areas in Unity where they've taken risks, but I still think they could do more to refresh the series. Maybe the game will feel refreshing, will have to wait and see.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Ready to take risks?

Make a Connor sequel.

My thoughts exactly :p

Interesting article though :)

RinoTheBouncer
08-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Yes. Ubisoft. Take risks. Be experimental. Repeating the same formula or creating what the majority of players expect will never get the franchise to hire places. Experiment as much as you want as long as it gives more depth to each game, more story value and background to each adventure and character and more importance to the connectivity of one game to another. I wanna see the franchise going way before Altair, perhaps in ancient history or maybe in the early 20th century.

I wanna see the game being what we don’t expect it to be but also what we’re gonna love so much, just like how we loved the very first games when they came out. To me, I never liked historical games or movies but when AC1 came out, I adored the franchise because it had the right proportions of everything from modern day to history to conspiracy theories and sci-fi elements. It was just brilliant and that’s what makes me consider the first 5 AC games on major consoles to be one of the best things to ever happen to the gaming world and they were a result of experimentations and risks.

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't see it really as taking a risk anyway.

Condensing your dev time and not revamping mechanics after years of the same thing is in itself a risk.

RinoTheBouncer
08-19-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't see it really as taking a risk anyway.

Condensing your dev time and not revamping mechanics after years of the same thing is in itself a risk.

I agree about that. I’m stealing your signature, by the way.

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 07:08 PM
'Tis coo' long as give credit I guess

ze_topazio
08-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm just happy with the extra year of work on Unity.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Good news, take as much risk you can and keep AC as flexible as possible.