PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILERS** Elise the Templar and more about Arno's skills and equipment

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I've found this interview which has more in-dept informations about Elise and Arno's skills and equipment. It doesn't says the source of the interview..

Can you tell us more about Elise?

Elise de la Serre, born in 1770, is a strong-willedand intense new character, affiliated with the Templars. The only daughter of François and Julie De La Serre, Élise grew up in a modestly wealthy but incredibly privileged environment. As a member of the aristocracy in the waning days of the Ancien Regime, she had access to the finest tutors, medicine, and food available. After her mother’s death in 1778, Élise spent a great deal of time traveling, including several years of study in Paris. After her father’s death, she seems to vanish from documented history, likely as a result of Revolutionary efforts to purge records of the nobility.
As far as her hobbies are concerned, the fiery Templar enjoys acrobatics, fencing, horsemanship, … and manipulation !

What is the relation between Arno and Elise?

Arno and Elise grew up together. As children they were friends, but the friendship matured as they did. Elise and Arno are two sides to the same coin. She is extremely driven, fiercely independent and deeply in love with Arno. Their choices and events around them have brought them to this point but while Arno is on a quest for redemption, Elise is driven by vengeance.

What can you tell us about the diversity of Paris’ districts in the game ? Does the atmosphere really differ from one place to another?

The game takes place in the massive and multi-layered city of Paris. It is composed of seven districts, but they’re more than just districts. They are cities within the city, with different atmospheres, unique visuals and original gameplay themes. The district you are playing in will directly impact the theme and tone of missionsand side content.

For instance, a player exploring the “Ile De La Cité” district which is a more religious and medieval district, will have a totally different experience than a player exploring “Le Marais” or “La Bièvre”, two districts also very different from one another. In “Le Louvre”, the player will discover large monuments and open spaces crowded with barricades and soldiers. As for the military district, it will be even more open, which will contrast with “Le Champ de Mars”, a district essentially made of large buildings. Finally, “Le Quartier Latin” is more artistic and full of students. And there are also richer environments where the player will be able to explore nobles’ villas. All in all, the player willexperience a great variety of structures and landscapes when exploring the different districts.

More http://gematsu.com/2014/08/assassins-creed-unity-gamescom-screenshots

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I figured they knew each for a long time.

Thanks for the info!

SHADOWGARVIN
08-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks!

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Shay being Elise's father debunked

Well crap. Now how can Rogue connect to Unity, I wonder?

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Shay killed Arno's real father perhaps?

I wanted Elise to be older than Arno tho..

Hans684
08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Shay killed Arno's real father perhaps?

I wanted Elise to be older than Arno tho..

Talked to much with Benjamin Franklin :rolleyes:

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Shay being Elise's father debunked

Well crap. Now how can Rogue connect to Unity, I wonder?
I'm starting to believe again that it's the box from Freedom Cry (formerly in Ezio's hands) which Shay gets after killing Adewale and which then somehow lands in France - and the box contains Arno's pocket watch. #RogueUnityconnectionleaked

By the way, I already love the character of Elise. I had some spare time to spend and did some musix for her...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVW8tgGY_w

Assassin_M
08-19-2014, 08:38 PM
YES, finally..no more Shay being Elise's father hahahahahahaha

rickprog
08-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Those few lines on the districts gave more detail on them than the French Revolution chapter-divided thing Ubi released not long ago.

So if we were to create an event timeline so far it would be

1768- Arno's birth
1770- Elise's birth
1776- Arno's father death -> Arno being adopted by Elise's father
1778- Elise's mother death

It makes me curious if Arno was part of those travels Elise was in, too. He was only 10 by then, after all, and two years doesn't sound like enough time for a childhood friendship to mature into anything.

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 09:24 PM
They said in an interview that Arno and Elise didn't see each other for a while. Maybe upon her return Arno fully in puberty saw Elise all grown up and you know 'matured' their relationsip..

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 01:52 AM
YES, finally..no more Shay being Elise's father hahahahahahaha

B-b-but, he could have changed his name! He could have said "hey, lemme change from the most stereotypical Irish name imaginable to the most stereotypical French name imaginable!" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm surprised Elise is so much younger than Arno. I mean three years isn't much of a difference as adults, but as kids that's pretty dramatic. And in that screenshot of them as kids, Elise looked a little older than Arno actually.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Well props to Ubi for not going the Shay = Elise's father route then.

That means the ending to Rogue will be much more unpredictable

I like surprises

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 01:58 AM

I like surprises

Shay gets assassinated

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 01:59 AM
That's not a surprise hnghh

A surprise would be him actually living.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 02:15 AM
That's not a surprise hnghh

A surprise would be him actually living.

Technically if we're still in an Animus he CAN'T die, unless we play the ending as a different character (Haytham)

Which is why I'm sick of the Animus, it literally guarantees that the main character is going to be fine at the end. Makes it pretty low-stakes.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 02:24 AM
There's ways around that.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 02:29 AM
There's ways around that.

No there isn't, unless you're watching it through another ancestor's eyes it's not possible.

Kakuzu745
08-20-2014, 02:32 AM

I like surprises

Exactly...great choice by UBI

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 02:33 AM
No there isn't, unless you're watching it through another ancestor's eyes it's not possible.

Or the man's pregnant wife witnesses it.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 02:48 AM
Or the man's pregnant wife witnesses it.

That would be through the eyes of another ancestor, as I said. You couldn't just play seamlessly (:rolleyes:) through Arno's life right up to the moment of his death. Unless he had a heart attack and flopped over dead immediately after he orgasmed.

And that's where I'm going to stop this conversation...

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 02:50 AM
huehuehue seamlessly

Unless he had a heart attack and flopped over dead immediately after he orgasmed.

pfffft oh sodding christ now I need a new drink! ahahahahaa

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 09:03 AM
And there's where this thread has gone..
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/polar-bear-sliding-down-hill-snow-13621873677.gif

AherasSTRG
08-20-2014, 06:04 PM
SPOILERS ON POINT #7

News about ‪#‎ACUnity‬ coming from Gematsu.com!
- It will be possible to change Arno’s hood, coat, boots, gloves and belt. There will be around 200 individual gears that can be worn in-game, each with its gameplay attributes
- The weapons will be melee or ranged. There will be around 85 weapons in game, such as swords, axes, spears, blunt weapons, pistols and long guns
- There will also be tools and consumables, such as medicines, bombs and lockpicks
- It will be possible to upgrade everything that Arno wears on his body, which will be divided into five categories: head, legs, arms, waist and chest. Head items will change the visuals of the hood and will change variables such as decreasing the proximity reaction speed of the guards and increasing the radius of the Eagle Sense.
Leg items will change the visuals of Arno's pants and boots and will be able to decrease the damage received after falling from high places or to decrease the noise made while running. Also leg items will also be able to provide additional health.
Arm items will change the visuals of the Hidden Blade and will be able to provide the player with increased melee damage, along with increasing the Phantom Blade capacity and the time it takes to revive the player's friends.
Waist items will change the visuals of Arno's belt and sash and will deal with the amount of objects that can be carried, such as increased cherry bombs, increased smoke bombs, etc. Waist items will also increase health.
Chest items will change the visuals of Arno's robes and will change parameters such as defense, blending time (while hiding in crowds) and the time it takes to be detected by a guard.
- When the game starts, Arno will not be an Assassin. Customization will represent Arno's progression and his journey to become a Master Assassin
- There will be four categories that the player will be able to choose from when specializing his/her Assassin: “Melee”, which will focus on offense, “Health”, which will focus on defense, “Ranged", which will be about navigation and assassination, and “Stealth”, which will be about pure stealth.
- SPOILER ALERT: Elise, or better Elise de la Serre was born in 1770, the only daughter of François and Julie De La Serre. Elise grew up in a modestly wealthy but incredibly privileged environment. As a member of the aristocracy in the waning days of the Ancien Regime, she had access to the finest tutors, medicine, and food available. After her mother’s death in 1778, Elise spent a great deal of time traveling, including several years of study in Paris. After her father’s death, she seems to vanish from documented history, "likely as a result of Revolutionary efforts to purge records of the nobility."
Her hobbies are acrobatics, fencing, horsemanship, "…and manipulation!"
- There will be seven districts in Paris. They are considered as "cities within the city", because of their different atmospheres, unique visuals and original gameplay themes. Also, the district in which the player will be playing in will directly impact the theme and tone of missions and the side content too. “Ile De La Cité” will be a religious and medieval district, which according to the source of the news will bring a totally different experience than “Le Marais” or “La Bièvre”. In “Le Louvre”, the player will discover large monuments and open spaces crowded with barricades and soldiers. There will also be a military district, which will be even more open than "Le Louvre", and which will contrast with “Le Champ de Mars”, a district essentially made of large buildings. Finally, “Le Quartier Latin” will be an artistic district full of students.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-20-2014, 06:05 PM
This was already posted yesterday.

AherasSTRG
08-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Point 4 is the most interesting. We pretty much knew the rest.

AherasSTRG
08-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Second unnecessary thread in a row... I am really doing bad these days... *removes hat and walks away looking at the floor"

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
We still love you.