PDA

View Full Version : Possible links and functions of Arno's pocket watch

RA503
08-19-2014, 05:35 PM
hi people, I new to this forum, but I already make treads in the initiates forum before they migrate here.

this theory is only a possibility is that what I thought and want your opinion about this :

remember the e-mails in the AC 1 ? (I not sure that ubsoft remember this, but they have initiates that make a good work to show up every plot left unsolvet) in the alan rickkin computer (inclusive is here that the cristal skull is mentioned for the first time) said about a piece of eden with time manipulation powers used in filadelphia project that is locked by abstergo and not is used because of fear of change something, I not sayng that is the pocket watch only a possiblity,

origin:

is a possibility that the pocket watch is the thing inside the box that ezio give to shao jun, in some way, its travel's to america and is left with adewale and he left it with the woman in the end of freedon cry, rogue will show us that shay meybe enter in contact with the object, if some theories saying that shay maybe is elise's father and adoptive father of arno he probably left the watch with him.

this is some of my theories watch is yours and opinion ? I want to give some bust to this forum, the majority of tread is about connors, I hope some people of initiates forum is here .

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Nah I don't think the watch was what was inside the box.

Would be underwhelming IMO

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
It's got the initials E A on it... Ezio Auditore...

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 05:51 PM
It's got the initials E A on it... Ezio Auditore...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/513/984/ba6.gif

OH GOD I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT

jayjay275
08-19-2014, 05:54 PM
What if Machiavelli gave the watch to Ezio Auditore...?

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 05:54 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/513/984/ba6.gif

OH GOD I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT

Ye, people think it's Elise - Arno, but I believe we know better :rolleyes:. Might be something else entirely too. But if E A = Ezio Auditore, I am gonna go like the guy in the gif you posted.

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Wow that's really good find! That could be the tie between Rogue and Unity. Shay getting the watch, then somehow Arno's real father obtaining them..

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 05:58 PM
It clearly is a homage to Electronic Arts.

But yeah it might be the 'cameo' Amancio was referring to regarding Ezio

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 05:59 PM
It clearly is a homage to Electronic Arts.

But yeah it might be the 'cameo' Amancio was referring to regarding Ezio
LOL and that's the Unity!

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 06:06 PM
As far as the PoE that manipulates time from AC1 is concerned, I believe that this was intended to be a reference to The Dagger of Time, the artifact from Prince of Persia, the spiritual ancestor to AC. Nevertheless, Ubisoft might still use the idea of time and space manipulation for Unity or a future AC.

RinoTheBouncer
08-19-2014, 06:18 PM
It could be Elise + Arno. It’s more likely. I don’t know if this has been clarified.
But the "Ezio Auditore” idea is just perfect!

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
It could be Elise + Arno. It’s more likely. I don’t know if this has been clarified.
But the "Ezio Auditore” idea is just perfect!
Why would it be Elise and Arno? Arno's real father probably had no idea about Elise when he got the pocket watch :)

RinoTheBouncer
08-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Why would it be Elise and Arno? Arno's real father probably had no idea about Elise when he got the pocket watch :)

I don’t know. Just speculating... maybe Arno’s father gave it to him and he wrote her name or she wrote their names on it, later as they got into a relationship or something.

RA503
08-19-2014, 06:37 PM
''Ezio auditore'' good find, because of this is good share the theories with another fans, aheradrim the AC 1 e-mail, could be a prince of percia reference but re reading it :

''Philadelphia Project - Data provided from Animus Subject Twelve indicates that the ship briefly manifested in a future state for approximately 18 minutes. It is unclear whether the timeline is consistent with or parallel to our own. Although we have recovered enough data to reconstruct and repair the original artifact used in the experiment, Administration has refused to move forward on the project, citing paradox concerns. Corporate policy remains in place: any objects found to interfere with or manipulate time must be contained. Artifact will be moved to secure storage.''

I think that if is the case they will be more clear like saying that the artifact is a dagger or saying that is found on iran(persia in the past).

RinoTheBouncer
08-19-2014, 07:05 PM
If it’s a time manipulating device that has E.A. initials on it, and those turned out to stand for Ezio Auditore, then I wonder who wrote the initials and if it’s Ezio, then how and when did he get it and if not, then who wrote them on it... It would be very interesting if they’re willing to go that far and connect the games like that.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 07:14 PM
As far as the PoE that manipulates time from AC1 is concerned, I believe that this was intended to be a reference to The Dagger of Time, the artifact from Prince of Persia, the spiritual ancestor to AC. Nevertheless, Ubisoft might still use the idea of time and space manipulation for Unity or a future AC.

http://www.operatorchan.org/vg/src/140744901136.jpg

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Sorry for spoiling the party, but the initials on Arno's watch are C and A. :nonchalance:

CSKarasu
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
I found out where the pocket watch came from!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t7tPSnxfQD4/T74aLqazRLI/AAAAAAAAFLQ/Ahwh0rzgIXg/s1600/Back+to+the+Future+III+by+Drew+Struzan_2.jpg

Jexx21
08-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Sorry for spoiling the party, but the initials on Arno's watch are C and A. :nonchalance:

Connor Auditore.

Layytez
08-19-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm thinking Elise + Arno. Arno's step father gave both of them a watch so that what ever happens in future they don't forgot the time they spent with each other.

jeordievera
08-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Connor Auditore.
Connor + Arno <3
:cool:

Hans684
08-19-2014, 07:58 PM
If I remember correctly the watch belonged to his Assassin father, so maybe the first letter "C" or "E" stand for his mothers first name and "A" for his fathers first name or the other way around.

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 08:07 PM
another cliché guess would be 'credo des assassins'

Hans684
08-19-2014, 08:20 PM

That do sound plausible.

NondairyGold
08-19-2014, 09:36 PM

I'm liking this, very plausible. On a side note if it is E + A then why can't it be Eve and Adam. Just throwing it out there!!!

Megas_Doux
08-19-2014, 09:41 PM
No!!!!!

See, a XVI century pocket watch would have looked like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Christoph_Schissler_-_Portable_Drum_Watch_-_Walters_5870_-_View_B.jpg
http://cdn.gajitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/first-painting-of-a-watch.jpg

Whereas one from the XVIII:

http://img.timezone.com/img/articles/cjrml0006/Pocket1.jpg

Arno´s looks similar to the latter.

Hans684
08-19-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm liking this, very plausible. On a side note if it is E + A then why can't it be Eve and Adam. Just throwing it out there!!!

Possible but far stretched.

Shahkulu101
08-19-2014, 10:07 PM
It's a POE, which grants Arno the supernatural ability to tell the time...

rob1990312
08-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Thats a very far fetched theory, Also concerning ezios box, darby wrote that into embers and black flag so it probably wont appear again until another project that darby is directly involved in. Why cant it just be a watch?

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Think broader, people! It's not the watch that concerns us! It's what is inside the watch, in its mechanics! A magnetic key to a TWCB laboratory maybe?

RA503
08-20-2014, 02:07 AM
Thats a very far fetched theory, Also concerning ezios box, darby wrote that into embers and black flag so it probably wont appear again until another project that darby is directly involved in. Why cant it just be a watch?

I don't think that the writers are all independent of one another they be have some reunion before they think of what will be the main subject of a game example :

some major head said that the game will have to include piece of eden x and have that include a hook to the sequel y or character z and the writter of the game created the plot around this ideas, we have to know if is darby idea to include the box in embers in first place, also freedon cry is not writed by darby.

rickprog
08-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Vincent Pontbriand confirmed the watch has no ingame functions and that it belonged to Arno's father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbsv6x6YN5s

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 02:22 AM
pocket watching being Piece of Eden.....debunked?

It's VERY important...but doesn't affect gameplay.

Could still be a PoE or have a PoE inside it or something.

The assassin brotherhood is very outdated in Unity...? Huh...

lololol "love and judy"

And yay templar love <3

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Vincent Pontbriand confirmed the watch has no ingame functions and that it belonged to Arno's father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbsv6x6YN5s

Came here to post this.

But yeah, I really can't make out the initials on the watch. If it's C.A. then "credo des assassines" makes sense. If it's E.A. then Ezio Auditore is probable since Arno comes from a long Assassin lineage.

rickprog
08-20-2014, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't even go with the PoE idea. And Ezio Auditore is unlikely as well because of how pocket watches were in the XVI century, just like Megas_Doux posted; couldn't have been owned by Ezio. It could be just a very meaningful pocket watch, after all.

I do wonder what the initials are and what they stand for, though.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 05:15 AM
And Ezio Auditore is unlikely as well because of how pocket watches were in the XVI century, just like Megas_Doux posted; couldn't have been owned by Ezio..

Let's not forget he was pals with Leonardo Da Vinci, who was privvy to all kinds of futuristic tech thanks to the Codex and the Apple. No, there weren't any watches like that in the 1500s, but there weren't any wrist-mounted crossbows either.

And no, this isn't me grasping at straws desperate for the return of Ezio, it just seems likely considering A.) it can't be Arno's dad's initials since his last name starts with a D, B). it's already been suggested that there's an Ezio reference, and C.) Ezio visited Leonardo in France right before he died. The only other likely scenario I can think of is that it was his mom's initials featuring her maiden name, but something tells me the watch has a more significant backstory to it than just an old trinket his dad owned. They've shown way too much of it for it to be that simple IMO.