PDA

View Full Version : Some control changes I would want for Unity

Sushiglutton
08-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Without even knowing how the control layout for Unity really is, I'll still suggest some changes I want. Bear with me on this one :)!

Holding left on d-pad will bring up a slow-mo gadget selection wheel. There are a few reasons for why this is good. First off it frees up the the rest of the d-pad. Secondly it's a lot less finicky than tapping four times on the d-pad to get to the gadget you want. The slow-mo means you have time to choose what you want, while at the same time you stay in the action. I know this was done allready in GTA V (and the Witcher 2), but it's the best quickselection system out there imo. If you can't beat it, copy it!
Hold up on d-pad for the high ground feature. I like the idea of the assassin being king of the rooftops. Being able to quickly tell which opportunities are around you strengthen this fantasy. However making the feature automatic is a terrible decision imo. It means I'll insta turn it off in the the HUD menu. If whenever you are standing still on a rooftop to admire beautiful Paris, the screen is cluttered with icons it would ruin so much of the experience for me. So map it to a button!!!
Right on the d-pad for disguise.
Down to drop smoke bomb. It seems like AC still won't feature quickfire for some mysterious reason. Disapoining, but if there's one gadget you just have to be able to quickfire it's the smokebomb. Smokebombs are all about that split second moment when you are discovered and then you throw them to disappear. Having to access them through a menu ruins that moment. "Seamlessness" is not just about loading screens, it's also about reducing the need for menus as much as possible!
Medecine is not a mechanic I want back, so I'm just gonna forget about it ;)!
Tab LB to toggle stealth mode.
Hold LT to aim selected gadget, RB to shoot.
Tap RB to quickfire selected gadget.
LT+ facebuttons to quickfire all the various gadgets.

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2014, 01:09 PM
I like 2, 5, 7, and 8.

I disagree with 6. I'd rather stealth mode be mapped on left analog. LB should be target focus, or whatever it's called.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-19-2014, 01:33 PM
lol. A lot of arkham controls. I couldn't care less about the disguise feature, but potions could be very usefull in a boss fight. I hope the boss fights are very difficult!

aL_____eX
08-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Someone mentioned it in a different thread last week: It would be cool if you could switch the HUD on/off by pressing both analog sticks at the same time. This would be an awesome new control feature! You could free roam and enjoy all the beauty Paris offers or just increase the mission difficulty without any objectives, but if you need the map/objectives/whatever you could just switch back to the HUD for a moment.

straty88
08-19-2014, 02:41 PM
I agree with most of these besides 6 and 7. I think, as someone else suggested, stealth mode should be on L3. It just slightly more convenient . Similar to how all camera controls are on the right. As for shooting, I think AC4 got it right. Once you hold LT you can no longer run and RT fires your gun until you let go of LT. Also 100% agree about the weapon wheel. Copy it Ubi! :)

Matt.mc
08-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I like your choices. Here are mine that I would like changed. :D

A
B Cover
X
Y Use Secondary Weapon
RT Enter High Profile, Sprint
LT
RB Use Gadget (Hold to show trajectory, release to throw, Tap to throw to the ground)
LB
UP Eagle Vision
DOWN High Ground Feature
LEFT Weapon Wheel (slow mo)
RIGHT quick inventory switch.
LS Walk/Jog - Click to Crouch
RS Move Camera - Click
BACK Map
START Pause, obviously