PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 Mac OS X (Steam)

aussiewilliams
08-19-2014, 06:44 AM
I am new to AC2 and have difficulties using keyboard controls on Mac OS X running Steam. I cannot manage to get the character to run or walk fast no matter what key I assign to the "Leg"

What am I doing wrong? Because I cannot run, I am unable to get past the first level.

thanks
aussie

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2014, 07:35 AM
AC:2 was poorly optimized. Try changing the controls in the options menu.

aussiewilliams
08-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Fatal,

thanks, but I have tried changing the key assignment. Am I doing something wrong? I have changed it to spacebar and when I press spacebar nothing happens. I even tried combination of W ad spacebar but the character only walks.

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Try Shift + Spacebar + W or Right Click + W

I don't own a MAC, and I usually use a controller with Windows so I'm not sure how much helpful I can be. =/

wvstolzing
08-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Not sure if this is relevant, but back when I played AC2 on a Mac, I remember the Space Bar *or Return* not registering *at all*, so that I wouldn't even be able to get past the title screen.
The only 'solution' I was able to find, was to keep quitting and restarting the game, and eventually I'd be able to use either key.

Repeatedly restarting the game *might* work; if not, reinstalling might.

Also: Are you using an external keyboard? Those cause issues as well. Maybe try restarting the game after unplugging the external keyboard?

aussiewilliams
08-19-2014, 09:13 AM
BTW, I have the STEAM version

aussiewilliams
08-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Not sure if this is relevant, but back when I played AC2 on a Mac, I remember the Space Bar *or Return* not registering *at all*, so that I wouldn't even be able to get past the title screen.
The only 'solution' I was able to find, was to keep quitting and restarting the game, and eventually I'd be able to use either key.

Also: Are you using an external keyboard? Those cause issues as well. Maybe try restarting the game after unplugging the external keyboard?

Hi wvstolzing

I am using a wireless Mac keyboard on an iMac. Sorry for the confusion, the game is not running under steam. i was mistaken

wvstolzing
08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Hi wvstolzing

I am using a wireless Mac keyboard on an iMac. Sorry for the confusion, the game is not running under steam. i was mistaken

Sorry I should have added that I was using the external keyboard on a MB Pro.

Regardless whether it's the Steam version, you might want to check the Steam forums to see if people are having similar problems.

Are you running anything that might interfere in the background? (Something like TextExpander, maybe?) Can you try another (perhaps wired?) keyboard? Have you tried restarting the game repeatedly until it starts working (it happens, oddly enough)? Reinstalling? Can you try it with a controller?

I don't really know what else to suggest----on my Mac I had finally given in, and set up a BootCamp partition for Windows 7. Dual booting is a huge inconvenience, I absolutely hate Windows, and I still have to do it on my Linux machine; but that way you can play the rest of the series as well, not just AC2 and ACB.

moneyspills1
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM

This youtube video will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1X0YQ9HMt4