PDA

View Full Version : I want an expanded character again

EmbodyingSeven5
08-18-2014, 08:40 PM
let me say that I loved the Ezio trilogy. as the three games progressed we grew closer and closer to the character of ezio and we shared his grieve and revenge. in the last game the trailer fit perfect with the me. we really see his character development from beginning to end of his series. and the fans who played the 2 previous games understood because we had gone through it with him. I am not asking for a weak ezio rehash. im just saying I wouldn't mind another character who is expanded upon through his or her own set of games. I do admit that by the end of AC R I was slightly tired of ezio and ready for a new main character. but that final good bye in AC R made my day. I know we saw him talking to desmond, but I felt it was a huge nod towards the fans as well. I know ubisoft is trying to invite new players into the franchise but the whole youth discovering the assassins story is starting to get worn out. I really hoped that connor, adewale and avelane would get sequels but I don't see that happening since they announced two new characters for the next two AC releases. I hope that for the next few games ubisoft aims to bring closure to the characters we love from the franchise. so leave your opinions. what do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 08:41 PM
I think Brotherhood was a meh installment and could have gone without it.

A single sequel works best IMO.

But I don't think all characters should get a sequel. (ex: edward doesn't need one IMO)

But that's just my take on it.

Aveline and Connor need their sequels yeah. Maybe in co-op?

Doubt Adewale tho considering he's gonna die. Plus he originally was just DLC.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-18-2014, 08:45 PM
agreed that Edward and adewale don't need one. already know how Edward dies..... lol. was just throwing a few examples out

CoachAssassin
08-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Continue the Auditore saga: Flavia and Marcello Auditore in China gogogogo!

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm like 99% sure Arno is getting a sequel, so your prayers may have been answered.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I personally only think Ezio should've had AC2 and ACB...

Revelations should've been a book, or an Altair game as I enjoyed him way more than Ezio in that game.

But I personally don't want another "expanded" character as I think Ezio only should've got 1-2 games at the most...If Altair, Connor, Edward, Adewale, and even Aveline can have proper development in a SINGLE game, so can Arno and Shay.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Yeah Arno sequel seems to be a given considering Amancio somewhat spoiled the ending with the rise of napoleon. (or in the very least, a napoleon-related sequel is incoming)

Connor fans gonna RAAAAAAGE, lol

Unless Ubi announces a last gen connor game to coincide with the sequel. (even then he wont get as much attention which is sad but for the best)

but pretty sure I heard Rogue is the final last gen game despite claims by Ubi stating they'd support last gen "a few years"

marvelfannumber
08-18-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm like 99% sure Arno is getting a sequel, so your prayers may have been answered.

He better get one, I wanna run around 18th century Berlin with my bro Napoleon, eating baguettes and having fun times.

Seriously though.....yes, just yes.

Shahkulu101
08-18-2014, 08:51 PM

Why is that Loyal?

And I don't want another game in the 18th century, IF it's in the exact same location.

CoachAssassin
08-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Yeah Arno sequel seems to be a given considering Amancio somewhat spoiled the ending with the rise of napoleon. (or in the very least, a napoleon-related sequel is incoming)

Connor fans gonna RAAAAAAGE, lol

Unless Ubi announces a last gen connor game to coincide with the sequel.

but pretty sure I heard Rogue is the final last gen game despite claims by Ubi stating they'd support last gen "a few years"

Do it like Pokemon and give Unity 2: Red and Unity 2: Blue. Give the story from Arno (now a templar)'s point of view or Connors point of view. Give an epic finishing finale with the option of co-op of them working together, untill the final scene which will be open and decided by the combat 1v1 between the both co-op players :p.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 08:54 PM

Why do any Characters need a sequel?

It only creates a branch of favoritism among the fanbase...

( This is if Arno is Successful)

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Do it like Pokemon and give Unity 2: Red and Unity 2: Blue. Give the story from Arno (now a templar)'s point of view or Connors point of view. Give an epic finishing finale with the option of co-op of them working together, untill the final scene which will be open and decided by the combat 1v1 between the both co-op players :p.

You know I thought it was funny because I feel the release of AC Rogue and AC Unity at the same time is kinda like the release of the pokemon games.

Pick whichever you prefer, lol.

Great for marketing. Though continuing the trend would hinder the development cycles I imagine.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Wasn't there a 19th Century Ancestor on Desmond's line that participated in the Napoleonic wars?

There's still him/ her.

And yes, I know Arno's not his ancestor.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh shoot I didn't think about that.

Though Almighty Darbs said himself he wrote that desmond family bloodline thing on a whim without much thought (I.E. in 15 minutes)

So there's doubt to whether they even remembered that connection when developing a potential sequel.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Why is that Loyal?

And I don't want another game in the 18th century, IF it's in the exact same location.

1. Because they really seem to be pushing Arno as the new golden boy.
2. Because the next game will probably use similar tech as Unity
3. Because Napoleon.

Plus who said anything about the same location? Napoleonic Wars took place all over Europe, Asia and even North Africa. My dream game is an Arno/Elise Assassin/Templar co-op sequel with free character switching a la GTA5, with maps in France, Austria, and Egypt.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Why do any Characters need a sequel?

It only creates a branch of favoritism among the fanbase...

( This is if Arno is Successful)

What?

Shahkulu101
08-18-2014, 09:12 PM
3. Because Napoleon.

Plus who said anything about the same location? Napoleonic Wars took place all over Europe, Asia and even North Africa. My dream game is an Arno/Elise Assassin/Templar co-op sequel with free character switching a la GTA5, with maps in France, Austria, and Egypt.

That would be spectacular if pulled off. If they gave that ample development time, by that I mean they can take as much time as they need with no deadlines, then that game would maybe have a chance.

I am making a somewhat baseless assumption, but hey ho...

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 09:15 PM
What?

I'm basically saying too much of a good thing is bad thing friend...

I would like it if Arno got another game, but no more than that. ;)

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Oh shoot I didn't think about that.

Though Almighty Darbs said himself he wrote that desmond family bloodline thing on a whim without much thought (I.E. in 15 minutes)

So there's doubt to whether they even remembered that connection when developing a potential sequel.

He/ She could make a Cameo if Arno gets another game.

Though I doubt Arno will as I personally think he's gonna die.

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 09:19 PM
3. Because Napoleon.

My dream game is a Connor/Aveline co-op sequel all across eastern North America with free character switching :P

I'd accept an Arno/Elise co-op game as well.

What about a Connor/Aveline/Arno/Elise game? :P ACROSS THE WORLLLLD

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 09:20 PM
@namikaze

Yeah I keep having mixed feelings.

On one hand Arno might die via guillotine (or Elise)

on the other hand a sequel with napoleon sounds like a guarantee...

TheIronLotus420
08-18-2014, 09:23 PM
That would be spectacular if pulled off. If they gave that ample development time, by that I mean they can take as much time as they need with no deadlines, then that game would maybe have a chance.

I am making a somewhat baseless assumption, but hey ho...

Just the thought of that puts Unity to shame, lol. We can only dream of the day...

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
My dream game is a Connor/Aveline co-op sequel all across eastern North America with free character switching :P

I'd accept an Arno/Elise co-op game as well.

What about a Connor/Aveline/Arno/Elise game? :P ACROSS THE WORLLLLD

At the most, I bet Arno/ Elise get a PS4 co-op sequel in the Napoleonic wars.

And Connor/ Elise get a crappy PSVITA co-op sequel in the war of 1812 ;)

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 09:29 PM
@namikaze

Yeah I keep having mixed feelings.

On one hand Arno might die via guillotine (or Elise)

on the other hand a sequel with napoleon sounds like a guarantee...

I think he'll die, but not via guillotine...perhaps gets murdered? Nah, that's weak. Elise dies via childbirth?

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm basically saying too much of a good thing is bad thing friend...

I would like it if Arno got another game, but no more than that. ;)

Just two games really isn't too much of a good thing. They got carried away with Ezio, but really, had each of those games been given a proper development cycle I think three games was fine. They had a great character (IMO) and a great era to work with. And hell, if they want to do two games in the Napoleonic War, fine by me. Plenty of material there, if the writing's good enough.

Sushiglutton
08-18-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree with OP, I'm up for following an Assassin over multiple (2+) games again. Just like you say it creates a special bound and a sense of epicness that is not easy to do otherwise (last time I said this Loyal pointed out RDR, which I still don't have a rebutal to :) ).

SHADOWGARVIN
08-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't mind a sequel, if unity delivers.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree with OP, I'm up for following an Assassin over multiple (2+) games again. Just like you say it creates a special bound and a sense of epicness that is not easy to do otherwise (last time I said this Loyal pointed out RDR, which I still don't have a rebutal to :) ).

;)

Nah, but RDR was a bit of a special case, in general I understand where you're coming from and I agree.

TheIronLotus420
08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
It's tough to say at this point, considering the game isn't even released yet, lol. Although, if Arno turns out to be a good character (and all signs point to that), then I would welcome a sequel.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Just two games really isn't too much of a good thing. They got carried away with Ezio, but really, had each of those games been given a proper development cycle I think three games was fine. They had a great character (IMO) and a great era to work with. And hell, if they want to do two games in the Napoleonic War, fine by me. Plenty of material there, if the writing's good enough.

With morally grey writing and an overall engaging story...I think I should like Two games of Arno and Elise...and the Napoleonic wars should be fun! As long as Napoleon isn't a black and white Borgia rip-off then I'm good.

I'm just saying that I don't want things to get stale with playing one character....that what's I like best about AC...The Variety.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 09:53 PM
With morally grey writing and an overall engaging story...I think I should like Two games of Arno and Elise...and the Napoleonic wars should be fun! As long as Napoleon isn't a black and white Borgia rip-off then I'm good.

I'm just saying that I don't want things to get stale with playing one character....that what's I like best about AC...The Variety.

Yeah I don't think we have anything to worry about in Napoleon, Arno seems to be allied with him for at least a short period in Unity. If anything I think he's more like Washington (i.e. not necessarily a bad person, just given more power than they know what to do with).

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 09:55 PM
we need an Assassin's Creed dating sim.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 10:03 PM
we need an Assassin's Creed dating sim.

What you do you mean, Jexx? :rolleyes:

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 10:04 PM
AC dating sim.

Play as Arno, going on dates with Elise and courting her.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Yeah I don't think we have anything to worry about in Napoleon, Arno seems to be allied with him for at least a short period in Unity. If anything I think he's more like Washington (i.e. not necessarily a bad person, just given more power than they know what to do with).

Yes, I would like it if Arno has that type of relationship with Napoleon. Then Napoleon obtains a POE, and gets corrupted. ;)

AC dating sim.

Play as Arno, going on dates with Elise and courting her.

Hmm...Connor needs that. Except it'd be some random female sim on the street. ;)

GoldenBoy9999
08-19-2014, 12:19 AM
I definitely want a character with sequels on down the line. I guess I wouldn't mind if the next game is an Arno sequel, but I wouldn't prefer it. The main reason is that I want one more major change in location before we settle down for character sequels. I mean, theoretically Ubisoft could move Arno to Australia or something if they wanted to but I think they will keep him in a general area around his starting point like Ezio. I can't think of any location I'd want in an AC game around France besides Switzerland my favorite country :D.

TheIronLotus420
08-19-2014, 01:03 AM
I definitely want a character with sequels on down the line. I guess I wouldn't mind if the next game is an Arno sequel, but I wouldn't prefer it. The main reason is that I want one more major change in location before we settle down for character sequels. I mean, theoretically Ubisoft could move Arno to Australia or something if they wanted to but I think they will keep him in a general area around his starting point like Ezio. I can't think of any location I'd want in an AC game around France besides Switzerland my favorite country :D.

They can change scenery without changing the main character. He is half Austrian, so maybe that hints to something? Also, Napoleon being set up to be a bigger character in a future game makes this more likely. Like others have stated, it could be Russia, Germany, Austria, or somewhere along those lines. (Asia, Egypt, etc. long shot, but maybe)

GoldenBoy9999
08-19-2014, 01:11 AM
I'd take Russia. Germany and Austria are a lot like Switzerland so that could work as well.

Darkljolly
08-19-2014, 02:11 AM
As much as I love kenway, he dies in such dissapointing way.
I would love a true console Altaiir sequel, or at least Bloodlines recreated for consoles.

and I thinke Aveline deserves another shot, not only to shut up the noisy feminists but she's kinda cool and should star in a good AC game this time. Really like her 1 hours extra gameplay on Blackflag

TheIronLotus420
08-19-2014, 03:39 AM
As much as I love kenway, he dies in such dissapointing way.
I would love a true console Altaiir sequel, or at least Bloodlines recreated for consoles.

and I thinke Aveline deserves another shot, not only to shut up the noisy feminists but she's kinda cool and should star in a good AC game this time. Really like her 1 hours extra gameplay on Blackflag

I had no idea she was featured in DLC for Black Flag! Too bad i don't have a PS. Was Adawele the XB DLC, or did both platforms get him?

rickprog
08-19-2014, 03:47 AM
No, Aveline was the 1 hour additional content exclusive for PS. Adewale's DLC was Freedom Cry, which was released for both consoles (soon re-released as a separate game)

OT, I'm all in for another character with a sequel. Arno seems like a great candidate for it, as they're apparently giving him a charming personality which would help Ubi on sales. Besides, there's the Napoleonic Wars after, and we all know Napoleon came to possess an Apple of Eden. There's enough story and history material for it to happen.

Then there's the Connor sequel we've been asking for, which could be amazing if the redone core pillars were applied to it. Controlled descent on a current gen Frontier? I'm sold.

Bastiaen
08-20-2014, 08:54 PM
I prefer having a new character/ setting in each game and having a complete story.

Assassin_M
08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
No. Why? Because the setting. I don't want to spend more than one game in a samey setting again. Don't bring up Ezio in Constantinople either, he had no use being there in the first place--for a conflict to be engaging, the main Assassin must be from within the conflict. Ezio's meddling in Ottoman affair was contrived and dumb.

Namikaze_17
08-20-2014, 09:22 PM
@M.

Agreed...I don't want 2-3 games of Arno. Eventually Casuals will get "attached" then we get a new Assassin then...

I think you know where I'm going with this... ;)

Lonnie_Jackson
08-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Calling it. Sequel with both Elise and arno playable, I think they had this in mind. Maybe not next game but I feel they have an idea.

Assassin_M
08-20-2014, 09:26 PM
@M.

Agreed...I don't want 2-3 games of Arno. Eventually Casuals will get "attached" then we get a new Assassin then...

I think you know where I'm going with this... ;)
This too, my god how can I forget this.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Only one sequel per assassin *shakes fist*

And only if their stories don't feel complete!

Namikaze_17
08-20-2014, 09:39 PM
I don't understand why any Assassin needs a Sequel...

Altair, Connor, and Edward managed to have proper growth and development in ONE game, yet Ezio needed three games worth of his lifetime.

Revelations arguably could've just been a book or an Altair game as I really felt more interested in him than Ezio.

To me, Ezio only needed AC2/ACB...but I starting to doubt ACB's place as well.

Ddrober
08-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Why is that Loyal?

Well you're in luck if they do another Arno game my friend! Because if Unity ends in 1799, that means you won't be in the same location again in the 18th century. But the same location in the 19th century!

That and Napoleon wars gives the possibility of seeing many different places I would think.

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
wishlist:
Arno/Elise co-op sequel
Connor/Aveline co-op sequel
Eseosa game
Shao Jun game
Russian game

Namikaze_17
08-20-2014, 09:51 PM
wishlist:
Arno/Elise co-op sequel
Connor/Aveline co-op sequel
Eseosa game
Shao Jun game
Russian game

1) Depends on Unity
2) HELL YES!
3) Sure, why not?
4) HELL YES!
5) Depends on Setting, Character, and story...but overall, YES!

LoyalACFan
08-20-2014, 11:00 PM
No. Why? Because the setting. I don't want to spend more than one game in a samey setting again. Don't bring up Ezio in Constantinople either, he had no use being there in the first place--for a conflict to be engaging, the main Assassin must be from within the conflict. Ezio's meddling in Ottoman affair was contrived and dumb.

Normally I would agree about the repeat settings, but ACU2 would have the distinct benefit of being able to go pretty much anywhere within a thousand-mile radius of Paris, without feeling as contrived as Ezio's journey to Constantinople. Napoleon's army was active all over the place.

http://www.worldology.com/Europe/images/napoleonic_french.jpg

EmbodyingSeven5
08-20-2014, 11:03 PM

but what about ezio in Constantinople??.......................... dang it

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Normally I would agree about the repeat settings, but ACU2 would have the distinct benefit of being able to go pretty much anywhere within a thousand-mile radius of Paris, without feeling as contrived as Ezio's journey to Constantinople. Napoleon's army was active all over the place.

http://www.worldology.com/Europe/images/napoleonic_french.jpg
"for a conflict to be engaging, the main Assassin must be from within the conflict."
I meant the protagonist must be from that place...would AC III's story make sense if we were a german fighting against the tyranny of the british in the colonies? would the french revolution hold any merit for the protagonist's motivations if he was anything but french? No to both.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
"for a conflict to be engaging, the main Assassin must be from within the conflict."
I meant the protagonist must be from that place...would AC III's story make sense if we were a german fighting against the tyranny of the british in the colonies? would the french revolution hold any merit for the protagonist's motivations if he was anything but french? No to both.

Disagree. Thematically, when dealing with period pieces, it certainly helps to have the protagonist's personal interests align with the larger conflict of the day, but that doesn't mean that the protagonist has to be from the literal geographic region where the conflict takes place. Is Apocalypse Now a terrible movie because Martin Sheen's character isn't from Vietnam? Of course not, because his mission takes place within the confines of the Vietnam War. Arno is already presumably acquainted with Napoleon, so any involvement in his military campaigns would be a natural evolution from their collaboration/enmity in Unity.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Disagree. Thematically, when dealing with period pieces, it certainly helps to have the protagonist's personal interests align with the larger conflict of the day, but that doesn't mean that the protagonist has to be from the literal geographic region where the conflict takes place. Is Apocalypse Now a terrible movie because Martin Sheen's character isn't from Vietnam? Of course not, because his mission takes place within the confines of the Vietnam War. Arno is already presumably acquainted with Napoleon, so any involvement in his military campaigns would be a natural evolution from their collaboration/enmity in Unity.
There's a difference between Apocalypse now and this. Presumably, Arno will be going after Napoleon because of his campaigns and dictatorship..it'd make sense and feel engaging if Arno stays in France and wants to liberate his country from his grasp BUT if Arno goes to other places to--presumably--liberate other countries from Napoleon's grasp then for me, it just wont be as engaging because it's not the protagonist's home, he has nothing to lose.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 02:10 AM
There's a difference between Apocalypse now and this. Presumably, Arno will be going after Napoleon because of his campaigns and dictatorship..it'd make sense and feel engaging if Arno stays in France and wants to liberate his country from his grasp BUT if Arno goes to other places to--presumably--liberate other countries from Napoleon's grasp then for me, it just wont be as engaging because it's not the protagonist's home, he has nothing to lose.

What if Arno is the one who puts Napoleon in power (perhaps by entrusting him with the Apple) and he's going after him to destroy the monster he created? THAT would be an awesome story. I think you're getting too hung up on the physical location... Arno could have an incredible Napoleon-themed story anywhere in the Empire.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 02:44 AM
What if Arno is the one who puts Napoleon in power (perhaps by entrusting him with the Apple) and he's going after him to destroy the monster he created? THAT would be an awesome story. I think you're getting too hung up on the physical location... Arno could have an incredible Napoleon-themed story anywhere in the Empire.
Could be intriguing--in France, though...I would like to see the struggle against invasion of someone FROM said region. I'm only stuck on it because it'd be disengaging for me to fight an invasion in another country that's not yours...the feeling of your home being stolen, your people being oppressed could only be properly explored when it's THAT person's home and his people..etc

LoyalACFan
08-21-2014, 03:02 AM
Could be intriguing--in France, though...I would like to see the struggle against invasion of someone FROM said region. I'm only stuck on it because it'd be disengaging for me to fight an invasion in another country that's not yours...the feeling of your home being stolen, your people being oppressed could only be properly explored when it's THAT person's home and his people..etc

That's already been done in AC though. A lot. A Middle-Easterner during the Crusades, a Native American in the colonial era, and, hell, a pirate during the British takeover of Nassau. Same basic concept; a foreign force coming in and changing your way of life. It's a fascinating framing device for any story, but it doesn't have to be the jumping-off point for every single game. I would jump on an Arno/Elise sequel in Russia, Egypt, or Austria in a heartbeat.

rickprog
08-21-2014, 03:24 AM
There's also Adéwalé for that. He's from Trinidad, but he empathized with Haitian slaves and that's pretty much the basis for Freedom Cry's story.

Assassin_M
08-21-2014, 06:37 AM
That's already been done in AC though.
Then they should make a different story ;)

A lot. A Middle-Easterner during the Crusades, a Native American in the colonial era, and, hell, a pirate during the British takeover of Nassau. Same basic concept; a foreign force coming in and changing your way of life. It's a fascinating framing device for any story, but it doesn't have to be the jumping-off point for every single game. I would jump on an Arno/Elise sequel in Russia, Egypt, or Austria in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't want to waste these settings on someone who's not from these places, especially Egypt...don't you dare touch my Egypt.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2014, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't want to waste these settings on someone who's not from these places, especially Egypt...don't you dare touch my Egypt.

I agree with this. I also want protagonists with stories that reflects the settings. Like how Connor was during the Revolutionary War, and Edward during the Golden Age of Piracy.

I-Like-Pie45
08-21-2014, 06:49 AM
how about a game about a russian assassin fighting to defend his nation from napoleon.

And in the process, he kills Arno.

And in the sequel to that game, the Russian is killed by the protagonist of that game.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Aveline and Connor need their sequels yeah. Maybe in co-op?

YES...it would be the perfect way to develop these two characters while also giving a new twist to the series.

And we should also get a sequel for Adewale...all of them are going to die anyway :P

JustPlainQuirky
08-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Nah, Adewale aint getti a sequel cuz he's gonna die in Rogue.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Nah, Adewale aint getti a sequel cuz he's gonna die in Rogue.

I refuse to believe it until I have to kill him with Mr. Cormac's hands!!!

Namikaze_17
08-28-2014, 03:30 AM
Adewale will die...he'll probably be Shay's "Ultimate Test" to be inducted into the Templars...

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 04:55 AM
We all know everyone who has been killed will be revived with an Eden's artifact and then they will start time traveling. Adewale willl be the first one to be revived.