PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Film Rumors

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 07:07 AM
http://www.filmdivider.com/4637/everything-we-know-about-michael-fassbenders-two-roles-in-assassins-creed/

The Assassin's Creed movie is rumored to star Michael Fassbender as two characters: Michael Lynch, a present day death-row inmate who is drawn into the Templar-Assassin war, and in the past segment, he will play as Aguilar de Agarorobo, an Assassin during the Spanish Inquisition. In the present, Michael will be helped by Lara, whose actress also plays a character in the past segments. The main villain is said to be Tomas de Torquemada, someone who Ezio met in AC2: Discovery.

The movie is slated for August 7th, 2015.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 07:08 AM
.......................interesting

marvelfannumber
08-18-2014, 07:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 07:12 AM
this wasn't posted before right? I found it on Loomer's twitter and it's dated August 11th. Maybe I missed it?

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Pretty sure I read about this somewhere already.

Not sure if in seperate thread tho

HiddenKiller612
08-18-2014, 07:25 AM
quite intriguing... I had expected them to just playout the original game's story.

souNdwAve89
08-18-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm not surprised. I was expecting an original story instead of them using the video games as the basis. Still, they could make this movie fit into the AC universe as canon, if they play it right.

AherasSTRG
08-18-2014, 11:07 AM
A newcomer posted it, but the reception was... uncommunicative.

melbye82
08-18-2014, 12:09 PM
I hope this is true cause i never wanted to see them directly adapt the game's story. Been there done that

SixKeys
08-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Thank God, no racebending with Altaďr.

Spanish Inquisition is a great time period for a movie. I wonder if Ezio will have a cameo.

Fatal-Feit
08-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Who would make a good Ezio...? That is the question.

SixKeys
08-18-2014, 12:46 PM
How old is Ezio in Discovery?

Fatal-Feit
08-18-2014, 12:49 PM
It takes place 14 years after the beginning of AC:2, so he's probably in his late 20s or early 30s. Strange.

Sushiglutton
08-18-2014, 01:37 PM
That actually makes me more excited for the project. Much better to have completely new characters and let the movie be its own thing.

Megas_Doux
08-18-2014, 02:50 PM
I have yet to see a good "videogame" movie, but Fassbender is cool at least.

What's with that last name??? De Agarorobo???? Never heard of it, De Algarrobo makes much sense.

aL_____eX
08-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Who would make a good Ezio...? That is the question.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Francisco_Randez

I know he's not exactly an actor, but from the looks he'd give a perfect Ezio.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-18-2014, 03:00 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Francisco_Randez

I know he's not exactly an actor, but from the looks he'd give a perfect Ezio.

lol!! "He provided the face model for Altaďr Ibn-La'Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Desmond Miles throughout the Assassin's Creed series".

Of course he looks like them, but he isn't an actor. They should hire a REAL actor and not Ezio's face model. That wouldn't make any sense.

aL_____eX
08-18-2014, 03:05 PM
lol!! "He provided the face model for Altaďr Ibn-La'Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Desmond Miles throughout the Assassin's Creed series".
That's why I suggested him. ;) Although you're right with Ezio being played by a 'real' actor, it would definitely be awesome to see real life Ezio/Altair/Desmond in an AC realted movie!

SHADOWGARVIN
08-18-2014, 03:10 PM
That's why I suggested him. ;) Although you're right with Ezio being played by a 'real' actor, it would definitely be awesome to see real life Ezio/Altair/Desmond in an AC realted movie!

lol. He certainly has the perfect look! It would be nice if he made a cameo.

LieutenantJojo
08-18-2014, 03:15 PM

Of course he looks like them, but he isn't an actor. They should hire a REAL actor and not Ezio's face model. That wouldn't make any sense.

Not really. If it's just a cameo, Randez should suffice. He doesn't even have to speak, just look the part, which he undoubtedly does (duh). Just have him nod at his "brother" and blend into the crowd. And if he does speak, they could always have Roger Craig Smith do a voice over. ;)

SHADOWGARVIN
08-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Not really. If it's just a cameo, Randez should suffice. He doesn't even have to speak, just look the part, which he undoubtedly does (duh). Just have him nod at his "brother" and blend into the crowd. And if he does speak, they could always have Roger Craig Smith do a voice over. ;)

Lol. Indeed and that is exactly why i suggested he would make a cameo in the post above yours.

Gin0r
08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
And all of a sudden I’m excited for the AC movie :-)

lothario-da-be
08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
This sounds so exciting! So glad they didn't go for an ac1 remake. I hope it is canon though, would be kinda stupid if the created side stories that are not canon. Ezio cameo would be awesome too. C'ant wait for it's release!

jeordievera
08-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Michael Fassbender is actually awesome so I'm happy he will be the main protag. It's also good that they are creating a new story instead of making the actual game into one.

Hans684
08-18-2014, 06:17 PM
His code name/title in prison should be Magneto.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2014, 06:25 PM
I like that they're not retelling the story of AC1, but I hate that they're using the same actors for both the modern and historical part. It's gonna feel like the Wizard of Oz in that respect :p I was never a fan of the fact that they used Desmond's face for Altair and Ezio (I mean come on, there's no way you look exactly like your great-great-great-great-great... grandfather, "residual self-image" be damned) and now they're using not one but TWO of the same faces in past and present.

Overall I think this movie has a strong chance of being pretty good now. If they were going to try and make a two-hour version of AC1 it would have been a disaster. But AC is a strong enough franchise to be able to branch out.

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Keep in mind, this is just a rumor...

But I also would like to say that I always said that the supposed "fact" that the AC movie would be a retread of AC1 was just speculation that some people started spouting as truth.

aL_____eX
08-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Keep in mind, this is just a rumor...
$$$ There's definitely going to be an Assassin's Creed movie soon. As much as I hate to say it, but the franchise has so much potential to be milked in so many ways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_qAtwMDFk
I know the song does not really fit. :p

Jexx21
08-18-2014, 06:44 PM
no, the AC movie thing is NOT a rumor.. the details in this article ARE, however.

aL_____eX
08-18-2014, 06:56 PM
no, the AC movie thing is NOT a rumor.. the details in this article ARE, however.
Ah okay, sorry then. :)

I think a movie starring a whole new character (perhaps with Ezio's cameo appearance) and era would be way more cool than just bringing one of the existing games into movie form. I hope they do that!

marvelfannumber
08-18-2014, 07:02 PM
I know the song does not really fit. :p

Here's a better one brah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo3RW3_VR94

rob1990312
08-18-2014, 08:00 PM
I read this rumour on a different site, i think if its true it could kind of be a retread of ac1s modern story but just loosely based with michael being based on desmond and lara on lucy. The same could be done with the historical setting by keeping the nine targets and a betrayal, at the end. It wouldnt surprise me if they reboot the series like this because the makers will want to reach new fans who havent played the game and to not end up being creatively stunted in future films by sticking to the Canon

RinoTheBouncer
09-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Not much is explicitly defined as to the production and filming of the "Assassin's Creed" movie, but according to inside sources cited by FilmDivider (http://www.filmdivider.com/4637/everything-we-know-about-michael-fassbenders-two-roles-in-assassins-creed/), the Spanish Inquisition will be the setting of the upcoming 2015 film.

Michael Fassbender, who will also co-produce the film through his DMC Film banner, will be taking on dual roles: as a Spanish assassin named Aguilar de Agarorobo, and his modern-day descendant, felon, and death row inmate, Michael Lynch.

FilmDivider also reported in its article that the setting will be quite new, as the time, place and circumstance has never been explored in any of the video game in the franchise. The film, however, like the video game series it was based on, will present historical characters. That said, the primary antagonist, given the setting, will be none other than Tomás de Torquemada, a Spanish Dominican friar and the first Grand Inquisitor of the Spanish Inquisition (not to mention the most famous.)

Recent buzz about the film implied that Fassbender was dissatisfied with the script and left the project. However, he quickly dismissed the rumors. During a promotional tour of his dramedy, "Frank" in the U.S. last August, Fassbender confirmed plans for the movie.

"Nothing has changed," he told IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/08/michael-fassbender-wants-to-honor-the-game-bring-in-original-elements-on-the-assassins-creed-movie). "I'm still a part of Assassin's Creed, and we're working on the script as we speak. Actually, I'm going to go back and see the writers when I get back to Europe."

Fassbender added that they intend to include new material to the original elements from the game for the film adaptation. On how much of the film would remain faithful to the game and how much would be an original story, he said, "You know, we absolutely want to respect the game. There's so much cool stuff in the game that we're actually spoiled for choice in terms of what we can use and what we can't, but we also want to bring new elements to it and perhaps our own version of things that already exist in the game. But we're definitely making a feature film, and we're approaching it as a feature film, as opposed to approaching it as a video game. But I love the world... When I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they started to explain this whole world and the idea of DNA memory - you know, I think it's a very feasible scientific theory. I just thought, 'This is so rich,' and about the possibility of it being this cinematic experience. So I'm really excited about it, and we're working very hard to make sure that we've got the best and most exciting, original package."

Australian film director and screenwriter, Justin Kurzel, known for his work in the 2011 horror film "Snowtown" and the upcoming 2015 British drama film, "Macbeth"(in which Fassbender also stars,) is in talks to helm the project as of April 2014, Deadline (http://deadline.com/2014/04/michael-fassbender-poised-to-re-team-with-macbeth-helmer-on-assassins-creed-721290/) reports. No agreement has been reached yet. Assassin's Creed is slated to open August 7, 2015 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/12/fantastic-four-reboot-the-secret-service-release-date-changes).

Source: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/26148/20140904/assassin-s-creed-take-place-15th-century-spain-co-producer-michael-fassbender-dual-roles.htm

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I hope that as usual they are confusing Portugal with Spain.

So that chose that scenario so that they could include Ezio somehow, lol, I hope Francisco Randez plays Ezio and/or Desmond if he appears.

RinoTheBouncer
09-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I hope Francisco Randez plays Ezio and/or Desmond if he appears.
I hope that too. I really don’t think any actor can look closer to Desmond than his original face model. As for Ezio, I wish he shows up since he did indeed go to Spain during that period.

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Taken from the original article

I’ve learned hat Michael Fassbender will play two roles in the film. In the present-day sections he will be Michael Lynch, a death row inmate who becomes pawn in the Assassins-Templars war; while in the segments set in the past, he will be Aguilar de Agarorobo, an assassin during the Spanish Inquisition. Both this time period and location are so far unexplored by the main games in the series.

In the present day scenes, Michael will be subject to tests by researcher called Joseph who is a bit of a baddie. Michael won’t be totally on his own, though, as he’ll be helped by a female Assassin named Lara. And it seems likely that whoever gets cast in that role will also show up in the past sections as another character, presumably one of Lara’s ancestors.

There’s one idea that’s similar to Assassin’s Creed 2, where protagonist Ezio Auditore’s father was an important member of the assassin’s creed. This time, Aguilar’s father will be an assassin chief.

Speaking of Assassin’s Creed 2, the chief bad guy in the movie going to be Tomas de Torquemada. Interestingly this isn’t the first time this historical figure has turned up in the Assassin’s Creed franchise having appeared in an offshoot, the iOS and Nintendo DS spin-off Assassin’s Creed 2: Discovery. In that game, de Torquemada was working under Rodrigo Borgia, the main antagonist of Assassin’s Creed 2. Whether the movie will take this lesser known game as canon is currently unclear from the information at hand.

The boss bad guy in the present day will be Alan Rikkan, CEO of Abstergo, the corporate front for the evil Templars. At the moment, the plan is for him to appear in voice over only, which is not unlike the games where Rikkan has so been a fairly ambiguous force.

My guess is that the film will be set in the same universe and concurrent to the games, but will also take cues from earlier entries. I’ve already explained the ties to Assassin’s Creed 2, but the present day storyline seems like it might be a riff on the story of the first game.

In that game the protagonist was Desmond Miles, just a bartender before getting kidnapped by Abstergo. He had a villain researcher trying to access his ancestor’s memories and an assistant who – spoiler alert – turned out to be an assassin who aids Desmond in his escape. It is possible that Lara will get a similar story line in the film.

Most curious, if true that is.

I could imagine the modern guy being one of the previous subjects and in the end they show Randez as Desmond just to tie the movie with the games maybe being kidnapped or something, he doesn't even need to speak.

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 06:32 PM
http:// http://youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Megas_Doux
09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
I really hope this movie can be the exception of the "rule" that commands films based on video games....

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
http:// http://youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Can't open it for some reason, is the "nobody expects the Spanish inquisition" video I imagine?

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE&app=desktop

Try again.

ze_topazio
09-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I really hope this movie can be the exception of the "rule" that commands films based on video games....

We all do brother, we all do.

Markaccus
09-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Can't open it for some reason, is the "nobody expects the Spanish inquisition" video I imagine?

Yes. Of course it is :D Well, one of many.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Because of how the games were set up (at least the first few), they could have adapted the Desmond story is they really wanted to. It's cool that they're NOT adapting it and giving us something new. If the rumors are true of course.

Spanish Inquisition is a great time period for AC. AC has the lore and potential to make for an AWESOME film. The movie could be the first truly great film adaptation of a video game. Likewise, a direct game adaptation of the film would be one of the small number of good game tie-ins to films considering they already have a fairly solid formula haha

Shahkulu101
09-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I think the critics will just say that the Modern Day wasn't needed and it should have just been a period piece instead of having tacked on Sci-fi elements.

Calling it now.

Hans684
09-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Spanish Inquisition is a great time period for AC. AC has the lore and potential to make for an AWESOME film. The movie could be the first truly great film adaptation of a video game. Likewise, a bdirect game adaptation of the film would be one of the small number of good game tie-ins to films considering they already have a fairly solid formula haha

There is good historical based movies so in AC's case it has higher chance of being better, make it like an historical based movie but add a crazy conspiracy.

I think the critics will just say that the Modern Day wasn't needed and it should have just been a period piece instead of having tacked on Sci-fi elements.

Calling it now.

People say that regardless now, MD is becoming controversial.

DumbGamerTag94
09-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Calling it now.

Haha so the same problem they have with the games?........

#takeahintubinobodycaresabouttheweirdstuff

lothario-da-be
09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Sounds good to me. I have faith in this. If it is as good as the POP movie I will be happy.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:17 PM
FilmDivider also reported in its article that the setting will be quite new, as the time, place and circumstance has never been explored in any of the video game in the franchise.

Except that they did. It was called AC: Discovery. Way to do their research. :rolleyes:

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Firstly, I don't expect to be able to see it in cinemas because it might be an 18. Secondly, I bet it will be sh*t.

lothario-da-be
09-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Firstly, I don't expect to be able to see it in cinemas because it might be an 18. Secondly, I bet it will be sh*t.
Never ever have I been restricted from going to a movie in the cinemas and I am 17. It will probably be rated +16 not only movies with lots of sex get 18.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:33 PM
LOL rated 18? I highly doubt it. They'll be going for the widest market so most likely PG 13.

SHADOWGARVIN
09-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Sounds good to me. I have faith in this. If it is as good as the POP movie I will be happy.

I hope so too. I really liked POP.

CoachAssassin
09-04-2014, 08:36 PM
LOL rated 18? I highly doubt it. They'll be going for the widest market so most likely PG 13.

I'm assuming 16+. All the murder and mayhem and the strong philosophies in there with somewhat religious and mind controlling aspects can't be justified watchable to a 13 year old.

But yeah, I'm calling an Ezio cameo :p.

lothario-da-be
09-04-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm assuming 16+. All the murder and mayhem and the strong philosophies in there with somewhat religious and mind controlling aspects can't be justified watchable to a 13 year old.

I think people underestimate 13 year olds. I started playing ac when I was 11.

SixKeys
09-04-2014, 08:45 PM

Murder and mayhem are perfectly normal in PG-13 movies, just as long as it's not too graphic. I also suspect the religious aspects will be severely watered down. Look at what happened to The Golden Compass, a YA book that was a thinly veiled attack against the Catholic Church and about killing God. The movie made it all about cute furry animals, the Church was renamed Magistrate and the religious symbols (priest garments etc.) were watered down as much as possible so that most movie-goers wouldn't draw the connection. The AC movie will probably have some noble speeches about how religion in general is a wonderful thing and its corruption is solely due to the Templars, so that they won't have to worry about offending people by raising real questions.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2014, 09:17 PM
We all know there will be an Ezio cameo, without a doubt. Who will play him is the real question... :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
09-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Murder and mayhem are perfectly normal in PG-13 movies, just as long as it's not too graphic. I also suspect the religious aspects will be severely watered down. Look at what happened to The Golden Compass, a YA book that was a thinly veiled attack against the Catholic Church and about killing God. The movie made it all about cute furry animals, the Church was renamed Magistrate and the religious symbols (priest garments etc.) were watered down as much as possible so that most movie-goers wouldn't draw the connection. The AC movie will probably have some noble speeches about how religion in general is a wonderful thing and its corruption is solely due to the Templars, so that they won't have to worry about offending people by raising real questions.

I don't know how European censorship boards work, but here in 'Murica violence is pretty much no-holds-barred unless they show blood. Look at the Avengers, I recently read that they had to edit a scene of a character getting impaled to avoid an R rating. They still had the impalement scene, that was A-OK, but if they showed blood, ooh, think of the children :rolleyes:

And The King's Speech was rated R just because there was one scene where he said the f-word, while the whole rest of the movie was tame enough to be a kids' show...

Also, I really don't understand why people want Francisco Randez to play Ezio. Ezio doesn't need to be in the movie, for one, but secondly, it's not even slightly important to make the actor look exactly like the character as portrayed/described in other media. Elijah Wood isn't fat and hairy-footed, but he made a good Frodo. Randez isn't an actor, he's a model, so asking him to play in a movie is basically asking for it to suck.

chris.hayes151
09-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Really hope this is rated at least 15, noticed a recent trend that alot of films are given 12A, and seem watered down. Making it 15 gives it more freedom.

rprkjj
09-04-2014, 11:07 PM
The original setting makes me 10x more excited for this movie than if it was just an AC1 adaptation. I kinda wish Michael Lynch could've been Desmonds successor though. It would've given them a chance to redeem the MD, probably too late now. Spanish Inquisition would have also been a great setting for a main game too.

I also think they're going with this time period specifically because it happens around the same time as the Italian Renaissance, but so it doesn't look like they're skipping AC1 to get to Ezio. I assume Aguilar will be a similar to Ezio in some ways.

SlyTrooper
09-04-2014, 11:49 PM

I started when I was 8. But that's not the point...

The film should at least be a 15. If it's lower it will be terrible. Some films that seem like they should be rated 18 pass for 15, so they could include anything they want & still get it out to a wider audience. Has anyone seen Trance? That was rated 15 & it had all the violence, sex & nudity that an 18 would have. Besides, if the film is lower than this, & the plot is half good, most kids won't understand so they won't go & see it.

ze_topazio
09-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Perhaps I should remind people that the inquisition was not an event, the holy inquisition was an institution whose purpose was to assure the proper practice of the Christian faith and people's morals and behavior as well as judge heretics, blasphemers, particularly grave sinners and any potential witch as well as the constant supervision, and judging if necessary, of Jewish and Muslims, and their descendants, converted to Christianity suspected of not being honest on their conversions, non converted were also supervised to make sure they didn't abuse of the tolerance(hardly any) given to them.

This lasted for roughly 3 centuries so it can't be called an event.

MasterAssasin84
09-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Not much is explicitly defined as to the production and filming of the "Assassin's Creed" movie, but according to inside sources cited by FilmDivider (http://www.filmdivider.com/4637/everything-we-know-about-michael-fassbenders-two-roles-in-assassins-creed/), the Spanish Inquisition will be the setting of the upcoming 2015 film.

Michael Fassbender, who will also co-produce the film through his DMC Film banner, will be taking on dual roles: as a Spanish assassin named Aguilar de Agarorobo, and his modern-day descendant, felon, and death row inmate, Michael Lynch.

FilmDivider also reported in its article that the setting will be quite new, as the time, place and circumstance has never been explored in any of the video game in the franchise. The film, however, like the video game series it was based on, will present historical characters. That said, the primary antagonist, given the setting, will be none other than Tomás de Torquemada, a Spanish Dominican friar and the first Grand Inquisitor of the Spanish Inquisition (not to mention the most famous.)

Recent buzz about the film implied that Fassbender was dissatisfied with the script and left the project. However, he quickly dismissed the rumors. During a promotional tour of his dramedy, "Frank" in the U.S. last August, Fassbender confirmed plans for the movie.

"Nothing has changed," he told IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/08/michael-fassbender-wants-to-honor-the-game-bring-in-original-elements-on-the-assassins-creed-movie). "I'm still a part of Assassin's Creed, and we're working on the script as we speak. Actually, I'm going to go back and see the writers when I get back to Europe."

Fassbender added that they intend to include new material to the original elements from the game for the film adaptation. On how much of the film would remain faithful to the game and how much would be an original story, he said, "You know, we absolutely want to respect the game. There's so much cool stuff in the game that we're actually spoiled for choice in terms of what we can use and what we can't, but we also want to bring new elements to it and perhaps our own version of things that already exist in the game. But we're definitely making a feature film, and we're approaching it as a feature film, as opposed to approaching it as a video game. But I love the world... When I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they started to explain this whole world and the idea of DNA memory - you know, I think it's a very feasible scientific theory. I just thought, 'This is so rich,' and about the possibility of it being this cinematic experience. So I'm really excited about it, and we're working very hard to make sure that we've got the best and most exciting, original package."

Australian film director and screenwriter, Justin Kurzel, known for his work in the 2011 horror film "Snowtown" and the upcoming 2015 British drama film, "Macbeth"(in which Fassbender also stars,) is in talks to helm the project as of April 2014, Deadline (http://deadline.com/2014/04/michael-fassbender-poised-to-re-team-with-macbeth-helmer-on-assassins-creed-721290/) reports. No agreement has been reached yet. Assassin's Creed is slated to open August 7, 2015 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/12/fantastic-four-reboot-the-secret-service-release-date-changes).

Source: http://www.vcpost.com/articles/26148/20140904/assassin-s-creed-take-place-15th-century-spain-co-producer-michael-fassbender-dual-roles.htm

I did actually hear this a while back ? the Spanish inquisition is very interesting topic for the Assassins Creed franchise to explore .
However I am very glad that the Assassin will not be based on any of the protagonists we have seen in the games ! a very wise step to keep the Assassins Creed Media separate from each other . If I saw a movie based on any of the other Assassins we have seen I think it would detract the type of connection we have when playing previous AC games

BoBwUzHeRe1138
09-05-2014, 02:33 AM
To be fair, you can get away with quite a lot of violence.

Legend of Korra is a show for kids (I believe it's rated TV-Y7 here in the states) and SPOILERS for Season 1 and 3 -- the end of the first season ended with a murder/suicide and just this last season someone's head was exploded (but obscured due to metal). OH! And someone literally had the air pulled out of their lungs until they died.

It's pretty brutal.

The Clone Wars is another case of that -- I've seen shark-aliens being blown to bits (in fact, the head is shown drifting down the screen after), countless people are killed in episodes: broken necks, beheadings, de-limbings, and so on.

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 11:28 AM

My thoughts exactly. I started playing Resident Evil, Parasite Eve and Silent Hill when I was 8. Now I’m 24 and free of any mental illnesses LOL.

Mr_Shade
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM
:rolleyes:

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 11:41 AM
#RantStart You know, it bugs me a lot that there are more restrictions about the age limit for video games and movies than there are guidelines for bullying at schools. It’s like there’s always more surveillance and rules on the least serious and damaging stuff. #RantEnd

LoyalACFan
09-05-2014, 12:31 PM
#RantStart You know, it bugs me a lot that there are more restrictions about the age limit for video games and movies than there are guidelines for bullying at schools. It’s like there’s always more surveillance and rules on the least serious and damaging stuff. #RantEnd

Restricting media is easy and it makes oblivious parents and "family values" politicians feel like they're doing something useful without actually having to put forth any effort

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Restricting media is easy and it makes oblivious parents and "family values" politicians feel like they're doing something useful without actually having to put forth any effort

I agree. Haha! as long as they government doesn’t have two do anything tangible, as usual. Just speeches, advises and restrictions, LMAO. Glad I didn’t grow up in a country where restricting media is of higher priority than bullying, for example.

LoyalACFan
09-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I agree. Haha! as long as they government doesn’t have two do anything tangible, as usual. Just speeches, advises and restrictions, LMAO. Glad I didn’t grow up in a country where restricting media is of higher priority than bullying, for example.

Yeah, over here public schools seem to have a hard-on for anti-smoking and abstinence-only sex ed, but bullying and hard drugs never get mentioned. And I grew up in West Virginia, which is apparently waist-deep in a heroin/amphetamine crisis now. Ugh. Glad I'm out of there.

But anyway, I'm drifting off-topic. The movie will probably be PG-13, because in my experience parents seem to have a better and stricter understanding of movie ratings than game ratings (i.e. they'll buy their kids M-rated games but won't let them see R-rated movies). So even if the kid's allowed to play AC games, the parents would take issue with an R-rated film of it.

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, over here public schools seem to have a hard-on for anti-smoking and abstinence-only sex ed, but bullying and hard drugs never get mentioned. And I grew up in West Virginia, which is apparently waist-deep in a heroin/amphetamine crisis now. Ugh. Glad I'm out of there.

But anyway, I'm drifting off-topic. The movie will probably be PG-13, because in my experience parents seem to have a better and stricter understanding of movie ratings than game ratings (i.e. they'll buy their kids M-rated games but won't let them see R-rated movies). So even if the kid's allowed to play AC games, the parents would take issue with an R-rated film of it.

I agree, yeah. Parents usually focus more on movie ratings than game ratings. A lot of kids play Call of Duty but aren’t allowed to watch Saw movies for example, haha. So I guess they might make the movie 13+ or 16+ but not 18+. I bet they’re gonna treat it like The Hunger Games where there’s brutal killing but the blood is often edited from swords and bodies to make sure the age restriction doesn’t go up to 18+

The_Kiwi_
09-05-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm a sociology major and I can tell you that when children play age restricted games, it can lead to personality changes which leads to antisocial behaviour, it can also lead to egotism and precociousness which is quite a malicious trait in children, it's a common factor in offender profiling.

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm a sociology major and I can tell you that when children play age restricted games, it can lead to personality changes which leads to antisocial behaviour, it can also lead to egotism and precociousness which is quite a malicious trait in children, it's a common factor in offender profiling.

I don’t mean to argue but I’ve played these games since I was 8 and I don’t remember anything major or very harmful happening to me. On the other hand, I do agree that watching horror, porn or violence can indeed affect children whether in games or films, but the whole focus on this matter while abandoning bullying and cyber bullying irks me a lot, cause the latter is certainly more damaging and definitely less focused on. It’s like there’s no law that punishes children who pick on other children in school. Everybody can pick on the “loser kid in high school” and nobody does sh*t about it.

The_Kiwi_
09-05-2014, 01:40 PM
I don’t mean to argue but I’ve played these games since I was 8 and I don’t remember anything major or very harmful happening to me.

Everyone is different, but it does happen. When someone says "video games are bad for kids", the go to response is "**** off kids don't shoot people because of games", but violent behaviour isn't the side effect, the personality problems are the big contenders. I might do my doctoral dissertation on it, that way I'll be Dr Kiwi haha

RinoTheBouncer
09-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Everyone is different, but it does happen. When someone says "video games are bad for kids", the go to response is "**** off kids don't shoot people because of games", but violent behaviour isn't the side effect, the personality problems are the big contenders. I might do my doctoral dissertation on it, that way I'll be Dr Kiwi haha

Dr. Kiwi sounds nice!

It’s true that people don’t shoot people because of a game or a movie and that it’s mainly personality effects that differ from one person to another. I was just saying that the law should be more strict about the more critical issues as much as it is about the less serious ones.

HiddenKiller612
09-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Ever seen Night of the living dead? Believe it or not there was a time when there were no age ratings for movies in the U.S. Kids of all ages could go to the movies, no matter what the subject matter was... Now imagine being a kid of about 5 watching something like that back when it came out. Roger Ebert said kids in the audience were crying and freaking out. Not every kid handles things the same, which is why the rating system is in place. If parents want to subject their children to things, that's their right... but the rating system is there to help them make the decision.

The_Kiwi_
09-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Dr. Kiwi sounds nice!

It’s true that people don’t shoot people because of a game or a movie and that it’s mainly personality effects that differ from one person to another. I was just saying that the law should be more strict about the more critical issues as much as it is about the less serious ones.

Yes the priorities are definitely out of order.

Your post said that the director of Snowtown might direct the movie, I actually saw that movie last week as part of my offender profiling course in homicide school
I was doing a case study on the Snowtown murders and was told to watch the movie. It's a very good movie, dramatic and powerful, the only problem is absolutely no character development, the movie assumes that the audience knows everything and everyone, so I hope the director does better in that regard.

EmptyCrustacean
09-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Unless the source is the creative team, the cast or the studio it's not true.

Ureh
09-13-2014, 02:53 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/robert-downey-jr-reportedly-joins-assassins-creed-movie

Iron Man rumoured to be in AC movie.

ze_topazio
09-13-2014, 02:54 AM
**** just got real.

JustPlainQuirky
09-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Rumor was debunked by UbiGabe.

Ureh
09-13-2014, 03:02 AM

Good news! Thank you. :)

rprkjj
09-13-2014, 04:48 AM
Good news! Thank you. :)

tbh I couldn't really see Downey as Leonardo but do you actually dislike him as an actor?

Ureh
09-13-2014, 05:02 AM
He's ok in my book. I just prefer to be certain instead of wondering about a rumour.

Funny thing is Leonardo and Tony both invented flying machines. :P

Namikaze_17
09-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Downey seems like he'd play brotherhood Ezio to me...

Or maybe Arno?

Nah.

naumaan
09-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Also read on a facebook page that Robert Downey Jr .. known as Iron Man is cast as leonardo da vinci the friend of ezio .. now what is da vinci doing in spanish inquisition era :3

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2014, 06:28 AM

Thank god.

I want an original story, not a remake/retelling. Those are instantly doomed to fail.

---------------

Yay, 2k posts. :cool:

Only 8k more to go.

JustPlainQuirky
09-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Inclined to disagree with you there, buddy.

jeordievera
09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Thank god.

I want an original story, not a remake/retelling. Those are instantly doomed to fail.

---------------

Yay, 2k posts. :cool:

Only 8k more to go.
I don't think they would even try to remake an AC game cos they would have to fulfill so many people's expectations which is harder in AC universe than anywhere else.

And 2k congrats! :o

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes the priorities are definitely out of order.

Your post said that the director of Snowtown might direct the movie, I actually saw that movie last week as part of my offender profiling course in homicide school
I was doing a case study on the Snowtown murders and was told to watch the movie. It's a very good movie, dramatic and powerful, the only problem is absolutely no character development, the movie assumes that the audience knows everything and everyone, so I hope the director does better in that regard.

Yeah. I hate it when movies/series either don’t show character development or focus a lot on it that you just don’t find much progress in the story. For example, The Walking Dead series, which I love so much, focused too much on character development in the 4th season that it became truly boring since when you look at the season as a whole, nothing really happened but going from point A to point B.

The whole season could’ve been merged to 2 episodes to the past season and 3 more to the next season and that’s it. While other movies, as you said, assume that you know everything and they give you the “open ended” style pretending that it’s a smart move, while in reality, it’s obvious that the writer didn’t know where to take the story and the characters.

Unless the source is the creative team, the cast or the studio it's not true.

One can’t just say “it’s not true” just because we don’t have an evidence to back that up. So much info. leaks all the time about various projects and they turn out to be right in many cases.

The_Kiwi_
09-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah. I hate it when movies/series either don’t show character development or focus a lot on it that you just don’t find much progress in the story.
I agree. It's very hard to get a great balance of character and story, but hopefully the director gets help from good writers, hopefully writers from the games. I'd love to see Neil Marshall direct the movie, he did fantastic work with Game of Thrones episodes "Blackwater" and "Watchers on the Wall", great balance of character, action and story.

RinoTheBouncer
09-13-2014, 02:38 PM
I agree. It's very hard to get a great balance of character and story, but hopefully the director gets help from good writers, hopefully writers from the games. I'd love to see Neil Marshall direct the movie, he did fantastic work with Game of Thrones episodes "Blackwater" and "Watchers on the Wall", great balance of character, action and story.

Yeah. And more importantly, I hope that it’ll be long-running like The Hunger Games movies, because those took their time to present you the world, the story, the characters and the necessary time you to sink into the story and the universe of the film. I’d be really sad if it turns out to be a 90 minutes-long movie. I love the Resident Evil movie franchise, even though it’s criticized by many to be non-canon and don’t feel like Resident Evil, yet I criticize them for their short running time.

I’d be really happy if they focus a lot on the conspiracies, the modern day, the first civ. because those are basically the most important elements for me in an AC product.