PDA

View Full Version : Bloody hell, those board games in ACIV

Darkljolly
08-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Are god damn additcive @.@ Spent like a whole hour just playing Nine men Morris against the Ai. Did AC series always have additicing board games within?

Assassin_M
08-18-2014, 03:00 AM
ACB started it with DLC but it sucked then AC III introduced proper ones and they were awesome.

GoldenBoy9999
08-18-2014, 03:03 AM
I guess this could lead into the topic of board games in Unity. Will they return? If you're a history fanatic maybe you could tell us some of the popular board games of the era.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 03:18 AM
I enjoyed the board games...

Except I ALWAYS f***ing lost.

Sabuto78
08-18-2014, 04:04 AM
t\ive been trying to beat this intermediiate one for so long pissing me off

Fatal-Feit
08-18-2014, 04:07 AM
They aren't that hard.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 04:11 AM
Golden pretty sure board games were confirmed not to be in Unity.

I forgot where I heard that from tho.

kinda makes me sad. I swore I saw it in a demo. guess not

rickprog
08-18-2014, 05:22 AM
I remember hearing that too, but can't remember where either. However I think it was in an interview that mentioned something about the cafés.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 05:30 AM
you can't even drink coffee in the cafes

smh

marvelfannumber
08-18-2014, 06:33 AM
you can't even drink coffee in the cafes

smh

What a rip-off, even Ezio got to drink coffee and that was before it was mainstream, yet Arno a french assassiin ain't gettting none? What a bunch of poop.

travilanche
08-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Haven't liked any of the board games so far. RDR and Liars Dice FTW!

Sesheenku
08-18-2014, 07:53 AM
What a rip-off, even Ezio got to drink coffee and that was before it was mainstream, yet Arno a french assassiin ain't gettting none? What a bunch of poop.

Coffee is **** anyways.

marvelfannumber
08-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Coffee is **** anyways.

I know right, it's a little bitter if you ask me, it just seems lacking somehow...I don't know. Have you considered adding sugar maybe, or latte?

CSKarasu
08-18-2014, 08:38 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to find Nine Mens Morris in AC, my dad loves that game. Also, Fanorona was also a lot of fun.

I hope we see other old board games in future Assassin's Creed games.

jeordievera
08-18-2014, 08:56 AM
I guess there must be some kind of games in Unity, because they said Arno likes to cheat at cards, so possible card games?
Or drinking coffee while playing card games.. :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
08-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Loved them :)! It was a cool way to tie a 2012 game with 1700th century (and older obv) games. Hope there will be some French games in Unity that were played at the time of the Revolution! Such a smart way to connect with history through playing. My favourite was Fanorona, which I had never heard of before, but it's super addictive and satisfying to "choke" your opponent.

Unfortunately some of the achievement junkies were pissed as hell, so maybe we won't see any more boardgames in the future :(

I know right, it's a little bitter if you ask me, it just seems lacking somehow...I don't know. Have you considered adding sugar maybe, or latte?

Of all Ezio's achievements, inventing caffè latte was probably the greatest!

Fatal-Feit
08-18-2014, 09:57 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to find Nine Mens Morris in AC, my dad loves that game. Also, Fanorona was also a lot of fun.

I hope we see other old board games in future Assassin's Creed games.

Imagine GO for an AC set in China. Or even Majong...

I absolutely love to those games.

Jackdaw951
08-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Are god damn additcive @.@ Spent like a whole hour just playing Nine men Morris against the Ai. Did AC series always have additicing board games within?

There's a game I never played until AC4. I don't get it. I tried for over an hour for it to click in my brain, but it never did. The 3-phase thing threw me every time. Old dog, new tricks, and all that? Whatever. I ended up cheating to get the Abstergo challenge (win each game once). I had an online version of the game play my side. And even that lost or drew the first few times. The last time, I let the AIs play each other until near the end, then I saw how to win, and I took over. Never playing it again. Ugh! I suck at it, and I hate how that feels..

Now checkers. That I can win every time. That's where I got my 2000G winnings. The third game I only played a few times, and it was cake. I forget what it's called.

RenoRex1995
08-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Imagine GO for an AC set in China. Or even Majong...

I absolutely love to those games.

Hell, they'll have to spend half an hour to explain the rules...

aL_____eX
08-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I don't like these board games in AC either, because I think it's kind of stupid to sit in front of your console and play a board game. That's something I do with friends around. I just played them for 100%ing reasons.

PS: But the award for worst mini games in gaming history goes to... Watch_Dogs! The drinking game trophy took me like half of the time I spent on the whole game.

Shahkulu101
08-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I don't like these board games in AC either, because I think it's kind of stupid to sit in front of your console and play a board game. That's something I do with friends around. I just played them for 100%ing reasons.

PS: But the award for worst mini games in gaming history goes to... Watch_Dogs! The drinking game trophy took me like half of the time I spent on the whole game.

It is. Why developers keep shoving in pointless filler content like board games in AC and bloody Tennis in GTAV I do not know.

Immersive my ***, it just makes this crazy world in which I can mass murder and climb buildings or in GTA where I can kill LITERALLY anything a little bit more mundane. It's not supposed to mimic real life, it's supposed to be in AC's case the fantasy of historical tour with hooded terrorist who is rationalised in his actions because STORY SAYS SO and in GTAV you're your inner demon, a homicidal maniac with an undying urge to run over old ladies. Board games and Tennis do not enhance these experiences and they should be lit on fire and have salt thrown on them.

travilanche
08-18-2014, 06:43 PM
It is. Why developers keep shoving in pointless filler content like board games in AC and bloody Tennis in GTAV I do not know.

Immersive my ***, it just makes this crazy world in which I can mass murder and climb buildings or in GTA where I can kill LITERALLY anything a little bit more mundane. It's not supposed to mimic real life, it's supposed to be in AC's case the fantasy of historical tour with hooded terrorist who is rationalised in his actions because STORY SAYS SO and in GTAV you're your inner demon, a homicidal maniac with an undying urge to run over old ladies. Board games and Tennis do not enhance these experiences and they should be lit on fire and have salt thrown on them.

I think in GTA they designed tennis and golf with multiplayer in mind. Both are quite fun online.

Ureh
08-19-2014, 01:05 AM
I don't really have the patience to properly play those board games.... Most of the time I just follow any available move that'll take as many pieces as possible. On rare occasions I might spend some time in the tank and actually try and imagine what would happen 4-5 moves later. But I did like the bowls game and checkers... those are easier. :p xD One board game is I am kinda hoping for is chess...

Another mini-game I like is Caravan from FONV.

GoldenBoy9999
08-19-2014, 01:34 AM
I had a horrible experience with Bowls with that red-headed man at the Homestead. i was doing it for an achievement and it took me like 3 hours. I had no fun at all. Playing other games for leisure were okay though.

THE-MANK-01
08-19-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm a bit indifferent towards the board games. I did find some enjoyment out of nine men's morris in AC3, but I only played it because of the trophy, and I'll probably only play a board game in unity if there is a trophy or some sort of non-money reward involved. There's just other things I'd rather do in a AC game.

JustPlainQuirky
08-19-2014, 01:45 AM
I found the board games fun.

Perk89
08-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Morris can die a fiery death. What a cheap game with an arbitrary set of make it up as you go rules...

the other games were fun though

Darkljolly
08-19-2014, 02:15 AM

Seriously man who the hell cares if you play a board game in front of a console, what difference is it from people playing chess on their computers?

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/pure-chess-ps4.html

Its not liked your forced to play them, unless of course your after a plat.

Locopells
08-19-2014, 11:45 AM
I had a horrible experience with Bowls with that red-headed man at the Homestead. i was doing it for an achievement and it took me like 3 hours. I had no fun at all. Playing other games for leisure were okay though.

You should've used the sailor by the dock to the west of the homestead. Much easier.