PDA

View Full Version : Why Connor won't get another game

LieutenantRex
08-17-2014, 06:57 PM
He was boring. A horrible voice actor and a bland perspective for the player to view. About 90% of people who played AC3 can confirm this. But I know you lot on the Ubiforums have a hard-on for Connor, so I won't go into that.

So far there have been FIVE games set in the 18th century. FIVE MAJOR releases, if you count Liberation. The 18th century was a time of change. A lot of revolutions, including the Industrial Revolution started in it, but I am so SICK of it. It used to be my favourite period of history! Men looking suave with their long ponytails and breeches, women wearing baby hats and long skirts, and I was SOOOOO excited when AC3 was announced. But the eighteenth century has had more coverage than ANY other period in an AC game. WHY? I'm sick of it. You might as well change the name from Assassin's Creed to Eighteenth Century's Creed or something. Let's move on! No more games in this stupid century. No more Connor, Shay, Haytham, or freakin' Aveline, please! If you're going to make something about them, make a novel or something. A kid's book. Just no more games. Look at all the periods of history we could have gone into! Japan! Egypt! Ancient Rome! Taiwan! Australia! Dubai! Eastern Europe! Russia! India! China! Mesoamerica! Medieval Europe!

No more games for Connor, I beg you. I'm sorry, he was a deep character with a occasional wet dreams about Charles Lee, but if I have another AC game set in the eighteenth century, I might just quit the series altogether, and I've been a LONGTIME fan.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
SERIOUSLY??!?!

.....Reported.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
what if they have another 18th century game in 5 years

Xstantin
08-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Dude stop trolling. Every thread you make is the same crap

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Just ****ing stop. It wasn't funny the first time.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I can't believe this troll hasn't been banned yet!!

ZakMc.
08-17-2014, 07:04 PM
What if you're wrong...and they're right?

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 07:04 PM
The last thread was funny, but this one is just in bad taste. Reported

But speaking of 18th century, I'm pretty sure we're getting one more with Unity's engine.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 07:05 PM
I can't believe this troll hasn't been banned yet!!

I was seriously just about to post this. I prefer Radman's random threads than this. At least his were somewhat informative.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 07:05 PM
In all seriousness though, if there is a Connor sequel I could see them holding off creating it until like 2020 so that people would pretty much forget about him and be like "Huh? who's that guy? he sounds cool." because by 2020 only the hardcore fans from the beginning will be playing Assassin's Creed and most of it's playerbase will be 15 year olds that were 2 years old when the first Assassin's creed came out

LieutenantRex
08-17-2014, 07:19 PM
In all seriousness though, if there is a Connor sequel I could see them holding off creating it until like 2020 so that people would pretty much forget about him and be like "Huh? who's that guy? he sounds cool." because by 2020 only the hardcore fans from the beginning will be playing Assassin's Creed and most of it's playerbase will be 15 year olds that were 2 years old when the first Assassin's creed came out

This is the only way I'd accept another 18th century game and Connor sequel! It'd be pretty retro dude!

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:23 PM
The last thread was funny, but this one is just in bad taste. Reported

But speaking of 18th century, I'm pretty sure we're getting one more with Unity's engine.

I think it's either going to be an Arno sequel or Victorian England. Then we'll move on to a completely new era with major gameplay overhauls again.

It doesn't really matter, people will remember Connor through rose-colored glasses anyway. It's already happening to some extent; Connor was pretty negatively received at launch but now he seems to be remembered more fondly. I for one didn't like him at all after my first playthrough, but in retrospect I like him pretty well. If they release a badass trailer of Connor being a cool mofo with a shaved head and war paint all will be forgotten.

jayjay275
08-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Why we won't see you again... Reported.

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Hm you guys are reporting him for this?

Lol I get people angrier with my posts while not even trying to troll.

jayjay275
08-17-2014, 07:30 PM
It's the fact that the thread is made with the intention of harassing fans about Connor. Plus, the thread isn't needed as there is already a discussion about Connor's future.

LieutenantRex
08-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Hey man, report me if you want, but you're the ones getting angry at my threads. If you don't like what I type, don't read, y'know man?

TheHumanTowel
08-17-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm reporting everyone for frivolous reports. I'm also reporting everyone for saying they're reporting someone because you're not supposed to do that.

HoIcon
How about a Connor sequel that's takes place 20 years after the end of AC3, then Connor could be a lot wiser and it won't technically be an 18th century game,
unless it's already been decided that he passed on his genes a lot earlier

Assassin_M
I....don't see why everybody is so angry?

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 07:36 PM

1) He's been spamming the forum with troll threads
2) He's trying to start a flame war on purpose

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Because he's fueling the smoke that almost started a fire in another thread.

Because you're genuine and debatable. You can't argue with a troll, you'll just look silly.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:42 PM
1) He's been spamming the forum with troll threads
2) He's trying to start a flame war on purpose
1) but nobody has been this angry at his other troll threads.
2) I agree but why let him start one by being angry and actually discussing what he said? everybody knows he's a troll by now, right?

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 07:45 PM
1) but nobody has been this angry at his other troll threads.
2) I agree but why let him start one by being angry and actually discussing what he said? everybody knows he's a troll by now, right?

But there are new trolling/hijacking/spamming rules that we should be aware of, and he's kind ignoring that and subtly asking for "trouble."

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
But there are new trolling/hijacking/spamming rules that we should be aware of, and he's kind ignoring that and subtly asking for "trouble."
then let the mods handle it, this thread is now 3 pages long and i admit being guilty of that but everybody gave him what he wanted...

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Another day, Another Connor Debate.

Not even gonna get involved with this one.

;)

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Because you're genuine and debatable. You can't argue with a troll, you'll just look silly.

Awww that makes me warm.

Oh hey, I'm still waiting on my drink in the skills thread >;[

GunnerGalactico
08-17-2014, 07:53 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ak98ikUY1qhsbc4o1_500.gif

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Seriously, like why have the recent threads been trying to start flame wars out of spite?

It's Annoying...

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 08:03 PM

You're posts don't make me angry, Sesh. :)

king-hailz
08-17-2014, 08:05 PM
As much as I am sick of the eighteenth century... I think there will be at least 2 more game there... Victoria England... and something else...

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Awww that makes me warm.

Oh hey, I'm still waiting on my drink in the skills thread >;[

http://i60.tinypic.com/2n6xbbd.jpg

I forgot what you wanted so I got you lemon juice. Keep the mug, I look dashing in it.

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Someone please lock this thread. This has been discussed in depth a few weeks back.

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 08:22 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2n6xbbd.jpg

I forgot what you wanted so I got you lemon juice. Keep the mug, I look dashing in it.

I like lemon. I am pleased.

You do look dashing, I'm gonna like... put it on my mantle when it's not in use.

marvelfannumber
08-17-2014, 08:34 PM
I am so tired of all these people being like "ermergerds, im su sick of 18th century, naaw stauf naow!".

It's very childish and kind of ungrateful to say, I mean first of all the fact that you can't wait 2 years without complaining about staleness is stupid when most fanbases have to wait double that time to get just one new game. Second of all, you're probably gonna be wanting the 18th century back anyways once we get more than 2 games of the next setting, just like all these wierdos who complained about Ezio getting too many games, but once AC3 came out they were all like "Er merr gerdd Ezio cam baaeeck".

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I am so tired of all these people being like "ermergerds, im su sick of 18th century, naaw stauf naow!".

It's very childish and kind of ungrateful to say, I mean first of all the fact that you can't wait 2 years without complaining about staleness is stupid when most fanbases have to wait double that time to get just one new game. Second of all, you're probably gonna be wanting the 18th century back anyways once we get more than 2 games of the next setting, just like all these wierdos who complained about Ezio getting too many games, but once AC3 came out they were all like "Er merr gerdd Ezio cam baaeeck".

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

^ This. And tell me about it...that whole: "GIVE US SOMETHING NEW! ( 1 game later) NOW GIVE US EZIO BACK!" Ordeal was annoying for a time.

Xstantin
08-17-2014, 08:46 PM
^There are still some people who want games with Ezio's kids lol. I think even though Renaissance cities were beautiful, 18th century stories offer more variety when it comes to terrain, layout, weather and all that.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh god Rex.

Every thread you make brings a smile to my face.

Your power of jimmie rustling astounds me.

Never stop being you.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 08:58 PM
^There are still some people who want games with Ezio's kids lol. I think even though Renaissance cities were beautiful, 18th century stories offer more variety when it comes to terrain, layout, weather and all that.

^ I think 18th Century is Vastly underrated by alot of people.

Sure, it's getting old, but it's really evolved this series IMO.

- More Grey Storylines
- Morally Grey Characters
( Connor, Edward, Haytham)
- Better non-cartoonish Templars
- Better Side characters
- Different perspectives
- Deeper depth into Both orders and Morality
- Naval
- Arguably better MD portions

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Oh god Rex.

Never stop being you.

Thats so weird. You know how guys name their willys? Mine is Jimmy!

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh god Rex.

Never stop being you.

Why do I feel like this isn't sincere...

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 09:03 PM
^ I think 18th Century is Vastly underrated by alot of people.

Sure, it's getting old, but it's really evolved this series IMO.

- More Grey Storylines
- Morally Grey Characters
( Connor, Edward, Haytham)
- Better non-cartoonish Templars
- Better Side characters
- Different perspectives
- Deeper depth into Both orders and Morality
- Naval
- Arguably better MD portions

And engine.

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Thats so weird. You know how guys name their willys? Mine is Jimmy!

ITT Pacmanate wants his Jimmy rustled by underage Mayrice.

Take him away gais.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 09:07 PM
ITT Pacmanate wants his Jimmy rustled by underage Mayrice.

Take him away gais.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

@namizake

Nah I'm one of the few sick bastards who finds Rex's humor genuinely amusing. I get a good chuckle out of his threads.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:08 PM
And engine.

^ This too... ;)

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 09:09 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Standard day on the internet.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:10 PM
@Mayrice.

Ah, okay...I understand. ;)

I find it amusing as well...

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Modern Day SUCKED for AC3 and AC4. Thats not a Pro of the 18th century.

The modern day for AC3 was gimped so bad and AC4's modern day was boring apart from some of the files. All you did in AC4 was walk around in first person, with the occasional fast walk. Hardly "evolved".

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 09:36 PM
AC3 and AC4's modern day were the best in the series though.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 09:41 PM
He said ''arguably'', which is true. Despite being in First Person and walking around Abstergo Industry, you actually had a lot more to go on than any of its predecessors. We got a lot of answers, fan-service, and hours of other content to go off.

As for AC:3, for me, it had a better Modern Day than AC:1, AC:2, and AC:R. But regardless, modern day have never been good. I was simply satisfied with actually doing something for once.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Modern Day SUCKED for AC3 and AC4. Thats not a Pro of the 18th century.

The modern day for AC3 was gimped so bad and AC4's modern day was boring apart from some of the files. All you did in AC4 was walk around in first person, with the occasional fast walk. Hardly "evolved".

Why do you think I put "Arguably"?

And it wasn't like AC1-ACR were any better....we basically leave after a certain point to either get told to get back in, or some cutscene talking about Desmond's progress. At least I felt more interested in AC3's.....and Curious in AC4's.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 09:44 PM
AC:B, AC:3, and AC:4 had the best modern day because of good character interactions and information.

AC:3 had great modern day optional conversations with Shaun, William, Rebecca. AC:4 took Desmond's character from AC3 and expanded upon it.

I loved those modern day sections.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:46 PM
He said ''arguably'', which is true. Despite being in First Person and walking around Abstergo Industry, you actually had a lot more to go on than any of its predecessors. We got a lot of answers, fan-service, and hours of other content to go off.

As for AC:3, for me, it had a better Modern Day than AC:1, AC:2, and AC:R. But regardless, modern day have never been good. I was simply satisfied with actually doing something for once.

^ This.

CSKarasu
08-17-2014, 09:46 PM
I never want to see another game with Connor in it.

Sabuto78
08-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Way to feed the troll.

LuitenantRex wins.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 09:52 PM
I never want to see another game with Connor in it.
I do.

I also want to see another game with Altair and Ezio. I want Bloodlines and Discovery as actual games.

Another Edward game would be cool if it was in London.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 09:56 PM
I do.

I also want to see another game with Altair and Ezio. I want Bloodlines and Discovery as actual games.

^ This. I would LOVE a bloodlines and another Edward game because I always felt like there was mystery in that gap from AC4 to Forsaken. And of course that Connor Sequel.

CSKarasu
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
I do.

I felt Connor was a one-dimensional character. He was angry and wanted revenge, that encapsulated his entire character.

The only brief flicker of interest in his character came out of the disfunctional partnership with his father.

GunnerGalactico
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Hahaha! Who voted for the last choice? :p

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
^ This. I would LOVE a bloodlines and another Edward game because I always felt like there was mystery in that gap from AC4 to Forsaken. And of course that Connor Sequel.

Isn't that precisely the reason that Rogue is being released, to finally end the Kenway saga (as well as explore the areas that haven't been documented)?

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 10:19 PM
I felt Connor was a one-dimensional character. He was angry and wanted revenge, that encapsulated his entire character.

The only brief flicker of interest in his character came out of the disfunctional partnership with his father.

Connor doesn't want revenge, I've argued this many times. He wants freedom and liberty.

Where are people getting revenge from?

When he killed Johnson, that's because Johnson was buying his land despite Connor and the rebels' effort in stopping his money supply.

He killed Hickey because Hickey was attempting in ending Washington's life.

He killed Church because Church held the supplies for the rebels and was in both his and Haytham's way.

He killed Pitcairn because Pitcairn was supporting the crown, and was dominating at Bunker Hill. (Or at least from what I remember. Definitely not revenge)

He killed Haytham because Haytham was in his way of reaching Lee, and was choking him. Connor was willing to spare his life.

He killed Lee because Lee has caused far too many deaths despite not being responsible for his village. He still caused a massacre during a battle to dethrone Washington, and caused Boston's massacre. Probably more, but I forgot his other sins.

And again, even after a kill, Connor have tried to plead a peace treaty. He would lecture for NOT KILLING. He even tried to join the two orders to stop anymore bloodshed DESPITE thinking that the Templar were responsible for his village's burning and mother's death.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 10:32 PM
@Fatal

Great Post as always!!! ;)

GunnerGalactico
08-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Connor doesn't want revenge, I've argued this many times. He wants freedom and liberty.

Where are people getting revenge from?

When he killed Johnson, that's because Johnson was buying his land despite Connor and the rebels' effort in stopping his money supply.

He killed Hickey because Hickey was attempting in ending Washington's life.

He killed Church because Church held the supplies for the rebels and was in both his and Haytham's way.

He killed Pitcairn because Pitcairn was supporting the crown, and was dominating at Bunker Hill. (Or at least from what I remember. Definitely not revenge)

He killed Haytham because Haytham was in his way of reaching Lee, and was choking him. Connor was willing to spare his life.

He killed Lee because Lee has caused far too many deaths despite not being responsible for his village. He still caused a massacre during a battle to dethrone Washington, and caused Boston's massacre. Probably more, but I forgot his other sins.

And again, even after a kill, Connor have tried to plead a peace treaty. He would lecture for NOT KILLING. He even tried to join the two orders to stop anymore bloodshed DESPITE thinking that the Templar were responsible for his village's burning and mother's death.

^ Spot on.

I do hope this thread gets locked soon. I grow tired of these arguments, it seems to be an every day thing now.

EscoBlades
08-17-2014, 10:41 PM
I think this has run its course.

For future Connor discussion - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902051-Discuss-Connor-s-Future-Thread