PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry help (PSN)

dman1988
08-17-2014, 03:45 PM
I bought Freedom Cry when it first came out(I was playing Black Flag through Gamefly) but when Ubisoft announced that you could play Freedom Cry without having to own Black Flag I tried to find it in my XMB(the PS3 version)but couldn't find it anywhere.I tried re-downloading it but that didn't work.Do I have to buy the DLC a second time just to replay it?

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly, but the 'standalone version' and the 'DLC' are two seperate products/purchases (different prices too) as far as the PSN is concerned. So it you've bought it as a DLC, you can't play it 'standalone'.

HoIcon
08-17-2014, 04:16 PM
are you sure you bought the PSN version and not the DLC version?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=freedom%20cry?gclid=CjkKEQjwodmdBRDm_ZLhorWm68UB EiQAKhO3_Tfh0QnumXnmDjgEAuPShqOqeWY89gSLeIYu-KPjoWjw_wcB

dman1988
08-17-2014, 04:46 PM
They're not the same thing?

But they're the same exact content.

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 06:43 PM
They're not the same thing?

But they're the same exact content.

But I assume it's cheaper to get it as DLC because you already payed for the game?

HoIcon
08-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Freedom Cry was originally only DLC for Black Flag and wouldn't play without a copy or download of Black Flag but Ubisoft later released freedom Cry as it's own game
That's probably where you heard about it not needing Black Flag because it was its own game and that's why there are 2 versions on the store, seems you downloaded the wrong version
Any chance you could borrow a PS3 version of ACIV off someone so you can play that DLC? then it won't be a complete waste