PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Coop on PS4 requires PS+

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Not sure if this merits its own thread, but I don't see it anywhere else on the forums.

It's evident from the PSN page for ACU pre-orders, that the online component (which, as we know, is just the coop) requires PS+.

Some people were hoping that it might not (since not all online functionality absolutely needs it); so I thought it's worth posting:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19784797/20140817160218.jpg

SHADOWGARVIN
08-17-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm not suprised, but i'm disappointed though. I don't have ps+. Maybe i will get it so i can play co-op with other people.

HoIcon
08-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Was hoping it wasn't going to need PS+, i have PS+ so personally i'm fine, but some of my friends that don't have PS+ wanted to get ACU and play co-op

ze_topazio
08-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Well, co-op seemed interesting...

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 03:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But yet, I figured as much.

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Not sure how PS+ works exactly, but if the game has co-op trophies, then this is absolutely ridiculous.

jayjay275
08-17-2014, 03:13 PM
I expected this to be honest, but I already have PS+. So long as trophies aren't behind co-op, I wouldn't be fussed. It is a bit upsetting to see a major feature of the game restricted by a pay-wall.

Didact-XV
08-17-2014, 03:22 PM
That's ok .

The season pass is $30 not $20

Do you know what that means ?
:cool:

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 03:43 PM
That's ok .

The season pass is $30 not $20

Do you know what that means ?
:cool:

No; what does it mean?

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Ah f*ck.

Now I can't play co-op

Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me. Screw me three times wtf Ubi??!?! Hngh

Should have seen it coming. Mr_shade implied it.

F*ckin pay walls...

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Ah f*ck.

Now I can't play co-op

Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me. Screw me three times wtf Ubi??!?! Hngh

Should have seen it coming. Mr_shade implied it.

F*ckin pay walls...

Do you not have anyway of affording it? I was expecting this & I already have it, so it doesn't bother me.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Do you not have anyway of affording it? I was expecting this & I already have it, so it doesn't bother me.

I don't use PS+

It's a poor investment for me who hardly uses online and does not like digital versions of games. And i dont like paying additional subscription fees.

so paying fo PS+ for the next 7 or so years just for AC Unity and other future AC games bothers me. especially when i rather invest in more important stuff #lowonmanies

but whatever i should have seen this coming

Xstantin
08-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Oh well. I was about to get PS+ by October anyway.

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't use PS+

It's a poor investment for me who hardly uses online and does not like digital versions of games. And i dont like paying additional subscription fees.

so paying fo PS+ for the next 7 or so years just for AC Unity and other future AC games bothers me. especially when i rather invest in more important stuff #lowonmanies

but whatever i should have seen this coming

Why don't you get it for a month when Unity comes out? I'm not sure if that's an option, though. Maybe three months?

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
I got it for 3 months recently because I heard it was required for destiny. turns out i was wrong. (and i ended up not liking destiny anyway)

not sure i want to waste in another 3 months. I hear theyre cheaper during christmas

ah well my birthday is coming up soon. maybe i can subtly hint at people to buy me PS+ as a gift *sips drink*

marvelfannumber
08-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Ah well then, I guess i'll just hope the PC version is gonna be decently optimized then....ah who am I kidding of course it won't. No online for me =/

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 05:24 PM
yeah was hoping i could pick up a high end PC in time to evade the online paywall

but real life circumstances prevented that

#paywallsforeveryone

Ureh
08-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Not sure how long I'll be playing Unity co-op so I'll just play it safe and buy three months (or one month if they have that option). $18 is quite a bit though (on top of the $60).

AherasSTRG
08-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Why are you blaming Ubisoft, Mayrice? Sony exclusively decides which online services require a fee and which do not.

I sincerely believe that the PC is the only logical choice for gamers these days, but the market shares prove otherwise every day...

Ureh
08-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Too bad for those that want to just solo the brohood missions. :(

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 06:04 PM
there are definitely going to be co-op trophies

other games have multiplayer trophies and you need PS+ for that

anyway, trophies don't mean anything anyway.

PS+ is great anyway, so it's fine to me.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Too bad for those that want to just solo the brohood missions. :(

Uh, why? I presume that you would still be able to play the co-op missions alone if you don't have PS+.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Not sure how PS+ works exactly, but if the game has co-op trophies, then this is absolutely ridiculous.

^THIS! I HATE that!

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
AC4 has multiplayer trophies----as well as 'actions' to 'unlock' on uplay----, and on PS4, it requires PS+

ZakMc.
08-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Uh, why? I presume that you would still be able to play the co-op missions alone if you don't have PS+.

Pessimistic me says, This wont be the case. Wouldn't this encourage you to play coop alone, that doesnt make sense...?:confused:

SHADOWGARVIN
08-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Pessimistic me says, This wont be the case. Wouldn't this encourage you to play coop alone, that doesnt make sense...?:confused:

It wouldn't make any sense if you needed ps+ to play co-op solo. You need ps+ to play co-op with your friends. Just like you needed ps+ if you wanted to play Black Flag's multiplayer on the ps4.

wvstolzing
08-17-2014, 07:03 PM

Soloing coop missions is supposed to be difficult, so that could be the deterrent----if there's any needed.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 07:06 PM
PC: The only platform where you can play co-op on Unity for free

Xstantin
08-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Do you need PSplus if you play solo wolfpack? I thought some of W_D stuff could be accessed without plus, not sure though cause I haven't played MP part

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Why is this suddenly such an outrage now? You had to have PS+ to play AC4 online. It's pretty much standard protocol for PS4, and Xbox has been doing it since the 360. Is it a racket? Sure, but it's only fifty dollars a year. That's like one tenth of one month's rent. I know people get hit with money problems, and I'm coming off of a bit of a rough patch myself (sh*t happens) but if you can afford a $400 machine and $60 per game as a luxury, PS+ shouldn't be an issue. Besides, new PS4s come with a voucher for a free 3-month trial.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Do you need PSplus if you play solo wolfpack? I thought some of W_D stuff could be accessed without plus, not sure though cause I haven't played MP part

It could, the 1v1 MP parts could be played without PS+, and those were the only good MP components in Watch Dogs, so..

SixKeys
08-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Why is this suddenly such an outrage now? You had to have PS+ to play AC4 online. It's pretty much standard protocol for PS4, and Xbox has been doing it since the 360. Is it a racket? Sure, but it's only fifty dollars a year. That's like one tenth of one month's rent. I know people get hit with money problems, and I'm coming off of a bit of a rough patch myself (sh*t happens) but if you can afford a $400 machine and $60 per game as a luxury, PS+ shouldn't be an issue. Besides, new PS4s come with a voucher for a free 3-month trial.

A lot of people never cared about the multiplayer but lots of people have been clamoring for co-op in the single-player for years. Now they're finally making it a reality and making people pay extra for it.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:57 PM
A lot of people never cared about the multiplayer but lots of people have been clamoring for co-op in the single-player for years. Now they're finally making it a reality and making people pay extra for it.

Technically they aren't, Sony is.

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Well PS+ is needed for online play so of course? This should have been obvious.

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah I'm not getting a PS4 for this after all. I'll wait and grab it for PC where I can buy the game cheaper and not pay to use the servers that I already paid to use.

It's gonna take longer and I won't get it at launch but whatever, gonna vote with my wallet and say no matter how little the charge is I won't pay it to use a feature that should be default and free and IS default and free on PC.

Way to take a step back consoles.

Not trying to troll console users btw but this is just true. It's total BS.

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Xbox Live has been around for years and was needed to play online, and you only mention this 7 years later? ^^^^^^^

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 08:34 PM
The PS3 was a step in the right direction with its free online. Nobody expected the PS4 to be a step backwards, so...

marvelfannumber
08-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Xbox Live has been around for years and was needed to play online, and you only mention this 7 years later? ^^^^^^^

Xbox Live sucked too tho. ^^^^^^

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
The PS3 was a step in the right direction with its free online. Nobody expected the PS4 to be a step backwards, so...

Hardly, PS+ pays for itself. I payed 30 for the year. I have:

PS3

Far Cry 3
Bioshock Infinite
Metro
Uncharted 3
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Tomb Raider
Crysis 3
Remember Me

PS4

Contrast
Resogun
Outlast
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Road Not Taken

PS Vita

Uncharted Golden Abyss

In the space of 2 months and just 3 games, it payed for itself. I got all those other games for free.

Xstantin
08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
The other thing, community challenges for Black Flag are pretty much over, right? So is there a chance that servers get closed, die or something, and a chunk of the game (which according to the interviews features some of important historical events) will become impossible to complete?

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 08:49 PM

No I berated their stupid asses all over other forums 7 years ago.

Sony is the one jumping on the ******* bandwagon though so they are the ones that deserve attacking now,

Hardly, PS+ pays for itself. I payed 30 for the year. I have:

PS3

Far Cry 3
Bioshock Infinite
Metro
Uncharted 3
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Tomb Raider
Crysis 3
Remember Me

PS4

Contrast
Resogun
Outlast
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Road Not Taken

PS Vita

Uncharted Golden Abyss

In the space of 2 months and just 3 games, it payed for itself. I got all those other games for free.

That's so god damned irrelevant.

I don't care how good a deal you think it is. It's still paying for a feature THAT SHOULD BE DEFAULT AND FREE.

You want to offer the games for PS+? Cool that's great I WILL pay for that, that's not a default and basic feature but online gaming IS.

FFS Imagine if I went to go buy a car and the guy said, well, here's the car you paid for but hey... if you want the steering wheel package in order to drive it, we're gonna need 5 dollars a month OH! but hey! Don't worry on top of that you get free oil changes and car washes for as long as you pay!

They take a basic, expected, DEFAULT feature, rip it out and then soothe oblivious people with a supposed "deal".

Sony is plotting and scheming, like all other companies, they see how complacent you are. They'll prey on it, next gen they'll make it worse, they'll take another basic feature and put it behind a pay wall with "bonuses" attached OR they'll raise the price of PS+ because they can because you guys let them.

The other thing, community challenges for Black Flag are pretty much over, right? So is there a chance that servers get closed, die or something, and a chunk of the game (which according to the interviews features some of important historical events) will become impossible to complete?

Quake 3 was ahead of its time with this, players can host their own servers on their own PC, no need for anything but the game and the system.

This is a feature that should become basic and free too but the gaming industry is too busy being greedy **** wits.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 08:50 PM
I thought Sony made it clear in articles months ago that it's up to the developers whether or not a game requires PS+

Can I get clarification on that?

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:52 PM
I thought Sony made it clear in articles months ago that it's up to the developers whether or not a game requires PS+

Can I get clarification on that?

Yes, go google it yourself.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Friggin'.....

makin' me move my hands....

smh *googles*

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:55 PM
No I berated their stupid asses all over other forums 7 years ago.

Sony is the one jumping on the ******* bandwagon though so they are the ones that deserve attacking now,

That's so god damned irrelevant.

I don't care how good a deal you think it is. It's still paying for a feature THAT SHOULD BE DEFAULT AND FREE.

Well something has to pay for their servers and features. It's not free for Sony, we pay for the servers WE use, the features we get for our consoles are from OUR money.

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Well something has to pay for their servers and features. It's not free for Sony, we pay for the servers WE use, the features we get for our consoles are from OUR money.

Whose servers?

Why don't I have to pay on PC HM?

Your argument makes zero sense. The only reason I have to pay on consoles but not PC is because they're using different servers, if they're using different servers than they're only there to charge you extra. There's NO reason to have to pay for the same servers PC gets for free.

Reminds me why I quit consoles last gen. Crap's been going down the drain ever since Microsoft jumped to the forefront.

The only good thing they've EVER done is make a decent Windows OS.... Every other release anyways. Well, that and they sponsored The Guild but that's not enough to wave away the damage they've caused.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 09:32 PM
It's not a PC Master Race vs Peasant Console thread, guys. Let's get back on topic.

Notice how I said PC Master Race ;D

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 10:04 PM
It's not a PC Master Race vs Peasant Console thread, guys. Let's get back on topic.

I'm not arguing that, I'm just using it as a point to show how devious and DISGUSTING this practice is.

It should be pruned and Sony and MS should be shamed for this failure.

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZuNCTzdTWg

Everybody listen to this & relax. :)

Sesheenku
08-17-2014, 10:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZuNCTzdTWg

Everybody listen to this & relax. :)

Don't tell me to relax! YOU RELAX!

You wanna fight breh?!?!?!? C'MON! Let's take this to DA STREET!

mikeyf1999
08-17-2014, 10:07 PM
We'll I have ps plus for two years so to quote Nelson
HAHA

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 10:08 PM
1v1 me NUNS3FB ps3