PDA

View Full Version : No previous Assassins in AC Unity - Confirmed

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Follow

Assassin's CreedVerified account
‏@assassinscreed
.@xLayza For #ACUnity, we are focusing only on the story of Arno and the French Brotherhood, so no past Assassins.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-17-2014, 04:34 AM
Did we seriously need to have a thread for this? This was already mentioned in the other thread anyway >_>

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 04:35 AM
Old news /thread

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 04:45 AM
They'll be mentioned though. At least Altair and Ezio will, possibly Connor, but probably not Edward since he wasn't that important to the Brotherhood.

Altair was already mentioned in the demo.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 04:46 AM
They'll be mentioned though. At least Altair and Ezio will, possibly Connor, but probably not Edward since he wasn't that important to the Brotherhood.

Altair was already mentioned in the demo.

^ This...

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 04:56 AM
You bet that Connor will probably be mentioned. I mean, he brought back the Brotherhood from being practically destroyed to most likely becoming something thriving, at least by 1804.

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 05:15 AM
You bet that Connor will probably be mentioned. I mean, he brought back the Brotherhood from being practically destroyed to most likely becoming something thriving, at least by 1804.

Not to mention, he FORMED A NATION. Someone who's done that, deserves some mention at the least.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 06:26 AM

If Ubisoft would ever even mention him, I would imagine it would be in Rogue being that it will close the Kenway saga for good.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 07:01 AM
If Ubisoft would ever even mention him, I would imagine it would be in Rogue being that it will close the Kenway saga for good.

But, he literally destroyed an order of Templars and brought a section of the Brotherhood back from the practical dead. That's gotta be something that is mentioned in Unity. Connor has to be considered one of the greatest Assassins for what he did in terms of the history of the Assassins in the game. Why would Rogue even mention Connor? The oldest that Connor is going to get in the game is 5 years old.

Sabuto78
08-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Edward had the best potential though :'( :'(

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Connor's going to get a mention, that's for sure...His Revolution was literally right before theirs...

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 07:18 AM
"hey who was that guy who totally won the american revolution not long ago? Connie? Kurt? Kenny?

"I believe it was Cornelius"

"Ah, yes of course"

ze_topazio
08-17-2014, 12:15 PM
I wrote this on a different thread, this is how Ezio and Connor will be mentioned.

Arno: This revolution is a constant source of problems to deal with, I wonder what that American Assassin, Connor, would have done.

Assassin: Well, his revolution was quite different from ours.

Arno: True

Assassin: And he was not romantically involved with the enemy.

Arno: What do you mean?

Assassin: Elise, that's her name I believe, quite the ladies man you are monsieur Arno, Master Ezio would be proud.

Arno: but... but she's so kawaii. :D

Assassin: Desu ne? :o

ACfan443
08-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Connor's going to get a mention, that's for sure...His Revolution was literally right before theirs...

http://youtu.be/Rko-ottQm2U
1:33

Sounded like an indirect way of saying 'Connor and Edward won't get a mention, but Altair and Ezio will', though I'm not entirely sure if that last statement applies to all characters, or just the first two.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Sounded like an indirect way of saying 'Connor and Edward won't get a mention, but Altair and Ezio will', though I'm entirely sure if that last statement applies to all characters, or just the first two.

That's really interesting. It makes sense to me. Thanks for posting.

jayjay275
08-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Now we'll never see Connor again...

koeklin
08-17-2014, 04:57 PM
But maybe we might see two secondary characters of Assassin's Creed 3 : The Marquis de Lafayette (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Gilbert_du_Motier,_Marquis_de_Lafayette) and Benjamin Franklin (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin)

Benjamin Franklin was the United States Ambassador to France during the french Revolution. One of the most famous revolutionary song (aka ša ira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ah!_ša_ira)) is inspired by some of his words.
The Marquis de Lafayette was the the leader of the National Guard. In July 1791, The National Guard under lafayette fight into the crowd in the Champs de Mars (Champs de mars Massacre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champs_de_Mars_Massacre)), this event is one the most important of the revolution.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Benjamin Franklin will be in AC:U ?

Oh thank god. I was worried for a second there.

/sarcasm

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 05:01 PM

Sounded like an indirect way of saying 'Connor and Edward won't get a mention, but Altair and Ezio will', though I'm entirely sure if that last statement applies to all characters, or just the first two.

He seems like such a nice guy. I'm glad he's making the game because you can tell he's honest & really believes in what he's building.

JustPlainQuirky
08-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Connor isn't in Unity because he wasn't seamless enough.

SlyTrooper
08-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Connor isn't in Unity because he wasn't seamless enough.

He's not in Unity because he's trying to stop baby Connor from climbing trees. :)

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Now we'll never see Connor again...

Let me preface this with, these views are my own and they're not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. I totally respect others for liking the character, and I think others should respect my views. But if I could sum up my feelings right now in gif form it would be an amalgamation of the gifs posted below...times 50.

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1LzYyL2FuY2hvcm1hbi42NjJkYS5naWYKcA l0aHVtYgk4NTB4ODUwPgplCWpwZw/e36d14bd/1c0/anchorman.jpg
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2QwL2JyYWRwaXR0LmJjMmQyLmdpZgpwCX RodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/47ac6804/968/brad-pitt.jpg
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2ViL2hpZ2hzY2hvb2xtLjI4YjJhLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/f85714bf/b82/high-school-musical-victory.jpg
http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2ZkL25hcG9sZW9uZHluLjBiMTFlLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/6dc73dfc/d7a/napoleon-dynamite.jpg
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2VhL2x1Y3loYWxlLmZjZGMwLmdpZgpwCX RodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/fe6b281f/20f/lucy-hale.jpg
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1LzI2L3N1Y2Nlc3MuNmQ2MTUuZ2lmCnAJdG h1bWIJODUweDg1MD4KZQlqcGc/2ce5ad70/c04/success.jpg
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2YwL3RlZW53b2xmLjU0MzFkLmdpZgpwCX RodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/ea93d76e/2c7/teen-wolf.jpg
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2U1L2NvbGJlcnRyZXBvLjVjNmYxLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/5e9fcf0f/764/colbert-report.jpg
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2VkL2Rlc3BpY2FibGVtLmU0YjRjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/18a63471/07d/despicable-me.jpg
http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzA1L2NkL2ZhaXJseW9kZHBhLmM2MTVjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/7eb1de3f/5d7/fairly-odd-parents.jpg

Locopells
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Let's not make this a wind-up-the-connor-fans thread please.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
He seems like such a nice guy. I'm glad he's making the game because you can tell he's honest & really believes in what he's building.

He really does seem like a good guy, brilliant game designer as well.

Didn't he leave ubisoft at one point because he was offended at how the executives were treating the game developers?

Let's not make this a wind-up-the-connor-fans thread please.

It's not, just a little joking around.

Speaking of which, they mentioned that no previous Assassins will be appearing in AC Unity but he didn't say Templars, you think Shay will make an appearance in Unity?

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Seriously? no that's not joking around, that's purposefully disrespecting the opinions of others.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
He's not in Unity because he's trying to stop baby Connor from climbing trees. :)

Speaking of trees, I wonder if the new engine will allow us to climb rocks and trees again. Those were Connor's territory.

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 07:07 PM
but, no seriously, Connor literally HAS to be mentioned because of his accomplishments in AC3.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Lafayette will most likely mention him if he's present. Maybe he hires Connor as a bodyguard against Elise or Arno. I can really see that really happening. lol

Connor would make the ultimate boss battle.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Lafayette will most likely mention him if he's present. Maybe he hires Connor as a bodyguard against Elise or Arno. I can really see that really happening. lol

Connor would make the ultimate boss battle.

It ain't happening.

Connor will probably be mentioned by Thomas Paine in the American Prisoner mission. I don't think he ever met him (he was like the ONE founding father Connor didn't roll with :rolleyes:) but if he sees Arno he'll probably say "Washington told me about one of you, he helped win the war" or something.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Sounded like an indirect way of saying 'Connor and Edward won't get a mention, but Altair and Ezio will', though I'm not entirely sure if that last statement applies to all characters, or just the first two.
Yeah, I know about this but i don't think it really applies to Connor...i'm sure Edward wont get a mention but he only said Ezio and Altair are great mentors so they'll be mentioned but he left Connor out, he didn't give a flat out no...he could have said "Ezio and Altair were famous mentors so they'll get a mention but Connor and Edward were not as revered so they wont be mentioned"

I believe he was just answering the more obvious one that do not contain spoilers, perhaps the mentioning of Connor has to do with story line details.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 07:23 PM
*snip*

killjoy

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:24 PM
killjoy

Your joy should have already been killed by the OP

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Your joy should have already been killed by the OP

OP was already 12 hours late.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I know about this but i don't think it really applies to Connor...i'm sure Edward wont get a mention but he only said Ezio and Altair are great mentors so they'll be mentioned but he left Connor out, he didn't give a flat out no...he could have said "Ezio and Altair were famous mentors so they'll get a mention but Connor and Edward were not as revered so they wont be mentioned"

I believe he was just answering the more obvious one that do not contain spoilers, perhaps the mentioning of Connor has to do with story line details.

Eh, I don't know, if the mentions they're talking about are no more substantial than the Altair one in the last demo, I kinda doubt they'll mention Connor. His accomplishments were too recent and in the grand scheme of things he didn't do or discover anything that would be very relevant outside the colonies (at least not before the end of AC3).

Although this begs the question, if Altair and Ezio were so famous within the Brotherhood, why hadn't any of the modern Assassins heard of them? And if Ezio's discovery of the First Civ was common knowledge (Achilles' remark suggests that it was) why was it such a shock to Desmond and co.?

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Eh, I don't know, if the mentions they're talking about are no more substantial than the Altair one in the last demo, I kinda doubt they'll mention Connor. His accomplishments were too recent and in the grand scheme of things he didn't do or discover anything that would be very relevant outside the colonies (at least not before the end of AC3).
That's what I mean, he only confirmed the less substantial mentions because they have no bearing on the story but Connor's mention could involve some minor plot details that they don't want to mention for now. Actually, them being recent makes it perfect to mention them, especially since it's the same circumstance...a revolution. inspired by the american one, no less...So it's not only a similar circumstance, it's ALSO inspired by that circumstance and which Assassin was at center of that Revolution? Connor...I'm not saying he'll be mention because of his accomplishments, just for his LARGE involvement in the American Revolution...How did he deal with it? How did he keep the Brotherhood intact at that time? How he managed to keep the course of the revolution straight without letting it devolve into the mess that the French revolt devolved into. It's basically a given that Connor would be mentioned by the french Assassins.

Although this begs the question, if Altair and Ezio were so famous within the Brotherhood, why hadn't any of the modern Assassins heard of them? And if Ezio's discovery of the First Civ was common knowledge (Achilles' remark suggests that it was) why was it such a shock to Desmond and co.?
Well, that also begs the question of why none of the Modern assassins had ANY knowledge about those who came before...

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Seriously? no that's not joking around, that's purposefully disrespecting the opinions of others.

Let me preface this with, these views are my own and they're not intended to hurt anyone's feelings. I totally respect others for liking the character, and I think others should respect my views.

Don't take it so seriously, it's just a bit of fun. :o

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 07:45 PM
So anybody thinking that Shay might play a pivotal role in Unity?

Hans684
08-17-2014, 07:47 PM

There is something at the end of Rogue that connects to Unity, we just don't have any clue what it is.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 07:53 PM
No.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2014, 07:55 PM
That's what I mean, he only confirmed the less substantial mentions because they have no bearing on the story but Connor's mention could involve some minor plot details that they don't want to mention for now. Actually, them being recent makes it perfect to mention them, especially since it's the same circumstance...a revolution. inspired by the american one, no less...So it's not only a similar circumstance, it's ALSO inspired by that circumstance and which Assassin was at center of that Revolution? Connor...I'm not saying he'll be mention because of his accomplishments, just for his LARGE involvement in the American Revolution...How did he deal with it? How did he keep the Brotherhood intact at that time? How he managed to keep the course of the revolution straight without letting it devolve into the mess that the French revolt devolved into. It's basically a given that Connor would be mentioned by the french Assassins.

Maybe... I just figured the mentions they made would basically be "back in Altair/Ezio's time, yadda yadda yadda..." like the one we just saw. While Connor's time was the same as theirs. I guess we shouldn't rule anything out, but Altair and Ezio were like Assassin folk heroes while Connor was still a relatively new development at that point

Well, that also begs the question of why none of the Modern assassins had ANY knowledge about those who came before...

I think Bill did. He at least knew what an Apple of Eden was. Maybe it was just information they kept from the tender young 'uns

Although the more I think about it, the more bugged I am by Desmond not knowing who "Eezy-o Awditory" was after he trained as an Assassin for half his life. I can let Altair slide, since we never really got any indication of how Altair's legacy had lasted into the modern day, but the Assassin mentor in 2000 had a fricking life-size statue of Ezio in his main office :nonchalance: I'm thinking Desmond should have known who that was after having Assassin lessons drilled into his head for a decade and a half.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Maybe... I just figured the mentions they made would basically be "back in Altair/Ezio's time, yadda yadda yadda..." like the one we just saw. While Connor's time was the same as theirs. I guess we shouldn't rule anything out, but Altair and Ezio were like Assassin folk heroes while Connor was still a relatively new development at that point
Yeah, I think those types of mentions are why Alex mentioned them--They're passing mentions with no weight on the story. Connor's mention would most likely be different if it happens (i'll be surprised if it does not, to be honest)

I think Bill did. He at least knew what an Apple of Eden was. Maybe it was just information they kept from the tender young 'uns

Although the more I think about it, the more bugged I am by Desmond not knowing who "Eezy-o Awditory" was after he trained as an Assassin for half his life. I can let Altair slide, since we never really got any indication of how Altair's legacy had lasted into the modern day, but the Assassin mentor in 2000 had a fricking life-size statue of Ezio in his main office :nonchalance: I'm thinking Desmond should have known who that was after having Assassin lessons drilled into his head for a decade and a half.
Yeah, Bill did but why didn't Rebecca and Shaun?

You'd think William would tell him about his great fatherly lineage of great Assassins that includes Ezio but hey

Hans684
08-17-2014, 08:12 PM
You'd think William would tell him about his great fatherly lineage of great Assassins that includes Ezio but hey

William isn't exactly the barging type, he's more focused and secretive.

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 08:12 PM
I posted this in the Connors future thread a few days ago. Old news is old.

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 09:27 PM
No.

Why do you feel that way?

Jexx21
08-17-2014, 09:34 PM
if we're going to be asking about modern day contradictions...

Why did it take Desmond varying amounts of time to relive varying amounts of time?

AC1: 1 week to relive a few months of Altair's memories
AC2: 3 days to relive around 24 years of Ezio's life
ACB: around a month to relive 3 years of Ezio's life
ACR: a few weeks in a coma to relive 1-2 years of Ezio's life
AC3: almost 2 months to relive a few years of Haytham's life, and over a decade of Connor's life

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Why do you feel that way?
Because there's no reason for him to be there unless he's Arno's step father but Arno's step father respects the Assassins and Arno's father so he does not tell Arno of his allegiance to the Templars...Shay is bitter as hell so I don't think he'd have any sort of respect for any Assassin.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-17-2014, 09:42 PM
I posted this in the Connors future thread a few days ago. Old news is old.

lol. You really like saying that, don't you?

pacmanate
08-17-2014, 09:58 PM
lol. You really like saying that, don't you?

Cause im seeing a lot of old news floating around in new made up threads

Namikaze_17
08-17-2014, 10:01 PM
^ There should be a rule for that...

StocktonBrawler
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Because there's no reason for him to be there unless he's Arno's step father but Arno's step father respects the Assassins and Arno's father so he does not tell Arno of his allegiance to the Templars...Shay is bitter as hell so I don't think he'd have any sort of respect for any Assassin.

Yes, but he very well may be one of the Templars who has been actively and systematically murdering members of the old guard (Templars). I think it makes complete sense if Shay is one of the Templars involved with the murder of Elise's father, hence the hidden link between the games, and the delay. I believe it's certainly plausible.

It makes sense to me, well, I believe it makes more sense for that to happen than any of the Kenway saga characters to make an appearance.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
Cause im seeing a lot of old news floating around in new made up threads

Yes, but even if it's new news you call it old news.

Assassin_M
08-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Yes, but he very well may be one of the Templars who has been actively and systematically murdering members of the old guard (Templars). I think it makes complete sense if Shay is one of the Templars involved with the murder of Elise's father, hence the hidden link between the games, and the delay. I believe it's certainly plausible.

It makes sense to me, well, I believe it makes more sense for that to happen than any of the Kenway saga characters to make an appearance.
Why would he be involved in that at all? If he's an ally of Haytham's, then I don't see him murdering the old guard to be honest. it's too much of a stretch to think that Shay would leave America for France to murder Templars...what would motivate him to go there? There're Templars in America and he'd be very valuable to them so I don't see a reason for him to go to france at all.

It's been said that there's a mystery in Unity and Rogue solves it....if Shay was the one who killed Arno's step father then that leaves a large gap in Unity's storyline because Arno is motivated by finding who the killer of his step father was and Elise is out for revenge...if it's a mystery that's answered in Rogue then it remains a mystery in Unity, which makes no sense.

StocktonBrawler
08-18-2014, 12:59 AM
Never say never...and I didn't mention Arno's father at all. Although, I do admit that you may be right. TBH, I think Shay is only there to eliminate the remaining characters in the Kenway saga.

And I had received your pm, would you prefer to discuss it privately or would you want to make a thread where we could have an honest public debate regarding the matter?

Cheers.

JustPlainQuirky
08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Yes, but even if it's new news you call it old news.

Nah its old news, yo.

Namikaze_17
08-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Why isn't this thread locked?

It's all news we already know...

Assassin_M
08-18-2014, 01:27 AM
Never say never...and I didn't mention Arno's father at all. Although, I do admit that you may be right. TBH, I think Shay is only there to eliminate the remaining characters in the Kenway saga.
Me neither, I mentioned Arno's step father. I think it'll be the other way around, I think Connor eventually ends him.

And I had received your pm, would you prefer to discuss it privately or would you want to make a thread where we could have an honest public debate regarding the matter?

Cheers.
I don't mind doing it publicly, I only sent you a PM so that we could avoid any volatile flame wars and it'd be just between you and me but like I said, if you want it in a thread, then I don't mind that either.

StocktonBrawler
08-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Me neither, I mentioned Arno's step father. I think it'll be the other way around, I think Connor eventually ends him.

I don't mind doing it publicly, I only sent you a PM so that we could avoid any volatile flame wars and it'd be just between you and me but like I said, if you want it in a thread, then I don't mind that either.

If you want to make a thread dedicated to the subject, I would be delighted to partake in the discussion. I shall not make a thread though, that is up to you my dear friend.

Take care
-Stock