Creating a serious xbox 1 division

The hierarchy will be like so:

Leader
Co-leaders
Division leaders
Squad leaders
Corprals
Soldiers

The plan will be to gather many members and set them into squads. Squads of 4.
Each squad will have a squad leader, a Corporal and 2 soldiers.

The squad leaders will be in charge of the squad and manage it, the corporal is his second in command

6 squads will make a division, which will be controlled by a division leader. The
division leader will manage all squads and will control all squads and organise things to do with the squads

The plan is to hold down a zone/major traffic area. At least 1+ division will be in control. The GMT
(British time) will hold it from 6pm to 11pm. And then the american divisions will take over and will
hold it from 6pm (BST) to 11pm. This means that we will have complete control for 12 hours straight.
Each individual division will hold it for 1 hour.

When a group passes then they shall have to pay with currency (if there is any) or a weapon each. This will improve your
agent.

Regular parties will be sent out for food/water for buffs.

And occassionally groups will be sent out to a 'black market' so we can trade and earn money (if any currency is in place)

Want to join our division? Then post below with your age, nationality, add your gamertag and when you can come on. Please add your time zone as well (BST, GMT EST etc)

Please check this forum occassionally as well

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Remember that you will fight and always win with (let me do the math) 24+ members at your back.

Your character will grow with the shared loot that will go around, the shared money.

Just for clarification- we will hold a small high traffic area where we will always have something to do

If we get 30 members then ill set up a website and youtube. I am still open to names for the clan, the divisions, and the squads

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 02:17 AM
For further clarification

We will kinda roleplay but kinda not

We will arrange events with other clans

We already have 10 members who will definetly be joining

Division 1 will be called Delta force

Instead of an entire division holding the section at one point, we will now have half which is 3 squads

Players will be put together based on, age, nationality, ability to be on

Players can post on youtube once the site is setup

KiIljoy
08-17-2014, 03:41 AM
Sounds interesting, but wasn't the idea of The Division agents to be the last line of defense when the normal chain of command fails? Would it not be more efficient to assign roles instead? Take, for instance;

A standard fire-team of 4 would have a point man, grenadier, designated marksman and a automated rifleman. A "team leader" would be selected to designate targets and dictate the flow of combat. What if the roles were rotated so each individual agent would be cross trained. That way any "clan" member would be able to fill in the gap in a squad's makeup.

Just an idea, though. =)

Cyrox.
08-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Not wanting to be a buzzkill but if you mean "holding zones" in pve then the max players that can hold is 4+drone and you will hold that zone for that player whose instance you are in. If you mean Dark Zone(you probably meant that) you can't go in with 30 people, 4+1 is there too and if you decide to go in with 6 squads at the same time you probably end up against eachother or on another server to prevent clan domination (holding an area with squads even tho they are enemies to eachother). They have said that it doesn't matter if you are in same clan, when you go in dark zone your friends can be your enemies and you will fight against your own clan members (Those who are not in your squad when you go in).

If i'm wrong about what you mean tell me, i'm really curious what you mean about holding an area :) sounds like a nice plan but i'm didn't understand what you kind of tactic you guys are planning to use.

It was that "Remember that you will fight and always win with (let me do the math) 24+ members at your back. " that got my attention. just giving heads up if you are planning going in as a clan.

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 01:35 PM
1st: Within each squad we will desginate roles such as pointman, sniper etc. But I just shown the leadership hierarchy as I don not know the individual skill of players.

2: By holding and area I mean controlling a high traffic street where plsyers will be forced into moving down that area.

3: When holding an area we will put x amount of squads on one side and x amount on the other. We plan to hold a lane where people are forced into.

We will make sure no one gets past without paying or they face the threat of dying (losing all your stuff)

A division (24 members- 25 including division leader will hold said area for 3 hours each. A rotation will soon be devised.

Altogether I strongly believe that this system will be fun for the players, and they can interact with others. Not to mention the guarenteed loot.

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Note that players off 'duty' can use this as a safe oassage during certain times of the day

KiIljoy
08-17-2014, 02:58 PM
1st: Within each squad we will desginate roles such as pointman, sniper etc. But I just shown the leadership hierarchy as I don not know the individual skill of players.

2: By holding and area I mean controlling a high traffic street where plsyers will be forced into moving down that area.

3: When holding an area we will put x amount of squads on one side and x amount on the other. We plan to hold a lane where people are forced into.

We will make sure no one gets past without paying or they face the threat of dying (losing all your stuff)

A division (24 members- 25 including division leader will hold said area for 3 hours each. A rotation will soon be devised.

Altogether I strongly believe that this system will be fun for the players, and they can interact with others. Not to mention the guarenteed loot.

Sorry, gonna burst your bubble here, mate.

As we've seen in gameplay footage and maps, the only time you would run into and combat other teams is within dark zones. Limiting your "clan" to just dark zones (it sounds like you are attempting to do as such) will be counter-intuitive; for reasons listed below;

It makes sense that only a set amount of teams will enter a dark zone, for server load purposes, and once the limit is reached teams that try to enter that area will just be transferred to another instance of that particular area (on another server). Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqVZbHsWRwE)

Limiting yourself to a single dark zone means you miss out on other areas of the map, and the map is going to be huge. Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVQtNsE519M) Not to mention that given the map size, a high traffic point would, I imagine, have a way around even if it was a dark zone, which it may not.

You would also have to contend with the elements in a dark zone, lets not forget (refer to the recent e3 gameplay footage). Enemy Factions (AI controlled) are also on the prowl. Assuming you would want to camp high level dark zones for the higher level loot, you would be facing higher leveled enemies as well as the "away team" that you intend to extort. (And you're not going to have your 24 members as backup, remember, with the server load in mind)

Assume you camp low level dark zones with high traffic instead, chances that you run into a team with higher level equipment than yours is a likelihood, high traffic after all. In addition, killing low level individuals would just make the word spread, possibly making your team public enemy #1 ?

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Sorry, gonna burst your bubble here, mate.

As we've seen in gameplay footage and maps, the only time you would run into and combat other teams is within dark zones. Limiting your "clan" to just dark zones (it sounds like you are attempting to do as such) will be counter-intuitive; for reasons listed below;

It makes sense that only a set amount of teams will enter a dark zone, for server load purposes, and once the limit is reached teams that try to enter that area will just be transferred to another instance of that particular area (on another server). Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqVZbHsWRwE)

Limiting yourself to a single dark zone means you miss out on other areas of the map, and the map is going to be huge. Source (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVQtNsE519M) Not to mention that given the map size, a high traffic point would, I imagine, have a way around even if it was a dark zone, which it may not.

You would also have to contend with the elements in a dark zone, lets not forget (refer to the recent e3 gameplay footage). Enemy Factions (AI controlled) are also on the prowl. Assuming you would want to camp high level dark zones for the higher level loot, you would be facing higher leveled enemies as well as the "away team" that you intend to extort. (And you're not going to have your 24 members as backup, remember, with the server load in mind)

Assume you camp low level dark zones with high traffic instead, chances that you run into a team with higher level equipment than yours is a likelihood, high traffic after all. In addition, killing low level individuals would just make the word spread, possibly making your team public enemy #1 ?

We will start at a lower level dark zone and work our way up.

We will use half a division instead of one because of your reasons above

Even if they have better equipment, 12 players (13 including div leader) should outgun 4

Cyrox.
08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
i think you need to start using squads only since when you enter dark zone with more than 1 squad, let's say 3=12. It's a high chance that other squads get transferred to other servers or against you. Only your own squad is an ally there :) Reason why your groups will be seperated is that since you are not in same "instance" with eachother to begin with after you leave the Social Hub. In normal areas outside of social hubs you won't see any other squads or players, not even from your own clan.

So i'd say you train your guys to be top notch shooters and try to dominate dark zones that way :)

maybe we will bump into eachother sometime ;)

KiIljoy
08-17-2014, 06:10 PM
...the individual skill of players..
Do not forget you're going up against players with Mouse & Keyboard. Number of fps & 3ps games for PC outnumber those on consoles (and as such the player ratio & skill)

Even if they have better equipment, 12 players (13 including div leader) should outgun 4
You assume the opposition will only be a SINGLE fireteam. If you can do it, so can they.

i think you need to start using squads only since when you enter dark zone with more than 1 squad, let's say 3=12. It's a high chance that other squads get transferred to other servers or against you. Only your own squad is an ally there :) Reason why your groups will be separated is that since you are not in same "instance" with each other to begin with after you leave the Social Hub. In normal areas outside of social hubs you won't see any other squads or players, not even from your own clan.

So i'd say you train your guys to be top notch shooters and try to dominate dark zones that way :)

maybe we will bump into each other sometime ;)
^ Voice of reason.

-edit-

We will start at a lower level dark zone and work our way up.
That would take a bit of time, and by that time smaller, faster teams would have possibly climbed the ladder.

Also, no guarantee that massive won't implement some form of clan-based teambalancing, ie;limiting teams (more than 1) from a clan from being on the same server instance.

SlippedSeven61
08-17-2014, 07:17 PM
I thought that clans would be on the same server? I thought that they would all be able to go into one area.

Cyrox.
08-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Atleast that's how it is now :) Maybe they come up with something in the future where you can have a bigger group rolling at the same time. Long way till release.

KiIljoy
08-17-2014, 10:44 PM
I thought that clans would be on the same server? I thought that they would all be able to go into one area.

Something to ask the AMA, mate. Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/910489-The-Division-AMA-on-Reddit)
I'd honestly like to know too.