PDA

View Full Version : Game Informer: Elise Article **SPOILERS**

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:10 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/15/get-to-know-elise-from-assassins-creed-unity.aspx

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. I have been following quite a few threads on this forums for quite a while now and glad to see a certain level of maturity here, though there is still the occasional haters and trolls.

So here it is. An article on Elise.

She is Arno's childhood sweetheart and a Templar, with revenge being her motivation (as of the moment). Apparently she can handle a sword better than Arno (Arno, better watch out, cause she can probably kick your *** any time).

So what are your thoughts about her? How do you think her story with Arno will end up? Will she die in the end or is it a happy ending?

Share your thoughts below please.

HeedfulMass4856
08-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Amazeballs! Yet another female who's nothing more than a love interest! /sarcasm

Ubisoft is too chicken to introduce a strong, independent female lead in a main game, but it's just "another day, another dollar" to them when it comes to their redundant male protagonists. *smh*

Get out of your comfort zone and stop being pussies, Ubisoft.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Mary Read was a love interest?

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Amazeballs! Yet another female who's nothing more than a love interest! /sarcasm

Ubisoft is too chicken to introduce a strong, independent female lead in a main game, but it's just "another day, another dollar" to them when it comes to their redundant male protagonists. *smh*

Please take your complain directly to Ubisoft. Us guys here on the forums just want to discuss in game related stuff in a peaceful, mature and reasoned manner. Thanks.

poptartz20
08-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Oh! Nice article thank you for posting this! For the longest time I thought it was Arno's father that died, not Elise!

So far I like Elise, also I like the fact that she is "better" with a sword Arno. I can't help but think that one of these characters will have a big change to them before the end of the story. Even though one is convicted in feelings and one is not. I feel either that one will pull the other one in or out. I'm not sure though to hard to tell at these stages.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Elise sounds amazing.

Elise >>>>>>>>> Aveline i bet

@jexx

no she was not. Darb said she wasnt. and im not saying that as a joke this time because he actually wrote ACIV

gotta love how loomer podcasts answer everything <3

@pop

both their fathers die.

Daddy deaths everywhere.

Might as well be an epidemic.

Kaschra
08-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to Elise! I'm more excited about her than Arno.
I just hope she doesn't die. But knowing Ubisoft...

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 11:22 PM

Also Liberation is actually considered a main game according to the official Assassin's Creed site and it's lineup of games. Also Freedom Cry and Pirates.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Childhood sweethearts? How cute

Even though one of them might have to die for their own cause; Arno being the Assassin and Elise being the Templar.

Nice article though.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 11:24 PM
But the question is who would be the cooler templar in retrospect?

Haytham or Elise? :rolleyes:

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Edward

SHADOWGARVIN
Nice article.

Namikaze_17
I'm willing to bet $5 dollars to anybody that Elise dies or end up in a Coma in Unity.

:) :)

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 11:28 PM
@Mayrice.

I'd say Haytham at the moment...

Though Elise could be an Epic female version.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Elise X Haytham.

Elitham? Haylise? HNGHHH

but yeah I could see her dying. But I feel she might become a fan favorite and get some DLC or something.

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:30 PM
I am actually looking forward to an Assassin's Creed for the first time in years because of Ubisoft's focus on Elise's and Arno's story.

What I am hoping for:
-Elise becomes Grandmaster of the Templars and work together with Arno to achieve peace in France, while maintaining a relationship.

What I am dreading:
She dies at the end of the game or she and Arno went their separate ways.

Either way, hopefully the story will turn out to be good.

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:31 PM
@Mayrice Haytham is actually one of the best written character in Assassin's Creed. I don't know yet how Elise will turn out but hopefully she can hold her own against Haytham.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 11:32 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/08/15/get-to-know-elise-from-assassins-creed-unity.aspx

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. I have been following quite a few threads on this forums for quite a while now and glad to see a certain level of maturity here, though there is still the occasional haters and trolls.

So here it is. An article on Elise.

Welcome. I see you've already been introduced to that "certain level of maturity."

Mary Read was a love interest?
She was for me. ;)

Oh! Nice article thank you for posting this! For the longest time I thought it was Arno's father that died, not Elise!

So far I like Elise, also I like the fact that she is "better" with a sword Arno. I can't help but think that one of these characters will have a big change to them before the end of the story. Even though one is convicted in feelings and one is not. I feel either that one will pull the other one in or out. I'm not sure though to hard to tell at these stages.

I think Arno's father died and he was taken in by Elise's father who was later murdered. I expect they will do a good job with her character. Maybe we will play her in the ACU follow on.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 11:35 PM

That all depends on who has the sexier English accent. Have we heard Elise speak?

poptartz20
08-15-2014, 11:36 PM
ahhh... thank you Rice and HB for correcting that for me!

NO. IT'S HAYTHAM. IT'S ALWAYS HAYTHAM. LOL.

Childhood sweethearts? How cute

Even though one of them might have to die for their own cause; Arno being the Assassin and Elise being the Templar.

Nice article though.

I think this is what makes the dynamic a little more interesting, would they really kill each other off? or would Arno just step out of being in the brotherhood. Because in most stories there are is attachment or connection but it's not as strong as childhood sweethearts. The closet thing we got was Connor and Haytham, and considering Connor wanted a relationship or at least in my opinion he did, and Haytham loved his son, but at the same time it's not like they were deeply involved in each others lives. not saying it made it easier or harder. but If I don't know someone that well, I won't feel as much for them vs a lifetime love/friend.

I'm really looking forward to Elise! I'm more excited about her than Arno.
I just hope she doesn't die. But knowing Ubisoft...

urghh... I know. >.> let's make people get attached just to kill them off. #beststoryever

Xstantin
08-15-2014, 11:39 PM
I wonder if she'll be fan favorite. So far, Arno and Elise are shaping up to be awesome. Personal preference, but still. #ArliseArsesequel

Namikaze_17
08-15-2014, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Mayrice;10167635]Elise X Haytham.

Elitham? Haylise? HNGHHH

but yeah I could see her dying. But I feel she might become a fan favorite and get some DLC or something.[/QUOTE

Mayrice, you should know by now it's about that Conlise...

You know because Elise want to try Connor's.......

"Grapefruits".

trainkun0908
08-15-2014, 11:43 PM
@HD, you know what I mean (and I have certainly tested this forum once). Heh, I don't think we have heard Elise's voice yet, though I think we know her voice actress (refer to the Assassin's Creed Youtube channel, a video entitled something like A New Gameplay trailer or similar).

@Mayrice, you and your love for Haytham. :)

@poptarz, yeah that is what drew me into this game, because I see potential in finally an Assassin's Creed story done right. I always had gripes about the stories of previous AC as I felt that some of them could have been done better (AC2 and 3 was fantastic while 4 was ok for me).

Dome500
08-16-2014, 12:52 AM

Here is my answer:

“We felt that with this generation it was a good opportunity to crank it up a notch and have a story that’s a bit more serious and more mature. Love stories are always a hard thing in video games because ultimately they can very easily become a tangent. By making Elise a Templar and making that part of the core, it’s part of the actual struggle of the character. It prevents it from becoming a B-plot or a tangent.”

Al-Haytham
08-16-2014, 02:33 AM
To my shame I must confess, the only thing for me that matters is that she is hot and intelligent. :(

Now tell me: Is this graceless & tactless?

Shahkulu101
08-16-2014, 02:39 AM
It's good to like a girl for being intelligent, but to say you are interested because she's attractive is a bit shallow of you.

And every other straight male on these forums

jeordievera
08-16-2014, 08:29 AM
I really hope that they wrote the love story well and it won't become a Rome-Juliett kind of thing. It's shaping well so far, also if they know each other since they were kids it will get even more f**-uped if one of them has to kill the other.

It's good to like a girl for being intelligent, but to say you are interested because she's attractive is a bit shallow of you.
Well I am a girl and don't want the main protag to have dumb and ugly gf :p

CSKarasu
08-16-2014, 08:59 AM
AC isn't really a happily ever after series; I fully expect Elise to die, either by Arno or by a character from the new Templar order.

"dangers of vengeance and where that can lead you to"

I imagine this means Elise develops into a cold blooded killer out for revenge at any cost, maybe even civilian deaths. If this is the case, then she's definitely set up for a fall.

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 11:06 AM

I could not possibly be more weary of this.

Please take your complain directly to Ubisoft. Us guys here on the forums just want to discuss in game related stuff in a peaceful, mature and reasoned manner. Thanks.

Ermagerd, I love you, please stay forever, don't ever leave me.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2014, 12:24 PM
So, Elise is pretty much 100% confirmed to be getting a Freedom Cry-esque spinoff, right?

jeordievera
08-16-2014, 01:52 PM
So, Elise is pretty much 100% confirmed to be getting a Freedom Cry-esque spinoff, right?

Where did you get that from? :rolleyes:

trainkun0908
08-16-2014, 02:16 PM
OO thanks for putting up the spoilers tag, mods. I forgot about that.

dxsxhxcx
08-16-2014, 02:52 PM
We already got an Assassin who ended up married with a Templar so IMO Elise will probably die or both will follow their path on their respective orders...

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Elise is getting her own book.
Haytham got his own book.

Haytham has no DLC.. but he was playable in AC3..

so.. maybe?

trainkun0908
08-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Hmm, maybe. Let's hope we will be able to play her then. ;) maybe during the napoleonic wars?

JustPlainQuirky
08-16-2014, 07:24 PM
#MakeElisePlayable

ze_topazio
08-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Their son/daughter kills Napoleon.

zkorejo
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Arno and Elise will be separated due to their duties and beliefs. Both of them will try to talk some sense into their brotherhoods to make peace but ofcourse they wont.

There will be a point in the game where Arno and Elise will have to go one on one. Arno beats her and she dies in the process (somehow). A last speech from a dying Elise about how things would have been different if their people were not that stupid and stubborn over their beliefs etc etc and how Unity makes us stronger as humans.

Arno's story ends there (and a location for some special POE too).. then we get out of the animus and whatever is the current present day storyline is, they (assassins) realize they need to unite with Templars in order to defeat the greater evil (Juno).

Next years game focuses on how Templars respond to Assassins proposal for truce.

Oh i forgot to add. Once the game ends there will be a 1 full hour of unskippable credits.

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't want Elise to die. I want Arno to convert to the Templars & be with her. I am bias though because I like the Templars more than the Assassins.

And I think Elise will be the female version of Haytham in terms of her methods & beliefs (which is a good thing). Haytham is awesome & I need a female Templar I can get behind.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-17-2014, 06:11 AM
They have gone on record saying they have wanted to do a love story for a long time. To end it in a duel or death would be too easy. I am sure they have something planned for greatness and I hope it leads into some type of ending, making us wanting more of the two. Unity feels like it's a step to the next saga of AC. Even if all don't deal with Arno and Elise each game.

Layytez
08-17-2014, 06:14 AM
They will unite.... :P.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Hanging on to the belief that their love isn't just for the sake of having it in an AC game finally.

projectpat06
08-17-2014, 10:18 AM
I really hope we get DLC where we play as Elise.