PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question, but...

Harlock999
08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
...I would like some peace of mind. Ha.

Anyway, earlier this week, I purchased Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV - both new from Amazon.com. And this morning, I booted 'em both up to get all of the UPlay and update download stuff out of the way. (I probably won't have the time to actually start playing either one of them until sometime next week.)

And, well, Assassin's Creed III took my UPlay code. No problem.

But Assassin's Creed IV just immediately told me it detected my UPlay Passport. And it never game me a chance to enter the code that was included with the game. (I did, however, have to download two compatibility packs for the multiplayer.)

So is this normal?

I mean, do you only need to own one of these games, enter a singular UPlay code, and it will work with all of the others?

I'd just hate to miss out on some of the Assassin's Creed IV content. But, again, the game IS telling me it's detected UPlay Passport.

Thanks in advance for the help!

wvstolzing
08-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Which system is it? That's what AC4 did on my PS4, if I'm remembering correctly. I had previously linked my uplay and PSN accounts----though I'm not sure whether that's relevant.

Do you see both AC3 and AC4 on your uplay account? If so, all should be fine, I think.

Harlock999
08-14-2014, 06:18 PM
XBOX 360. My account is also linked to UPlay.

And, yes, I do see both of them there (along with Driver: San Francisco).

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Didn't they dump the Uplay passport thing back in November after ACIV's release? So that you don't need to enter the Uplay passport code anymore and automatically have access to online features? I'm pretty sure it was something like that... so everything should be alright Harlock.

edit: Just checked it, and Ubisoft definitely cancelled the whole passport thing.