PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity & Rogue IGN Gameplay Demos!!

SHADOWGARVIN
08-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ellbgBG9m5k

Rogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWivGrCKo4Y

frodrigues55
08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you.

They are identical to the other ones released previously, but that information at the end of the Rogue video was interesting, River Valley's land area is almost as big as all of Black Flag's lands combined. Hmm.

It's seems Haytham their hoe, lol. "Look, it's Haytham, buy it!".

Also, it seems that Rogue is going through all sorts of FPS problems. It's weird that UBI decided to release those demos with such apparent lags. And it's even weirder that no one seems to be talking about it, lol...

JustPlainQuirky
08-14-2014, 05:31 PM
"Look, it's Haytham, buy it!"

I mean do they really need any other reason? :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Finally the commentated full demo is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF9bO-tPxKE

Seems like its one of Arno's first missions!

wvstolzing
08-14-2014, 05:36 PM
ACRo really, really looks like the ACB to AC4.

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Arno's robes are shorter :(
Hopefully customisation will let me adjust that. :)

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Finally the commentated full demo is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF9bO-tPxKE

Seems like its one of Arno's first missions!
Yeah, Sequence 3 Memory 2. Should still be pretty much the beginning of his story.

I hope that's the final look of the HUD and mini map, because I love it! The whole UI concept looks so improved in Unity. Man, this game could be a new milestone for the franchise...

edit: I didn't notice that yesterday, but they actually mention Altair!!!11!!1! 8-)

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Really? I thought the HUD looked very cluttered, like having Arno's name above the health bar, and the massive red dot above your target. AC3 had the best HUD by FAR.

Layytez
08-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Arno's robes are shorter :(
Hopefully customisation will let me adjust that. :)
Oh yes.
http://i.imgur.com/cQG5yAS.jpg

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh yes.
http://i.imgur.com/cQG5yAS.jpg

:rolleyes:

wvstolzing
08-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Really? I thought the HUD looked very cluttered, like having Arno's name above the health bar, and the massive red dot above your target.

Same here.

Though one gets used to such things through actual use.

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Is it me or does the HUD look a bit pixelated? Like the font of the writing that says "Assassinate" and the icons on the map look a bit unpolished?

Loving the game so far! Arno seems pretty cool from the first 30 seconds.

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 05:48 PM
edit: I didn't notice that yesterday, but they actually mention Altair!!!11!!1! 8-)

Where?!!? I missed that lol

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
And another thing that's REALLY positive imo is the new concept of optional objectives. It seems that Ubi really found a way for players to create their own approach and style on completing missions - I didn't believe they could do it, but it looks like they proved me wrong...

@m4r-k7: Right in the beginning when Arno talks to the other guy (the Mentor?).

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah it seems like optional objectives aren't "kill the target with a sword" or some crap like that. The optional objectives are literally helping you out telling you the different ways you can do the mission.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Some of the objects like the marble walls inside the church are really low poly and quite fuzzy texture wise.

Also did anyone else notice how absolutely abysmal the haystacks looked? Lol. All of the foliage for that matter.

I mean, I suppose it makes sense. AC3/4 had a lot of time invested into foliage since they were set in more naturey places, and this one is more urban...but damn it looks last gen.

This is the first fully next gen ubisoft game. I am holding out hope that this means a new era of PC optimization.

Because PC version no longer has to be comparable to the last gen version. They wanted all gamers to not feel cheated for various games like watch dgs and AC4.

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Another thing I noticed: Arno has one hidden blade right? After he leaves the haystack inside Notre Dame to kill two guards, you can definitely hear the sound of the hidden blade twice, or is it just a dagger in his right hand? It's around 8:20-8:30 in the video.

And... look at that cute little kitty when he leaves the haystack. Soooo cute... and deadly for the guard to pet it. :o

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:01 PM
^ I thought for the guy on the right Arno twisted his neck really quickly whilst he used his hidden blade on the left guy

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Hmm... strange neck this guy has then. :p But I think you're right.

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Arno is confirmed to have a single hidden blade.

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Amancio said in one of his interviews that Arno gets creative with his double assassinations because he only has one hidden blade :D

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Anyone else concerned about the fact that the optional approaches are marked on the map with an Exclamation Mark? Wouldn't they be guiding you towards them that way?

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:13 PM
He said there are 10 different ways of doing the mission. I guess it would be difficult to know where all of them are.

dimbismp
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM
He said there are 10 different ways of doing the mission. I guess it would be difficult to know where all of them are.
I think that he actually said that there are 10 different entrances to the Notre Dame.But of cource i think that there are many different ways to complete blackbox missions

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 06:16 PM

Probably not much of a problem, but if I wanted to go with approach C, then the exclamation Marks would be disorienting me, if they are all associated with approach A...

SHADOWGARVIN
08-14-2014, 06:17 PM
The full demo looked great! I'm glad they changed the way the optional objective works.

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm still fussy about Arno's robes being shorter... :(

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Probably not much of a problem, but if I wanted to go with approach C, then the exclamation Marks would be disorienting me, if they are all associated with approach A...

Wait you mean the optional objectives that are shown on the left of the screen? Perhaps they show you the easiest one? Or once you start 1 of the 10 ways to complete the mission, the optional objectives come up which give a list of what you have to do to complete it?

RenoRex1995
08-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Everything is soooooo perfect

except the glitching npcs
not a big deal though

aL_____eX
08-14-2014, 06:21 PM
From what I understand, those objectives are real time changing depending on the approach you are taking at this moment. If you decide to use another entrance (Approach B) for example, the objectives will change.

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
@m4 & Daniela
If that's the case, then that's amazing.

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Did anyone notice that they were playing the soundtrack in the background really subtly. If they do that whilst free roaming it will be awesome.

Also is it me or does he actually have a proper beak now. I swear in the E3 demo he had a beak that was impossibly hard to see? xD

RenoRex1995
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM
I like the way that it's designed to play with HUD off:rolleyes:

mhg87
08-14-2014, 06:56 PM
So thats what it looks like when an ******* gets fisted.

Dome500
08-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Anyone else concerned about the fact that the optional approaches are marked on the map with an Exclamation Mark? Wouldn't they be guiding you towards them that way?

Look at the first video of the thread and compare it with the full Unity video.
I am very confident we will be able to diasable certain HUD elements, which I find very intriguing to be honest.
I also believe the HUD is too cluttered. IMO the Button-layout is not a must, the map should be smaller or not there at all, I don't mind that, my health bar is also something I do not need to see unless I'm in combat.
I hope we can modify most of this and enable/disable certain HUD elements.

Anyway, I love their appraoch of freedom in missions. I think what those developers are doing now (Sniper Elite 3, Metal Gear Solid V, Assassins Creed Unity) is the future. This is the way games are supposed to be as an interactive medium. We need games that give the player the choice to be creative instead of following linear paths and pre-defined routes.

I play a non-linear games 10 times more often than a linear one, no matter how good the story of the linear one is.
And that is I think a real evolution for the entire industry. More and more games feature choice of approach and that is the way it should be.
This generation will be awesome guys, because this time it's all about gameplay. Screw graphics, I just want to play.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Some people on Neogaf are complaining about a "downgrade" already. They claim that the character models are worse, there is a lack of GI in the newest gameplay, as well as some shadows looking baked, and not realtime.

Any graphx techies wanna elaborate their opinion's or your's?

I-Like-Pie45
08-14-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't understand grafix hores.

Locopells
08-14-2014, 07:41 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/909759-Assassin-s-Creed-Rogue-Gameplay-Walkthroughs

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/909785-Assassin’s-Creed-Unity-GamesCom-2014-Commented-Solo-Demo