PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of Ugly Blue Blending Circle!

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 02:04 AM
I suppose we should have a true poll in order to make our point more obvious to the dev team.

While I am here, I also suggest that they get rid of the blending effect as well. When I am in a crowd I can see that I am in a crowd. If the detection compass around me tells me I am being detected, then I will know I am being detected.

EDIT:.........The poll automatically changed my second option to..that...It should have been a simple "no"

JustPlainQuirky
08-14-2014, 02:07 AM
#RemoveTheCircle

I-Like-Pie45
08-14-2014, 02:08 AM
kickstarter than *****

Wolfmeister1010
^forgot to sign the poll

Assassin_M
The slight hue and smoke were fine to be honest...This change was most likely because of testing reports. I would REALLY like to know where they get the testers. First with AC IV's keeping crouched after leaving stalking zone and now this.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 02:10 AM
The slight hue and smoke were fine to be honest...This change was most likely because of testing reports. I would REALLY like to know where they get the testers. First with AC IV's keeping crouched after leaving stalking zone and now this.

Nothing can come close to The Dishonored situation. They dumbed down the game. Originally there were like 3 times as many paths and options..but play testers were confused in Alpha Lady Boyle mission...they would decide to not go upstairs simply because the guards said "you can't go upstairs".

Shahkulu101
08-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Yeah the play testers don't seem to be the brightest bunch based on hat the devs told us! :p

And yes, the circle is unpleasant. Get rid of it please.

I-Like-Pie45
08-14-2014, 02:15 AM
^forgot to sign the poll

Sure thing!

JustPlainQuirky
08-14-2014, 02:15 AM
5 Star'd the thread.

Now's your chance Ubi! Prove you listen to the forumers! *shakes cane*

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-14-2014, 02:18 AM
Voted yes. No immersion breaking plz ^_^

AdamPearce
08-14-2014, 02:23 AM
I seriously can't believe anyone in the development team hasn't introduce this issue. And really if it's because of a testing report than I propose they get rid of these unskilled handheld players. And it's really a shame considering they claim to come back to the originis of the franchise, which was truly seamless and immersive.

Assassin_M
08-14-2014, 02:25 AM
I seriously can't believe anyone in the development team hasn't introduce this issue.
now now, lets all be professional here so that we may be listened to.

EDIT: thank you

AdamPearce
08-14-2014, 02:27 AM
now now, no need for insults. lets all be professional here so that we may be listened to.

fixed it.

Matknapers18
08-14-2014, 02:27 AM
The people of the forums unite as one to fight the tyranny of the evil blue circle.

Viva la revolution.

ACfan443
08-14-2014, 02:31 AM
While they're at it, they should completely redesign the HUD. It's the most ugly f***ing thing I've seen.

EDIT: also, maybe you should link the demo video for context? Not everyone's seen it.

HypeR.tgL
08-14-2014, 02:33 AM
You guys are forgetting the fact that there's a stat for the blending radius. This circle is a visual representation of this. For new players to the franchise, blending may be a completely new mechanic to them.

I think the circle is a great way of showing the blending range, how else would you show this to the player?

I'm sure they'll offer an option in game to disable it, this is their first next gen AC, I don't think they want to disappoint players.

Assassin_M
08-14-2014, 02:37 AM
You guys are forgetting the fact that there's a stat for the blending radius. This circle is a visual representation of this. For new players to the franchise, blending may be a completely new mechanic to them.

I think the circle is a great way of showing the blending range, how else would you show this to the player?

I'm sure they'll offer an option in game to disable it, this is their first next gen AC, I don't think they want to disappoint players.
If it's removable, then great but their history shows otherwise, they never gave us the option to remove blending HUD. The hue and slight smoke is really enough as a blending radius, don't you think?

HypeR.tgL
08-14-2014, 02:40 AM
But its the blending radius. How close you need to be in order to blend. How would the mist show that?

AdamPearce
08-14-2014, 02:41 AM

I'm sure they'll offer an option in game to disable it, this is their first next gen AC, I don't think they won't to disappoint players.

How does this can even make sense ? You are either blent, or you aren't, period. Someone who just stands at 5 meters of a crowd is not blend, he's exposed, and no circle in the world will ever change that fact.

HypeR.tgL
08-14-2014, 02:48 AM
How does this can even make sense ? You are either blent, or you aren't, period. Someone who just stands at 5 meters of a crowd is not blend, he's exposed, and no circle in the world will ever change that fact.

Makes sense to me. It's more user friendly imo.

My apologies that you don't understand.

TheIronLotus420
08-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Put in the option to remove it, that way you please everyone.

I can see maybe if they included this feature due to all of the new stats in this game. The circle might be larger or smaller depending on the stats of the gear you are wearing, for example.

Edit: What hyperdrive said, exactly.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2014, 02:58 AM
It does look ugly!

However these poor developers are already busy with the launching of both Rogue and Unity, their respectives DLC´s and 2015 games. We will have to live with it.....

AdamPearce
08-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Makes sense to me. It's more user friendly imo.

My apologies that you don't understand.

I do understand the concept. I just think it's not relevant. I get this is a game above all, but to me AC games must be as immersive as possible, and their beauty is to be able to have a good gameplay without breaking the immersion. And there are other way, like a simple camera zoom to tell when you're blent, or just just like M said, hue and smoke sight.

phoenix-force411
08-14-2014, 05:00 AM
For the love of god, please get rid of it! The black and white effect was already annoying enough!

Put in the option to remove it, that way you please everyone.

I can see maybe if they included this feature due to all of the new stats in this game. The circle might be larger or smaller depending on the stats of the gear you are wearing, for example.

Edit: What hyperdrive said, exactly.
LOL! That's not gonna happen. If Ubi has yet to let us unequip any gear after 4 games(not including 1, 2, or Rogue)they're certainly not going to for this.

Sushiglutton
08-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Awesome thread, thanks Wolfie :)! The circle need to get guillotined asap!

I hope they let us customize all visual cues in the game and not just the traditional HUD!

HiddenKiller612
08-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Maybe it shrinks depending on the equipment you use... If you use the ultra omega awesomesauce assassin equipment, you probably won't even notice it and be able to blend immediately

rprkjj
08-14-2014, 06:21 AM
There's 0 reason to go back to the 'fill the corners' HUB mentality pre-AC3. I said AC4's HUD looked bad, and then I was greeted with people saying because it's Abstergo. Sorry, but I could care less, AC3's HUD was perfect. No reason you couldn't just give it a new paint job.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 06:22 AM
Awesome thread, thanks Wolfie :)! The circle need to get guillotined asap!

I hope they let us customize all visual cues in the game and not just the traditional HUD!
Yeah well I take tips, so you know

Sesheenku
08-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I really don't care, like not even one inkling, never did. Never will unless the grim reaper comes from hell to cloak you while you blend.

That said remove it, I couldn't care less whether it stays or not but everyone else does.

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 06:53 AM
i really don't care, like not even one inkling, never did. never will unless the grim reaper comes from hell to cloak you while you blend.

that said remove it, i couldn't care less whether it stays or not but everyone else does.

make it happen ubisoft

Sesheenku
08-14-2014, 06:59 AM
make it happen ubisoft

Admittedly the immersion break would be worth it for the pure awesomeness.

Sigv4rd
08-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Perhaps Arno just smells really bad... The blue circle represents how far away guards can smell him...

NEXT GEN STARTS HERE!

HDinHB
08-14-2014, 07:37 AM
While they're at it, they should completely redesign the HUD. It's the most ugly f***ing thing I've seen.

EDIT: also, maybe you should link the demo video for context? Not everyone's seen it.

Good idea (I hadn't, and it took some hunting to find out what all the fuss was about).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIgPVFsHQTY @ 2:05+

I vote "meh." I don't hate it viscerally like most people here do, but i'm not sure what it's trying to show. Is he blent [my new fave word] or not blent when the circle appears? I don't think it's much more "immersion breaking" than that little white circle and lines over Connor's head If it replaces the "black & white" effect, I might prefer it. Sometimes an Assassin just wants to relax on a bench and watch the world go by in living color.

On the other hand, I don't love it...what does it add? As AdamPearce says, you're either blent or you ain't. Not sure a circle of trust is necessary.

Most likely, after playing for a while, our brains will filter it out and we won't really notice the big blue circle. I reviewed a few blent videos just now, and I had forgotten the blend effect in AC2 looks fairly obnoxious. Maybe AC3 was the best so far, even with the little white circle and lines.

HDinHB
08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Perhaps Arno just smells really bad... The blue circle represents how far away guards can smell him...

NEXT GEN STARTS HERE!

Well, he is French...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ysv3Ov_FpPA/Ukm1EjVXsVI/AAAAAAAABQs/Gog_ub_DQac/s1600/PepeLePewWeb.JPG

poptartz20
08-14-2014, 07:58 AM
I have yet to see this... which video is this in? or what did I miss in general?

Aphex_Tim
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Did I miss something here? What blue circle?

HDinHB
08-14-2014, 08:02 AM
I have yet to see this... which video is this in? or what did I miss in general?

hey poptartz, link 2 posts up

& Tim

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/909865-Get-Rid-of-Ugly-Blue-Blending-Circle!?p=10164036&viewfull=1#post10164036

poptartz20
08-14-2014, 08:09 AM
@HD Thank you! :)

wow.. that was really big and unneeded. I really like how it was handled in AC3/4 I see what they were going for, but I just don't like the overall execution. :\

TheBearJew32
08-14-2014, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=HDinHB;10164036]Good idea (I hadn't, and it took some hunting to find out what all the fuss was about).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIgPVFsHQTY @ 2:05+

^HD posted it, i didn't know what everyone was on about with either, but good god is it ugly. It's like when using the morph ability in multiplayer to morph the crowd to your persona and it shows that blue radious of who's being morphed, only in Unity's case its constantly there when you're blending...

Great thread idea Wolf, hopefully it brings attention. I honestly think they could at least implement a patch post launch that gives us the ability to turn if off if worst comes to worst

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Voted yes, but really I don't think it's as viciously awful as everyone else seems to think. It's a lot better than AC2/B/R's greyed-out Animus look, and after a while I got used to that too.

Aphex_Tim
08-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Seeing that demo, the circle is not pretty but it's not nearly as distracting as I though it would be, reading all the comments here. It mostly just disappears under the crowd's feet.

The only thing I have to say about this demo is that the game looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I mean, look at that! It's gorgeous! And people still cry downgrade?
Honestly, it really got me excited for the game.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Seeing that demo, the circle is not pretty but it's not nearly as distracting as I though it would be, reading all the comments here. It mostly just disappears under the crowd's feet.

The only thing I have to say about this demo is that the game looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I mean, look at that! It's gorgeous! And people still cry downgrade?

People will always cry downgrade ever since Watch Dogs. It doesn't matter if Ubisoft releases a game that's literally photorealistic, people will still whine that it was downgraded.

SHADOWGARVIN
08-14-2014, 12:40 PM

I know. It doesn't look downgraded at all.

Braders06
08-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm not a massive fan of the circle thing either, but I would like to know more about what it actually represents. If it is something that isn't really necessary to gameplay (such as telling you when you are blended) then I really think they should give the option to get rid of it, and have the player rely on either a sound cue (like the 'shoom' noise that plays when entering or leaving a crowd in past games) or by a change in body language of Arno (similar to Altair with him bowing his head and going into 'prayer' mode) instead of the colour palette of everyone being washed out and a great big circle following you around.

If it is something that is more necessary for gameplay, such as 'guards will begin to identify you in this radius' how about having it only be visible in eagle vision as a faint white circle outline when enemies are starting to get uncomfortably close to your 'perimeter'. That way, when playing the game normally you don't get a glaring big circle around you, but when going into a 'sensory mode' (which would tie in with sensing when guards are detecting you) it is a bit less jarring, as you already have other immersion breaking factors, such as enemies glowing red and targets glowing yellow, being able to see targets through walls, etc.

I know the game might be already too far in the development process to implement such changes, but hopefully a patch could be sent out later on. Any way that's my two cents on the matter.

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I cannot believe the things I have been reading 4 pages straight? People, are you serious????

Blending Radius is going to be an actual stat in Unity. The circle will grow or shrink based on your gear and equipement. The blue circle is the best visual representation for what they are trying to achieve... Oh my God, how can you even compare it to the black&white effect of the previous games. It's a totally different mechanic...

27 people voted for "Yes"? Omg...

http://metaversemodsquad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/picard-facepalm2.jpg

SixKeys
08-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, yes and YES. The circle is awful. The E3 demo blending was absolutely perfect. Please bring it back.

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Yes, yes and YES. The circle is awful. The E3 demo blending was absolutely perfect. Please bring it back.

And if they do bring it back, how will you know the detection radius of your character, which, I repeat, varies depending on your gear and skills?

SixKeys
08-14-2014, 01:17 PM
And if they do bring it back, how will you know the detection radius of your character, which, I repeat, varies depending on your gear and skills?

If you look at the footage and screenshots we currently have, everyone Arno is blending with has a feint blue shimmer around them. That's enough to indicate blending. All they need to do is expand that blue shimmer according to the proper radius.

AherasSTRG
08-14-2014, 01:23 PM
If you look at the footage and screenshots we currently have, everyone Arno is blending with has a feint blue shimmer around them. That's enough to indicate blending. All they need to do is expand that blue shimmer according to the proper radius.

No, the shimmer effect needs to stay as it is, so that the player knows the crowd mass in which he is blended. The same mechanic is used in Hitman Absolution.

But, even if they did use the shimmer effect to indicate the blending radius, then you would still need a mechanic to indicate the civilian mass in which the player is hidden.

And it IS important to know the exact limits of your blending area, since things like, Blend Fade Time and Blend Time are also other modifiers for the gameplay.

Provided that the shimmer effect indicates the civilian mass, then the circle is the only logical and natural way to show the blend's radius.

GunnerGalactico
08-14-2014, 01:32 PM
I agree with most of the people here. That circle's got to go. It just looks too untidy during gameplay. In AC1, we didn't need a circle to indicate that Altair was blending in with the scholars. It just looked natural. The HUD should indicate that a character has blended in or is incognito.

FlamingMoh
08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
The blue blending circle indicates the exact limits of your blending, so I don't think they should get rid of it.

SlyTrooper
08-14-2014, 04:23 PM
If they don't get rid of it, they at least need to make it fainter.

Dome500
08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
The smoke was awesome, the circle is too much.
Get rid of it or build in an option to turn it off in the settings.

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I'd just like to ask, does anyone think we'll have ambient music in the game?

rrebe
08-14-2014, 06:51 PM
don't know but sure hope so.

If they don't get rid of it, they at least need to make it fainter.

I'm ok with the circle there, but a bit fainter would be better

m4r-k7
08-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I hate all the colours. Why do we have to be coloured and why do enemies highlight colours? I know it tells us stuff but it just ruins the immersion. For blending it should be like AC 3 where its on top of our heads.

jayjay275
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
I hate all the colours. Why do we have to be coloured and why do enemies highlight colours? I know it tells us stuff but it just ruins the immersion. For blending it should be like AC 3 where its on top of our heads.
I agree.

wvstolzing
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
It'll end up being a blue mist....

projectpat06
08-14-2014, 07:59 PM
I too like the very subtle white dots from AC3. In fact, I think AC3 had the best blending mechanics out of any game.

ACfan443
08-14-2014, 08:08 PM
I'd just like to ask, does anyone think we'll have ambient music in the game?

It would be an unforgivable sin if Paris had no background music. Don't make the same mistake twice, Ubi.

Fatal-Feit
08-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Remove it and replace it with AC:3's blending circles instead. <--- Still the most subtle and best looking of them all.

GunnerGalactico
08-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Remove it and replace it with AC:3's blending circles instead. <--- Still the most subtle and best looking of them all.

I agree

SixKeys
08-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Nah, AC3's antennae were just as bad as Unity's circle.

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 11:16 PM
I loved AC3's spider-webbing, I thought it looked so cool. Too bad the crowds weren't crowded enough to actually blend all that well.

pacmanate
08-14-2014, 11:20 PM
On the subject of game testers and feedback... Let me do it!

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Nah, AC3's antennae were just as bad as Unity's circle.

Which AC game had your favorite blending in it? :p

Wolfmeister1010
08-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Dammit I hate everything about it. The annoying circle and also the blue outline in washes over the civilians. As long as I can see I am blended...THAT SHOULD BE FINE.

I am gonna link this thread to AC twitter. The community has spoken

I-Like-Pie45
08-14-2014, 11:55 PM
They'll just tell you that you're a vocal minority.

SixKeys
08-15-2014, 01:15 AM
which ac game had your favorite blending in it? :p

ac1.

m4r-k7
08-15-2014, 01:18 AM
^ AC 1 had many many great systems that they should re-implement. Glad Unity is trying to be inspired by it in terms of open ended assassinations, a more "assassin simulator" and they are re-introducing light and heavy attacks.

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 03:01 AM
The only thing they can do is faint it a bit. Otherwise, the circle is necessary, as I explained a few pages back. Unless, it's not yet understandable how big a change Unity is going to be...

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 03:14 AM
I don't think the circle is necessary, as I don't need to have a circle to tell when I am currently blending, I don't really understand the purpose of it at all, why does it matter how large the circle is? All the people are there anyway.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 03:17 AM
I cannot believe the things I have been reading 4 pages straight? People, are you serious????

Blending Radius is going to be an actual stat in Unity. The circle will grow or shrink based on your gear and equipement. The blue circle is the best visual representation for what they are trying to achieve... Oh my God, how can you even compare it to the black&white effect of the previous games. It's a totally different mechanic...

27 people voted for "Yes"? Omg...

http://metaversemodsquad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/picard-facepalm2.jpg

I just don't understand what purpose "blending radius" serves? Like, how exactly does it help at all? The only stats that really make sense are how long it takes to blend, or if blending didn't render you completely invisible to guards but rather just slowed down their detection meter (arguably, that's what blending should do anyway).

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 03:25 AM
I just don't understand what purpose "blending radius" serves? Like, how exactly does it help at all? The only stats that really make sense are how long it takes to blend, or if blending didn't render you completely invisible to guards but rather just slowed down their detection meter (arguably, that's what blending should do anyway).

I think I have seen guards entering the crowd and searching for Arno at one of the demoes, but I do not remember so well. Anyway, I believe we can assume, that, if you disappear into the crowd during a chase, the guards will also enter the crowd looking for you (as part of the shadow mechanic).

So, as guards look for you in the crowd, the circle will indicate how close to Arno they need to be in order to detect him. And that radius is going to be adjusted by a specific stat. So, you need the circle, so that you know the above information. Eariler you suggested that this could be done by a faint colouring of the crowd around you, but this same mechanic is used to indicate the civilian mass in which you are blended <== another important piece of information that the player needs to know.

Don't take me wrong, I also believe that the circle is ugly and immersion-breaking. And I believe that Ubi developers know that too. But, I cannot but think it is necessary to let the player know what he needs to know.

GreySkellig
08-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Well...Aheradrim has made a great point in clearing this up. /thread? I'm certainly convinced.

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 03:33 AM
Well...Aheradrim has made a great point in clearing this up. /thread? I'm certainly convinced.

I am happy someone can understand my point. But this does not warrant its own thread. My argument is well illustrated in the 4 (or 3, I don't remember) posts I made in this thread.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 03:35 AM

I guess it's the distance you can be from guards without them detecting you. Like, if they get within the circle, their detection meter will begin to fill up (the speed at which it fills will likely depend on a different stat). The circle will grow larger the crappier your detection radius stat is. It's actually a cool mechanic IMO, but I don't think the bright blue circle is necessary. TBH I don't think we need any visual feedback for it at all, after a while of tinkering with the stats we'll just get a feel for it. Though some players might not have the patience for it, and want it spelled out for them onscreen. Best solution would just be to add a toggle for it.

GreySkellig
08-15-2014, 03:41 AM
I am happy someone can understand my point. But this does not warrant its own thread. My argument is well illustrated in the 4 (or 3, I don't remember) posts I made in this thread.

I intended that as "end thread".

Now I'm just hoping Ubi doesn't act on all this misplaced angst and ditch such a cool mechanic.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 03:55 AM
I guess it's the distance you can be from guards without them detecting you. Like, if they get within the circle, their detection meter will begin to fill up (the speed at which it fills will likely depend on a different stat). The circle will grow larger the crappier your detection radius stat is. It's actually a cool mechanic IMO, but I don't think the bright blue circle is necessary. TBH I don't think we need any visual feedback for it at all, after a while of tinkering with the stats we'll just get a feel for it. Though some players might not have the patience for it, and want it spelled out for them onscreen. Best solution would just be to add a toggle for it.

This.

The circle thing is a new type of upgradable stat they're experimenting with, I suppose. The idea is pretty cool, but I still prefer a more subtle highlight like in AC:3. They can do much better than that blue circle, IMO.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 04:05 AM
just make the guards have a yellow highlight when they start to get too close to you or something. They already are highlighting the guards different colors.

aznassassin159
08-15-2014, 04:14 AM
I didn't need a detection circle so show me how far enemies can be when playing other stealth games like Thief, Dishonored, Deus Ex, or Splinter Cell. I don't need such a circle in ACU either.

Arno's transparent figure is perfectly adequate for letting me know I'm blended.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Imagine if they really took it off. A couple months from now, some random avid Youtuber will watch that video and then come complain about how they downgraded Unity because of no blue circle.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Imagine if they really took it off. A couple months from now, some random avid Youtuber will watch that video and then come complain about how they downgraded Unity because of no blue circle.

Lol, this is true. Any minor change Ubi makes will get called "ADFSWFFFFFQWEQEF DOWNGRADE!!!!!"

NondairyGold
08-15-2014, 09:41 AM
I intended that as "end thread".

Now I'm just hoping Ubi doesn't act on all this misplaced angst and ditch such a cool mechanic.

Couldn't agree more. That said, Ubisoft ain't going to jump the gun by listening to a vocal minority. So far there's only 51 votes on this game mechanic and no one knows how it works yet!

king-hailz
08-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't think it is a bedding thing... I thought it was the detection circle..

MickyDaLips
08-15-2014, 10:24 AM
I didn't need a detection circle so show me how far enemies can be when playing other stealth games like Thief, Dishonored, Deus Ex, or Splinter Cell. I don't need such a circle in ACU either.

This this this.

I want to pick up my guitar and write a song where the only lyric is 'this'. And dance around the house singing it. And hum it in the shower. And join a church just so I can teach it to the choir. And enter X factor with it. And win it. And when on prime time TV I'm asked what the song is about I'll show them this post.

king-hailz
08-15-2014, 10:29 AM
This this this.

I want to pick up my guitar and write a song where the only lyric is 'this'. And dance around the house singing it. And hum it in the shower. And join a church just so I can teach it to the choir. And enter X factor with it. And win it. And when on prime time TV I'm asked what the song is about I'll show them this post.

Lol the craziness!!!

Sesheenku
08-15-2014, 10:39 AM
IMO this is the least important thing we've ever discussed on this forum lol.

Not trying to auto-disregard peoples issues but uh... given Ubi's track record perhaps our energy is better spent worrying about infinitely more important mechanics.

I want it to be perfect too but I want to focus on the mechanical perfection before the realism perfection.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
IMO this is the least important thing we've ever discussed on this forum lol.

Not trying to auto-disregard peoples issues but uh... given Ubi's track record perhaps our energy is better spent worrying about infinitely more important mechanics.

I want it to be perfect too but I want to focus on the mechanical perfection before the realism perfection.

At this point though, the most we can hope to get them to reconsider is small, superficial stuff like this. The game is like a month away from going gold. Not that it matters that it's only a month away, since really, once gameplay is shown for a game it's pretty much gonna be too late to effect any major changes before launch.

Although I'm going to be a nitpicky ***** and say I liked Arno's robe wayyy better when it was longer :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Although I'm going to be a nitpicky ***** and say I liked Arno's robe wayyy better when it was longer :rolleyes:

Wait, whut? It didn't notice any difference in his robe.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Wait, whut? It didn't notice any difference in his robe.

Yeah, watch yesterday's demo again and compare it to the E3 one. It's about eight inches shorter now. Probably done to combat clipping, but it flowed so awesomely before.

Fatal-Feit
08-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah, watch yesterday's demo again and compare it to the E3 one. It's about eight inches shorter now. Probably done to combat clipping, but it flowed so awesomely before.

Yeah, I see that now. Darn, I really liked the longer robe.

#unitydownscaledlikewatchdogs

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I see that now. Darn, I really liked the longer robe.

#unitydownscaledlikewatchdogs

Considering that we can customise, you likely won't have to put up with it for long. That is unless you want to stick with it.

And about the circle; I'm actually getting used to it now. I've watched the demo a few more times & it doesn't really bother me at all.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Actually sesh, since all of the base gameplay mechanics are pretty much set in stone (and not to mention, LOOKING GREAT), the best thing we can do is point out the little things that need to be polished.

LIKE HOW ARNO CLIMBS UP SOME BUILDINGS WITHOUT ACTUALLY GRABBING ONTO HANDHOLDS WTF

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Actually sesh, since all of the base gameplay mechanics are pretty much set in stone (and not to mention, LOOKING GREAT), the best thing we can do is point out the little things that need to be polished.

LIKE HOW ARNO CLIMBS UP SOME BUILDINGS WITHOUT ACTUALLY GRABBING ONTO HANDHOLDS WTF

It was strange the way he kept climbing the same way even when he reached a ledge. I wouldn't mind it if it was just one small wall, but he kept going even when the building went inwards.

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Talking about the weird climbing with no hand placements, this was by far my favourite thing in the demo that made 0 sense

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-15-2014/MLn6_x.gif

wvstolzing
08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Talking about the weird climbing with no hand placements, this was by far my favourite thing in the demo that made 0 sense

Same here.

Sushiglutton
08-15-2014, 08:56 PM

^^^^ yeah that was the biggest wtf moment. It's like he is doing the move introduced in AC3 where Connor walks on a beam and walks past a pillar. Only the "pillar" is really thick...

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 09:06 PM
^^^^ yeah that was the biggest wtf moment. It's like he is doing the move introduced in AC3 where Connor walks on a beam and walks past a pillar. Only the "pillar" is really thick...

Yeah, it was a little jarring to watch that. Hopefully they can polish that stuff up in the next couple months. In general, from the videos, it seems like Arno doesn't have enough mass or inertia.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Oh yeah, I'm like WTF, it went so fast it looked like he was going through the wall!

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah, I'm like WTF, it went so fast it looked like he was going through the wall!

I'm sure there is already a suitable animation in ACIV & 3 that would work to get round that pillar. Can they not make a new variation of that rather than Arno having a spasm?

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM

I could do that. Hold my beer.

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 10:12 PM
It looks like he starts doing the movement round pillar animation, then free floats? Like when you go through the map and the protag throws his hands up in the air, it looks like the animation goes from going round the pillar into that.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 10:12 PM
free floating. An unlockable skill to free-running.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-15-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm sure there is already a suitable animation in ACIV & 3 that would work to get round that pillar. Can they not make a new variation of that rather than Arno having a spasm?

Lol I know right? Needs more realistic movement!

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 10:29 PM

LOL literally. Funniest post today. Thanks, I needed that.

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 10:32 PM
LOL literally. Funniest post today. Thanks, I needed that.

Two days later the police find the corpse of Mayrice with a can of bear spilled next to her, dressed in the garbs of the Assassins.

HDinHB
08-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Two days later the police find the corpse of Mayrice with a can of bear spilled next to her, dressed in the garbs of the Assassins.

Noooooooooooooo! Mayrice is a lady, she only drinks bear from a bottle.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Tbh, I don't think that gif is that huge of an issue. The animation just glitched. I'm more concerned about that moment when Arno was climbing up a window pane and didn't use any handholds (even though there were handholds he could have used).

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Tbh, I don't think that gif is that huge of an issue. The animation just glitched. I'm more concerned about that moment when Arno was climbing up a window pane and didn't use any handholds (even though there were handholds he could have used).

They might pass that off as a wall scramble

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 10:51 PM
I like the just plain running up a wall animation way more than this wall scramble stuff then.

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 11:11 PM
I like the just plain running up a wall animation way more than this wall scramble stuff then.

Yeah so do I, it is the wall climb animation. I just meant they might pass it off and say its scrambling.

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 11:26 PM

Without touching the wall? :)

pacmanate
08-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Without touching the wall? :)

Idk, I didn't design the game

SlyTrooper
08-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Idk, I didn't design the game

I command you to design the game for me! :)

Locopells
08-16-2014, 01:08 AM

*hide empty glass*

What beer?

Sesheenku
08-16-2014, 01:11 AM
*hide empty glass*

What beer?

>Loco doesn't drink rum

You are not worthy of modship.

dandins
08-16-2014, 09:28 AM
the dev team should get rid of anything that makes the world look not natural.

wvstolzing
08-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Assassins in ACU will likely be Spider-People; remember the ones that let the drawbridge down, in the 'storming of the Bastille' trailer?

Jexx21
08-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Assassins in ACU will likely be Spider-People; remember the ones that let the drawbridge down, in the 'storming of the Bastille' trailer?

Except they were grabbing the bricks and the handholds

not to mention that's CGI and done by a company that isn't ubisoft

Bashilir
08-16-2014, 11:51 PM
I haven't liked any of the game's indications of being socially hidden. AC3's way was best but was messed up by the weird web above everyone's head you're blending with like ???

Really hoping that this "HEREZ A CIRCLE SO YANNO UR HIDDEN LULZ" is a part of the HUD and will be able to be removed.