PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Remastered?

blazzx_414
08-13-2014, 09:47 PM
I last few months we have seen quite few games getting remastered for the new generation of consoles and the reception of those is peaty good. So I've been thinking what about if we get AC1 and Ezio Trilogy re released on the new consoles and PC with better graphics? Assassin's Creed games already looked good on last gen hardware but they had its problem (Especially second one) like terrible draw distance of textures and shadows and a lost of frame tearing which could quickly destroy the experience... So what do you think? Would you like to have some old AC games remastered for new gen?

melbye82
08-13-2014, 10:29 PM
I'd buy a remaster of AC1 on PS4, especially if it also included Bloodlines

fcederberg
08-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Yes yes yes! Give me now!

Siddlee
08-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Much larger/denser crowds (including guards, potentially) would really change and boost the dynamic of every current AC game.
Sending Alta´r into the crowd to hide was always a main intention of AC1 that was never realised.

Siddlee
08-13-2014, 11:24 PM
They could also tease us modern day fans by adding and unlocking new puzzles subject-16 style when completing multiple games in the series.
Could even blend them into one as the story seamlessly integrates between games.

dxsxhxcx
08-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Maybe when the (next) next gen arrives, now (IMO) it's too soon.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Would be awesome, but it would take some time since the hardware/engines are completely different.

LieutenantJojo
08-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Yes, please!

I really want them to put the Ezio trilogy into one game and with the extra power provided by the next-gen consoles, this shouldn't be impossible. I always wanted to be able to revisit Florence, Venice, Rome and all the other cities as old Ezio. I'd love to climb the Colosseum or the Duomo with the Hookblade. Just imagine standing on top of those buildings and looking at the cities with next-gen graphics. They could even add a couple of new missions to bridge the gap between Brotherhood and Revelations.

Oh well, it'll probably never happen, sadly enough.

Shahkulu101
08-13-2014, 11:52 PM
This has been requested several times in threads like these...so ubi could take notice if this is being passed on...

I think it's pretty likely, people want it and ubi would gladly do it to please their fans and make some dosh. I see it as a likely possibility.

ze_topazio
08-13-2014, 11:52 PM
They don't have time for that.

Shahkulu101
08-13-2014, 11:57 PM
They don't have time for that.

There are like 9000 employees at Ubisoft...

Siddlee
08-14-2014, 12:00 AM
My assumption was that they would recycle the existing game engines and simply turn up the graphics in a similar manner to a pc game.
An increase in draw distance, crowd density, anti-aliasing and resolution should suffice.
Wonder how hard that would be to do, considering they already have all AC games on x86 platforms.

ze_topazio
08-14-2014, 12:03 AM
There are like 9000 employees at Ubisoft...

Working on like 5 AC games at the same time, plus several other games.

Soulid_Snake
08-14-2014, 12:24 AM
AC2 remaster would be heavenly. The way Ubi are milking AC I wouldn't be surprised if they start remastering the older titles.

D.I.D.
08-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Yes, please!

I really want them to put the Ezio trilogy into one game and with the extra power provided by the next-gen consoles, this shouldn't be impossible. I always wanted to be able to revisit Florence, Venice, Rome and all the other cities as old Ezio. I'd love to climb the Colosseum or the Duomo with the Hookblade. Just imagine standing on top of those buildings and looking at the cities with next-gen graphics. They could even add a couple of new missions to bridge the gap between Brotherhood and Revelations.

Oh well, it'll probably never happen, sadly enough.

If AC2, ACB and ACR were boosted to new gen standards, the download version would likely be 80-90GB, and maybe even more. I'm sure the team must be thinking ahead to the possibilities of a cloud gaming system for AC, to allow multiple cities to work that way.

Toa TAK
08-14-2014, 03:12 AM
AC1 needs it the most, if any game were to get it.

FinweofTirion
03-25-2015, 05:26 AM
Yes, yes and thrice yes!!! Please ubisoft hear our call,
Remaster ac 1 through 3!!!!

Sesheenku
03-25-2015, 05:43 AM
Jeez, I just realized there's a separate thread for AC1 and 2... Well same sentiments here, I'd take remastered AC1 over Victory.

playlisting
03-25-2015, 05:57 AM
Much larger/denser crowds (including guards, potentially) would really change and boost the dynamic of every current AC game.
Sending Alta´r into the crowd to hide was always a main intention of AC1 that was never realised.

The crowd's in Unity, while impressive, were an absolute pain in the arse. You were basically confined to the rooftops. Plus I don't think that the streets would be as full as they were in Paris. Seeing as it was a revolution everybody was out being pissed off at the aristocracy.

If they do decide to go down this route of filling the streets to the brim - which I dearly hope they don't - then they'll need to optimise the hell out of the engine. No point releasing a remastered version if it's going to run for the majority of the time at sub-30.

Of course what they might do is maybe just up-res everything, maybe redo some textures, apply some nice AA (4x MSAA wouldn't be a bad start) and off we go. Simple - It'll run well and less work required meaning it's much more likely to be a solid experience - and we get a crisp, clean 1080p experience.

The_Kiwi_
03-25-2015, 08:35 AM
The problem is, if they remaster AC1, then the fans will expect AC2-3 all remastered also
Ubisoft may be greedy, but they're not stupid

Okay, maybe they are stupid, but they're not silly

Wait

Nevermind

Forget I said anything

RinoTheBouncer
03-25-2015, 04:59 PM
I'd buy the whole saga remastered for any price Ubisoft asks for. Honestly. I crave that so much!

the_don7684
03-25-2015, 05:50 PM
agreed @rinothebouncer!! i would looove to see all of the games remastered at this point. i personally want them all on one console to play. Save yourself (Ubisoft) time and effort by making them digital downloads...... Man! I am chomping at the bit for this to happen!!! Can we get a petition or poll going to get a ball rolling on this?! pretty please?!

ERICATHERINE
03-25-2015, 10:00 PM
@RinoTheBouncer and @the_don7684 and @everyone else that want a remaster :

Let's all hope for a 10th anniversary edition where we could buy every ac games made on ps3 (except maybe ac IV black flag, since it's already made). ^-^

Who knows maybe it would even come with the ac movie that is in it's making.

The_Kiwi_
03-25-2015, 10:34 PM
And it'll cost $300
Because 6 games and a movie wouldn't be cheap

ERICATHERINE
03-26-2015, 05:15 PM
And it'll cost $300

I'm ready to paid the price. ^-^ I just have to wait unitil christmas and/or my birtday.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-26-2015, 06:41 PM
We will see an AC1-AC3 including handheld and dlc... no mp...
Its coming... i dont want it soon.. i can wait for it...
It would be really cool if AC1 and AC2 are almost completely remastered like liberation was...
Im in no rush to play these games again, but i do sometimes in the future :D

Altair1789
03-26-2015, 07:59 PM
I think adding bloodlines to AC1 would make it viable for remastering. I'd like that a lot actually

The_Kiwi_
03-27-2015, 01:39 AM
I think adding bloodlines to AC1 would make it viable for remastering. I'd like that a lot actually

I think they'd have to completely remake Bloodlines for that, because a remaster of it would look strange when mixed with AC1
But yes, I would like that also, but I have no expectation for it or hope that it'll come to be

Luisovski
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Assassin's Creed should get a remastered version at some point absolutely.

Sesheenku
03-27-2015, 07:32 PM
And it'll cost $300

I'm ready to paid the price. ^-^ I just have to wait unitil christmas and/or my birtday.

I wouldn't even buy all of them. I want to see 1 and 2 redone, 3 needs a full remake IMO, they didn't make it anywhere near as good as it could have been.

Shahkulu101
03-27-2015, 07:44 PM
I think we can be sure that a remaster at some point is inevitable can't we?

I think they should master the Ezio trilogy - Renaissance Italy and Constantinople with Unity's graphics. *drools*

Also remastering those 3 games would be the most logical, since Ezio is so popular.

ERICATHERINE
03-27-2015, 08:43 PM

I'd like that too. It's the only ac game I did not play at all, because it was on the psp (which I don't want). Also, if they do make a remaster for ac bloodlines, I would like it to be able to link with acinitiates.com. ^-^