08-13-2014, 07:12 PM
I just bought a new PC with this specs:

- 3.4GHz Intel i7 4770 Quad Core Processor
- 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
- H81 SKT1150 Motherboard & Drivers
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits
Also, the monitor is AOC 2250W at 60Hz

I should be playing Black Flag just fine, but the game is 100% unplayable, which is really weird. When I start playing with high settings everything runs perfectly smooth for about 2 minutes. Then the fps quickly drop to 5, and they won't move from there. The game runs like a picture gallery for the next 10 to15 minutes, and then crashes to desktop (or even worse, to the blue screen of death). What is even stranger is that, no matter if I set all the graphic settings to minimum (with the lowest resolution and the rest low or off) or maximum, it runs exactly the same. Can anyone please help me? I' love to play this game the way its meant to be played :(

Revan92000
08-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Is this the first game you've tried (i.e. have you played any other graphically intense games that ran just fine on this PC)? If this is the first game you've tried, it sounds like there is likely a problem with your hardware, probably either your processor or your graphics card (most likely the latter). I'd recommend that you try other games and see if you have the same or similar issues. If you do, it's entirely possible that you have some bad hardware.

If you're pretty sure your hardware is okay, you should see this thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810775-Improving-Performance-Frame-Rates-in-AC4-Black-Flag-with-mid-high-Nvidia-cards-Forums

Cornik22
08-13-2014, 10:33 PM
In fact, the same is happening with AC III and another two games :( What could be the cause?

YazX_
08-14-2014, 12:36 AM
In fact, the same is happening with AC III and another two games :( What could be the cause?

if you are using latest drivers and your PC is up to date then it seems you have a defective hardware, most probably its your video card, contact the shop you bought it from, or if you build it yourself, run some stress testing tools and pinpoint the defective hardware and issue an RMA.

Anykeyer
08-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Probably CPU overheating issue. Most likely your PC wasnt properly assembled.

YazX_
08-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Probably CPU overheating issue. Most likely your PC wasnt properly assembled.

i believe if CPU is overheating it will throttle and will not cause BSODs, but also could very much be the reason as well.

Anykeyer
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Yes, CPU downclocks itself (that explains low fps and thats why I think its overheating) so BSOD is less likely, but its still possible if heat rises too high. Especially with cheap motherboards (something based on H81 must be one of them) and their crappy components which cant tolerate high temperatures coming from CPU socket.