PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue Gameplay Walkthroughs

Pages : 1 [2]

MaceoniK
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Black Flag's gameplay demo's had Edward using a lot of Connor's tomahawk animations for the swords, and while in the actual game he still reuses some, he uses unique ones too.

Also what about the fact that Ezio uses a lot of Altairs animations from AC1 to AC2...

The fact that Edward reuses alot of Connors animations was ok because there was just enough new ones to make you feel like a new character, as was the case with Alta´r and Ezio, but with Shay, it's all way to similar... it's just looks/feels like Edward in disguise.

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
watching the demo's

"This ship is chasing us."

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 07:46 PM
The fact that Edward reuses alot of Connors animations was ok because there was just enough new ones to make you feel like a new character, as was the case with Alta´r and Ezio, but with Shay, it's all way to similar... it's just looks/feels like Edward in disguise.

Yes, but Edward used more of Connor's animations in the initial demos we got. It's possible that we'll get more animations in the actual game itself.

Either way, I don't care too much.

rodolMas
08-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Black Flag's gameplay demo's had Edward using a lot of Connor's tomahawk animations for the swords, and while in the actual game he still reuses some, he uses unique ones too.

Also what about the fact that Ezio uses a lot of Altairs animations from AC1 to AC2...

It's funny, because when you try to counter brutes in AC4, Edward will try to smash them with his empty fist as if he's hold a tomahawk.

The only game that changed all of the animations in the game so far was AC3.

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 07:55 PM
and probably Unity

Darkljolly
08-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Instead of complaining why don't we appreciate the small changes as of yet, like how you can finally fu***** roll.

GreySkellig
08-13-2014, 08:17 PM
I have pretty mixed feelings about this.

I am a fan of the air rifle, at least conceptually. It's much less silly than the blowgun. To those complaining it's ridiculous and implausible, I reply that air guns have existed as a hunting and sniping weapon in Europe since the 1600s. My main disappointment here is that instead of reinstating a silent long-range kill (like Connor's bow or Arno's Phantom Blade) it just gives us YET MORE AI manipulators. There are a whopping 6 now...so if you thought the blowgun was OP, meet the new gamebreaker.

I'm generally happy with the naval combat, though it seems more "gamey" than ever. The Puckle Guns (serving, I should note, their intended and chronologically accurate purpose as a shipboard swivel weapon) will hopefully make the "weak point" phase of combat less of an automatic formality. The carronade, on the other hand, doesn't seem to add much over the chain gun chaser--not to mention, it is NOT being used for its intended purpose, and indeed had not been invented yet.

I still have high hopes for the River Valley, as a rendition of AC3's frontier integrated with AC4's naval open world could be quite compelling.

Overall, yeah, it's a re-skin, and I'm mostly cool with that. The one thing that's slaying me is the recycling of combat animations. It wouldn't be so terrible, except they did go so far as to give Shay a new weapon, the left-hand dagger--which means half the time, he's swinging like he's holding a sword and the dagger passes harmlessly by the enemy.

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Two questions, this might not get manny responses but here goes.

First, what are your opinion's on The Morrigan? I think it is a cool ship for an assassin hunter, fast and manuverable.

Shay is Irish. Morrigan was the Irish goddess of War appearing as a crow on the battlefield. So, The Morrigan is practically the ship that brings the war to the Assassins and Shay is the crow that feeds on the dead eagles (the assassins).

After that reference, I wouldn't care even if The Morrigan was a schooner. The backstory is just too awesome.

Second, do you think it will be as tough as The Jackdaw with it's(The Morrigan's) steel armor?

Nevertheless, The Morrigan is considered to be "the most powerful 18th century Warship of its size". So, I guess it's more resilient than the Jackdaw and that will be reflected in the game.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10592787_537617073005873_8011672802952668886_n.jpg

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 08:26 PM
It's a smaller ship than the Jackdaw, so the Jackdaw might actually be more powerful than the Morrigan.

more high-def picture of that infographic:

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25960-3042_0002.jpg

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 08:30 PM
It's a smaller ship than the Jackdaw, so the Jackdaw might actually be more powerful than the Morrigan.

more high-def picture of that infographic:

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25960-3042_0002.jpg

Jexx, do you perhaps have access to a higher resolution version of this picture?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10610592_702186026532165_1899487803067462457_n.jpg

phoenix-force411
08-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Aquila was my favorite ship, and I believe it was a Frigate, no? Edward's was a brig, and now Shay's ship is like a Schooner.

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 08:33 PM
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25960-3042_0004.jpg

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 08:35 PM
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25960-3042_0004.jpg

You da real MVP!!!!

Where do you find them? Or are you upscaling them with specific programs?

Stealth Gamer92
08-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Aquila was my favorite ship, and I believe it was a Frigate, no? Edward's was a brig, and now Shay's ship is like a Schooner.

It is a sloop. Basically a schooner made into a warship the way I understand it.

harsab
08-13-2014, 08:41 PM
It looks like way too much of a reskinned AC4 for it to feel like a new experience, they even rehashed the HUD elements. The gameplay, environments and sea levels are passable at best, most uninteresting AC demos I've set my eyes on. If anything, the footage has convinced me not to part with my money for this quick cash-grab.

But, the music... I heard vocals in the ambient soundtrack when he was exploring the shipwreck. GODDAMMIT that's so unfair. The music in both these demos is already better than what I've heard so far of Unity's.

Come on listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-byPFX3NE I'm sorry but Unity's soundtrack sounds gob smacking...can't wait for the complete OST.

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 08:44 PM
You da real MVP!!!!

Where do you find them? Or are you upscaling them with specific programs?

They're from Gamersyde. High resolution trailers and screenshots of a ton of games.

AherasSTRG
08-13-2014, 08:47 PM
^ Awesome, thanks.

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Just something I noticed that might link into the present day; there is a little signal symbol at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. This might indicate that this is another project by Abstergo. I think that was also in ACIV.

I'm quite excited about the River Valley. Hopefully the trees will be easier to navigate through i.e. have more places to start climbing. On the topic of navigation, do you think that the role is contextual or done using a button? I'm also quite curious what the improvements they made to navigation are. Maybe they just made Shay more reactive to his environment so he won't get stuck. What do you guys think? Did anyone notice any changes?

ACfan443
08-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Come on listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-byPFX3NE I'm sorry but Unity's soundtrack sounds gob smacking...can't wait for the complete OST.

I've already listened to all of those tracks and most of them do nothing for me.
I only liked the one that played at the beginning, and this one: http://youtu.be/5KibYpT3lpI

GreySkellig
08-13-2014, 09:10 PM
The Aquila, Jackdaw and Morrigan are ALL brigs, merely of differing sizes, each one being equipped with two square-rigged masts. A sloop is a single-masted vessel. A sloop-of-war, as the Morrigan is labelled, simply refers to any British naval command too small for the rating system (which typically began with the 20-gun sixth-rates). A vessel of the Morrigan's size would typically be labelled a sloop-of-war, as would the Jackdaw, were it not for the fact that the Aquila, Jackdaw, and Morrigan all carry ludicrously large numbers of guns. The Aquila carried 60 guns, the Jackdaw 52 (counting chasers and mortars) and the Morrigan carries 40 (counting carronades and mortars)--classing them as two fourth rate ships of the line and a fifth rate, respectively. The Morrigan in fact carries twice as many guns as the "sloop of war" she claims to be. This is quite implausible, as none of the vessels in question are nearly large enough or carry enough sail for such heavy armament (or indeed to be counted as a "ship" at all). Indeed, they carry more guns than real-world frigates and ships of the line (men of war) more than twice their size and carrying third or fourth masts.

Of course, this isn't the only silly feature of the Morrigan. The Carronade gun was a short-ranged weapon totally unsuitable for use as a bow-chaser (chasers were usually the longest guns on a warship) and not invented until some years after Rogue takes place. Furthermore, the Morrigan's ram is vastly oversized at over half her hull length. Ice-breaking ships of the day didn't even carry rams, but rather reinforced bow plates. Finally, the Morrigan is depicted as firing "two shots at once" both in promo material and in the gameplay video shown. While it was possible to double-shot a cannon, it was a potentially damaging procedure, and one which increased the time required to charge the gun. Typically double-shot was used only in the first volley of an engagement, or when a particularly strong salvo was needed. it certainly did not produce the two distinct broadside volleys seen in the video.

Funnily enough, the Puckle gun which several folks have decried as improbable is, in fact, being used in the appropriate historical time and role.

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 09:14 PM
The Aquila, Jackdaw and Morrigan are ALL brigs, merely of differing sizes, each one being equipped with two square-rigged masts. A sloop is a single-masted vessel. A sloop-of-war, as the Morrigan is labelled, simply refers to any British naval command too small for the rating system (which typically began with the 20-gun sixth-rates). A vessel of the Morrigan's size would typically be labelled a sloop-of-war, as would the Jackdaw, were it not for the fact that the Aquila, Jackdaw, and Morrigan all carry ludicrously large numbers of guns. The Aquila carried 60 guns, the Jackdaw 52 (counting chasers and mortars) and the Morrigan carries 40 (counting carronades and mortars)--classing them as two fourth rate ships of the line and a fifth rate, respectively. The Morrigan in fact carries twice as many guns as the "sloop of war" she claims to be. This is quite implausible, as none of the vessels in question are nearly large enough or carry enough sail for such heavy armament (or indeed to be counted as a "ship" at all).

Of course, this isn't the only silly feature of the Morrigan. The Carronade gun was a short-ranged weapon totally unsuitable for use as a bow-chaser (chasers were usually the longest guns on a warship) and not invented until some years after Rogue takes place. Furthermore, the Morrigan's ram is vastly oversized at over half her hull length. Ice-breaking ships of the day didn't even carry rams, but rather reinforced bow plates. Finally, the Morrigan is depicted as firing "two shots at once" both in promo material and in the gameplay video shown. While it was possible to double-shot a cannon, it was a potentially damaging procedure, and one which increased the time required to charge the gun. Typically double-shot was used only in the first volley of an engagement, or when a particularly strong salvo was needed. it certainly did not produce the two distinct broadside volleys seen in the video.

Funnily enough, the Puckle gun which several folks have decried as improbable is, in fact, being used in the appropriate historical time and role.

May I remind you that it is a game designed for fun. Gameplay over accuracy, I say!

Jexx21
08-13-2014, 09:15 PM
I researched the puckle gun and I knew it was actually accurate.

Didn't know that these ships in real life couldn't really carry that large amount of cannons though.

GreySkellig
08-13-2014, 09:19 PM
May I remind you that it is a game designed for fun. Gameplay over accuracy, I say!

I understand that it is a game first, but many of the same gameplay concerns could be addressed with much less historically improbable means. It seems that Ubisoft is trying to cram in new period parlance (sloop-of-war, carronade gun, etc) merely for the sake of it, even when it is an inaccurate description of the vessel in question. Long 12-pounders would serve as well as these misplaced carronades, calling the vessel truthfully a brig does not impact gameplay, and incorporating a more believably proportioned ram would not prohibit its use as an icebreaker or ship-to-ship weapon.

Assassin's Creed has, in general, been quite historically scrupulous about its weapons and gadgets, and these historical inaccuracies are frustrating simply because they are unnecessary. They're bothersome because they're inaccurate and not for the sake of gameplay. Whereas something like the inclusion of mortars in the Jackdaw and Morrigan, while historically unlikely, does have a real impact on gameplay, and therefore I find unobjectionable.

harsab
08-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I've already listened to all of those tracks and most of them do nothing for me.
I only liked the one that played at the beginning, and this one: http://youtu.be/5KibYpT3lpI

I think you will appreciate them more when you play the game. I was the same about AC4 Black Flag.

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 09:24 PM
I understand that it is a game first, but many of the same gameplay concerns could be addressed with much less historically improbable means. It seems that Ubisoft is trying to cram in new period parlance (sloop-of-war, carronade gun, etc) merely for the sake of it, even when it is an inaccurate description of the vessel in question. Long 12-pounders would serve as well as these misplaced carronades, calling the vessel truthfully a brig does not impact gameplay, and incorporating a more believably proportioned ram would not prohibit its use as an icebreaker or ship-to-ship weapon.

You have to also consider that Rogue has not had the same development time or resources given to it compared to Unity. It is less likely to be as accurate. Besides, they could always make up something that the Templars developed to have it make sense.

trainkun0908
08-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Well for example, Blackbeard's ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge, was a frigate and only carries 40 guns, so that makes the Aquila, Jackdaw and the Morrigan ridiculously overpowered at the time and highly improbable. Also, Many of Black Flag's man of wars have more than a hundred guns on their ships, which is also quite improbable, as man of wars of that size required a huge amount of money to operate and thus were not activated during peacetime.

However, if the number of broadside cannons are according to the firepower stats in the Kenway Fleet minigame, then it will be more believable. With man of wars having 63-70 guns and frigates having 32-35, brigs having 23-25 and schooners having 12-15.

GreySkellig
08-13-2014, 09:30 PM
It really is a pity about the unnecessary inaccuracies, because the Morrigan looks, in most respects, quite a trim little vessel. (I love her recessed quarterdeck cabin, a nifty feature incorporated into some of the better-built brigs of the time). I guess I'll probably just avoid acquiring that absurdly massive ram for as long as I can.

SixKeys
08-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Everything in these videos earns a resounding "meh" except the soundtrack. Could've sworn it was Jesper Kyd's work when the vocals started as Shay was exploring the arctic shipwreck.

Hans684
08-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Any idea how long Ubisoft is going to support last gen?

killzab
08-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I want this game to be good, the premise is too interesting to be wasted on a bad game

STDlyMcStudpants
08-13-2014, 10:06 PM
This is seriously the laziest looking AC yet...
This is worst than Brotherhood...
This is just a $60 AC4 DLC W-T-H

GunnerGalactico
08-13-2014, 10:10 PM
This is seriously the laziest looking AC yet...
This is worst than Brotherhood...
This is just a $60 AC4 DLC W-T-H

To me, it's ACR, AC3 and AC4 ( but mostly AC4) combined. They've recycled a lot of elements.

killzab
08-13-2014, 10:26 PM
I wanted to point out that the reason you can survive air assassination is because of the collar !

Notice how in the River Valley gameplay vid, at the beginning his collar is down, when he enters the restricted area, he puts the collar up like Edward would do with the hood ? Well I guess that's the reason.

Megas_Doux
08-13-2014, 10:31 PM
The soundtrack seems to be good....

Namikaze_17
08-13-2014, 10:41 PM
I wanted to point out that the reason you can survive air assassination is because of the collar !

Notice how in the River Valley gameplay vid, at the beginning his collar is down, when he enters the restricted area, he puts the collar up like Edward would do with the hood ? Well I guess that's the reason.

Well that's kinda of a BS excuse for why he survives it.

Various other Assassination targets wore steel armor yet that didn't stop them from getting killed.

#Continuity
#Logic

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 10:47 PM
So considering how much moaning I've read today, are you all still getting the game or not? Even though I am slightly disappointed, I still feel that it could be a good game. And we still don't know about how the main missions are going to play out. Like I said before, they wanted our feedback; this could mean that they have improved it. Maybe it's not to the same standard as Unity, but it could be less linear.

P.S. I don't need Mayrice to reply because she's too obsessed with Haytham to not get the game :)

souNdwAve89
08-13-2014, 10:48 PM
I agree with some of your guys' comments. I enjoyed Black Flag, but I was getting bored of the naval aspect about halfway through the game. When we found out that naval was coming back for Rogue, I kinda rolled my eyes, but then again, I was curious to see how they can keep it fresh. Sorry to say, but I was not impressed with the two demos I saw on IGN's YouTube page. I do like that Ubisoft is giving us a different perspective outside of the Assassins' point of view though. I will probably pick up the game when it's cheap (like $20). This works out well for me since I can use the money towards buying a PS4 and a copy of Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 10:49 PM

That's pretty genius.

I hadn't thought of that :o

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-13-2014, 10:51 PM

Thats a good point. We will hopefully have our answers once the game is played :)

killzab
08-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Thats a good point. We will hopefully have our answers once the game is played :)

But i'm upset he doesn't seem to have a hood, I swear I'm not buying the game if he doesn't have a hood on his templar armor like on the cover.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-13-2014, 10:56 PM
But i'm upset he doesn't seem to have a hood, I swear I'm not buying the game if he doesn't have a hood on his templar armor like on the cover.

I dont blame you there lol

X_xWolverinEx_X
08-13-2014, 11:05 PM
I must be one of the only people who doesn't feel like this game is a cash grab.

You know what is a cash grab? The countless sport games that re-release year after year. Any fighting games that don't have a story
Im with you i dont think its a cash grab . I think it looks pretty good

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 11:06 PM
Why would he need a hood?

He's a templar.

killzab
08-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Why would he need a hood?

He's a templar.

Because he's got one on the cover and renders of him we've seen, I don't like being "lied to".

Shahkulu101
08-13-2014, 11:09 PM
It's actually pleasing to me that he looks to blend in with the crowd as an upper class citizen, rather than stick out in a conspicuous hooded robe.

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Oh christ.

Started reading the youtube comments out of sheer curiousity.

Big mistake.

So much ignorance, so little comprehension. hnghh

@killzah

Ah, alright then.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2014, 11:19 PM
The soundtrack seems to be good....

Indeed, but it's kind of sad that the only things I liked about these demos were the music and the penguins :nonchalance:

I agree with the majority of these comments, this game is obviously a cash grab. It's just AC4 in a more boring setting. The one thing I was looking forward to (stalkers) has been ruined by the painfully obvious whispers that happen even outside of Eagle Vision; there's no tension there at all. And if the air "assassination" the leader pulled off is anything to go by, they can't even one-shot-kill you. The Puckle gun is just a crappier version of the elite swivels, the burning oil is just an overpowered version of the fire barrels, the ice ram is just a cheap way to wall off sections of the game until you unlock it, the grenades are just overpowered versions of the darts, there seems to be zero new animations, combat is exactly the same crappy model from Black Flag, and I couldn't help but notice that Haytham didn't have any lines and I believe Adrian Hough recently said on Twitter that he didn't know about this project... If they've recasted him I'm going to be furious.

Rant almost over. But even the "new" stuff they were mentioning had already been done in AC4. "Hey look at those brand new open-world naval clashes where you can help one side and reap the profits!" "Oh, you mean like the ones we already played a year ago? Like that?"

At least there's still Unity. I'm most certainly NOT going to be buying this copy/pasted game unless they show off something extremely impressive in the coming months.

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 11:20 PM
How could you guys hear the music?

I tried but couldn't cuz of the commentary :(

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Oh christ.

Started reading the youtube comments out of sheer curiousity.

Big mistake.

So much ignorance, so little comprehension. hnghh

@killzah

Ah, alright then.

The Youtube comment section is basically a disease in text form which is why I've avoided reading it for the past year.

SlyTrooper
08-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Indeed, but it's kind of sad that the only things I liked about these demos were the music and the penguins :nonchalance:

I agree with the majority of these comments, this game is obviously a cash grab. It's just AC4 in a more boring setting. The one thing I was looking forward to (stalkers) has been ruined by the painfully obvious whispers that happen even outside of Eagle Vision; there's no tension there at all. And if the air "assassination" the leader pulled off is anything to go by, they can't even one-shot-kill you. The Puckle gun is just a crappier version of the elite swivels, the burning oil is just an overpowered version of the fire barrels, the ice ram is just a cheap way to wall off sections of the game until you unlock it, the grenades are just overpowered versions of the darts, there seems to be zero new animations, combat is exactly the same crappy model from Black Flag, and I couldn't help but notice that Haytham didn't have any lines and I believe Adrian Hough recently said on Twitter that he didn't know about this project... If they've recasted him I'm going to be furious.

Rant almost over. But even the "new" stuff they were mentioning had already been done in AC4. "Hey look at those brand new open-world naval clashes where you can help one side and reap the profits!" "Oh, you mean like the ones we already played a year ago? Like that?"

At least there's still Unity. I'm most certainly NOT going to be buying this copy/pasted game unless they show off something extremely impressive in the coming months.

How about giant penguins? Will you get the game then?

LoyalACFan
08-13-2014, 11:29 PM
How about giant penguins? Will you get the game then?

... only if they're voiced by Adrian Hough

JustPlainQuirky
08-13-2014, 11:31 PM
... only if they're voiced by Adrian Hough

http://www.survivingcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Raven-Smirk-GIF.gif

STDlyMcStudpants
08-13-2014, 11:46 PM
To me, it's ACR, AC3 and AC4 ( but mostly AC4) combined. They've recycled a lot of elements.

Nah.. it's clearly just a reskinned AC4

ze_topazio
08-14-2014, 12:00 AM
I'm still looking forward to this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJckbkGmYg

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 12:22 AM
I don't know why.

But the fact that you take damage from swimming in cold water makes me feel a character might die via freezing to death.

Perhaps mr. Cowboy?

He is prolly gonna die.

Mr. Cowboy looks cooler than Shay IMO

JustPlainQuirky
08-14-2014, 12:23 AM
deleted post to put it in other thread

#wastooslowmybad

SlyTrooper
08-14-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm still looking forward to this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJckbkGmYg

That is actually really funny... I liked AC3, too.

rickprog
08-14-2014, 01:46 AM
It's actually looking better than I expected. Yes, it reuses most of the assets crafted for ACIV and ACIII, so what? Ubisoft's big project for the franchise right now is Unity, and they wouldn't have what they had in mind (a current gen game that takes advantage of the console) held back to release it for both consoles. I do think, however, that they should have made use of things that went under the radar for the last two games. For example, having Shay dual-wielding isn't too smart, considering they have the one-handed animations underused in both ACIV and ACIII. Had they used those, the combat animations wouldn't look recycled. I don't think it was too hard to add at least the dedicated stealth to Rogue, in case the new navigation and combat were actually too much for last gen consoles to recreate, but this is what we're getting. The whispers thing is kind of disappointing, too.

In any case, the AI seems smarter, there's some tougher opponents than before, stuff like the Eagle Vision will be used more often, it doesn't feel like you're carrying an arsenal just for the sake of it but for functional reasons. I'd suppose that, just like when assassins used hidden blades "assassinations" on Edward in AC4, they couldn't just one-hit kill you; it would've been straightforward ridiculous and partially inevitable. I'm fine with it taking a major chunk of the health bar.

HiddenKiller612
08-14-2014, 02:06 AM
complaining about the hood... When they said we'll be playing a few missions/sequences/whateva when Shay was an Assassin... Which is why they have him with a hood on the cover.

SlyTrooper
08-14-2014, 02:30 AM
complaining about the hood... When they said we'll be playing a few missions/sequences/whateva when Shay was an Assassin... Which is why they have him with a hood on the cover.

But his outfit is different when he's an Assassin. The outfit he's got on the cover is his Templar outfit.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-14-2014, 02:38 AM
anyone else already annoyed of the MP whispers?

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Nope, but maybe they should be a little more toned down, like how they were in ACR in regards to stalkers.

HiddenKiller612
08-14-2014, 02:43 AM
But his outfit is different when he's an Assassin. The outfit he's got on the cover is his Templar outfit.
Perhaps it can be equipped like different outfits in AC4, and Liberation....

GreySkellig
08-14-2014, 03:11 AM
After initial disappointments about the number of reused assets...I'm back to being moderately excited about this game. It will at least be something to tide me over until I purchase a PS4 sometime in 2015.

masterfenix2009
08-14-2014, 07:33 AM
I actually like the fact that the Assassins can't one hit insta-kill you. That would be pretty stupid and get frustratingly annoying. I thought the MP whispers were fun and cool as well.

Love the flammable oil. They made turning faster and tighter which was my main complaint of AC4

I find things like animations and graphics very minor issues that I barely pay attention too. So, I don't care if they are re-used.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 07:59 AM
I actually like the fact that the Assassins can't one hit insta-kill you. That would be pretty stupid and get frustratingly annoying.

But if there's no element of danger, what's the point of even including them? It removes the suspense and replaces it with tedium. If they just freaking broadcast the fact that an Assassin is on your tail with the extremely loud "whispers," you can just switch on Eagle Vision and snipe them before they even get close.

masterfenix2009
08-14-2014, 08:16 AM
But if there's no element of danger, what's the point of even including them? It removes the suspense and replaces it with tedium. If they just freaking broadcast the fact that an Assassin is on your tail with the extremely loud "whispers," you can just switch on Eagle Vision and snipe them before they even get close.

Well, it makes you more alert and aware. Keeps you on you're toes.

They don't insta kill you but they heavily damage you. So that counts if you are in a massive fight at the time right?

I also think in cities that it will be a little harder to find them. Even with Eagle vision since they can hide behind buildings and stuff.

I'm also one of those kinds of people that when they lose something, they can never find it even when it is right in front of their face. So I guess the eagle vision thing with the whispers doesn't concern me as much.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Well, it makes you more alert and aware. Keeps you on you're toes.

They don't insta kill you but they heavily damage you. So that counts if you are in a massive fight at the time right?

I also think in cities that it will be a little harder to find them. Even with Eagle vision since they can hide behind buildings and stuff.

I'm also one of those kinds of people that when they lose something, they can never find it even when it is right in front of their face. So I guess the eagle vision thing with the whispers doesn't concern me as much.

Well if it's exactly like AC4's combat (which it is) we have regenerating health and any fight can be won by a flailing chimpanzee. So I hardly think a blow from an Assassin is going to be too much of a threat. Unless you manually have to put up the collar to protect yourself, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Jexx21
08-14-2014, 08:26 AM
When I first heard about that I thought you would be able to counter an air assassination like how Vali did when one of Ezio's recruits tried to air assassinate him.

Maybe you can, apparently you can "counter" a guy shooting at you by rolling.

MaceoniK
08-14-2014, 08:34 AM
When an assassin is about to air assassinate you, they should of used a quick time event (like when animals attack you), and if you fail it's instant kill, but if you hit the right buttons, you do that thing in AC 4 where if a guard detects you and you try an air assassination, he just grabs you mid air and throws you to one side.

LoyalACFan
08-14-2014, 08:36 AM
When an assassin is about to air assassinate you, they should of used a quick time event (like when animals attack you), and if you fail it's instant kill, but if you hit the right buttons, you do that thing in AC 4 where if a guard detects you and you try an air assassination, he just grabs you mid air and throws you to one side.

Or we could just never use quicktime events again for anything ever and destroy any evidence that they once existed?

MaceoniK
08-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Or we could just never use quicktime events again for anything ever and destroy any evidence that they once existed?

I agree, I'm not a fan of quicktime events either, but I still think it's a better alternative to what we've seemingly got.

poptartz20
08-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I finally watched the first video.. I started witth the second. Umm... I must say there are ton of re-used elements. which isn't a problem but still with the exception of Haytham it was a tad lack luster. Oh! well stilll looks like it is worth picking up! I'm excited for both honestly!

which brings me to the subject of I wonder if they will be retconning Forsaken.. but maybe this is a question to take to the general thread.

ThatDoughnut
08-14-2014, 12:58 PM
I was slightly disappointed that they've reused so many things from BF, but I guess I should have expected that.

Whats the deal with Shay's air rifle? In the trailer they made it seem lethal, but it looks like it functions the same as the blowpipe in BF with the addition of firecrackers (and I'm pretty sure you couldn't kill anyone with those).

Locopells
08-14-2014, 01:07 PM
It basically is the blowpipe, but without the puff needed.

ThatDoughnut
08-14-2014, 01:44 PM
That kinda sucks, I was hoping we would be able to fire regular bullets along with distraction ones, because the trailer sorta implied that.

SlyTrooper
08-14-2014, 03:59 PM
About the air assassination, it appears there is a way to counter it. When the Assassin lands on Shay there is a slight pause where the counter icon is shown. This means that we can counter it if we get snuck up on. And for everybody saying it's too easy because it doesn't kill you, remember that Shay was fully armoured in the demo. At the start of the game it may kill you immediately.

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-14-2014, 04:29 PM
That kinda sucks, I was hoping we would be able to fire regular bullets along with distraction ones, because the trailer sorta implied that.

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully that's an upgrade for it or something.

Jackdaw951
08-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah. Why are people upset? Didn't Black Flag and Freedom Cry leave you asking for more? Here's more.

Yep! And it seems so far that more is exactly what we're getting. I'm pumped for this, and hope nothing goes awry between now and November.

I have every confidence that Rogue will be scaled up to the new-gen systems in time. There's no way Ubi was going to trample on the new-gen exclusive Unity, though. Each game needs to find its own time and place for best profitability for them.

. . .

Oh, and this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu6AogoIYAAz6bR.jpg

Is there a full-resolution version of that image somewhere? Google was not my friend today.

Edit: Never mind. Found one (http://escoblades.tumblr.com/image/94617840391) (1200x674).

SlyTrooper
08-14-2014, 06:32 PM
The most exciting thing I've heard so far about Rogue is that all the land mass in the River Valley is bigger than all that in ACIV. Any chance we could go diving there? It's not as cold as the North Atlantic.

Dome500
08-14-2014, 06:49 PM
So either the story and the actual fact that the Assassins are more sneaky and harder to get than "normal" Tempalr targets completely blow you away or it will be a "picking it up when it's cheaper" for me. IF it even will be released for PC.

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 07:10 PM
So how long do you guys think the game will be? Do you think it will be as long as ACIV? Also, do you think there will be full synch? It seems to have been taken out of Unity, so I hope it's taken out of Rogue... I doubt it though.

lothario-da-be
08-15-2014, 07:17 PM
So how long do you guys think the game will be? Do you think it will be as long as ACIV? Also, do you think there will be full synch? It seems to have been taken out of Unity, so I hope it's taken out of Rogue... I doubt it though.
story around 8 hours, 100% completion 40. And that is when we stay positive.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 07:24 PM
The River Valley is almost as big as all of AC4's map, then we have the Atlantic coast as well as New York which was a pretty large city and will be even bigger because it's before the Great Fire- that's a three large maps and they aren't going to have them house a small amount of content. This will be a big game, it's just the similarity of the content when compared to Black Flag that should be concerned.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm actually hyped for the River Valley.

I love the idea of having the Frontier with sailing bits in it. I just hope that we can actually explore all of the land area, would feel lame if we couldn't.

lothario-da-be
08-15-2014, 07:33 PM
The River Valley is almost as big as all of AC4's map, then we have the Atlantic coast as well as New York which was a pretty large city and will be even bigger because it's before the Great Fire- that's a three large maps and they aren't going to have them house a small amount of content. This will be a big game, it's just the similarity of the content when compared to Black Flag that should be concerned.
Realy? Where did you get that information from? This makes me a lot more "hyped" for it. Maybe this game will be better then I thought.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm actually hyped for the River Valley.

I love the idea of having the Frontier with sailing bits in it. I just hope that we can actually explore all of the land area, would feel lame if we couldn't.

It will probably be like the Caribbean in that there will only be certain land masses that we can actually explore, so bits of land that are inaccessible - you know what I mean.

If it's just little island-sized masses of land we can explore like in Black Flag that would be extremely lame. Even if there are a few bigger areas like Black Flag's Tulum.

Realy? Where did you get that information from? This makes me a lot more "hyped" for it. Maybe this game will be better then I thought.

It was in the IGN live-stream demo walkthrough, one of the producers said so.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 07:35 PM

More than 20 hours according to this article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-14-ubisoft-only-vocal-minority-complains-about-number-of-assassins-creed-games

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 07:37 PM
It will probably be like the Caribbean in that there will only be certain land masses that we can actually explore, so bits of land that are inaccessible - you know what I mean.

If it's just little island-sized masses of land we can explore like in Black Flag that would be extremely lame. Even if there are a few bigger areas like Black Flag's Tulum.

But I want to be able to explore all of the land masses, at least all of the ones that are on the map. Like, I don't want any of that stuff from Black Flag where we can access a small town or settlement but can't explore past it on that island.

I want it to be an AC3 frontier map were we can go EVERYWHERE (on the map).

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 07:38 PM
20 hour storymode?

http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

All the Kenway booty

Shahkulu101
08-15-2014, 07:39 PM
More than 20 hours according to this article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-14-ubisoft-only-vocal-minority-complains-about-number-of-assassins-creed-games

Oh, according to this the River Valley features 'some smaller cities'. So I doubt we can explore the whole thing, and like I said there will be a lot of locked off land. I expect it to be a lamer version of the Caribbean with no large wild areas like the Frontier to explore. Just a collection of very small locations and some decent sized ones. :/

But I want to be able to explore all of the land masses, at least all of the ones that are on the map. Like, I don't want any of that stuff from Black Flag where we can access a small town or settlement but can't explore past it on that island.

I want it to be an AC3 frontier map were we can go EVERYWHERE (on the map).

So do I, but you can tell from the demos it's not going to be like that. Look closely at the surrounding land during the Rogue demo, they look locked off.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 07:40 PM
>sees article
>reads "only vocal minority"
>closes tab

lothario-da-be
08-15-2014, 07:41 PM
20 hour storymode?

http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

All the Kenway booty
You sure they are talking about the story?
And if they say 20 hours story it means 10 in reality.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 07:42 PM
wait checked. 20 hours of (presumably total) gameplay. dang. sounds short actually :I

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
>sees article
>reads "only vocal minority"
>closes tab

That part is stupid but the very last paragraph...

The story will see Assassin-turned-Templar Shay meet Assassin's Creed 3's Haytham Kenway - now the Templar leader in North America - who will be at your side for "a bunch" of missions. "You'll see a lot of him in the game," Luhe explained.

I know this is music to your ears.

Xstantin
08-15-2014, 07:46 PM
And with "Haytham at your side" I expect Shay to be forgotten and discarded

Not really. But Haytham

wvstolzing
08-15-2014, 08:00 PM
wait checked. 20 hours of (presumably total) gameplay. dang. sounds short actually :I

20 'total' does sound short, especially if that 'total' is meant to include an insane amount of little collectibles scattered all over the map as in AC4.

Jexx21
08-15-2014, 08:02 PM
So do I, but you can tell from the demos it's not going to be like that. Look closely at the surrounding land during the Rogue demo, they look locked off.

I don't think so. It looks a fair bit open to me.

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM
I think 20 hours is just the main story, like always.

Dieinthedark
08-15-2014, 08:17 PM
My two cents....

Terrible. Absolutely terrible

killzab
08-15-2014, 08:28 PM
20 total is RIDICULOUSLY short. I think they said Black Flag was 60 hours total, or even more.

That would mean the game's got three times less content than Black Flag ?!

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:29 PM
How much is Revelations and Liberation total?

ze_topazio
08-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Revelations story is around 12 hours, completing everything is around 40 hours.

Liberation story is around 10 hours, completing everything is around 25 hours.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:44 PM
oh dayum...shorter than Liberation!?!!?

I'd say someone should ask for clarification, but devs haven't been willing to clarify much lately...

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 08:46 PM
oh dayum...shorter than Liberation!?!!?

I'd say someone should ask for clarification, but devs haven't been willing to clarify much lately...

How many hours a game takes to complete is the most subjective thing.

Is the player good?
Does it take into account retries?
Does it take into account running around?
Do they run around to each objective in the shortest or longest pattern?

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:47 PM
i think estimates have been fairly representative when I look at my playtime on steam.

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 08:49 PM
i think estimates have been fairly representative when I look at my playtime on steam.

maybe you're as bad as them

Jk :p

But you know what I mean though. You never know all the variables. Not to mention Ubisofts "1 hour more gametime" DLC is normally about 25 minutes.

JustPlainQuirky
08-15-2014, 08:50 PM
true true

but that just means chances are Ubi is overestimating per usual and it's actually even shorter

pacmanate
08-15-2014, 08:55 PM
true true

but that just means chances are Ubi is overestimating per usual and it's actually even shorter

Ubi always overestimate

killzab
08-15-2014, 09:29 PM
We need to compare official Rogue length to official Black Flag length to get an idea ...

SHADOWGARVIN
08-15-2014, 09:37 PM
How long has this game been in development? He seemed reluctant to say anything about it.

SlyTrooper
08-15-2014, 09:44 PM
They mention changes to the parkour in this article. (http://www.trustedreviews.com/assassin-s-creed-rogue_Games_review)