PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue will give an conclusion to the Kenway saga?

TIKISERB
08-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi guys so i was surfing the internet for some extra informations regarding Ubisofts new game Assassins Creed Rogue and i found that on many sites they mention that the Kenway saga will have an major role in Assassins Creed Rogue here are some of the sites http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/561952/20140806/assassin-s-creed-rogue-unity-release-date.htm#.U-ijP_l_vT9 http://www.moddb.com/groups/8th-generation-gamers/news/assassins-creed-rogue-is-announced http://noobist.com/gaming/assassins-creed-rogue-coming-xbox-360-ps3-november/ here is the what they say about the Kenway saga.First one says this " One important detail that was mentioned was the fact that "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" will play a major role in the Kenway saga. In addition, Shay is fueled not only by the betrayal, but also the fact that the Seven Years' War has contributed much to the financial troubles that are plaguing France and its people in "Assassin's Creed Unity." Second one "Some do not know what relationship Shay has Kenway family, who were responsible for leading roles in game number three and four, but without giving too many details Ubisoft says that the story of Rogue will certainly have a great importance for Kenway saga." And the Third one "The game takes place during the Seven Yearsí War, filling the gap between Black Flag and Assassinís Creed 3.íIt will also loosely link with Assassinís Creed: Unity, which is set a few years after during the French revolution. It will also tie into the Kenway saga, and possibly even conclude it." I dont know about you guys but im very happy about this because i really liked Connor,And know after years of complaining about connors story and how is not ended Ubisoft will finally grant our wishes MAYBE... But im thinking that there is more posibility that the game will have something with Haytham,because he is an templar and Shay is also a Templar so maybe they were friend,maybe family friends because Edward was an assassin so maybe he knew Shay when he was an assassin as well and then maybe after when he bacame a templar had to kill Edward so yeah,My theory that he either knows Haytham later when they are both templars or that hen knew his father when they were both assassins.About his dead(they already want him dead lol) some fans were talking that it would be cool if Achilles killed Shay i agree it would be nice seing Achilles when he was younger,But if you folow my theory it would be posible if Haytham kills him because he wants revange,but it would be hard for him because they were friends(he didnt knew Shay is the one that killed his father ,and they were in the same creed templars ps:Shay would be more of an uncle to him than bff) So yeah i dont know what do you guys think? And if you have theories of your own please feel free to share them :)

guardian_titan
08-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Bit of a block paragraph, TIKISERB. Might want to break it up to make it easier to read. Not many want to read a wall of text. Not really following you too well on a lot of things as a result.

Modified for an easier read:
Hi guys. So i was surfing the internet for some extra information regarding Ubisoft's new game Assassins Creed Rogue and i found that on many sites they mention that the Kenway saga will have a major role in Assassins Creed Rogue. Here are some of the sites:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/56195...m#.U-ijP_l_vT9
http://www.moddb.com/groups/8th-gene...e-is-announced
http://noobist.com/gaming/assassins-...-ps3-november/

Here is the what they say about the Kenway saga.

One important detail that was mentioned was the fact that "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" will play a major role in the Kenway saga. In addition, Shay is fueled not only by the betrayal, but also the fact that the Seven Years' War has contributed much to the financial troubles that are plaguing France and its people in "Assassin's Creed Unity."

Some do not know what relationship Shay has Kenway family, who were responsible for leading roles in game number three and four, but without giving too many details Ubisoft says that the story of Rogue will certainly have a great importance for Kenway saga.

"The game takes place during the Seven Yearsí War, filling the gap between Black Flag and Assassinís Creed 3.íIt will also loosely link with Assassinís Creed: Unity, which is set a few years after during the French revolution. It will also tie into the Kenway saga, and possibly even conclude it."

I don't know about you guys but I'm very happy about this because i really liked Connor and know after years of complaining about Connor's story and how it's not ended Ubisoft will finally grant our wishes. MAYBE...

But I'm thinking that there is more possibility that the game will have something with Haytham because he is a Templar and Shay is also a Templar so maybe they were friends, maybe even family friends. Edward was an assassin so maybe he knew Shay when he was an assassin as well and then maybe after when he became a Templar had to kill Edward so yeah,

My theory that he either knows Haytham later when they are both Templars or that he knew his father when they were both assassins.

About his death (they already want him dead :D) some fans were talking that it would be cool if Achilles killed Shay. I agree that it would be nice seeing Achilles when he was younger, but if you follow my theory it would be possible if Haytham kills him because he wants revenge for his father's death, but it would be hard for him because they were friends (he didn't knew Shay is the one that killed his father, and they were in the same order Templars. Shay would be more of an uncle to him than bff. So yeah i don't know. What do you guys think? And if you have theories of your own please feel free to share them.
I'd suggest you read the novel Forsaken. That shows Edward's death. Also a good read and goes into quite a few events from AC3 including when Connor was nearly hanged. You find out in the novel who really saved Connor.

I don't see the game being a conclusion to the Kenway saga if it ends in 1761. It'd have to go beyond it by 22 years to get to Connor in 1783 and likely have to go even further than that. It will likely just fill in a gap of missing years for Haytham (roughly 1758-1769) where the novel Forsaken has nothing. I wouldn't call that a conclusion. More like an addition. Haytham's the middle Kenway, not the last, so concluding Haytham's story (or rather filling in that missing gap) isn't ending the story for Connor. That is unless they're planning a Connor DLC, but I can't help feel that would be a cheap move on Ubisoft's part. Complete Connor's story in a 15 minute DLC. :mad:

Shay's 21 in 1752 putting him born around 1731. Haytham's born in 1725. So there's about 6 years between the two. If Shay were Connor's age, I could see him thinking of Haytham as an uncle. The two are too close in age for that, though, although that's not to say there were uncles who were the same age as their nephews (or even younger) back then. Unless you were talking about Haytham's father Edward. In that case, Shay never knew Edward or only knew him when he was 4. Edward was killed by two hired thugs in the novel Forsaken in 1735.

Unless you were referring to Achilles who was born in 1710 which makes him 21 years older than Shay and thus more like a potential uncle. Achilles had also been in the Assassins for like 20 years so potentially recruited Shay. Only other one that could have (giving the guy an actual appearance) was John de la Tour who could be the potential loose tie to Unity.

Haytham's the only one who could really recruit Shay as a Templar since Pitcairn and Lee would both be in Europe at the time, Johnson and Church are busy with other things, and Hickey's MIA. Then again, Lee was apparently back in the US in 1760 to throw Connor against a tree despite that not being true to history. Lee was also in Boston in AC3 for the Boston Massacre in 1770 when he was supposed to be in Europe. So not beyond Ubisoft to move people around to where they're not supposed to be. There could have also been another Templar around that Ubisoft just pulled out of nowhere. Since we know from AC3 no Shay is present so either Shay died at some point prior to 1770 or he turned tail and ran betraying both factions.

Haytham's only in the US from 1754-1756 before he returned to Europe to rescue his sister Jenny and kill Reginald Birch. It's unknown when he returned to the US outside of us knowing he bought a Virginian estate prior to 1770. Issue with Haytham having any part in Shay's story in 1754-1756 is that he's already with the other Templars doing the events in AC3. They'd potentially be retconning part of AC3 by putting Shay events in there. If they waited until after 1758, then Haytham's in the game at most 3 years (1758-1761) which puts him at the tail end of the game. It would be a reverse of his original appearance of being at the beginning of AC3 (and the end), but personally, I find that a bit disappointing. If Haytham only appears in the latter years, that means Shay's an Assassin from 1752-1757 which would be a bit over half the game. That is unless he went rogue first and joined the Templars a few years after. I wouldn't put it past Ubisoft to have Shay as an Assassin in 1752, a rogue agent from 1752-1760, and a Templar in 1761.

The Aquila also sank (for the second time) in 1768 which is how she ended up in Davenport. That would suggest the Assassins fell after 1761 so Shay couldn't have a hand in that suggesting he's already dead by then. I do think it's plausible Achilles might have killed Shay at the end which might explain why he has to walk with a cane, but issue with Achilles is he knew Ziio who apparently helped him from time to time. If they threw in Ziio after 1756, though, then they'd run into issues with Connor. If they threw in Ziio and Haytham, they'd run into issues with Haytham saying he never saw Ziio again after 1755. She threatened she'd kill him if she saw him again. That also threatens Haytham finding out about Connor which we know didn't happen.

I'm waiting to see how much this game retcons things from AC3 and Forsaken ... especially Forsaken. I don't have high hopes although I'm looking forward to this game more than Unity despite it not coming to PC. I'm REALLY hoping for a PC version.