PDA

View Full Version : So if Ubisoft is really thinking about spinning off AC IV: Black Flag

Darkljolly
08-11-2014, 08:42 AM
What would be needed to be done to differentiate it from the core Assassin Creed game?

Should they still use the AC engine? Same Animations and such?

No more hidden blades, instead throwing knives?

Limited pakour? I don't think pirates Parkour xD

No more stealth?

What would you liked to see in a 'Pirates creed' game?

HiddenKiller612
08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
For one thing, they'd need to bring Black Beard back... so go back before the events of AC IV took place... Second I would like larger naval battles, more variety in loot taken from ships... Like gold, silver, goods like paintings etc.... I like the notoriety system, but I'd like to see it upped even further... say we reach level 6 or 7... then an armada attacks us.... Say 10-15 ships of varying levels.... We should also be able to choose to engage or evade said ships.

I would like more customization for the ship we receive, maybe even be able to name it ourselves. Customize our character, new outfits, etc.

Have a pirates cove like in Black Flag, only much larger, with more customization as well with the ability to turn it into a fortress of sorts complete with cannons, and mortars that will actively attack enemies if they get within range.

Add more personality to the crew, have maybe a little back story to most or all if possible... Keep sea shanties, add new ones if possible. As our ship levels it gains in size until it becomes a full fledged Man "o' war equal to or greater than Black Beards ship...

Allow us to capture and even lead ships into battle.... have an armada of our own. Allow players to ransack towns looting and pillaging them... with a notoriety system... villagers will run in fear of you, hiding in their homes, some will have the courage to attack you... but most will cover in fear.... Eventually a township will call upon the governor and he'll send out a bounty on your head.

More ideas later.

Fatal-Feit
08-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Honestly, I'd love to have an RPG-like pirate game. Something like a mix between Brotherhood and Black Flag, just without all the emphasis on flashy parkouring and stealth mechanics. I'd also like to have a lot of catacomb-like explorations as well.

Oh, and tonnes of notorious pirates. AC:IV had quite a few, but they weren't the center of the story nor gameplay.

bionico16
08-11-2014, 09:02 AM
When did they say they're planning on doing this?

Fatal-Feit
08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
There was a survey for it, apparently.

HiddenKiller612
08-11-2014, 09:19 AM
I hope they do it...

Sesheenku
08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
They should move it away entirely from AC, it shouldn't be connected in any way.

That's the best way to get a proper audience imo as it doesn't tread on the toes of us fans.

I'd love a pirate game, especially when I buy a pirate game expecting it to be a full pirate game and get a full pirate game rather than AC4 which did a bit too much pirating because it was an AC game.

So new story, new locations, no connection to AC's universe whatsoever. Just you, your ship and a bunch of pirates.

Like Risen 2 except not ****ty.

joelsantos24
08-11-2014, 09:58 AM
What would be needed to be done to differentiate it from the core Assassin Creed game?

Should they still use the AC engine? Same Animations and such?

No more hidden blades, instead throwing knives?

Limited pakour? I don't think pirates Parkour xD

No more stealth?

What would you like to see in a 'Pirates creed' game?
Nothing.

Shahkulu101
08-11-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't think he's suggesting another AC with pirates but rather a new game on it's own, Joelsantos24.

I can understand if you don't want it in AC games. However how can you not like pirates in general?! :p

joelsantos24
08-11-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't think he's suggesting another AC with pirates but rather a new game on it's own, Joelsantos24.

I can understand if you don't want it in AC games. However how can you not like pirates in general?! :p
Please, call me Joel.

Yeah, I know what he was suggesting, I'm just a bit tired of the overall theme. I do like pirates, I love Stevenson's classic The Treasure Island and Black Sails (it's prequel), but I think that, after the Pirates of the Caribbean series, the theme was left worn out.

m4r-k7
08-11-2014, 10:35 AM
I reckon they are working on it and AC 3, AC 4, AC R have naval mechanics in order to get people used to the system. It will be weird going from AC to a pirate game due to parkour potentially being removed but I reckon they could make a stunning open world pirate game on next gen (I reckon a team has been developing a game for next-gen since AC 4 or something)
They could immensely improve ship customization, they could implement a true pirate story, make it more brutal and dark, pirate swordfighting.

There is a part of me though thinking they are not doing it as they have just announced Rogue, another pirate based AC game. A pirate game would certainly draw similarities to the AC games, even if they overhaul the mechanics. The story could be a lot different though.

marvelfannumber
Please, call me Joel.

Yeah, I know what he was suggesting, I'm just a bit tired of the overall theme. I do like pirates, I love Stevenson's classic The Treasure Island and Black Sails (it's prequel), but I think that, after the Pirates of the Caribbean series, the theme was left worn out.

Hey it's not like the video game industry doesn't love worn out themes am I right?

*cough*ZOMBIES*cough*

Excuse me, don't know what that was about.

Shahkulu101
Please, call me Joel.

I understand, but there are very few pirate games that are actually good - AC4 being one of the few. I think the theme can be put to good use as a game, mostly because you ARE the pirate in a video game. It's just awesome, plundering, captaining your own ship, taking over forts...

For sheer fun factor a pirate game is an awesome idea, and not many games have capitalised on the potential of pirate games. Obviously, AC4 having the burden of the AC title (:rolleyes:) the pirate parts weren't as in depth as they could have been. There's an opportunity for Ubisoft to create the ultimate pirate experience.

A few ideas:

- You can keep an entire fleet of ships that you can jump on and captain any time. A fleet of all boat classes, from schooner's to Man O' War's. All are customizable.

- The ability to hijack other ships as well as plunder them.

- More in depth naval system - AC4 felt too arcade-y and simplistic - a true pirate game could have more tactical combat, or more options. They could take historical liberties since it's not an AC game and add prototype weapons. Or add something like the Greek fire to swivel guns even though they weren't used on pirate ships.

Jackdaw951
08-11-2014, 10:52 AM
I still say they should join forces with Sid Meier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Pirates!_%282004_video_game%29). :)

Cornik22
08-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I'd love to see a new pirate franchise from Ubisoft with no AC elements at all. That would be amazing! Until that, don't forget Raven's Cry is coming out later this year. It has the potenctial to be a great pirate game and a worthy "sucessor" of Black Flag (or at least I hope so). http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/

Aphex_Tim
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
If you would consider Black Flag a pirate spinoff, then a Black Flag spinoff would be a spinoff of a spinoff of a spinoff....

joelsantos24
08-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I understand, but there are very few pirate games that are actually good - AC4 being one of the few. I think the theme can be put to good use as a game, mostly because you ARE the pirate in a video game. It's just awesome, plundering, captaining your own ship, taking over forts...

For sheer fun factor a pirate game is an awesome idea, and not many games have capitalised on the potential of pirate games. Obviously, AC4 having the burden of the AC title (:rolleyes:) the pirate parts weren't as in depth as they could have been. There's an opportunity for Ubisoft to create the ultimate pirate experience.

A few ideas:

- You can keep an entire fleet of ships that you can jump on and captain any time. A fleet of all boat classes, from schooner's to Man O' War's. All are customizable.

- The ability to hijack other ships as well as plunder them.

- More in depth naval system - AC4 felt too arcade-y and simplistic - a true pirate game could have more tactical combat, or more options. They could take historical liberties since it's not an AC game and add prototype weapons. Or add something like the Greek fire to swivel guns even though they weren't used on pirate ships.
I know, and according to AC4 reviews, the game delivers the greatest pirate simulation ever. And I understand the value it has for the fans, but to me, honestly, if Ubisoft spins-off AC4 into an exclusive pirate simulator, I won't be the least interested.

Mr_Shade
08-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I think it would be great - however - surveys don't always mean it will happen, just it 'may' ;)

Stealth Gamer92
08-11-2014, 02:58 PM
For one thing, they'd need to bring Black Beard back... so go back before the events of AC IV took place... Second I would like larger naval battles, more variety in loot taken from ships... Like gold, silver, goods like paintings etc.... I like the notoriety system, but I'd like to see it upped even further... say we reach level 6 or 7... then an armada attacks us.... Say 10-15 ships of varying levels.... We should also be able to choose to engage or evade said ships.

I would like more customization for the ship we receive, maybe even be able to name it ourselves. Customize our character, new outfits, etc.

Have a pirates cove like in Black Flag, only much larger, with more customization as well with the ability to turn it into a fortress of sorts complete with cannons, and mortars that will actively attack enemies if they get within range.

Add more personality to the crew, have maybe a little back story to most or all if possible... Keep sea shanties, add new ones if possible. As our ship levels it gains in size until it becomes a full fledged Man "o' war equal to or greater than Black Beards ship...

Allow us to capture and even lead ships into battle.... have an armada of our own. Allow players to ransack towns looting and pillaging them... with a notoriety system... villagers will run in fear of you, hiding in their homes, some will have the courage to attack you... but most will cover in fear.... Eventually a township will call upon the governor and he'll send out a bounty on your head.

More ideas later.

This, all this but two minor differences though.

1.) Instead of upgradeing our ship to a Man O War, bring back ship captureing and let our cove be able to keep our orriginal ship plus one extra of any class from schooner for speed to Man O War for firepower.

2.)Black Beard captained a frigate but black bart captained a man o war.

dxsxhxcx
08-11-2014, 03:30 PM
- RPG elements; - CUSTOMIZATION (character and ship); - have access to many characters like an RPG; - a better combat system; - no parkour or at least limited; - some fantasy elements (cursed treasures, take advantage of many pirate legends, etc); - a story that span many years like AC; - player's actions affecting the story;

Hans684
08-11-2014, 05:46 PM
I'd love to see a new pirate franchise from Ubisoft with no AC elements at all. That would be amazing! Until that, don't forget Raven's Cry is coming out later this year. It has the potenctial to be a great pirate game and a worthy "sucessor" of Black Flag (or at least I hope so). http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/

No it's not, it's screams Disneyfied POTC stereotype. Don't see any potential at all. Ubisoft can make a historical non-stereotype pirate freanshise that's not related to AC based on pirate history only. Or they can pull a POTC and make full on pirate fantasy that's so incorrect it's not even pirates.

JustPlainQuirky
08-11-2014, 06:06 PM
It would need to have 3 things:

1- the ability to sail a Man O' War
2- the ability to have your 'fleet' sail behind you and start battles for you
3- the ability to play 6v6 multiplayer in the open seas

ze_topazio
08-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Would love a Pirate game free of the limitations of the AC series.

guardian_titan
08-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Pirates were around for a lot longer than 1715-1722. There were pirates before and after those years. I myself am related to the Dutch pirate Jan Janzoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Janszoon) aka Murat Reiss (http://www.trowbridgemountain.info/janjanzoon.html) among other names although only by marriage. One of the brothers of my ancestor married one of his granddaughters or something like that. Ubisoft did a spin off, they could go off and do other piracy eras and maybe even go into China, Ancient Rome, etc.

There's PLENTY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pirates) of pirates Ubisoft can use for other games without retreading on the ones in AC4. Could make for an interesting franchise and allow them to still keep to history while treading on ground most don't even know about. How many know there were pirates going back to the Roman Empire? Or the Crusades? Would prove interesting to have different elements of naval combat due to the different ships in each era. Would avoid the games getting too repetitive.

Jackdaw951
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM

I'm sorry, but that looks terrible (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFkH5_Che1M). If what little gameplay is shown there is representative of the final product, it won't hold a candle to AC4 (or any AAA game).

Locopells
08-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Ubisoft can make a historical non-stereotype pirate freanshise that's not related to AC based on pirate history only. Or they can pull a POTC and make full on pirate fantasy that's so incorrect it's not even pirates.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c4b8f12016e305d4b6d36ae8d7c5d3af/tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif

I-Like-Pie45
08-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Would love a Pirate game free of the limitations of the AC series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9C6DxagIcI